• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do you resent your parents for having you?

• Yes.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • No.

Votes: 83 41.3%

• Total voters
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
Yes I do.
I didn't ask to be brought into this evil, nightmarish world filled with evil, immoral psychopaths and where you are in a never ending struggle to survive and have to earn money to survive.

They were nearly 40 when they had me.
They knew very well this world is a horrible place filled with: evil, immoral people - murderes, rapists, terorrists, criminals - organized and non organized, tyrnats, pimps and the list goes on and on.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Venessolotic, SoulCage and 17 others
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I don't because my mom didn't mean to bring me into this world. My real dad got her pregnant on accident and dipped. Still knocking up other women and ditching them to this day, my mom has proof. So I probably have some half brothers or sisters out there...

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly despise how I was burdened with the ability to exist in this harmful and disgusting world when previously I was at peace, I was unaware, more than anything I wish I never existed as to never exist means to never suffer, one cannot be harmed by not existing.

But my feelings of hatred are directed towards existence overall rather than parents exactly, as I don't have any problem with my parents apart from what I described above. I wish they had awareness though as it would had prevented this dreadful and meaningless existence.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and Immensevoid
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No I do not resent my parents for conceiving me, but I do (partially) resent being born into this current era of humanity... why? I have an optimistic outlook for the future, because I believe with technological advancement, and the right changes in behavior and/or culture, humanity could create a much better world for itself - a kinder, and more peaceful world; the issue with this, is that I think realistically it will not happen in our lifetime - no where near, and this is why I am partly resentful for being born at the time I was: because I am really unhappy that I will not be able to experience this (potential) future - especially the possibility of interstellar space travel.

...This all hinges on the idea that the path for our species is a brighter one though. The far future might not turn out to be as positive as I like to think.

Reactions: sserafim, Anhedonico, ChronicallyCynical and 2 others
Average Enthusiast

Average Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2023
I don't resent my parents at all, nor do I resent life. I despise the unfairness of life. Ik that might seem childish to say but it just feels like sometimes the good in a life is overshadowed by the bad. And whenever ur down, life just keeps on kicking u until you either fight back or cave in. And everytime you get knocked down, the harder it is to fight back. I love and respect my parents alot but they're far from perfect. They're from an older generation so talking to them about "feelings" is like talking to a brick wall. I resent their bringing up and their culture, not them. I more so resent myself for having dark thoughts as I feel like I'm selfish to not want the life I have, but idk. Sorry for yapping 💀

Reactions: sserafim, GreenTree, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person
ZedZeo

ZedZeo

I have no mouth, and I must scream
Sep 10, 2023
Very much. They both had kids they didn't want. Why not abort us then abuse us for years?

What's the point of parents having kids just to abuse them?

• Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, SoulCage, Andrew10 and 8 others
L

Lydia12

Sep 10, 2023
ohhhhh yes, hate my mom a bit more than my dad, she had a chance to abort me, she doesn't want me and she is annoyed what has become of me

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and ChronicallyCynical
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
I don't resent my parents for getting together or doing the devil's tango.

However, mom was young when she had me, not even 25. I think this was reckless, I wish she would've waited to see if she could truly give all the necessary things to her child. Maybe volunteered to help others raise their children first, to see if the raising part was really her thing. I know she'd play with kids, babysit kids, and help out at a nursery, but those aren't the same thing as having a child that is around you 24/7, or is predominantly dependent on you. Those spend maybe 1-4 hours with you a day, and certainly not every day.

As per my dad, I think he ought to have considered getting with someone older. There were 8 years between them -- not what I'd consider predatory since they were both over eighteen, but not the best either (and my mother's history didn't help... she had her issues before dad appeared in her life) --, and towards the end of their relationship especially, communication faltered. I think she might have idolised him, I think I might have too -- though differently, obviously -- I think she might have depended on him a little too much, and they ultimately didn't quite share enough of the same life goals to remain together. As a result, they brought two children into the world, then split, leaving one parent dealing with most of the responsibility of dealing with them at their most volatile (during teenagehood), with little understanding (despite having been a teenager themselves) of the different situations and not quite able to move on, I don't think.

Besides this meaning that my early childhood was limited by the immaturity of the parents - which alone wouldn't be a problem, as it's not like people are born parents -, my adolescence was limited by the absence of parent(s), and the lack of understanding from whichever was around, and my view on relationships was further soured by not only the break up of my parents but the divorces and breakups of basically all their friends. The only couple I remember not breaking up ended with the woman (and mother) dying. Personally, I think it's fucked how basically every couple I knew ended up breaking up, but it's even more fucked that some couples that really shouldn't stay together do, despite clearly being toxic to one another, or despite one member being an abuser.

If my bias against any human relations - platonic, romantic, or sexual - wasn't ruined by that, then I guess my "friendships" didn't help either. The lies, the going behind my back, the secrets, the hypocrisy, and the unwillingness to actually listen while expecting me to listen, as well as several other pretty discomforting behaviours just added to my distrust. Granted, I failed in various aspects too - I had my own secrets, and I too got envious or uncooperative, but I never blamed them for that in any argument we had, I only now finally get to vent on that. I can't imagine if I opened up to them about being suicidal they would show even a hint of understanding. Knowing they've called me dramatic before for venting, knowing they thought arguments between me and someone else silly, knowing they made up a whole metaphor for how secretive I was, knowing they would hate me if I ever got acknowledged for going above and over somewhere they didn't think of going above and over in, and knowing they have to drag third and fourth parties into every situation, I know at best I'd feel suffocated and at worst, I'd only be fuelled in my desire to ctb. But this isn't about them, it's about my parents. Which, to be fair, the same can apply to, more or less.

I wonder if my parents would call me spoiled for this too. I also don't think I want to find out.

And to clarify, I don't resent my parents. Just that they had me... and some aspects of how they raised me, and even then... I voted "yes", but it's more complicated than that. It's the recklessness with which they had me that I will be damned if I ever repeat. I refuse to have a biological child, I would - could - never be a good parent. I know this. I accept this. It's not like I particularly want children, either. Those have hurt me about as much as the adults in my life.

Reactions: sserafim and Average Enthusiast
howcanigo

howcanigo

another day without saying what i want to say?
Sep 9, 2023
i resent any abuse or mistreatment i was put through but i understand why people have children.

surely not all the people of this world are constantly or consistently miserable or evil. A great deal are moderately content to overall happy and/or generally good/great people. Even if I myself never have children, I think some people do figure that will be the outcome for their kids. i suppose it has a lot to do with how you're wired and treated and how you're treated because of how you're wired or what positions you were born into. I think my parents thought they would raise happy children. They raised at least one generally happy child. but we all got different experiences and brains.

Some people have children with literally no regard to their happiness or safety, either they just don't care and pop one out and just decide to wing it or they have ulterior motives and want to use their children. I wish people like that never had children, or at least someone much better equipped raised them.

Though, if I weren't born, I would have no idea about anything good or bad and that is a nice thought.

• Love
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, sserafim, Average Enthusiast and 1 other person
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
Very much. They both had kids they didn't want. Why not abort us then abuse us for years?

What's the point of parents having kids just to abuse them?
Sorry to hear that.
Hearing stories about child abuse always make me angry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim, ZedZeo and 1 other person
Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
Yes, they were both unstable, selfish, abusive alcoholics who failed miserably at being parents. I wish they never even met, they have caused so much damage to each other and myself. I went NC almost 3 years ago now and I don't regret it for a second.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Andrew10, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
The only reason you were born and I everyone was born . is because your parents believed that "life is good" . If they had believed like i do that " life is bad" then no one would have been born that suffered .

It seems 99% of people believe life is good. Even on here imo most believe life is good. They think that only they had bad luck in their particular lives but that life is good in general. I think life is bad in general

The question is why would they believe that with a 40% lifetime chance of cancer all the oppression , injustice , pain, suffering , diseases, old age, struggles , lies, work , chores , scams, problems , evil in the world and life? I think I know but i'm not going to say it now tired.

Every single bit of pain , suffering , problems was caused because you , I ,etc were born . We were born because of the pervasive belief that "life is good" . so the pervasive belief that " life is good" has caused every bit of pain suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic, SoulCage, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I resent them for the abuse and mistreatment. The neglect, abandonment, mental and physical abuse. They're both self righteous, sanctimonious assholes who both think they deserve the Ward and June Cleaver parent of the century award.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, HuffThePuff, sserafim and 1 other person
kiiyaa

kiiyaa

huh?
Sep 10, 2023
i don't resent my parents, i just resent their way of "parenting". they have their beliefs and i'm glad they're sticking to them. i guess a part of their beliefs was bringing me into this world.

i don't resent them, i resent the world. they were misguided by the world and as a result, their parenting methods were misguided as well.

Reactions: BrainShower
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I do love my parents, but...
Every human being does experience suffering sooner or later (especially before death). And I'm against any kind of pain or suffering.
So I blame all the parents who have kids :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, divinemistress36, sserafim and 1 other person
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
The only reason you were born and I everyone was born . is because your parents believed that "life is good" . If they had believed like i do that " life is bad" then no one would have been born that suffered .

It seems 99% of people believe life is good. Even on here imo most believe life is good. They think that only they had bad luck in their particular lives but that life is good in general. I think life is bad in general

The question is why would they believe that with a 40% lifetime chance of cancer all the oppression , injustice , pain, suffering , diseases, old age, struggles , problems , evil in the world and life? I think I know but i'm not going to say it now tired.

Every single bit of pain , suffering , problems was caused because you , I ,etc were born . We were born because of the pervasive belief that "life is good" . so the pervasive belief that " life is good" has caused every bit of pain suffering.
I agree with you 100%.
Do you think this "life is good" belief is because of religion?.
I think it is.
Pretty much all religons say that and some (the monotheistic ones encourage people to procreate).

Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i've had a decent life but seeing as it is so hard to leave it = there is resentment. i wasn't particularly loved but wasn't really abused. so 50/50

Reactions: sserafim
MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
For me it's really complicated, I was the result of betrayal... so I could say yes. It sucks growing up knowing that my biological mother cheated on her husband with my biological father.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic
T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
No, i don't. They didn't want specifically me to be born, it's just a blind chance that made me as a spermatozoid to win the race. I think if it was up to them - they wouldn't chose me

vaspertine

vaspertine

Nov 22, 2022
I resent my parents for having children they couldn't look after. I understand that they were of a different time; that having children was expected of them, but I don't think they ever had a conversation about what they were going to do when they suddenly had living beings that they were responsible for. I think if I had had a better childhood and came from a loving family, things wouldn't be as bad as they are now.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, sserafim and kermudgeon
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I resent life but not exactly my parents. I think they did it with the best of intentions. I just wish they hadn't.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles and sserafim
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
I have a ton of thing that i could say about my parents but i wouldn't resent them for that reason.
It's a natural things, especially when you're young, loving, and thinking you gonna have that perfect life.
It's just that all went not according to plan, shit happens, and that's it.

Reactions: GuylumBardot and sserafim
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
not long ago people would just have kids to help with their work (slavery). imagrants in the u.s. would have kids just to help work their fields. in china, when the 1 child law was in effect, some would abort? daughters because males would help with their work. that is human life. i'm sure it's worse elsewhere.

Reactions: Venessolotic and sserafim
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
The only reason why I resent them is because they were only 18 years old, not being willing or able to be lovable parents. The perfect foundation for child abuse and childhood trauma.

• Hugs
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Yes I do. They were already struggling before breeding me. Simply irresponsible, just like the majority of parents today. People should be wise and stop breeding. Following their natural instinct and societies/economic expectation is simply immoral.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Rogue Proxy and sserafim
F

Fractal

May 22, 2023
I mainly resent them for medical neglect.

• Hugs
Banan321

Banan321

Do it once, do it right!
Sep 19, 2023
Not at all, I hate myself more than anything

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Homo erectus
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
Sometimes. But then I feel really guilty about it, because they're such good people.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, Arachno and divinemistress36
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
1000% I do

I understand the logic where they didn't do it on purpose. They simply didn't know better

But at the same time, we live in a society where if someone accidentally bump into your shoulder on the street. Didn't say sorry. Maybe even stick their middle finger at you. This simple act alone will already leave you feel offended, like its some unnecessary inconvenience, when in reality it didn't cause you much problem at all

So when you compare it with the life-long burden that we are forced to endure, its difficult to just feel like its nothing

If I didn't pay rent, due to personal hardships out of my control, I will still get kicked out. If I didn't perform well enough in my job, despite having my own valid reasons, I would still get fired. If I caused some crime by accident, even deep down I didn't mean to do it, I'd still get thrown in jail

Its not like this world and society cares of my "good intentions" nor is patient or understanding towards me at all. So based on this, it also makes it difficult for me to forgive my parents

For example, lets say due to me being careless, I accidentally pushed your loved one down the bridge, and now he/ she died, or is paralyzed for life, but I really was just hoping to play and have fun, didn't know it would end up this serious. I don't think I would be easily forgiven

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Buildingsandcastles and sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I love my parents a lot but I can't help but sometimes resent them for giving birth to me. It would have been better for everyone if I had never been concieved.

• Love
Reactions: f1lth, Buildingsandcastles and sserafim