Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I often fantasize about being void of emotion. In my opinion, my emotional intensity has erected the cause of my downfall (hence my signature). If I could just feel emotionless like that character from Star Trek, I figure everything would be alright with me. I am aware that if I could choose to be void of emotion, it would require me to eliminate all of my emotions, not just the painful ones. This means happiness and all other positive emotions also. I guess there is always a catch, but nonetheless, I think I'd be better off in this world/realm if I were totally emotionless, and purely 100% logical.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: come to dust, fatefulstillness, LADY007 and 2 others
D

DieAnotherDay

Jan 30, 2022
I watched star trek in the past and always wondered what it would be like being the character called Spok. No emotions of any kind. Just logical view points. I think it could be a bit boring looking at it. Problem is a lot of people already are void of emotions. That go about living not really caring what happens. I wonder what things would be like if money was removed from the equation?

Maybe I'm just being weak but I've never been the one to hurt other people just so I can gain an advantage.

If only we could find away to do away with all the bad side of human emotions and just keep the good side with logical thinking.

Don't know about you but I much prefer to see someone smile then someone's fist and the scary look of anger coming towards you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, Looooser, Death_of_a_Phynixx and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
No. I might as well be dead

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005 and Death_of_a_Phynixx
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Emotions can be very painful so I understand your feelings. To answer the question, I would say yes as I would like to get rid of the ability to be hurt and upset by life. I do believe that being completely emotionless would make life more bearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Death_of_a_Phynixx, Un- and demuic
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
Yes many times but only with the power of also being a logical and intelligent person. If that's not possible,then having no emotions is way worse than living with the most painful ones imho.

Reactions: JinZhin and Death_of_a_Phynixx
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Always. Emotions have caused me nothing but problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: JinZhin and Death_of_a_Phynixx
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I watched star trek in the past and always wondered what it would be like being the character called Spok. No emotions of any kind. Just logical view points. I think it could be a bit boring looking at it. Problem is a lot of people already are void of emotions. That go about living not really caring what happens. I wonder what things would be like if money was removed from the equation?

Maybe I'm just being weak but I've never been the one to hurt other people just so I can gain an advantage.

If only we could find away to do away with all the bad side of human emotions and just keep the good side with logical thinking.

Don't know about you but I much prefer to see someone smile then someone's fist and the scary look of anger coming towards you.
Thank you DieAnotherDay for your reply, I deeply appreciate it! I'm so glad you mentioned that guy's name from star trek, because for the life of me, I just could not remember his name! Yes, Spok! Also, you are not weak because you don't want to hurt people to gain an advantage! This is a trait of strength, self-discipline, and dignity beyond infinity, so be proud of yourself! You seem so genuine and kind and I can feel your sincerity through my laptop screen! Do me a favor and say cheese, because I would much prefer to see YOU smile today! Thank you for your feedback and input, you have really made me think a little more deeply about this thread in this moment!
No. I might as well be dead
Thank you Snake of Eden for your reply, I deeply appreciate it! Yea, I guess being void of emotion would kind of feel lifeless. Emotions make us feel alive!
Emotions can be very painful so I understand your feelings. To answer the question, I would say yes as I would like to get rid of the ability to be hurt and upset by life. I do believe that being completely emotionless would make life more bearable.
Thank you LeavingForever for your reply, I deeply appreciate it! I second that emotion-less! My apologies for my corny joke.
Yes many times but only with the power of also being a logical and intelligent person. If that's not possible,then having no emotions is way worse than living with the most painful ones imho.
Thank you markimobzzdeasui for your reply, I deeply appreciate it! Absolutely, If I to choose between being intensely emotional versus being intensely intelligent, then emotions would have to take the back seat.
Always. Emotions have caused me nothing but problems.
Thank you completely-done for your reply, I deeply appreciate it! I feel the same way most times when it comes to my emotions also.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Looooser and completely-done
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
yes, sometimes i wish i felt no fear or depression

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007 and Death_of_a_Phynixx
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I definitely wish I could shut off my brain

• Hugs
Reactions: Death_of_a_Phynixx
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
yes, sometimes i wish i felt no fear or depression
Thank you thinkkank for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! Both fear and depression used to consume me on a daily basis, so I can relate to your beautiful wish, whole heartedly! While I am aware that these particular emotions are part of the human experience, these emotions do not have to grip their hands on our steering wheel and drive us into persistent despair! Yes, these are powerful emotions, but the power of total inner peace can and will always override the lower vibrations that stem from the emotion of fear. Peace also invites courage to join the party of emotional stability and tranquility. When you are at peace with your physical self and your TRUE self, Courage is inevitable, allowing you to proceed with your beautiful life as you desire to, regardless of what anyone thinks and regardless of how anyone may feel. Thinkkank, you have the natural courage deep within you to feel free, and genuinely happy. You are a powerful being, and if you call/summon upon your inner courage, it will have no choice but to answer you and radiate itself all around you! Thank you again thinkkank for your reply, and always remember that you are powerful, and regardless of what you are feeling right now, your power can change everything, but only if you desire it! Love and appreciation to you always!

Reactions: thinkkank and Looooser
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm pretty much an emotionless being and I wish more than anything that I wasn't. It's hell being a zombie. When my mom tells me she loves me I feel nothing. It's unfortunately been this way for years.

• Love
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I definitely wish I could shut off my brain
Thank you Looooser/Winner for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I used to wish the same thing not too long ago, wishing to stop the racing thoughts and nagging worries eating away at my mind at any given moment. In all positivity and love though, there is a way to shut off the human brain. Our true selves, whom are not physical, have no brain. We are purely spirit and thankfully we are the spirit which animates our human body including the brain. There is a way to reunite with peace even if it means just to quiet the brain for a moment's time. It might seem difficult at first, but I promise you that with repetition and a sincere desire to quiet your thoughts, peace will be so abundant within you, it will seem as if you have truly "shut off your brain".

L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Thank you Looooser/Winner for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I used to wish the same thing not too long ago, wishing to stop the racing thoughts and nagging worries eating away at my mind at any given moment. In all positivity and love though, there is a way to shut off the human brain. Our true selves, whom are not physical, have no brain. We are purely spirit and thankfully we are the spirit which animates our human body including the brain. There is a way to reunite with peace even if it means just to quiet the brain for a moment's time. It might seem difficult at first, but I promise you that with repetition and a sincere desire to quiet your thoughts, peace will be so abundant within you, it will seem as if you have truly "shut off your brain".
I can stop it sometimes during the day or whatever. It's laying down to go to sleep! I've tried so many things and nothing send to help.

• Hugs
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I'm pretty much an emotionless being and I wish more than anything that I wasn't. It's hell being a zombie. When my mom tells me she loves me I feel nothing. It's unfortunately been this way for years.
Thank you Rscott10 for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I am usually able to answer replies with ease, but your reply is very unique. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. I know that you stated that you have been emotionless for years, but how is it that you have reached this point in your life? I was just curious and wondering if you feel like you were born emotionless, or did something happen in your life that has caused you to shut down emotionally? I would really love to hear back from you as your reply has really intrigued me to know more about your emotional or emotionless situation. Thank you again for your reply and I send you love and hugs regardless if you can feel them or not!

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Thank you Rscott10 for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I am usually able to answer replies with ease, but your reply is very unique. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. I know that you stated that you have been emotionless for years, but how is it that you have reached this point in your life? I was just curious and wondering if you feel like you were born emotionless, or did something happen in your life that has caused you to shut down emotionally? I would really love to hear back from you as your reply has really intrigued me to know more about your emotional or emotionless situation. Thank you again for your reply and I send you love and hugs regardless if you can feel them or not!
I wasn't born this way. I've had a couple bad concussions and I've done a lot of legal/illegal drugs. These things have altered my personality and made life much more difficult than it should've been.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Looooser and Death_of_a_Phynixx
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I can stop it sometimes during the day or whatever. It's laying down to go to sleep! I've tried so many things and nothing send to help.
Hi again Looooser/Winner, I am glad to hear back from you so soon, thank you! Ah yes, the night time seems to be the time when the human brain gathers everything that has happened throughout our personal day (and sometimes our personal life too), and the brain seems to play these events or occurrences back to us, and sometimes in an uncomfortable manner. When all we wish to do is rest and sleep, the brain may stay active and give us persistent thoughts, even some unwanted thoughts/worries. If this has been going on for a while now, then it is the repetition of this specific brain activity that has made it seem almost impossible to quiet down these thoughts and ease into a restful and peaceful sleep. Have you tried nightly positive self-talk or to create a positive lullaby to gently sing to yourself to entice more peace of mind to yourself? When I suggested the lullaby method, try to imagine a crying baby at night. Usually the mother or father will sing a lullaby to the disturbed baby, and next thing you know, the baby falls gently asleep and almost immediately. You can re-create this experience by singing a lullaby to yourself that will in return, lull you to a peaceful sleep. You can create your own lullaby to suit your personal needs. If you experiment with any of these methods, please try to act out these methods with repetition. With repetition, your brain will accept that you are serious about obtaining a peaceful night's sleep and your brain will have to submit to your wishes! I am also curious to know about which methods you have tried to obtain an easiness to sleep. Thank you again for listening!

Reactions: Looooser
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Hi again Looooser/Winner, I am glad to hear back from you so soon, thank you! Ah yes, the night time seems to be the time when the human brain gathers everything that has happened throughout our personal day (and sometimes our personal life too), and the brain seems to play these events or occurrences back to us, and sometimes in an uncomfortable manner. When all we wish to do is rest and sleep, the brain may stay active and give us persistent thoughts, even some unwanted thoughts/worries. If this has been going on for a while now, then it is the repetition of this specific brain activity that has made it seem almost impossible to quiet down these thoughts and ease into a restful and peaceful sleep. Have you tried nightly positive self-talk or to create a positive lullaby to gently sing to yourself to entice more peace of mind to yourself? When I suggested the lullaby method, try to imagine a crying baby at night. Usually the mother or father will sing a lullaby to the disturbed baby, and next thing you know, the baby falls gently asleep and almost immediately. You can re-create this experience by singing a lullaby to yourself that will in return, lull you to a peaceful sleep. You can create your own lullaby to suit your personal needs. If you experiment with any of these methods, please try to act out these methods with repetition. With repetition, your brain will accept that you are serious about obtaining a peaceful night's sleep and your brain will have to submit to your wishes! I am also curious to know about which methods you have tried to obtain an easiness to sleep. Thank you again for listening!
Thank you for that idea! I have always rocked myself to sleep for as long as I can remember but adding a lullaby sounds like a great idea. I usually just have the radio playing softly in the background.

• Love
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I wasn't born this way. I've had a couple bad concussions and I've done a lot of legal/illegal drugs. These things have altered my personality and made life much more difficult than it should've been.
Hi again Rscott10, and thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I deeply appreciate your openness and your courage to be honest with me. I'm glad you have survived through your concussions and you are still with us! Has anything changed since then? Are you currently still absorbing these medicines/drugs? If these things have altered your personality, do not worry because the only thing permanent in this world/realm is change. Just as your personality was altered, it can also be restored to its natural state. This is very possible because you stated that you were not born this way. If you truly desire to feel genuine emotion again, then nothing can stop you. You are not defeated, no matter what you have been through! Nothing in this world/realm can remain the same, even if it seems that nothing has changed as of yet. I apologize if this seemed like a cliffhanger response, but I am sure we will speak again! I send Love and hugs to you again from the bottom of my heart and from the depths of my entire soul/being!

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Thanks for your kindness. I'm not on any meds/drugs anymore. Hopefully I'll snap out of this someday.

• Hugs
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Yes, but rather I wish I didn't exist.

• Love
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, cause I'm over sensitive and wear my heart on my sleeve. Every decision I make I make it with my heart, emotions, never with my head. That brought me some problems, but not as many as when I think with my heart.

• Hugs
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
Thanks for your kindness. I'm not on any meds/drugs anymore. Hopefully I'll snap out of this someday.
You are always welcome Rscott10! Keep the faith within you and you will restore yourself! Love and Hugs to you!
Yes, but rather I wish I didn't exist.
Thank you WatermelonMel for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I can relate to your reply as I used to wish the same thing every single day of my life, but sweetheart you exist because you are special and you are needed! It took me a long while to recognize this about myself, and I know that you can recognize this fact also! I may not know you personally, but I can tell you that you are here for very special reasons indeed! Love and Hugs to you!
Yes, cause I'm over sensitive and wear my heart on my sleeve. Every decision I make I make it with my heart, emotions, never with my head. That brought me some problems, but not as many as when I think with my heart.
Thank you Sherri for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! You sound just like me, I mean to the extremes of being nearly identical! I genuinely know how it feels to be this sensitive due to my moon sign being in Scorpio. I too always seem to put my intuition and emotions in my driver's seat before I use any logic. Being extremely sensitive is a very powerful gift, like an inner superpower. We can feel things so deeply, that it can begin to seem so overwhelming that we might just want to shut this part of us off. There are ways to bring balance within ourselves between our logic and our emotions, though it might take practice and repetition. Please do not fully distance yourself from your open heart, because I can sense that you have a very genuine and loving heart. Sometimes we can be so openly loving that it might attract some to try to take advantage of us, and this is where a balance of logic can come into play. I also wear my heart upon my sleeve 24/7, but I am also learning how to try to incorporate my logic and bring a sort of union between the two. It just takes a little practice. Thank you again Sherri for your reply and your big beautiful heart! You can/will learn how to balance your logic and emotions. This realm/world appreciates your sensitivity and loving nature sweetie, and I certainly do also!
Thank you for that idea! I have always rocked myself to sleep for as long as I can remember but adding a lullaby sounds like a great idea. I usually just have the radio playing softly in the background.
😃Oh goody great! I am so glad I was able to help you out! You have just brought the biggest smile upon my face! Thank you so much and I will always be here for you if you need any more assistance or guidance! Thank you again and I send Love and the BIGGEST of hugs of them all to you! Rest well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
Yeah, I'm not a very emotional person and I rarely make decisions based on emotion, but I've always been very susceptible to lot of negative emotions such as sadness, despair, melancholy, guilt, irrational fear, etc

• Hugs
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
Yeah, I'm not a very emotional person and I rarely make decisions based on emotion, but I've always been very susceptible to lot of negative emotions such as sadness, despair, melancholy, guilt, irrational fear, etc
Thank you JinZhin for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! I can relate to your susceptibility of these negative emotions, especially guilt. It seems that these types of emotions are the easiest to become vulnerable to within this world, given the seemingly persistent negative nature of this realm. It seems like we have to personally fight and battle to be happy and at peace within this world, but fortunately, this is the farthest from the truth. Just as a being can seem only receptive to negative emotions, so can a being also be open and receptive to the positive aspects of human emotion. It may take a little practice, repetition, and faith, but feeling the wholeness of these positive emotions on a daily basis is extremely possible! It is also great that you do not allow these negative emotions to make decisions within your everyday life, this is great indeed as it shows that you have self-control and self-discipline! You seem like you are a very strong person, and this inner strength that you possess will allow you to transition into persistently feeling and thus becoming more susceptible to the more positive aspects of human emotion! Thank you again for your reply, and always love and big hugs to you JinZhin!

• Love
Reactions: JinZhin
elfin

elfin

Feb 8, 2022
i go through phases. sometimes i appreciate my emotions because they remind me what it means to be human, and as much as i hate my existence i do think being human is an incredible thing. but then there are other times when i wish i just never had to feel anything, because generally my emotions just really fucking hurt.

• Love
Reactions: Death_of_a_Phynixx and JinZhin
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
So I've been thinking more about this question for some reason and I really want to ramble now. I'll give a personal example. I really really like to think, especially about abstract topics, which is a way to escape those sane negative emotions, therefore if thinking makes me happy, can I really say that it's the opposite of feeling?

I apologize if this sounds like ramble (I am that person admt a party that talks about philosophy and then everyone runs away bc )

What I'm getting at is that the way we reason about things is influenced and often inseparable from emotions. There is no heart and mind, only our brain. If we

In light of this mess I just spat out, I probably wouldn't want to stop feeling, I just wish I could feel less (?), or less guilt and sadness.
In the end absence of pain is truly something to be happy about, but to know that one has to feel it...

• Love
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
No, there would be no reward for doing anything. I am largely already apathetic and don't experience enjoyment or happiness with any regular scheduling. Being fully emotionally dead would also be inconvenient in a otherwise largely emotional species socially -- they wouldn't understand.

It could be a ignorance is bliss situation if my physical vessel was something other than human. There are insects that don't experience any enjoyment at all which would be fine. Otherwise, no.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Death_of_a_Phynixx
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
i go through phases. sometimes i appreciate my emotions because they remind me what it means to be human, and as much as i hate my existence i do think being human is an incredible thing. but then there are other times when i wish i just never had to feel anything, because generally my emotions just really fucking hurt.
Thank you peachhex for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! My sincerest apologies for my delay. I can truly innerstand and relate to your feelings as I used to feel this same way about my existence daily and with a passion! I just want to let you know that your emotions will change for the better, and I am sure that your existence in this realm is just as meaningful and important as a being that feels good most of the time emotionally. It may be difficult to see or feel proof of this when we are feeling emotionally low, but I promise you, that you are loved, cherished, and you exist because you are special and truly worthy of it! You are strong sweet peach, that is why you are still here. You have the ability to be strong enough to push through your negative emotions and feel bliss and joy, and make these to be your new general emotions. I love you and I send you the biggest hugs!
So I've been thinking more about this question for some reason and I really want to ramble now. I'll give a personal example. I really really like to think, especially about abstract topics, which is a way to escape those sane negative emotions, therefore if thinking makes me happy, can I really say that it's the opposite of feeling?

I apologize if this sounds like ramble (I am that person admt a party that talks about philosophy and then everyone runs away bc )

What I'm getting at is that the way we reason about things is influenced and often inseparable from emotions. There is no heart and mind, only our brain. If we

In light of this mess I just spat out, I probably wouldn't want to stop feeling, I just wish I could feel less (?), or less guilt and sadness.
In the end absence of pain is truly something to be happy about, but to know that one has to feel it...
Hi again JinZhin, my sincerest apologies for my delay. I love philosophical topics, so that would probably be the one and only party I would ever attend! I agree with your notion about the way we perform our reasoning, as reasoning is a function that is primarily within our logic sector or our left brain. To live within a human body where pain is totally absent would really be amazing, but without pain, how can we begin to experience relief? I like to think of pain and relief as a two sided single coin. Sometimes we must feel a little guilt and sadness in order to fully comprehend their twin feelings of innocence and happiness. In my opinion, we may have to experience both sides of these emotional coins in order to fully appreciate the positive attributes. I enjoyed your philosophies and communications, they were really thought provoking. Thank you again JinZhin and I do apologize again for my delay. Love and Hugs to you!
No, there would be no reward for doing anything. I am largely already apathetic and don't experience enjoyment or happiness with any regular scheduling. Being fully emotionally dead would also be inconvenient in a otherwise largely emotional species socially -- they wouldn't understand.

It could be a ignorance is bliss situation if my physical vessel was something other than human. There are insects that don't experience any enjoyment at all which would be fine. Otherwise, no.
Thank you Seiba for your reply, I deeply appreciate you! Awesome response, and I am glad that you have showed just enough interest and enthusiasm to reply to this topic, so maybe you are not as apathetic as you think, (sorry for my corny joke). I agree that emotional beings would not understand other beings who are emotionless, I guess emotions are a humanly and 3rd dimensional quality. Sometimes we see it in films where if the beings are 100% void of emotion, they are usually from another planet. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", "Children of the Damned" and so on. I do appreciate that you can appreciate the value in having alive and active emotion! Thank you again Seiba for your reply, and I send big hugs and love to you!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: elfin
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I've felt completely numb and like a frantic wreck and everywhere in between.
I don't know what's worse for me. The one being experienced in the moment always feels like the worse one.

• Love
fatefulstillness

fatefulstillness

ghost.
Oct 24, 2021
I wish I could feel again the way I used to. Anything. I'm so terribly numb, if I get a rush of any emotion I devour it like a pest. I never know when I'll feel better, and when I do it's still... off, as if I'm already dead.

I see why some people would like to stop feeling so intensely. I've experienced that too. Both extremes are terrible.

• Love