Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Uncertain

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am a longterm member. There is one major change that I might noticed. I have the feeling but I don't have evidence that there are less incels and more trans people on here. But maybe there are only differences how vocal these groups are.
I find it good that there is more sensivity towards trans people. I was sceptical about incels. I read a lot about them however I barely had interactions with them. Personally I appreciate the current atmosphere more than in the past (in this instance)

I am not sure which impact the recovery sub-forum had. There are not extremely many posts but several threads with more than 50k views. I have the feeling most people leave this place if they want to recovery in the longrun. Personally I am pretty stuck. I try recovery but my chances to recover are pretty low. When college starts my life quality will be way worse. I will need to vent a lot.

I am not sure whether the age structure has changed.
I don't know whether there are more or less political fringe groups and views.
I don't know whether the views of what pro-choice means have changed? I welcomed the recovery forum because pro-choice means for me making an informed decision listening to different opinions and perspective about life.

Reactions: 4am, fwompie, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel like- since the Tantacrul video, there are a lot more young members. Ironic really.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Skathon, Wisdom3_1-9 and 3 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Considering what has happened recently, I think the demographics might've changed. Drastically, even. I haven't been a member here for very long but heres my take on this:

The demographics used to be more balanced, I think. But of course with the youtubers creating videos and even not setting them as age restricted videos, many younger people came here and I'm sure a fair share of minors also found this place as well, although that wasn't the goal of those youtubers and I doubt they care that they led people here anyways. They just want to better their public image.

The only way to know for sure, though, if the demographics of this forum changed is if everyone was more open about their age and maybe their reasons as to why they came here, their perspective on life, etc. it would tell a lot.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and WAITING TO DIE
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
I feel like there is typically a loud minority of users on this site who account for the majority of posts and content; the vast majority of users simply don't post but lurk. So, the general vibe of the site changes when a certain small group of regulars stops posting and new regulars take up the mantle. This site has certainly received more exposure over the years, so there's that. When it comes to younger people, I joined this site a few years ago and I'm young and I encountered many young people. I was under the assumption that this site has always and will always be comprised primarily of younger individuals (18-20s).

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
This is my third account since 2020.
I think there are a lot more younger people on the forum now than back in 2020.
I also think that the community was a lot more active.
The community today seems somewhat quieter somehow.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Some relevant demographic polls from this year:

On incel beliefs:

Less relevant demographic polls:

I don't know what it was like before but currently it would seem there aren't a lot of incels on here, while there are a fair amount of trans people.

• Informative
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9 and noname223
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I feel it is much younger crowd nowadays.

Reactions: Skathon
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Ah, demographic as in people, I thought as in political demographic, whether site is becoming more pro life or pro choice. Either way, my answer remains the same, I personally do not feel a change. Whether that be I'm on here less or I don't pay attention.

Addition: looking at the poles, although straight/cisgender people are still the majority vote, it's much less than what I expected. Would be interesting to see it compared to statisics from somewhere with very accepting LGBT legislations and people. (Ex. Canada) See if it affirms that LGBT ppl are more likely to feel suicidal because society is a piece of shit.

Last edited: