• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
So lately I have been in a weird stage in my life to where my former reserved self that never used to have deep discussions with people because I wouldn't know how to handle it has started to open up. Leaving my exposed to having to deal with oversharing and I know I don't want to burden other people by sharing and to a "normal" person once they hear me talk a bit I just feel like they look at me different or are scared of me or something.
Idk...
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with possibly oversharing or sharing in general and how others reacted?

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Oh, I relate to this. Over sharing is what I do best when I'm anxious... or around other people... ugh. It leaves me feeling vulnerable & often deters me from speaking.

Hats off to you for being able to open up more. Maybe with a little practice, it might be easier for you. Wishing you the best.

Last edited:
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah...I could never talk to my old acquaintances or "friends" from high school the way I talk about my feelings on here.
That would 100 percent change the way the see me (just a normal albeit reserved person).
But those are just acquaintances I converse about once a month with.

I think it's important to find real and true friends you can share everything with and you will find out that to those people you won't ever be a burden or ever say "too much".
Just keep looking in different places for them (here or other forums for instance).

abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Oh, I relate to this. Over sharing is what I do best when I'm anxious... or around other people... ugh. It leaves me feeling vulnerable & often deters me from speaking.

Hats off to you for being able to open up more. Maybe with a little practice, it might be easier for you. Wishing you the best.
Yeah I get this but ive recently been going more towards the path of not talking because it saves me the hastle of dealing with the anxiety, even tho keeping it bottled up isnt the most healthy :/

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You are the master of whatever you don't say, and the slave of whatever comes out of your mouth. Rather say too little about yourself and seem slightly odd, than say too much and reveal the disgusting and horrific monster that is your soul. This whole "opening up" thing is a really bad idea. My experience.

ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
The boundaries of sharing too much vs too little is such a fine line to walk - I try to go for share too little and then if I'm in conversations with people, ask them open ended questions about themselves. People looooove talking about themselves and won't even notice if you give less of an answer than they do.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Yeah I get this but ive recently been going more towards the path of not talking because it saves me the hastle of dealing with the anxiety, even tho keeping it bottled up isnt the most healthy :/
Mhmm, it's a real struggle- especially with anxiety looming overhead. It sucks to alternate between being unable to share then oversharing once you do.

Reactions: Meditation guide