• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I haven't had a nightmare in years and i find that odd. Yes, i would have dreams where i'd die in a car crash but i wouldn't feel this overwhelming terror right before the impact. I'd dream of being in a room surrounded by "extradimensional" creatures but i wouldn't be very afraid.

Plus sometimes i would dream of people i absolutely hate in real life but in the dream the hate is not there, not even mild annoyance. It's weird. It's almost like my emotions are muted during dreams. It's like i'm just one level away from being totally emotionless. Just wondering if it's the same for you guys.

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Weird, for me it's the total opposite. In reality my emotions are heavily muted yet when I'm asleep they come out full force. I can actually feel. Deeply. They can even be volatile. It's a bizzare change of pace because when awake they're either hollow, cold, repressed, or exhausted. Almost the "one level away from being totally emotionless". Kind of dead feeling, to be honest.

I think it's because my dreams are the only place I'm truly "safe" so I feel comfortable expressing there. I never feel safe otherwise.

Maybe you're using up so much energy during waking hours that your soul almost needs to recharge when resting? Just a theory.

Reactions: Circles and Orin
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I smoke pot to stop me from dreaming. Or keep me from remembering them.
I've had a lot of bad experiences and I don't want memories surfacing in my dreams where I can't control them..

Reactions: Circles and Orin
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Sleep is the period where we grow, recover, and organize. Sleep is the most active segment of our daily cycle, and is the only time when we learn.

Skipping the cycles, while sleeping the brain actually excretes a solution (forgot the name) correlated with dreaming and rem stage. The solution's primary function is likely to maintain and grow neurons among other things. During this period we're organizing all the data we've interacted with since the previous cycle, this may for an uncertain reason causes "dreaming" which we forget the vast majority of.

So dreams I guess you can say are logs of data transfer in our head that our brain occasionally-rarely forgets to "delete" immediately after organizing large sums of data. Keep in mind this ALL actions and reactions our body takes over our day, on a cellular level. I find it quite amazing when you think of how rarely an adult recalls a dream, we're talking sums of data that would take the world's fastest quantum computers decades to process, a human brain does within 7-9 hours with less than 1% margin of error.

Last edited: