• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
Nope doesn't really bother me. Its small talk that I've grown accustomed to responding to automatically. It's never really a serious question, its just like some sort of "advanced greeting" lol. Whatever the context its just people trying to be polite.

Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
depends on if its out of concern for my mental health or not. If it is I def just front with a "Yeah! I'm doin great! Havin a wonderful time"

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I don't mind it, they are just being polite.
What I hate is when people asking me "Are you sure?" afterwards when I have replied with something like "Great thanks, you?"

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Depends on the context.
Yup. I don't mind hearing it from a verified friend, but I do get suspicious hearing it from someone I haven't talked with in years. Especially if after that they start asking me for favors, or to listen to their problems. This question shows concern, that another person is interested, but it's not clear why that person is interested. It's like saying "two". The common response is clarification: "Two what?"

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
What would be a better way to great people that wouldn't require them to say they are fine when they may not be?

I've actually in the past replied with the truth and it didn't go over well.
It's so cruel to have to say you are fine when you aren't.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Yes. I don't like lying and people don't really want to hear problems when asking this question, even when it's asked by close family. Thus, I just say "fine" most times.

Reminds me of a quote I read, "half the people don't want to hear your problems, and the other half are glad you have them."

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't mind it at all but I usually don't have a real answer besides "alright" or "bad".

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I never say "how are you?" because I hate having to answer that myself. It also is so phony and shallow and makes me a little suspicious right away that the person is not trustworthy, to be asking a personal question and not expecting a real answer that is truthful. It sets up a dishonest interchange from the start.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I used to live in an environment with a shared kitchen. I came to dread going in there because someone would always ask, "How are you?" like they hadn't just seen me the day before. It was so mindless and felt intrusive, like I couldn't just go about my business in the space I lived in. If we hadn't seen each other in a few days, great, but every fucking day, over and over? I was the same as the day before, and if I wasn't, it would be obvious. It got to the point that I was unfriendly in response to the question rather than friendly as expected. Several of the women ended up complaining to the site manager that I was, for lack of a better word to describe it, bullying them.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
To differ the subject, and they will be more than happy to blab on about their life.
That's a great idea but what if you don't want to hear about their life? Generally people who say that are not people you know except need to talk to them about something mundane.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Do you mean random people asking, of friends that want the actual answer? Random people do it as a greeting. It's silly, but it's a social norm. If you mean people that want the actual answer is there a different way you would want people that do care to inquire about your status, or just prefer nobody to care?

Reactions: Lithium
laura fines

laura fines

Oct 4, 2020
... It is one of the things that make me feel a weird people
definitely, i have more stuff like that,
but absolutely, it is a question that i hate
i am not able to lie, so i can´t say: i´m fine... but it is horrible if you have to say the truth

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
In Russian, I think it's not considered rude to respond "normal", which loosely means "I'm the way I usually am. Nothing out of ordinary." That's how I usually respond.

ready 2 go

ready 2 go

done with life
Apr 16, 2020
No one actually cares. It's just a formality. How likely is it that someone actually wants to know how I am? And is willing to listen to me if I tell them anything other than "fine"

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
me too . Only ppl who really dont care ask this stupid awkward question
Ok AD, would it be better if i asked...hows your mom ?
Do you mean random people asking, of friends that want the actual answer? Random people do it as a greeting. It's silly, but it's a social norm. If you mean people that want the actual answer is there a different way you would want people that do care to inquire about your status, or just prefer nobody to care?
How are you rosey not seen you in ages?

Reactions: Ghost2211
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
It's not that if they really care, I can't believe such, so I really hate when people ask, now thinking about people at cashiers, they often feel obligated to ask such, it only gets on my nerves