• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes hope grows tentative and slowly while despair can seem to fall on us like an avalanche. This can make hope seem fragile and less significant. Perhaps it would be better if we saw in hope a strength to move mountains and let despair take a less significant proportion.

Sometimes we define that in which we hope as another person or some future condition. It may be more practical to see hope in several things that are more tangible and draw from them a more persistent and less fragile support.

For example if one sees in activities such as reading a favorite book, watching a favorite film, or enjoying a favorite meal, it may be possible to build a network of small expected pleasures that are less likely to collectively disappoint.

C

Computer Blue

Jan 19, 2021
Same here. I don't usually fool about with hope regarding external circumstances anymore because as you said it always gets destroyed. I have instead been trying to change how I react to external circumstances. Have a look at Stoicism and Taoism if you are interested.