N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had these thoughts in several instances recently. I think a lot about a member here who committed suicide presumably. I liked him a lot but we were not that close because he exactly knew I am scared to get traumatized by it. It could be one instance of one only worries about people when it is already too late. However I already worried when he was alive. But death makes it impossible to communicate to another person. The last words will always remain the last words. At least if one does not believe in the afterlife.

I have a lot of hatred for my mom that she abused me as a child and ruined my life. However she does literally everything to help me now as good as possible. Still I often feel severe anger when I am feeling nightmarish. Though when she had a stroke I was pretty concerned. I told her often how much I love her. She even apologized to me that she had that stroke. Our family story is pretty sad and it will become very uncomfortable in the next years. I think I would have had a bad feeling when she died of that stroke and I could never have told her more explicitly that her support means much to me. Still there are often a lot of mixed emotions involved.

I think most people only became fans of Lil Peep after his death. I think the hype would have been way less if he did not die this young. I think I probably would have never become a fan in this case. It is weird to think about that. I listen to his concerts and I have high respect for the people in the audience because they were fans prior to all the news articles etc.

I think at the end of life many people regret things. For example that one never told a certain person about their feelings. Missed opportunities and the lack of will to have risked something. Though my last attempt to approach a woman fully backfired as usual when my psychotic brain screws with me. Just being bold is not enough sadly.

I need to save energy so my threads are less detailed I guess. I am scared to become ill. But the last semesters were more extreme and I have managed through that hell. But it was close to a relapse.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart, GettingOut and 1 other person
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
My childhood was full of different types of abuse, and though it hurt me, it hurt me more to find out later that other children were being loved and taken care of emotionally. The realisation that not all kids go through hell and torment, made it worse.

There is always that distance between a wronged child and parent that can never be breached. The last two years have been terrible for me, but my mom has helped me out the only way she could, which is financially. I appreciate it very much, but I don't feel indebted. I'm trying to steer my life in a way that I'll be financially independent of my mother, but I feel that she expects me to pay her back in INTEREST. That thought alone makes me want to get out of this place. I just cannot hold down a job, struggle with disability, depression and be taken advantage of ONE TIME MORE!

I feel for you @noname223. Having reached the point where I'm mentally ill and just cannot control my thoughts any more is a terrible point to be. I'd rather harm myself and do my best to lessen the trauma on others, but when the wall has to fall, the wall has to fall. Lots of love :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: noname223, The anhedonic one and Sweet Tart
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Absolutely yes. I've missed out on so many things in life due to mental illness.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- definitely. For me- I've been the worst offender when it comes to people. I suppose I did appreciate them- but I didn't show it enough and I let work commitments get in the way of spending time with them or keeping in touch with them. And now- they're gone. Some are dead. Some have moved away.

I think appreciating things in life WHILE they're happening is likely the key to happiness. So many of us don't even enjoy the things we could enjoy because we're too busy worrying or taking things for granted. I think I've had moments in life where I've been truly grateful for the time I was spending with people- and they were probably my happiest times. I'm not very good at it though.