• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
We all end up in the ground eventually and everything you work for, you can't take with you.

Basically, to me it feels like we're passing time until we pass on and then the next generation can do it again. Everything is temporary. Why are we even here?

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Everything you work for, you can't take with you, but you can do something that will benefit some of your reincarnations.
Wdym? Can you control your next incarnation? How do you figure out your past life?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
That's the only comfort to me, that eventually everything will disappear into nothingness, I'd always see it as better that this existence is erased. It's incredibly tragic to me how people procreate in the first place, all they are doing is creating meaningless suffering that never needed to exist, only never existing is true perfection to me.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Just like you said, we do our part and pass it to the next generation and they'll repeat the same, and so on. It's an evolution that goes on and on until it comes to the end point or goal it's trying to reach.

Why? I don't know, nobody knows why we're here. Some see it as a beautiful place that we get to experience once, most religious people see it as a test world from god where they'll be judged at the end and put in an afterlife.

It makes sense that everything is temporary for living beings, we're not even suited to live for eternity. Which is what most humans don't want anyways.

Death is just a part of the process and we'll get there eventually.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
We know why we're here- our parents succumbed to their natural urges. Beyond that- it's up to us within our own limitations. We can take the nihilist viewpoint and do nothing because it's all pointless anyway. We can follow our talents and create a legacy. I'm personally grateful people do do that- imagine life without music, films, books, games, medicine, housing. Or, we can try our best and be disappointed when we fail.

But- I don't agree that- just because things have an end, it makes them worthless. Do you only enjoy entertainment by artists who are still alive? Do you think they would have lead a happier, more fulfilled life if they hadn't written that book, composed that music, released that song? Of course- that's not to say life itself doesn't limit our efforts and, that is sad but I suppose I can't quite agree with the whole nihilism for everyone view.

LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
Everything is temporary?? Yippee!!

But for real though, does a chef make a gourmet meal for it to last forever? No, it is finite and it's existence is limited. Yet it is beautiful all the less.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Wdym? How do you know?
I'm just guessing of course, but if you look around the world at all the beautiful and successful people most of them seem very self-centered and narcissistic, so I find it hard to believe, that they were so kind, giving and selfless in their last life. Like most happy and successful people are jerks or at least have very bad traits imo and therefore, I found it hard to believe that they were oh so giving in their previous life. Hope it makes sense.. :ahhha:

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I'm just guessing of course, but if you look around the world at all the beautiful and successful people most of them seem very self-centered and narcissistic, so I find it hard to believe, that they were so kind, giving and selfless in their last life. Like most happy and successful people are jerks or at least have very bad traits imo and therefore, I found it hard to believe that they were oh so giving in their previous life. Hope it makes sense.. :ahhha:
I agree with you still that does not contradict with my words. I tried to explain how it works in my second answer at this thread. Have you read it too? Maybe I would say more in this post, but I want to sleep already, so not today.

• Informative
Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
I agree with you still that does not contradict with my words. I tried to explain how it works in my second answer at this thread. Have you read it too? Maybe I would say more in this post, but I want to sleep already, so not today.
Yes but I didn't read what you talked about from another thread - can you link it?

Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
"everything is temporary". That has been said before. See the Book of Ecclesiastes (or Kohelet in Hebrew). It's the only book of the bible that ever made much sense to me. Unfortunately, all the English translations I know lose a lot of the sense of the Hebrew. Here are the first 3 verses, in the King James Version

The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

but remember that the word "vanity" that appears there does not have its contemporary sense. It translates a Hebrew word that carries the sense of "something insubstantial and temporary".

I think that Ecclesiastes was probably written by an atheist. The references to God don't fit the overall tone, and I think they must have been added by a later scribe.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
We all end up in the ground eventually and everything you work for, you can't take with you.

Basically, to me it feels like we're passing time until we pass on and then the next generation can do it again. Everything is temporary. Why are we even here?
We're all hamsters on a hamster wheel who will go extinct as a species just like the 99% of species in the past that went extinct before we came along. It's pointless delaying of the inevitable, we're delaying the inevitable extinction by procreating and prolonging the suffering until then.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
We're all hamsters on a hamster wheel who will go extinct as a species just like the 99% of species in the past that went extinct before we came along. It's pointless delaying of the inevitable, we're delaying the inevitable extinction by procreating and prolonging the suffering until then.
Literally. This is why I'm not procreating. I'm not going to bring new beings here just to suffer. The vicious cycle of existence will end with me
All we are is dust in the wind...
Blown away by time…

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
It's awesome to embrace nihilism and live the 'fuck it' life and see the beauty in all and the cosmic joke and and...
until you get no-shit anhedonia and/or chronic pain. Party is over.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
We have more people being born everyday compared to those dying. So are these new lives being created out of nowhere?
I heard that those souls could have come from animals and other planets

Reactions: Kit1
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Kinda random, but this thread reminds me of a song called Overrated Existence by The Last Felony. You might get something out of the lyrics:

"Apathy is divine.
The day I stopped caring I became god and this world's secrets opened themselves up to me.
"Why are we here?" Well, where the fuck else would you be you dumb motherfucker?
If there was a God, do you really think he'd give a fuck about you? You'd just be a useless little ant to him.
Life exists because the only alternative is absolutely nothing, and if you were nothing you couldn't really realize it now could you?
Not that you've really amounted to anything. Pop out a couple of kids to gain a false sense of immortality like you were programmed to and move the fuck on. We blind ourselves to what is truly going on here because we can't accept its immense
simplicity. Life is not a miracle, it's a daily occurrence.
The only astonishing facet of it is the astonishing amount of bullshit we feed ourselves to make it seem so much more grand, so much more epic.
You are who you are because you had to be someone, and it just happened to fall on the ugly prick known as you
The randomness of it all is cheapened by the fact that it happens a thousand times every fucking day.
I know what they say, every snowflake is completely unique… but once it falls on the ground it's just fucking snow, and you're flesh and bones, just fucking human like everyone else.
So find yourself a reason to live, just remember that beyond the confines of your mind, that reason is without value. If it keeps you motivated to go on, good, but be honest with yourself about what you are truly doing: you're just finding a way to pass the time 'til you die."​

All their songs read more like rants than songs, this one especially seems like something you'd find here. Fun stuff