• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WishToBeGood

WishToBeGood

To scared to live and to scared to die
Jul 22, 2023
No, life is not worth living. Not if every waking moment makes you want to kill yourself, or someone else. Some people have great lives, but as the book 'no longer human' says, "Mine has been a life of shame. I can't even guess myself what it must be to live thr life of a human being." So if you are happy, and care about people, and they care about you, then yes, life is worth living. But if not, then life is not worth living.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis and sserafim
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I don't think that (my) life is worth living.

Reactions: sserafim
AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
I genuinely don't know anymore. I have intense "episodes" that are making it harder and harder to function. I am watching my state slowly fall apart.

For now maybe, but I know at some point the scales will tip and it will be over.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I was asking myself this for so many years. Why don't they think of suicide, why do they enjoy life? I wanted to have an answer and that kept me going. Now I know why.....
I personally don't think I can understand the "why" that makes them enjoy life. Even if I do see answers like "because of loved ones", "because of the temporary joys they have in between work", "because they have their own meaning for living" and so forth, I will never understand it until I experience it for myself.. which I won't

• Aww..
Reactions: Pluto, Meteora and sserafim
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
Ultimately, that decision is up to the individual. It's unfair to generalize certain circumstances or conditions as being reasons to deem that life isn't worth living for entire groups of people. Most people have a reason to keep living, whether it's connected intrinsically and/or extrinsically. Even people faced with extremely difficult obstacles can live long, fulfilling lives. The value of life can be diminished by many factors, mainly mental illnesses, and people respond to their pain in different ways. Personally, I cannot see a reason to keep living. Any joy I once had towards living has been greatly diminished. I mainly use distractions to get through each day -- whether it's through my relationships or hobbies. Yet, even when I'm around the people / things that should supposedly 'make me happy,' my emotions are diluted to the point where I have to mask how a person should 'normally act.' My life has become a center of theatrics, where I have to react according to societal standards. I am so sick of the cycle of living. Every night, I want darkness to cloak over my eyes and relieve me from this earth. I wish people would just let me go.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb, sserafim and davidtorez
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
No, I do not, but I'm not able to die atm, unfortunately. If I could significantly reduce others' suffering, my life would be instrumentally valuable, however, it would still be miserable, so it's difficult to say whether it would have been worth living. I wish I could replace myself with a robot with the same goals and values.

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I personally don't think I can understand the "why" that makes them enjoy life. Even if I do see answers like "because of loved ones", "because of the temporary joys they have in between work", "because they have their own meaning for living" and so forth, I will never understand it until I experience it for myself.. which I won't
Yeah I understand..... I could partially experience it with the years. That's why I think I know. But understanding the feeling why they wanna live, finally experiencing it a little bit but not being able to keep it makes me wanna die even more.
Why do you think you will never experience it if I may ask?

SevenDayWeekend

SevenDayWeekend

Feb 13, 2023
My life hasn't been, but life in general is worth living if you are privileged and have opportunity and freedom..

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Why do you think you will never experience it if I may ask?
Because of my neurotype. I never really enjoyed anything in life and this was true even when I was a child too. I don't have anything to live for as there simply just isn't anything about life that I enjoy

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Meteora
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
It's funny, in so many areas of this life we focus on the end goal... the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... the end result.

We're primarily a results based creature, constantly weighing up the pros and cons of different actions and endeavours, and assessing whether something is viable or even worth our effort. But then when it comes to the big picture objective analysis of life itself (the macro if you will), we are encouraged to focus on the journey instead of the destination. I just find this funny and highly contradictory based on how we live in general. Don't focus on the ultimate end goal of life,
which is death, because human society has no way of putting a positive spin on that particular scenario!

It's a bit like bringing someone on a road trip, but refusing to tell them where you're going. "It doesn't matter where we're going... we'll just keep driving until we run out of road..." "But isn't that a bit pointless?" "Yes, but everyone else is doing it, so shut up and enjoy the ride!" :haha:

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
Macc_Lad_71

Macc_Lad_71

Feb 15, 2024
yes......100%

• Yay!
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb and sserafim
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
For some people.. But for everyone else, they get to make the first groups life worth it.

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
Not in the slightest

Pain and suffering far outweigh the joy and pleasure

Only things guaranteed in life is suffering and death

Reactions: sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes I do. I still have hope..

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, pebpebpebpeb and sserafim
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's a pretty much subjective feeling whether someone wants to live their life or not and considers it worthwhile.

In my case I don't think my life is worth to be lived currently bc of the unsolvable problems I have but there's still some hope.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto and sserafim
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
Absolutely not. The human race is vile, disgusting and pathetic. Most of the people that happen to live happy lives are only able to do so because they fuck other people over and take advantage of them.

Everything is a gdamn scam. Everyone is out to gouge each other and suck one another's blood as much as possible in order to be able to "have more".

And we value and celebrate the dumbest shit. Millions of dollars per year for people to play with a stupid fcking ball, while the people that do the jobs to maintain the infrastructure necessary for people to live can barely afford groceries.

Billions of sheeple NPC morons making life unbearable. So pointless and stupid.
You have put my anger into words. Yes you can have a life worth living but it will always be at the expense of someone else suffering. Whether it's simple as eating chocolate or watching a sports events in a stadium.

A lot of people say that life would be tolerable or even worth living when solving your problems with money. I admit, I would probably know how to enjoy myself, because I would no longer just live to survive. But I hate the fact that my selfish desires are harming someone else - I know what it feels like and I am contributing to it. Makes me feel even more disgusted of myself.

I am currently justifying being alive by consuming less but trying to take away benefits from people who force me to stay alive. For example, trying to get any government aid possible and if I am being judged for being a leech then I'll tell them that I don't want to be alive in the first place. Give me a peaceful method and I am out of here (for your convenience).

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and sserafim
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
You have put my anger into words. Yes you can have a life worth living but it will always be at the expense of someone else suffering. Whether it's simple as eating chocolate or watching a sports events in a stadium.

A lot of people say that life would be tolerable or even worth living when solving your problems with money. I admit, I would probably know how to enjoy myself, because I would no longer just live to survive. But I hate the fact that my selfish desires are harming someone else - I know what it feels like and I am contributing to it. Makes me feel even more disgusted of myself.

I am currently justifying being alive by consuming less but trying to take away benefits from people who force me to stay alive. For example, trying to get any government aid possible and if I am being judged for being a leech then I'll tell them that I don't want to be alive in the first place. Give me a peaceful method and I am out of here (for your convenience).
Don't feel one ounce of guilt whatsoever about taking as much government aid as possible. It's defintely not coming out of the pockets of these billionaire aholes taking advantage of the tax loophole thatthese corrupt politicians create for them. And if YOU don't take it, then some lazy, greedy, worthless good for nothing scammer will. Uncle Sam virtually puts no effort into discerning who deserves it and who doesn't. And exactly as you said, if they're not going to provide us with a way out of the toxic shithole of a planet, then they better provide us with what we need to keep living.

Reactions: sserafim and SoulCage
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Life in general- I guess it can be. Some people seem satisfied enough. Some enough to bring new life here. Me personally though- no, it doesn't seem worth it. In the lyrics of the late, great David Bowie:

'Life wasn't worth the balance.'

Reactions: sserafim and Pluto
A

AlternativeBagel

Mar 12, 2024
There have only been a handful of times in my life where I've felt like life is worth living, and those usually only last for a few months then I move on and go back to like "nope, it's not". I can only distract myself from my thoughts for so long.

Reactions: sserafim and Olisop21.
O

Olisop21.

Student
Mar 15, 2024
Personally, I don't think that (my) life is worth living. "Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain."
I don't feel my life is worth living either. I don't want to live though I keep putting off ctb. Fear and SI are why I'm still here.

SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
Don't feel one ounce of guilt whatsoever about taking as much government aid as possible. It's defintely not coming out of the pockets of these billionaire aholes taking advantage of the tax loophole thatthese corrupt politicians create for them. And if YOU don't take it, then some lazy, greedy, worthless good for nothing scammer will. Uncle Sam virtually puts no effort into discerning who deserves it and who doesn't. And exactly as you said, if they're not going to provide us with a way out of the toxic shithole of a planet, then they better provide us with what we need to keep living.
Oh shit you actually made a good point about who is paying for community aid. It's crazy. The people who suffer the most have to provide the aid for the people that suffer and at the same time benefit the rich who only have to give a fraction of their wealth to the system. Lol. This makes me vomit even more.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and sserafim
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
as homeless no. suffering no shelter freezing no food.
no it is not.

• Informative
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
As a Western person yes, generally speaking I think life is worth living. Mine, however, it's not. But I don't have an existentialsit depression, I feel like shit because my life is shit, otherwise I'm someone able to enjoy things. I don't see the point in see life like something supernatural who must have a meaning, a worth etc, it's just life, and we are here. It can be good or bad. Mine it's bad, so I want do die.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and TiredOfAllThis