• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Unfortunately, due to the nature of my teeth, I do suffer from a speech impediment that impacts me quite a bit. Particularly, my two bottom teeth and the way they're situated makes it challenging to pronounce and enunciate certain words and sounds. It's a very frustrating and, quite frankly, humiliating problem to deal with. People hear you speak in a certain way and they think you're an idiot. I've tried to remedy this by speaking more from my side teeth but that only works to a certain point. Anyone else deal with this issue?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i'm starting to develop it through lack of... well talking to people. my penmanship has gone to shit as well. have not had to write much at all so i can't even sign my name in a recognizable way. i certainly can't sign my name on that stupid digital pad after purchasing anything on my credit card. i just draw a crooked line.

traintracks.mp3

traintracks.mp3

it wears me out
Mar 4, 2024
I do not suffer from a speech impediment, though my manner of speaking is strange and does not go unnoticed. I speak in a flat tone, with a robotic rhythm, and as shown by how I type, I choose odd words in order to articulate myself. People often point this out and it is quite embarrassing. I feel for your situation, though mine is not the same. I believe people should mind their own when it comes to how people talk and communicate.

aWeeBitTired

aWeeBitTired

I don't know anything.
Feb 25, 2024
I do! When I was younger I was non-verbal and had to deal with rhotacism, but now into my adulthood it has subsided mostly.

I was made fun of a lot for it too. Even now I get picked on and it's usually in good faith, but it picks at a rooted trauma I don't think a lot people properly understand.

The thing with rhotacism is that it's literally baby-talk, so it's incredibly embarrassing. My entire childhood is filled with me being petrified to speak to others because of this. Not fun.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I suffer from the fear of being ridiculous when I speak. Meaning my facial expression. My "parents" humiliated my so much, they did a proper job :aw:.

Have you thought of going to speech and language therapist? He could help you and if not he can help you find other solutions. Good luck 🍀

• Hugs
Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
Yes, many many times, people tell me to speak up when I feel like I'm screaming. I also stutter a lot and look insecure according to people which only makes me more self councious.

I spend too much time thinking before I answer people which causes them to answer for me and basically talk to themselves...

My voice is too soft, too monotone, and my speech too slow... This causes me to only answer yes or no or avoid any interaction because people aren't patient enough.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I stutter a lot when I'm drunk or recently drunk or when I'm mentally exhausted in general.

Even without any speech impediment, my voice itself manages to throw people off. Imagine Morty from Rick and Morty but made to sound even more annoying and shrill.

FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
I had a bad one as a kid. I was put into speech therapy by my school and got it eventually corrected. It still comes out every now and then tho.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I lisp. Could never be bothered to fix it.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I suffer from the fear of being ridiculous when I speak. Meaning my facial expression. My "parents" humiliated my so much, they did a proper job :aw:.

Have you thought of going to speech and language therapist? He could help you and if not he can help you find other solutions. Good luck 🍀
I've definitely considered speech therapy but I'm not sure if I want to cough up the money for it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meteora
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Do you have an overbite or like jaw issues?
It's a bit complicated to explain fully. I had cancer as an infant and underwent a lot of chemotherapy. The chemo caused deformities in my teeth that made them more cone shaped compared to how they would typically look. It's also contributed to other dental problems like periodontitis that's also caused a lot of negative effects.

iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
I have one and it's one of the reasons i lie awake wanted to die at night lol, countless interactions in my head of saying something that just comes out absolutely retarded and knowing everyone else in the room heard it. Its unbearable. also, i love that nailbomb album lol

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
It's a bit complicated to explain fully. I had cancer as an infant and underwent a lot of chemotherapy. The chemo caused deformities in my teeth that made them more cone shaped compared to how they would typically look. It's also contributed to other dental problems like periodontitis that's also caused a lot of negative effects.
Hm but isnt there an inssurance that pays for therapy if all these problems stem from cancer/chemo?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I have one and it's one of the reasons i lie awake wanted to die at night lol, countless interactions in my head of saying something that just comes out absolutely retarded and knowing everyone else in the room heard it. Its unbearable. also, i love that nailbomb album lol
Yeah, I definitely get what you mean about sounding dumb. I also have a habit of word vomiting every once in a while as well. Also yeah, Point Blank is an awesome album!

• Love
Reactions: iamalreadydead
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I guess I have a nice voice, but sometimes (very infrequently) I stutter due to anxiety. I had to go to a speech language therapist when I was young to learn to talk though, I was a late talker.