• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Special thanks to @GasMonkey @Das Nichts @outrider567 for helping me to build my nitrogen gas setup

Y'all are doing godly work, thank you 🙏

Can I get some thoughts on the final result?, that would be helpful, thank you
Well what can I say ?! Impressive work, esp. the DIY aspect! What did the whole setup cost including tools ? Did you post tubing and crimping connector diameters somewhere ? This could be handy for other users.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Well what can I say ?! Impressive work, esp. the DIY aspect! What did the whole setup cost including tools ? Did you post tubing and crimping connector diameters somewhere ? This could be handy for other users.
Thank you 🙏

For me it cost somewhere near 500-600 dollars but it depends on the country, I did this in Thailand so it is pretty cheap but expensive for a developing country

Yes I am making a document right now on how I did it
Oxygen regulator which comes with the eebd hood, hose is cut to remove the eebd hood

IMG 0366
Eebd hose connected with a hose clamps to the flowmeter barb and no leaks

IMG 0365
After eebd hood and extension hose are crimped using a hose crimping tool

IMG 0369
Final product

IMG 0372

Ear plugs:

IMG 0374

Last edited:
T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I plan to leave in 2-3 three years. Home helium packaging is sold in my country. The question is how do I connect the tube to the tank valve. Need an adapter?

The tank also contains 99% helium. No 80% helium 20% oxygen.

Attachments

• FO116-9.jpg
    FO116-9.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
I plan to leave in 2-3 three years. Home helium packaging is sold in my country. The question is how do I connect the tube to the tank valve. Need an adapter?

The tank also contains 99% helium. No 80% helium 20% oxygen.
You must remove the nozzle from the valve, then you can directly connect a PVC hose to the valve, without a pressure reducer. But you cannot trust the specification of 99% Helium on a balloon tank.

S

shadowfinal311

May 17, 2023
Okay, I'm an idiot. Just realized I was reading my flow meter wrong while doing my daily volume/leak check. There are two measuring units on it (LPM/SCFH). I've been reading the SCFH units, mistaking them for LPM.

So when I did my first few practice runs, I claimed it was at 20 LPM, but it was actually 10 LPM.

When I did my last tests, I claimed it was at 30 LPM, but it was actually 15 LPM.

At 15 LPM, I didn't suffocate/hyperventilate/panic and felt the tingles and lightheadedness, so PPeH had it correct about the flow rate IMO.

Still gonna follow the recommended 25 LPM with the 3M hood for my final run. My backup cancelled recently and I doubt I would be able to get an EEBD hood prior to the end of the month so I'll just have to sit tight with the 3M hood.

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
You must remove the nozzle from the valve, then you can directly connect a PVC hose to the valve, without a pressure reducer. But you cannot trust the specification of 99% Helium on a balloon tank.
Thanks for the answers. I have read in this thread that welding gases are usable, for example nitrogen and argon. They are more reliable than home helium packaging?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Okay, I'm an idiot. Just realized I was reading my flow meter wrong while doing my daily volume/leak check. There are two measuring units on it (LPM/SCFH). I've been reading the SCFH units, mistaking them for LPM.

So when I did my first few practice runs, I claimed it was at 20 LPM, but it was actually 10 LPM.

When I did my last tests, I claimed it was at 30 LPM, but it was actually 15 LPM.

At 15 LPM, I didn't suffocate/hyperventilate/panic and felt the tingles and lightheadedness, so PPeH had it correct about the flow rate IMO.

Still gonna follow the recommended 25 LPM with the 3M hood for my final run. My backup cancelled recently and I doubt I would be able to get an EEBD hood prior to the end of the month so I'll just have to sit tight with the 3M hood.
Very interesting--Glad you found out that you originally had the wrong flow rate, to put it mildly

K

kyxz

Jun 14, 2023
I have a nitrogen tank, but I was wondering how to safely open/turn it on. I feel silly to admit it.. but I'm afraid of it turning into a missile (its 125 cu ft) or does that only happen if the valve gets broken off?
I apologize for the ignorance.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I have a nitrogen tank, but I was wondering how to safely open/turn it on. I feel silly to admit it.. but I'm afraid of it turning into a missile (its 125 cu ft) or does that only happen if the valve gets broken off?
Mine is a 125 cu ft also--You need to use the nitrogen regulator to connect it first, its under great pressure---When I realized that I had a Max Dog regulator(repurposed Oxygen regulator so it was faulty), I had to use a wrench to disconnect the regulator from the tank, but I made it real tight originally--Finally, using the adjustable wrench, I got it and it blew off like a bullet sounded like a gunshot lol, bang! good thing my earplugs were in---
Remember to keep it below 125 degrees, or it might start spitting out some high pressure bursts, maybe like an out of control fire extinguisher

Last edited:
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
@GasMonkey
Another episode of weird questions
DIN 477 NO.13 with G 5/8 INT thread is air standard in Germany.Since drager is a German company,why is the thread of this company's cylinders M18 × 1.5?
I don't see any M18 × 1.5 thread in these tables:

Attachments

• 20230618_231731.png
    20230618_231731.png
    304.1 KB · Views: 0
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
160851_HTB1nxAudEsIL1JjSZPiq6xKmpXat.jpg

160852_HTB1vyOXb.gQMeJjy0Fiq6xhqXXaP.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ztem
feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
I see that I now have the option to chat or start a conversation

Is the "Start a Conversation" function the same as a PM here ?
I'm trying to figure this out too.

K

kvhenni

Jun 10, 2023
Given a 150 bar, 1.5 m3 Nitrogen tank. What output pressure would you recommend for an exit bag? How to estimate the time of gas flow based on the output pressure and the tank's volume?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
You should use a flow regulator at 15 LPM.

G

GeneTunney

Feb 3, 2023
Finding a Nitrogen regulator with a flowmeter in the UK is proving difficult.

I'm wondering how likely it is I'll find one online for delivery.

Reactions: bannedfromtv
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Finding a Nitrogen regulator with a flowmeter in the UK is proving difficult.
You can get a pressure regulator and attach a flow meter to it. Regulators with integrated flow meters are more rare yeah.

The best way to test any constant flow setup is to test it with air (that's what EXIT International did to determine the optimal flow rate for ExitBags). That increases the price a lot obviously since you need an air cylinder+air flow regulator but it's super cool to see the setup in action, test different flow rates and see that you can breath freely without problems, especially for homemade ExitBags. 😅

I'll just have to sit tight with the 3M hood
Can the gas inlet in the hood be moved to be able to lay or recline comfortably while wearing the hood? cuz in the photos looks like the inlet is in the back of the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeneTunney
S

shadowfinal311

May 17, 2023
Can the gas inlet in the hood be moved to be able to lay or recline comfortably while wearing the hood? cuz in the photos looks like inlet is in the back of the head.

The gas inlet cannot be moved, though it's not a problem to recline comfortably with it as long as keep the tube from being directly behind you. Lying on your side isn't an issue, but I wouldn't recommend lying on your back with it.

I forgot to note that the 3M hood has a perforated section underneath the chin. I assume this is there to allow purging since the elastic is tight. 1687335472691

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GasMonkey
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
No flowmeter, just adjustable output pressure in psi/bar
We don't know that, nobody has done tests to determine the optimal pressure, just the optimal flow. The ExitBag has always been used with a certain flow rate, not a certain pressure.

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
The EEBD hood is very good.
You will also have to find an adapter to connect the EEBD hood to the output of the flow regulator.
The era of the "ready to use kits" ended when the Police took down escMode, now you have to do your homework to build a good setup. :blarg:
i already built one nitro + bag set,but had to leave it for some emergency reasons and it's gone right now. Since then I wanted to buy EEBD hood from escmode,but it's gone now… Do you know if there any analogue of escmode where I could buy EEBD hood?