• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
what bothers me is people say evil requires intent so, if there was a god he'd be evil but because there is no god, the universe is not evil because there was no intent, if being brought alive to be farmed for your meat isn't evil I don't know what is, nature is pure evil in my eyes

Bremer

Bremer

Feb 2, 2024
The church has invented good and evil in order to enslave people in faith and to enrich itself from them.

Our society may have been able to free itself from the church as a superior authority, but not from enslavement.

There is no good and evil.
And the world is dumb, but few dare not to be.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, the world is fundamentally defective. The goodness of the world is perhaps in showing what defectiveness is. It creates difference from wholeness, from 0 to 1 (or 1 to 2). Our perception is essentially missing something.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nature seems evil though, it's so cruel. Animals literally kill and eat each other to survive. How is that neutral?
It's cruel in the context of the animals' lives but to the earth itself, it means nothing. Nature is just another facet of the world but if there were no life it would make no difference to the big rock revolving around a bigger ball of gas and spiraling throughout the emptiness of space.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
It's cruel in the context of the animals' lives but to the earth itself, it means nothing. Nature is just another facet of the world but if there were no life it would make no difference to the big rock revolving around a bigger ball of gas and spiraling throughout the emptiness of space.
Why do you think that life came into existence? And do you think it's a net positive or net negative?

Reactions: Homo erectus
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Why do you think that life came into existence? And do you think it's a net positive or net negative?
I think some greedy little proteins materialized one day and like some rogue computer program, they exist only to complete their primary function to copy itself by any means necessary. I think when looked at to this level, life as a whole still feels like a net neutral. Yeah it sucks for the poor bunny rabbit that gets mauled by a coyote but both of these creatures are merely hosts for hundreds of billions of other microbes that will continue to exist and copy themselves ad infinitum. The prey animals simply get converted into nutrients while the predator lives on to feel hungry again another day. Both creatures got to suffer and feel some form of release from this suffering but the bacteria in their microbiomes probably don't care either way.

But like I said, things get a little more complicated for humans when we add things like sapience, willpower, and philosophy into the mixture. Even so though, our DNA cells don't care about what our minds actually want or what civilization wants. They only exist to satiate their own urges to spread.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I believe that evil and good do not exist. In my opinion, these are very subjective concepts. What is good for one may be bad for another. Of course, someone will say, rapes, murders, etc. are objectively wrong, but there are people on this planet who see it differently. I also believe that our "good" and "evil" deeds do not matter after death. At least I would like it to be so.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
It's evil if you have been through a lot of suffering. All the pain puts your brain in a constant fight or flight mode thinking everything is a potential threat even if it's not. It's neutral for most people

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
It's evil in the way that there's literally unlimited potential of suffering, our free will and ability to exploit this nature with so much harm, hurt/torture or use others with nothing preventing us from all of that.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I think this world causes suffering and it is set up that way.
I was thinking about how a planet without a food chain could look like.
Animals would be able to get energy directly from the sun and atmosphere.
Their reproduction cycle would be very slow in order to not overpopulate.
Maybe the gravity could be a bit lower too.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I think this world causes suffering and it is set up that way.
I was thinking about how a planet without a food chain could look like.
Animals would be able to get energy directly from the sun and atmosphere.
Their reproduction cycle would be very slow in order to not overpopulate.
Maybe the gravity could be a bit lower too.
Why do you think it's set up that way? Is it intentionally?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Why do you think it's set up that way? Is it intentionally?
It's a big mystery. But to me it looks like someone or something was messing with human genome to create us. Like the RH negative blood type.. it should not exist. It could be possible that everything here was genetically engineered.
But... I am just a tinfoil hat wearing schizo

U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
Good and evil are constructs embedded in language. There are no grammars which are saturated in the animal kingdom, therefore there is no good and evil in the animal kingdom.