mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
My parents aren't elderly but I have two siblings so I guess they will take care of them when they're old.

Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Honestly, I don't want to. I don't feel it's my obligation to do so.

I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
She'll be fine. She can do everything herself. She's 65. I'm more dependent on her than she is on me.
And when she gets older. I've have older siblings, who will take care of her

V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Not really. They decide on their own how they want to live it. It shouldnt matter whether I exist in the first place or not. Unless they only see me as their tool or insurance. Which is not something I want to be in the first place. Live and one day you will die. Death is already part of the deal. Whether you accept it or not. People around you and you will die. You decide to live then you must also bear its consequences.

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Themselves.

Harsh I know but its life. It waits for no one and cares for no one.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
Slenderman

Slenderman

Jimmy Smith
Jun 9, 2019
Not at all, honestly. If I was a parent (which I would never be, even if I was straight or had money for adoption, cause it's selfish to bring innocent souls into this disgusting reality and then have expectations from them IMO), I wouldn't once expect my child to take care of me and wipe my ass once I'm old. I'd even feel incredibly guilty if they felt it's their responsibility. Cause it's not. Children don't choose their family, they can walk away and never look back if they want and no one should shame them for it.
My mom can go fuck herself. I think there will be at least one of my brothers to take care of her, but I don't give a fuck. After my youngest sister was born she started being very abusive so I certainly hope she's smart enough to go far far away from here once she's 18. You didn't care about us we don't care about you, it's just how it goes.

F

Fish Face

Student
Apr 19, 2019
No, because my problems would be solved if they let me come home but they just don't listen. I have a lot of equity in the house I own and could release it. They just think mental health services would help me although they destroyed my life when I was a teenager and tablets just don't work for me and my case worker doesn't even contact me ever. They are just desperate to get rid of you. My selfish sister won't help them. They acknowledge she is selfish themselves. I have actually told them that I would help them in old age and i could help them out financially as well if I came home. Although I have no income I have equity in the house. They told me they would kill themselves before they got too old to cope but they are now each 72, mum 73 tomorrow and never looked after themselves. They drank and smoked so much and as much as my mum nags me over not eating she eats less than I do and never anything healthy. I only live for my best friend/boyfriend now, only friend but he has depression as well and has been sectioned in the past, been suicidal, stabbed himself but not as bad as me at the present time. He was depressed when we met each other but much better now apart from worrying about me. I am destroying his life and he does not deserve it. He would kill himself if I died but I resent him for keeping me alive. I just cannot do this to him. He loves me so, so much. I actually wrote a will in his favour not that long ago when I was planning to CBT. I have known him since 2006 and he has been much more supportive than my parents have been. My parents wouldn't even let me in their house for two days to sober up and get my life on track although I was nearly sectioned. That was weeks ago when i went to the hospital and walked out. I have had the police and ambulance out so many times since then. I have been reported in the local newspaper. I learnt drinking from them but they deny they would be in the pub until 3.00 am every day in lock-ins and then go to work. My mother was even warned by her bosses not to be in the pub so much as it was detrimental to the company she worked for because of the reputation she had. She denies this as well as denying they drink everyday. They will not even return my calls some days nor reply to texts and emails. I just feel they hate me as much as they love me. They did not look after me at all. It is only since they have been retired that they do anything at all for me and that's basically just ringing the mental health team and they will not help me. When I rang the Crisis Line back in October last year they told me to go for a walk and get a lasagne. I was suicidal then and I told them that.