lifeeternal

lifeeternal

chilly
Jan 8, 2024
Apologies for promoting "hate" (xd) but I thought this might be appropriate. My mom cooks for me and leaves a few times a month (I'm 27), but I still ultimately despise her for not making an abortion (it's free in the Ukraine thanks to Lenin).

I have never been beaten, so I don't feel forced to "love" my parents.

My mom is still the only human I can talk to using my voice (albeit I have to speak in this Ukrainian language), so that's something, at least.
I resent them due to their age, I don't think it's fair they had a kid at the age they were at because back when I was a teenager they were already deteriorating, and it just feels like i'm not aloud to resent them or feel any hatred towards them due to their medical conditions. it really fucked up my life because my moms cancer forced her into the hospital after she had a series of strokes. Their hard to be around now because they're both just so depressed about life and where it got them, and I feel bad 1) because I feel like i'm not aloud to hate them because it's not their fault they're both terminally ill and 2) I mean i'm the same way, I hate living just as much as they do, who am I to judge them when I feel the exact same way? It just feels like they aren't just in feeling that way, they're both in love and happy and have lasted I don't even know how long. Idk this is long and rambling I just miss who they were before they got sick, and I resent that I wasn't aloud a REAL childhood, one that wasn't filled with ICU visits and cold hospital food.

J

jello

Curiosity killed the cat
Aug 30, 2021
I don't hate my parents, but I go through phases (almost everyday) where I deeply resent them. I know it's irrational of me, but I think a lot about how their behavior has affected my life. I do feel bad that they were cursed with having me with my array of emotional and physical issues. But unfortunately, their parenting style and struggles seem to have made things worse for me. I'm aware that they are not free agents, however, I don't think there is anything wrong with hating your parents or expressing your frustrations with them.

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
i wish i could, but they beat all emotions and feelings out of me. i do hate them as a conscious choice, rather than like a feeling.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I really resent them for conceiving me when they already had 2 kids. I was an unplanned pregnancy and they decided to go through having me just because. (pretty sure they were trying to save their failing Marriage) I won't lie and say that they are the worst of the worst as parents and did the best they could raising me and my siblings but I still feel that they both shouldn't have had kids, at the very least me.

IchijouRirika

IchijouRirika

Burial - Untrue
Dec 24, 2023
it's complicated, as much as they were neglectful to me, that I wanna ditch them, that they don't care about me and never had an ounce of respect for my person, I still can't seem to hate them, and at times the thought of ditching them is just, I don't know.

they are not a thought that hold me back from CTB since I don't think they'd even be sad or care if I did but, yeah.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't hate my parents. While I do have a few grievances with them, especially my mom (nothing big, just a few minor mishaps. I'm just being a bit over dramatic, lol) they tried their best but I just don't want to exist anymore. Sometimes I wished they were abusive careless assholes just because that would mean I wouldn't have to worry about them doing anything crazy that may end up regretting during that initial period of shock after I ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise and pole
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I love my parents a lot and I know they love me too, but for me that doesn't change the fact that I still feel like a massive burden to them, even if they don't feel that way themselves. I was born with a terrible, broken body and a mind that feels borderline insane at times, but I don't resent them for that. I'm sure they wished for me to be perfectly healthy but it is what it is. I would rather just die on my own terms than live with this constant physical and mental pain I'm in.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Hate no. Resent yes. And more then anything I'm just disappointed. I went from medical student to homeless after being a victim of crimes by the university, in less than two years. They have provided very very little help. How often do you get opportunities where you can show someone you care by helping both me and themselves. Instsad they just checked out mentally. To be honest I dont want anything to do with them. They've watched me suffer from a very long time. Instead of ameliorating things as much as they can. I've lost so much time in my life....

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer
PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
Extremely. I've gone on and on about what they've done so I won't bore you with the full story. To keep it short, I was abused, drugged, and tormented for my moms entire life and my dads been in jail for almost my entire life.

Luckily it doesn't sound like you've been abused but I can understand why you would hate them. I've thought loooong and hard about why anyone would want to bring a child into this world right now, so I can relate to you on that.

My biggest issue personally is, my parents were drug addicts. They could barely keep a roof over their heads or clothes on their backs and they still thought they should have a kid. Who in their right mind (though they obviously were not) would think that's a good environment to raise a kid?!

TLDR: I 100% agree with you and yes, I hate my parents as well.

N

nkdvvv

May 13, 2023
i love my mom, but i can't stop the underlying resentment i feel towards her for giving birth to me, and especially for not having an abortion.

notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
Not really. I dont hate them, but I strongly disagree with some of their decisions. I also dont exactly like their personalities, I guess.

Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
Yes, I hate them very much. If they weren't so selfish, I wouldn't have to suffer everyday.