Minu

Minu

Dec 21, 2023
trying to cry and not being able to always makes me feel like my emotions arent real and i am just trying to fake it.

• Love
Reactions: LunarLynx
RealitySurf

RealitySurf

Aug 21, 2023
I can cry any time.
No matter what I'm doing, I cried one time at work, and it was fucking pathetic, when I'm with my friends too, I cry a lot, I can't control it and I hate it, I hate being so fucking fragile

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Twntysix, Hardcore_Henry and LunarLynx
LunarLynx

LunarLynx

Just a lost spirit searching freedom
Dec 18, 2023
trying to cry and not being able to always makes me feel like my emotions arent real and i am just trying to fake it.
I understand you so much on this, it's like everything you feel is fake, and your brain know it and don't let you cry, however in your heart you feel it sooo much..

• Love
Reactions: Minu
Freimann

Freimann

Dec 23, 2023
I managed to cry while venting to some strangers on the Walkie Talkie app. Hadn't cried in months. I just feel like I need to cry, but they just won't come out.

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
It may look like a weird question but, I think the last time I cried was 5 to 6 years ago. Sometimes I feel like I would need to cry, I WANT to cry. But I can't.
Do some people are in the same situation ? If yes, what made you change ? if you still can't cry, how can you remove the "will" to cry, how to bypass it ?
Every day of every week, of every month of every year. I wish I had no tears left.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, Twntysix and LunarLynx
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
I have only seen my dad cry twice. Once when his father died, and once again when his mother died. I think he cried harder when his mother died, because they were both gone at that point.

I am different than him. I cry when I see old people sitting alone. I cry whenever I read a good poem. I cry when ice cream tastes really good. I think sadness and happiness are two sides of the same coin. You can not cry if you do not care. Sometimes depression is caring too much about everything. Sometimes it's not caring at all. Both are horrible.

But I can still see beauty in sadness and happiness alike. I feel lucky to be in this position, even though I am miserable most of the time.

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise and LunarLynx
nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

🌌 Pernicious Nightbringer 🌌
Dec 7, 2023
I cry way too much, it's kind of a curse.
It sounds like luxury when you don't really cry, but I'd argue it's just as bad. It's embarrassing, it makes you feel exhausted and physically ill, and it's even kind of painful.
I wish I'd cry an average amount or at the very least could handle my emotions without crying as much as I normally do. I'm getting a headache just thinking of crying.

• Love
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I'm not an easy crier but just thinking about how psych drugs and psychiatrists have destroyed my life + thinking about the harm my death would put on my beloved mom = easy crying

• Love
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
@Forever Sleep, we're almost exactly in the same boat.

Since 2021 I've become so emotional I've been crying almost every day, multiple times a day, except when I was on vacation somewhere far from here.
In the last few weeks the urge has somewhat been subsiding, probably because I no more fight against my suicidal ideation, I just accepted it.
The maxim "Boys don't cry" doesn't apply to me anymore - not only I do cry, but I'm not even a boy anymore

• Love
Reactions: LunarLynx and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
@Forever Sleep, we're almost exactly in the same boat.

Since 2021 I've become so emotional I've been crying almost every day, multiple times a day, except when I was on vacation somewhere far from here.
In the last few weeks the urge has somewhat been subsiding, probably because I no more fight against my suicidal ideation, I just accepted it.
The maxim "Boys don't cry" doesn't apply to me anymore - not only I do cry, but I'm not even a boy anymore

I think it's so important for everyone- especially men to show their emotions. I don't think it does any good to bottle it all up. I'm so sorry you struggle too. It can be so hard to control. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise, Redacted24 and LunarLynx
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Same as you, I haven't cried for a while. Like tears down your face cry. The most i could muster is my eyes get wet, but it's come to the point that after a few blinks it's gone.
There are times when even in the depths of the feeling of despair, I cant cry. I'm a bit worried that it may mean i'm psychologically too removed from the event, or that the triggers for it cant be activated anymore, but generally i dont think it's a bad thing (for me anyways)

• Love
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
I cant remember a day when i havent cried at least few times

• Love
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice, Pg.964, Hardcore_Henry and 1 other person
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
All the time man, its liberating as hell. sounds weird i know.

• Love
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
I'd like to but nothing. I find that while watching movies I can... that usually means I'm on a plane and hopefully my neighbors are sleeping so they don't see.

• Love
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I used to not cry very often years ago because I'd bottle it up and wait until it caused a breakdown. But nowadays my illnesses have intensified so much that I'm in horrible pain everyday so now I cry more often. Whenever I want to make myself cry I just open up my mental box of traumas that I keep in the back of my mind.

• Love
LonelyFerret

LonelyFerret

Oct 9, 2023
I cried for the first time in a long time yesterday after my ferret passed away in her sleep. Other than that though, it's probably been a good 6 months or so.

• Aww..
worstgirl7716

worstgirl7716

"I'll roll along today."
Dec 2, 2023
I think if anything, I cry more. I was so numb for most of my life holding myself back, and I guess now im just so broken down that i cry at anything

• Aww..
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I wish I could cry but I hardly ever do, 99% of the time I suffer and suffer even more especially because I fail to cry. Only 4 were the times in my life I can remember myself crying, but on a daily pain: nothing. Sigh...

• Love
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I think it's so important for everyone- especially men to show their emotions. I don't think it does any good to bottle it all up. I'm so sorry you struggle too. It can be so hard to control. 🤗
Thank you for your understanding. Yes, crying is a way to let the pain out, at least momentarily.
There have been times when I almost litteraly cried myself to sleep. So exhausting but sometimes necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LunarLynx
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Not a lot anymore, but I still have days I feel very emotional

• Love
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
Last time was about half a year ago

• Love
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Yes, for the people i will leave behind. They don't deserve it.

• Love
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
Don't think I've ever cried since childhood. Not crying is not some toxic masculinity thing society wants to paint it as, it's just a physiological feature some of us have.

• Love
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I can only cry after an attempt. I still tear up though. Its probably for the best, since trying to force out tears gives me a headache

• Love
F

FloodedForest

Nov 4, 2023
I can't fully remember the circumstances but I've apparently cried twice in the 14 years of being with my partner. Sad thing about it, is I don't feel like I could cry even if I wanted to. Even for those closest to me.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I can't even be around people cause I cry so easy

• Love
Reactions: Onomatopoeia
cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
I can not cry anymore since I'm medicated, and it fucking sucks, the meds don't make me feel better, they just let all the shit accumulate and accumulate inside me, so I feel like I'm being starved of air and suffocated from the inside. yeah, wish i were dead.

Reactions: divinemistress36
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I often feel the need to cry but i simply cant physically do it. Its almost like something is stopping from me doing it right at the moment its going start. It's awful, its like a never ending pressure in my upper body that never vent

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
When my meds are working I never see a point in crying, even when I make myself upset I can only get upset but not cry.

When my meds are in a slump, I could cry at the drop of a hat and easily sob for hours in a doom spiral if I think about what really upsets me. Even before my depression/anxiety kicked into overdrive, I could still cry very easily if I thought of the right topic, and I could cry very easily at movies/books/sad irl stories. But with the depression/anxiety it is 1000x worse and I can break down at my work desk or in front of others if I'm not careful.

Unfortunately I never feel any emotional relief from crying ("a good cry"). Just makes me feel worse. If I could, I would feel nothing.

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
I cry almost all of my waking hours. I'm crying now because I read this question about crying. Like @divinemistress36 said, I cannot even be out in public because if I see anything that reminds me of my husband, I will cry, whether it's his favorite candy (those little unwrapped Starbursts), hear our songs we loved together, etc. And if I see police, I instantly cry out of fear and anxiety. I couldn't live anymore in this world even if I wanted to.

• Hugs
Reactions: cetacea and divinemistress36