EntomologicalCat

EntomologicalCat

Loss is the worst!
May 9, 2023
I have been a Vocaloid fan since I was 8, nearly 10 years now.

I was introduced to it after watching the Youtube video "kids react to Hatsune Miku".

I don't really know any other die-hard veteran vocaloid fans. Most that I met are casual listeners who were introduced by Tiktok.

My favorite vocaloid is Utatane Piko or Gakupo, and my favorite Vocaloid song is either Record Red or Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl.

whats your favorite vocaloid/vocaloid song?

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog, psp3000, madoka and 2 others
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I am a fan, but I mostly listen to my playlist of favorites anymore. Vocaloid producers have increasingly been pumping out generic music that sounds too identical to songs I've already heard. These last few years, I've had trouble finding songs that are creative from start to finish.

I've listened to it so much that I can recognize when a producer needs to increase the duration of the song or when they need to slow down the tune to insert the song title.

I still find the occasional song or two I like. It's just becoming more scarce. I used to add handfuls of songs to my playlists every year; now it's only 5 at most a year.

Here's some of my favorites though:

Was hard to chooseā€¦(I have many I enjoy) but I tried to narrow it down to three.

Reactions: EntomologicalCat and FormerlyFe(IV)
whs

whs

The sunset is beautiful, isn't it
Jun 25, 2023
I used to be absolutely obsessed with it and still sort of am but a lot less so since I was being judged by people close who hadn't seen that side of me I guess. But honestly I'm in love with the creativity of some producers and many songs have been a great comfort to me in my darkest places.

I wanted to get into vocaloid when I saw how popular hatsune miku was to cosplay online and I was going through a cosplayer phase for a while. I wanted to try find it but thought it was a kind of anime which is funny to me but I watched a yt video explaining it called an (un)helpful guide to vocaloid.

I adore sasakure.uk, guchiry and kikuo since they cover dark topics with an uplifting arrangement :)

Reactions: EntomologicalCat and Message In A Bottle
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I... Think they're stupid lol

I don't get the appeal of a high-pitched glorified text-to-speech program that aings saccharine things and has an anime girl associated to it.

madoka

madoka

even angels get sad
Mar 12, 2023
ohoh i love vocaloid so much ! i really like kagamine rin, megurine luka, MAYU, and hatsune miku. UTAU's i like are kasane teto and sukone tei!
my favourite producers are kikuo, MARETU, kairiki bear, and nekomanma! i listen to quite a lot of vocaloid, like my R, demodemo datte, dokusite chodai, kyutona kanojo, darling dance, etc ..

i recently bought hatsune miku: project diva x .. so i have more vocaloid content since i have been obsessed with it right now-
i was first introdusted when i was young, i don't remember when but it was the time Daughter of Evil was very popular. which i think then was the start of obsession of kagamine rin since i wanted to be her (cute and bubbly/energetic)

edit: aaaah i was trying to remember the name of "Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl" ! i wanted to listen to it again, so thank you pfft

Reactions: EntomologicalCat, whs and Message In A Bottle
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I was a big fan in elementary and middle school and even bought some of the collectable cards

now I don't care for them anymore

my favourite songs were Party Junkie, Triple Baka, Llevan Polka, Bacterial Contamination, Popipo, and Matyroskha

edit: also my favourite characters were Gumi, Saito, and the one with grey hair and glasses with purple accents I can't remember her name

Last edited:
Reactions: EntomologicalCat
KrowaKovsky

KrowaKovsky

i dunno what to put here
Feb 22, 2023
I've been a vocaloid fan on and off for about 10 years I'd say? Still loving my favourites and always returning to them, but just sort of forgetting vocaloid exists and then returning after a few months.

I was introduced by getting the JubyPhonic english cover for Rolling Girl and decided to listen to the original and loved it.

My favourites are Gumi and Miku, but Teto and Oliver always have a place in my heart.

It's really hard for me to choose a fav, I can only ever narrow it to 2 - 3:

Machigerita-P | Disruptive Diva

PinocchioP | Common World Domination

toa | Patchwork Staccato

edit: i completely forgot about Regret Message, it's def up there too

Last edited:
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
I've been a fan since I was around 5! Found it through Story of Evil videos on YouTube. Particularly Servant and Daughter of Evil.

AriasRed

AriasRed

Jul 6, 2023
I'm not a big fan, but I do enjoy some Vocaloid songs. They usually fall into the horror/drama kinds of songs though. I'm an edgelord like that.

Awake47

Awake47

Jul 9, 2023
I'm not too deep into Vocaloid but I used to play one of the games on PS3 & always wanted a matryoshka hoodie back in highschool.

Kyanko

Kyanko

One more night!!!
Jul 15, 2023
Yess!!!! i listen to vocaloid all the time!! mostly because my music taste hasnt changed since middle school but still!!
i wouldn't be able to choose a favorite song but my top 3 vocaloid-p's are Kikuo, Iyowa, and Abuse-ken but i also like harufuri!! my favorite strictly vocaloid (not UTAU, fanloid, or CeVio) characters would probably be Yuzuki Yukari, Kizuna Akari, Kaito, Kagamine Len, and Kotonoha Aoi & Akane!!!

Last edited:
synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
AHHHH I LOVE VOCALOID WITH KIKUO BEING MY FAVORITE PRODUCER!! RAAAAAAAAAA VY2 AND I LOVE GAKUPOOOO!

• Love
Reactions: bedhead_baby
Toji

Toji

waste away with me
Mar 24, 2023
i'm not all that into vocaloid but an artist i love is Siinamota

this being my absolute favourite

i'd love some recommendations similar to this song though ^^

yaldabaoth

yaldabaoth

she/they
Jun 29, 2023
i loooove anything by Utsu-P. theyre vocaloid metal and they tickle my brain sm :3

bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I'm more into Utaus, Ritsu and Yokune Ruko's male vb are my favorites. Gakupo and V Flower are probably my favorite Vocaloids.

Kyaami and Rev are some of my favorite producers. Though this Deco*27 song has me in a chokehold, and I'm not a huge Miku fan (her voice at least, love her as a character)

I also adore this song that's on the complete
opposite spectrum and much more my style.

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I have listened to Vocaloid on and off since I was a kid.
Recently I've quite enjoyed this song. I originally found it in a music video based on a game I enjoy.