G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
I read the SN succesful/unsuccessful thread and it left me questioning my choice of ctb method. Many people vomited even after doing the 48 hour regimen by taking meto.

Also I read in some threads that SN might cause loss of vision, wtf. What if I become blind after a failed SN attempt, that's scary as hell.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, delayedcactus, annointed_towers and 8 others
NotBart

NotBart

Aug 22, 2023
I'm not an expert, but for what I've read, most people who vomited but followed a correct regimen died anyway. Actually, it seems like a lot of people vomits, but it's just not enough to stop the effects of SN
you can check this:
EndJustifiesTheMeans goodbye thread
he vomited (quite a lot?), but apparently he went to a better place anyway

Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, wastingtime, tera_forest and 8 others
Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
Not just that, but getting the 98% or higher purity would be a problem i'd think. A lot of businesses can say it's 98% or higher and not be telling the truth. There has been a lot of success with SN though.

Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There are risks of failing and severe damage can be done to the body, no doubt. That can happen with any other CTB method as well especially when someone is being found too early and a rescue attempt is started.

Vomiting cannot be eliminated only the meds can help to reduce the risk. I see the major failure risk in being found to early or still being able to call for help. But actually just a few grams of SN are lethal in most cases it just needs time.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Kerrtu, 020x, Eternal Sleep! and 10 others
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I read the SN succesful/unsuccessful thread and it left me questioning my choice of ctb method. Many people vomited even after doing the 48 hour regimen by taking meto.

Also I read in some threads that SN might cause loss of vision, wtf. What if I become blind after a failed SN attempt, that's scary as hell.
....also possible:

permanent brain damage, multi organ damage, destroyed immune system (everything right after failure, but also delayed) and of course cancer.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, yasmine299, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Is this another scaremongering thread?

Reactions: LastFlowers, betternever2havbeen, Eternal Sleep! and 4 others
G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
Is this another scaremongering thread?
Nope. I want to ctb badly, but don't want to risk having any bad consequences if I end up surviving

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Unknown21, Eternal Sleep!, heavyeyes and 5 others
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
Same, even the successful ones when witnessed looked like they were in pain, groaning and shaking and all that. I think I will probably look into CO, at least people who pass from it looks like they passed in their sleep. That or street fentanyl if I ever know how to get my hands on some. They're mixing it with xylazine now so it'll be more effective for ctb.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, punkarmadillo, heavyeyes and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
....also possible:

permanent brain damage, multi organ damage, destroyed immune system (everything right after failure, but also delayed) and of course cancer.

Do you know of any members here who failed SN who now have longterm health problems? I vaguely recall one but I don't remember their name.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Eternal Sleep!, punkarmadillo and 1 other person
G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
Same, even the successful ones when witnessed looked like they were in pain, groaning and shaking and all that. I think I will probably look into CO, at least people who pass from it looks like they passed in their sleep. That or street fentanyl if I ever know how to get my hands on some. They're mixing it with xylazine now so it'll be more effective for ctb.
Even I'm thinking about CO now, but I don't have a proper place to do it. I can't do it in a hotel room because apparently CO leaks through walls so it might poison other people. And I don't feel comfortable doing it in any camping site with a tent and all because I might seem suspicious

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
....also possible:

Thank you for being a voice of reason. In the past, people would claim there is no damage that cannot be reversed and then it gets repeated so often, others take it as fact. People have different health conditions, in my case I could be even worse off than I now am if I had a failed sn attempt, which is why mine is sitting in the cupboard never (or highly unlikely) to be used.

Reactions: heavyeyes, idontfeellikeimreal and CW36
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
airtight0Even I'm thinking about CO now, but I don't have a proper place to do it. I can't do it in a hotel room because apparently CO leaks throupgh walls so it might poison other people. And I don't feel comfortable doing it in any camping site with a tent and all because I might seem suspicious
Yeah space is a big problem. I was reading up on CO methods and sounds like doing it in a car people had problem since that's not airtight either. If I were to do it I'll probably just go in a nearby woods with a tent (not colorful one), not camping site cause I don't want to ruin other campers trips, and then set to send out a text with my location to the police after like 10 hours post planned time. There's plenty of unhoused population around my area that are camping in random places around the city without being disrupted much so I'm sure I'll be able to find a place where I won't be interrupted. Maybe.

Oh and using a bivvy, since that's lower to the ground and smaller volume of space. Still working out the details in my head though.

• Hugs
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal and not-2-b-the-answer
Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
There are risks of failing and severe damage can be done to the body, no doubt. That can happen with any other CTB method as well especially when someone is being found too early and a rescue attempt is started.

Vomiting cannot be eliminated only the meds can help to reduce the risk. I see the major failure risk in being found to early or still being able to call for help. But actually just a few grams of SN are lethal in most cases it just needs time.
My family is well aware of brain damage during a failed attempt, with how messed up I am already i'm sure they'd be smart enough to leave me there a while before they called ems lol. But what happens when you get found during a failed attempt? Do they just bring you back or is there a choice to do it that has to be made or? I feel like I need a DNR before I try...

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes and not-2-b-the-answer
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
SN is not the super solution so many tout on these threads. I'm afraid the reality is far from it. It's certainly a complex and extremely prolonged procedure, but many here have also talked of panic and pain to accompany it.

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88, Eternal Sleep!, ctvunny and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
There is NO 100% method !!!

The reason SN became popular in the first place is because it WAS CHEAP and easy to obtain.
Yes there are fails but there are many more successful results.
There are risks to every method !!!
CANCER is the least of my concerns !!! The others are a little more.
The worst CANCER is LIFE !!!!
If you end up a vegetable... You probably won't know it.😉

You have to decide what method you are most comfortable with. No one can decide that for you.

P.S. .... If you are lucky enough to have SN Do Not Throw It Out, You May Not Be Able To Get More !!!

• Informative
Reactions: Kerrtu, jolongone, betternever2havbeen and 6 others
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
I smell BS.

If you really want to CTB you would have already done it. CO does not leak through walls and you do not need a campsite to open up a tent... Jeez....
Well aren't you being toxic. Pepple can be at different points in their journey to CTB, not everyone is ready to jump at the chance right this moment. This is feels like it shares the sentiment such as "if you really wanted to die you would have done it already" or "doing it for attention"... if you read something you think is wrong information, educate not pass judgement...

Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1, dialogos, XcatnipX and 7 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I am not toxic but you attack me. A tent can be build almost anywhere, and the CO story is simply nonsense.

G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
Well aren't you being toxic. Pepple can be at different points in their journey to CTB, not everyone is ready to jump at the chance right this moment. This is feels like it shares the sentiment such as "if you really wanted to die you would have done it already" or "doing it for attention"... if you read something you think is wrong information, educate not pass judgement...
Thank you, couldn't have put it better myself.

Reactions: Kerrtu
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023

The reason SN became popular in the first place is because it WAS CHEAP and easy to obtain.

You have to decide what method you are most comfortable with. No one can decide that for you.

P.S. .... If you are lucky enough to have SN Do Not Throw It Out, You May Not Be Able To Get More !!!
Or you may be a "vegetable" and still feel pain but be unable to communicate.

• Wow
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023

There are some 100% methods such as jumping into volcanoes, which many choose to do every year. Niche, but cool (🔥). It comes with the added bonus of a free cremation too, but good luck getting the ashes back..

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Amyend88, not-2-b-the-answer, Katakuri19 and 4 others
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
I am not toxic but you attack me. A tent can be build almost anywhere, and the CO story is simply nonsense.
Your tone was condescending how I read it. You can take what I said as an attack, or feedback on how you came off to others. I know written words may carry unintended connotations compared to spoke words, so it may be you took my words the way I did not intend, and I may have taken your words the way you did not intend.

Regardless, we should practice understanding and support, we're all here because we're stuck on this fucking planet living a life we didn't ask for. Instead of pointing out what you think are *wrong*, you could suggest ways to make things work, like how to successfully undergo CO poisoning in hotels or ways to build a tent in places that will have no interruptions. This is a discussion forum not an exam.

• Love
Reactions: XcatnipX, Kerrtu, punkarmadillo and 2 others
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I have the same concerns, not to mention after reading reports here during last 2 weeks. Therefore I'm more into inert gas method now, but it also has some cons though
There are some 100% methods such as jumping into volcanoes, which many choose to do every year. Niche, but cool (🔥). It's a free cremation, but no one's keeping the ashes..
Well, I wanted to write something similar lol. Or parachute jumping from 2km should be more than enough to 100% death, if parachute isn't deployed of course

Reactions: DeadHead, watchingthebuses and CW36
D

Deleted member 65988

You would think people would actually have the time to search this forum for past threads that have answered this exact question thats been before. There's nothing to doubt in terms of its reliability as people mostly fail by calling for help or by getting found just as with any method no matter how reliable it is. It has a proven track record of working when protocol is followed, I don't know how many more times this will be repeated.

@CW36 you are absolutely overcomplicating SN as a method in terms of its practial approach. It is not a "certainly a complex and extremely prolonged procedure". Tell me just how long is 8 hrs of prep time to do a stat dose of SN. 48hrs sure does sound like a lot, enough for people's SI to act up but that's why there is Stat dose as an alternative.

Seriously, the fears some people have over this method is understandable but sometimes a bit too exaggerated. Losing vision over SN isn't permanent as far as I've seen, just another symptom of low blood pressure from the loss of oxygen during the process.

Also if you are so worried about vomiting, read this.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos, Kerrtu, NoHorizon and 2 others
SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
I smell BS.

If you really want to CTB you would have already done it. CO does not leak through walls and you do not need a campsite to open up a tent... Jeez....
It's comments like this that give communities like these a bad rep.

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Kerrtu, Dead Already and 4 others
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
You would think people would actually have the time to search this forum for past threads that have answered this exact question thats been before. There's nothing to doubt in terms of its reliability as people mostly fail by calling for help or by getting found just as with any method no matter how reliable it is. It has a proven track record of working when protocol is followed, I don't know how many more times this will be repeated.

@CW36 you are absolutely overcomplicating SN as a method in terms of its practial approach. It is not a "certainly a complex and extremely prolonged procedure". Tell me just how long is 8 hrs of prep time to do a stat dose of SN. 48hrs sure does sound like a lot, enough for people's SI to act up but that's why there is Stat dose as an alternative.

Seriously, the fears some people have over this method is understandable but sometimes a bit too exaggerated. Losing vision over SN isn't permanent as far as I've seen, just another symptom of low blood pressure from the loss of oxygen during the process.

Sourcing the goods and following a thirteen course meal over two days is difficult, complex and prolonged compared to most other methods. Fact.

• Informative
Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1 and Amyend88
D

Deleted member 65988

And another thing, some of the methods that people speak about as an alternative to SN are entirely unfeasible and have more pitfalls too. Like who the hell wants to jump into a volcanoe regardless of free cremation.

Also @conarc it is entirely justified for people to have their concerns about SN or any method for that matter. Some people waste no time and don't make many posts whilst here and disappear while others stay because of the sense of community and understanding here.

I just think that with regards to SN, all that there has to be discussed about it has been already, whether it's possible to have long term health issues or whether it's painful or not, at the end of day, it's up to the individual to decide for themselves if it is a method they can use.
Sourcing the goods and following a thirteen course meal over two days is difficult, complex and prolonged compared to most other methods. Fact.
OTC AEs can still be used, anyone can get painkillers and antacid as well as other items. It's a method that has been tweaked by quite a few users in the past to what they had access to. So it is not a fact that it is indeed "difficult, complex or prolonged" as you claim it is. A Stat dose is not difficult in any respect to follow if anyone does not feel a 48hr regimen is within their time or ability to do.

Also I've never seen any mention of a 13 course meal as you've stated. Fasting for the most part is fundamental part of this method

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Kerrtu, Duality and 6 others
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023

Sourcing the goods and following a thirteen course meal over two days is difficult, complex and prolonged compared to most methods. Fact.
Like who the hell wants to jump into a volcano regardless of free cremation.
How about hundreds every year? Many more people have died that way than SN at this particular point, that's for sure. You sir, are too serious full stop.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Amyend88
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
This all ends up as just another anti SN thread while ignoring the facts/evidence...

Reactions: dialogos, Dead Already, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
D

Deleted member 65988

How about hundreds every year? Many more people have died that way than SN at this particular point, that's for sure. You sir, are too serious full stop.
How am I being too serious when such an alternative is realistically unlikely for a lot of people. While I will give you some credence that more people have died that way compared to SN which has been on the rise over the past few years, we're talking about methods the average individual can have access to.

You sir, have misrepresented SN as being this overly complicated and extremely difficult method that no one with a certain level of intelligence could ever hope to possibly approach. A 13 course meal over two days is a first for me to hear about so I'd like to see that.
This all ends up as just another anti SN thread while ignoring the facts/evidence...
We've already had a lot of those at this point. Maybe not outright Anti-SN but rather a lot of misinformation and confusion.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos, blue_muse, betternever2havbeen and 3 others