SpinsterHag

SpinsterHag

May 1, 2022
I was a Christian at a point, albeit very causal about it. Then, I became a deist. Now, I'm a full-blown materialist who doesn't believe in anything supernatural; basically, an atheist on hard mode. I guess I could thank the Logic 101 course I took in my undergrad for that. I will say, though, there was something comforting about believing in a higher power.
I can so relate to the last sentence in your comment.
In my heart no I don't.. but I still pray when I'm scared.. just not sure who I'm praying to..
I think we all do that..... It's like making a birthday wish!

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Why do you think this is a simulation?
Do you have any proof or ideas?

Respawn as in reincarnation?
The scientists say it is highly likelly that this world is a simulation by something more advanced than us.

Also, yoga and neuroscience and science show that the world is an illusion created by our senses. The only truth is (meditation/LSD/insert your choice of words here).

Having drunk ayahuasca, I think \God is a bit like wearing the Dalek helmet and suddenly seeing that there is no choice but to have both good and evil, and joy and suffering. That is the mystical meaning of the crucifixion. Otherwise we would all just be in a LSD/Ketamine state all the time.

Have you seen the pictures of the brain on LSD? I recommend a google! It's all lit up like a Christmas tree!
ps I lvoe religion and think that the nicer bits of God try and speak to us through religion. Which tries to give us kind morals, then humans are just disgusting animals anyway and keep making war and being greedy.

you have to feel sorry for God reallly.

Brianiskillingme

Brianiskillingme

Slowly Dying Inside
Jan 18, 2022
I was a devout Christian until my husband was taken from me. Ever since my life has been hell. I dont think there is a God, but he there is, he is cruel.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
chyme

chyme

churning, churning
Jun 5, 2022
When I was really young I was a Christian by default, I guess. I went to church, but I had a hard time understanding anything.
I just remember the paralyzing fear that I'd do something wrong to upset God and be sent to hell.
I'm sure it can be great for others, but letting go of faith was an immense relief for me.

Reactions: Un-
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no there is no god you'd have to be fool to create this shithole hellhole earth

We are the Gods Now - Jason Silva at Sydney Opera House

Last edited:
T

todestrieb

Dec 2, 2021
Logically, no, but functionally I fall into the blind faith herd and hope that maybe I'm wrong. I go to mass every week. I confess my sins. I kneel at the altar and beg the universe for an answer, but she never talks back.

Think of it as one big existential crisis, where you know there's no explanation, and you know the functional ending but the aftermath will forever be a mystery. That's some deep ocean bullshit, is what it is.

Reactions: Euthanza
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I do believe in God and Jesus and a bunch of that. I don't really have the bandwidth to get into why or what exactly my belief means at the moment. I'm embarrassed to be associated with Christianity because I feel they often do a bad job of representing God to the world, so whenever I express that I believe it's this awkward "yes, but I swear I'm not like that and I support abortion rights and lgbtq+, etc."

• Love
Reactions: whywere and Huntfish34
HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
I find it hard to believe that our universe, or universes, just exist, and they aren't programmed in some way - we seem to have proved already they contain rules, or a program, of some kind - we are still struggling to get to the very bottom of it, but there definitely is a program or set of rules that governs everything, and where did that come from?

Reactions: Shu
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
this is not a simulation created by some god, nature itself is mysteries i mean nothing is controlling the speed at which light travels rather it emerges all by itself, why make such a slow universe in the first place i mean if electronics traveling through a wire could hit speed light our computers would be many more time more powerful, it's a slow universe hence why it took 4 billion years of evloution to get to this point in time, there's more to the universe than a programmed simulation its the real deal that nobody can escape into death do us part

HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
this is not a simulation created by some god, nature itself is mysteries i mean nothing is controlling the speed at which light travels rather it emerges all by itself, why make such a slow universe in the first place i mean if electronics traveling through a wire could hit speed light our computers would be many more time more powerful, it's a slow universe hence why it took 4 billion years of evloution to get to this point in time, there's more to the universe than a programmed simulation its the real deal that nobody can escape into death do us part
the evolution is quite possibly the point - the aim is to see what happens - see what each universe makes of itself, under the rules that govern it - there are probably many universes, billions, and they're all competing in the same way that life competes on this planet - the will to power, the rat race, is the most important thing there is - the most important motivator that governs everything, from life beginning on planets, to intelligent life transcending the universe in order to use resources from another - probably, maybe, quite possibly!

AprilieJalnic

AprilieJalnic

Mar 5, 2022
Yes, but not the way you would think. Search "demiurge" on youtube or r/escapingprisonplanet on reddit.

God is completely something else that you would think and praying is a really bad way of coping.

Life could be a series of experiences happening for the purpose of higher things. Reincarnation is real.

And i belive there are multiple "Gods", many good and bad.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I've always been surrounded by Christians but never been one myself. The only 'god' on this Earth seems to be is humanity itself, and its a twisted, cruel, selfish and hypocritical one. Nothing can explain why the good and innocent continue to suffer other than we do it to ourselves. If I die, I hope I go the same way I feel, as an anti-humanity martyr, and I hope my death reduces suffering of others. So yeah, long way of saying I'm an atheist.