• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I just now read that someone was complaining that regulator wouldn't fit her canister. The coupling was completely different from the actual ones that worked. She said she was going to buy a Max Dog one.
At first the escmode one was the oxygen one with an adaptor on it but it looks like he realized he could just sell the oxygen one with no adapter. What a guy.

Kenneth Law was arrested first in May. When did Greenberg close his account here?
I wish somebody would ban you, you are nothing but a troublemaker, you're worse than FromGermany, because at least he had some technical knowledge--Once again, show me anywhere where Nitrogen/EEBD Hood setup failed...I'll wait

Reactions: Das Nichts
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Escmode was reselling rebranded cheap regulators at a jacked up price. I found them online for a fraction of the price.
I don't have a solution I am simply saying that people may not be trustworthy or have an ulterior motive.
Like you?

Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
How many breaths does one need to ctb when using rbrthr?

Reactions: DeadHead
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
I wish somebody would ban you, you are nothing but a troublemaker, you're worse than FromGermany, because at least he had some technical knowledge--Once again, show me anywhere where Nitrogen/EEBD Hood setup failed...I'll wait
I presume when he and others talk about potential failed attempts, they are referring to getting some kind of brain damage from it not working properly with not enough flow of near 100% nitrogen in the hood. In which case you wouldn't hear about it. At least that's what I think he was referring to in a previous post I saw from him.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I just was making random comments on someone who was talking about a regulator that didn't fit. She said she felt like she had been scammed. That guy that sold her that has been arrested and more charges are pending.
I presume when he and others talk about potential failed attempts, they are referring to getting some kind of brain damage from it not working properly with not enough flow of near 100% nitrogen in the hood. In which case you wouldn't hear about it. At least that's what I think he was referring to in a previous post I saw from him.
I'm a she btw. Yes that's what I meant.
I don't pretend to know all about this method I'm just making some random comments.

I did read about one person this worked for, she was the wife of a famous painter. I don't know what her setup was.

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
I'm a she btw. Yes that's what I meant.

I did read about one person this worked for, she was the wife of a famous painter. I don't know what her setup was.

Apologies, I shouldn't have presumed.

As regards inert gas method, it has been reported to have worked for a few people on this site. I haven't done a comprehensive search, but at least two used the EEBD hood method. But I guess people will always have some worries about this type of method having some risk involved.

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Understand this is a place to discuss this method and I don't know anything about it. I seem to recall someone saying you need to breathe 100% nitrogen, without any air mixed in. Is that incorrect? I'm a newbie to this method so don't go ballistic, I'm just asking.

You need to get as close to 100% nitrogen as you can get.

I don't think anyone was going ballistic. I don't think anyone would disagree with you that Esc M was pricey, but like it was said, he offered a convenient setup.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Am nt sre wht Med Gude hs dne hre tht = bn-wrthy

Thy r dscussng infrmatn tht thy hve Cn on th/ ste - = ok t/ dsgree wth tht infrmatn or perspctve

Like you?

Pls kp thngs civl - accusatns r nt helpfl

Reactions: Readytogohome
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
"I wish somebody would ban you, you are nothing but a troublemaker," <--- All because I was talking about someone saying a regulator didn't fit, and someone used to sell ones that didn't fit according to someone here. Yes that's going ballistic.
In the past I noticed some people who were interested in directing people to certain places to buy expensive equipment.

Am nt sre wht Med Gude hs dne hre tht = bn-wrthy

Thy r dscussng infrmatn tht thy hve Cn on th/ ste - = ok t/ dsgree wth tht infrmatn or perspctve

Meditation guide was banned?

Was she banned for things she posted on this thread only, or an accumulation of all the things she has said everywhere on the site?
I would be surprised if it just related to things said on this site.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Meditation guide was banned?

Was she banned for things she posted on this thread only, or an accumulation of all the things she has said everywhere on the site?
I would be surprised if it just related to things said on this site.

MG hd bn neithr bannd nor warnd bcse thre = nt n.e reasn 2

Slf ws rspondng t/ a usr sayng tht sh/ shld b bannd whn sh/ hs dne nothng t/ warrnt a ban

Reactions: NoFutureAnymore
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I think @outrider567 critique is justified. This person comes here and produces alternate facts, after being refuted by @anonaon re-frames
everything to "asking random questions". To me this is classic gaslighting and very counter productive.

Critical discussion is always appreciated but should be done in a meaningful way, which includes posting sources or valid reasoning for your claim.

Every CTB method has it's risks, so does inert gas. There is a wealth of information available but there are certain aspects that cannot be answered
unless someone assists in the process and observes it. Multiple times, so it's statistically valid.

F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
MG hd bn neithr bannd nor warnd bcse thre = nt n.e reasn 2

Slf ws rspondng t/ a usr sayng tht sh/ shld b bannd whn sh/ hs dne nothng t/ warrnt a ban
Oh right, I misunderstood.
I think @outrider567 critique is justified. This person comes here and produces alternate facts, after being refuted by @anonaon re-frames
everything to "asking random questions". To me this is classic gaslighting and very counter productive.

Critical discussion is always appreciated but should be done in a meaningful way, which includes posting sources or valid reasoning for your claim.

Every CTB method has it's risks, so does inert gas. There is a wealth of information available but there are certain aspects that cannot be answered
unless someone assists in the process and observes it. Multiple times, so it's statistically valid.

I agree with the last two paragraphs above.

But do you think she deserves to be banned based on her previous few posts?
When the poster said she should be banned and called her a trouble-maker, I presumed it was based on a past history between them, either on this megathread or elsewhere. I haven't looked at their post history to confirm this.

But you're right, critical discussion should be done in a meaningful way.

Reactions: NoFutureAnymore
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
But do you think she deserves to be banned based on her previous few posts?
I too think what she said was within the limits. Maybe she didn't phrase it clear enough for everyone, but the amount of information is sometimes overwhelming and unordered. It can be sometimes frightening and some people are more anxious or technical than other people. Let's be kind to each other, I think we can agree that we're all in a difficult position.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I too think what she said was within the limits.
You mean the part where Greenberg, Kenneth law and Nischke all where the same person or at least interchangeable to fit the narrative that because kn sold his kit at a high margin everything else should be questioned as well ?

I strongly disagree.

Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
Since my date's getting closer, I was wondering how dangerous it'd be to try some test runs using a pulse oximeter. Was thinking of pulling my cheapo Chinese EEBD hood off when the oximeter reaches 70-80 range, and seeing if it continues to drop a bit after the hood is off and I've taken a few breaths of regular air. If I wanted to do this, will just any pulse oximeter do?

I also have a couple dummy heads lying around. I could try using an oxygen meter and CO2 meter to test it the way @Vizzy showed in his guide/setup. Given the dummy heads are smaller than real heads, the elastic band portion of the hood around the neck isn't going to fit snugly, so I imagine I'd have to waste some gas doing it that way. How reliable is the dummy head test? I've found the same oxygen meter he used, but not the CO2 meter. I've found a variety of cheap CO2 meters with no or bad reviews. Will just any do? And if I use CO2 meter for dummy head test, am I correct in assuming the CO2 level shown won't drop as fast as it would with my head actual breathing in it, since the hood needs human exhalation for the valve to expel CO2?

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
You mean the part where Greenberg, Kenneth law and Nischke all where the same person or at least interchangeable to fit the narrative that because kn sold his kit at a high margin everything else should be questioned as well ?

I strongly disagree.
You're probably right about that, however I think it's not worth a ban. We can't look in her mind to see what her motivation is. As I said, some people are more anxious and this can be the result.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
As I said, some people are more anxious and this can be the result.
There is difference between being anxious and posting alternate facts. The later one should not be tolerated.
FromGermanys musings are still read and cause doubt without providing any form of proof to his claims.

In retrospect my response to @MG_39 was unnecessary aggressive and immature and I'd like to apologize.
Since my date's getting closer, I was wondering how dangerous it'd be to try some test runs using a pulse oximeter. Was thinking of pulling my cheapo Chinese EEBD hood off when the oximeter reaches 70-80 range, and seeing if it continues to drop a bit after the hood is off and I've taken a few breaths of regular air. If I wanted to do this, will just any pulse oximeter do?
Another user has done this multiple times with very controlled and cautios breathing while observing the pulse oximeter and aborting after reaching a certain threshold. If you overdue it it's defiantly dangerous.

Id say the cheaper the pulse oxymeter, the more insensitive it will be the more cautious you have to be.

Here's a picture of my el-chapo 20 € oximeter, tests where done with a SCBA mask.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
There is difference between being anxious and posting alternate facts. The later one should not be tolerated.
FromGermanys musings are still read and cause doubt without providing any form of proof to his claims.

In retrospect my response to @MG_39 was unnecessary aggressive and immature and I'd like to apologize.

Wht wre th/ altern8tve fcts tho

MG refrrd 2 a membr wh/ ws cncernd tht thy hd bn scammd b/ Escmde - sh/ hs sd tht sh/ = nt knwldgble abt Nitrgn as a methd

Sh/ mde speculatns abt th/ I.r.l identty of a prevs membr whch tbh no1 knws & cn prve eithr wy - Greenbrg cld b Mke Tysn fr all n.e1 knws

& = wll b clear tht Philp Ntzshe & KL r dffrnt ppl b/ virtu of thr nmes & tht 1 of thm = in prisn & th/ othr = nt

Slf lookd thru th/ commnts & cld nt C n.e fearmngerng abt Nitrgn as a methd - jst sme pssble shady bsiness practces of sme ppl tht wre sellng equipmnt

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Wht wre th/ altern8tve fcts tho
Would have been helpful if she didn't nuke her posting. But what about this trifecta of facts ?

Sh/ mde speculatns abt th/ I.r.l identty of a prevs membr whch tbh no1 knws & cn prve eithr wy - Greenbrg cld b Mke Tysn fr all n.e1 knws
Yeah or he could just be Greenberg. Like you say yourself - speculates. In what way is this a benefit to meaningful discussion ?

Slf lookd thru th/ commnts & cld nt C n.e fearmngerng abt Nitrgn as a methd - jst sme pssble shady bsiness practces of sme ppl tht wre sellng equipmnt
In what way is this relevant today ? escmode is gone, you cant buy there anymore. Whats the connection to what is currently discussed in this thread ?
escmode sold hoods, we recommend hoods as opposed to exit bag because it's ready to use and avoids a lot of questions about building the exit bag and it's usage.

And what should I make of this gem ?

Guys please be very careful about trusting people on this site especially if they are directing you what to buy specifically.
This is spouting direct mistrust about the users who spend their time helping other people understanding inert gas / hood / SCBA.

I go as far and say everyone that starts looking into inert gas doesn't get it right the first time. So DMs are sent, links are sent back so people understand
the concept and also can start buying their setup.

Nobody in here runs a shop for welding equipment or firefighting gear, nobody cashes out. So this kind of nonsense is an insult to people like TiredHorse, Greenberg, and @GasMonkey who kept this thread alive until other people showed up and keep on putting in time answering posts and dms.

Reactions: bluebus
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
Id say the cheaper the pulse oxymeter, the more insensitive it will be the more cautious you have to be.
That's what I was thinking too. I figured the cheaper the pulse oximeter, the less sensitive/accurate and the larger % error there would be in measurement.

Here's a picture of my el-chapo 20 € oximeter, tests where done with a SCBA mask.
I really wish I could've put together a SCBA setup, since I could do a blackout test and have the mask fall off in case I passed out. The cost and accessibility of parts in the US was just such a pain in the arse...

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
That's what I was thinking too. I figured the cheaper the pulse oximeter, the less sensitive/accurate and the larger % error there would be in measurement
Check out vizzys posts. I think he did some testing with am dummy head. Maybe his results satisfy your curiosity.

It can be done. Maybe the user how did this multiple times will chime in. I don't want to out anybody.

I really wish I could've put together a SCBA setup, since I could do a blackout test and have the mask fall off in case I passed out. The cost and accessibility of parts in the US was just such a pain in the arse...
I can understand you frustration. EU is really the region for all things inert gas.

Reactions: outrider567
BrainDamageFromMob

BrainDamageFromMob

Sep 19, 2023
So if you have no problem with that adapter, that adapter will be the next solution for the SCBA setup.
There's also a DIN300 G5/8 to CGA-580 adapter in the US.
View attachment 120206

Is this the correct adapter for a Nitrogen tank with a CGA580 Valve? I'm in the U.S trying to get the correct nitrogen tank and adapter for DIN 300 connection.

I'm using a full face scuba mask with DIN 300 connection, to a CGA 580 valve, that means I can use the adapter you listed above correct? DIN 300 G5/8 to CGA 580?
So if you have no problem with that adapter, that adapter will be the next solution for the SCBA setup.
There's also a DIN300 G5/8 to CGA-580 adapter in the US.
View attachment 120206

I think I found the exact adapter you have pictured, however it is listed as 240 bar, is that ok to use with the 300bar DIN 1st stage regulator?

Last edited:
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
@BrainDamageFromMob I sent you the links.
I think I found the exact adapter you have pictured, however it is listed as 240 bar, is that ok to use with the 300bar DIN 1st stage regulator?
Yeah you can use the DIN200 adapter with a DIN300 reg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Das Nichts
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So I want to CTB now and I still don't have my hood back as all these things were stolen from me. I will use 25LPM and I was assured by multiple doctors online, bard/gpt that it's hard to wake someone up from severe cerebral hypoxia. It doesn't matter though for almost all people that want to use this method so maybe I wasn't clear enough about that. It matters to me as I'm in a very special situation but all answers I got were negative so you cannot wake someone up with a pain stimulus. Take it with a grain of salt because I am no medical doctor.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
So you fill the hood with nitrogen and pull it on? Then take a few deep breaths? Is that the procedure and how many breaths until blackout?

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
So you fill the hood with nitrogen and pull it on? Then take a few deep breaths? Is that the procedure and how many breaths until blackout?
Hold the EEBD/Rescue hood on your forehead,open the regulator's outlet and set the flow rate to 25LPM(~50-55 SCFH) and wait for 1min to pre-fill the hood,exhale fully(empty your lungs completely) and pull the hood down over your head(on your neck) and take a very deep breath of Nitrogen.

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Ask Das_Nichts, he passed out using the 25 LPM rate, and only survived because he fell down and hit a cabinet

F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023

According to the PPH, with an Exit Bag you become unconscious after 1 or 2 breaths (having previously hyperventilated before pulling down the bag). Some here have said it takes longer, about 30 seconds.