T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
Absolutely suicidal and homicidal! My noisy next door neighbor was the reason I found this site, I was seriously trying to find a way to cbt cause it felt like I was stuck in hell. I moved out of my previous apartment 20 years ago because of the cretin living under who would play his loud club music all night long, like way past midnight. He even had the nerve to come up and complain about me banging on the floor to make him stop! Thankfully, my name wasn't on the lease so I left my roommate to deal with it cause he pretended not to hear it just to be an asshole. Well he eventually had to deal with it when his new roommate complained. :heh:

So the new jerk next door would blast hip-hop for hours with the super heavy bass that makes your whole body shake. It was so unbearable and no earplugs are able to block that bass. No matter how many times he's been told to turn it down, he'd start again the next day. After more than a year, I reached my limit and started banging on the wall and it actually worked. He's finally turned the volume down even though I had to do it a few more times. I also put a message on the entrance door of our building asking the noisy neighbors to turn the volume down.

For those who don't know what to do with the noise anymore, you can play this link () on a big speaker that you put on the floor. It needs the speaker to work and it will drown the bass from your neighbor. I plug it to a guitar amplifier and it feels like I'm on an airplane, it's actually kinda relaxing. It's like using white noise to drown out other people talking too loud.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, WonderingSoul and Ε. Η. R.
S

slyna

Student
Jul 30, 2021
Yes mine fuck 24/7
Pigs

Reactions: Ε. Η. R.
Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

A pointless life had in a pointless world
Mar 11, 2019
I can hear the bass of my neighbours voice whenever he talks and it literally turns me feral. I can't stand to hear it.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Yes. Been dealing wtih noisy neighbours for years. I can't stand it. Traffic noise too. I like quiet places. But everything related to my life is pissing me off lately.

I

irememberinnocence

Student
Jun 10, 2020
I wouldn't actually kill myself over it and I hope no one else does. But it certainly plunges me into waves of despair that last for the duration of the noise. I am very noise sensitive and noise has actually made me physically sick at times. I used to have noise cancelling headphones but can't afford another pair without using money that should be there for something else. I agree that dense population has certainly increased noise pollution. And maybe the fact that people have so many electronics these days to make noise with.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and looseye
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Yes they do. Sometimes it's hard to imagine living in large American cities . These cities are lawless and the noise is horrible . Just look at Chicago !

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I dream of a totalitarian government that has sound squads and secret sound police, constantly looking out for noise violations and hauling people away for breaking the tranquility. I hate noise and noise makers so much. Yes living in this noise world is one of the reasons I want to CTB.

Reactions: potablewater784, looseye and UberYeets
Lotus1818

Lotus1818

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
Yes i actually came back to this website because of my noisy neighbors. I don't know what to do. I'm going to a psychiatrist
because of my fear of these sounds.

I feel like people who are suicidal need a lot of quiet. I always thought that death is the ultimate form of silence. I wish I could just get angry at them instead of scared and suicidal. They often play music on friday and saturday. So now I fear these days instead of being able to look forward to the weekend.

So I decided to move my bed to the back of my house so I hear them less during the weekends. It really sucks that I don't feel at home anymore in my own house. It really is my only safe haven and that being taken away from you is horrible. The stupid pandemic didn't make it any easier for me. During the first months I was very happy to just work at home. But now I kinda wish i could go back to the office. being at home all the time makes you hyper aware of all the things happening in your neighborhood.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: voidstar, looseye, Deleted member 31858 and 1 other person
ChobaniFlipSmores

ChobaniFlipSmores

Hakuna matata?
Jul 28, 2021
Silicone ear plugs changes the game.

If my neighbours take the piss, I'll just leave my music/tv playing loud af in the livingroom, while I go to sleep in my bedroom with my ear plugs in.
cant hear shit lol
This guy is correct. Silicone ear plugs are basically like soft wax and are super comfortable.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Yes. Because I suffer from noise sensitivity and I'm really easily stressed.

I feel like every apartment has either alcoholics, drug users, spouse-beaters, child abusers, karaoke lovers, piano players, or small children who run and scream etc. Even if you are lucky like I was in the beginning of my second apartment and get an apartment with great neighbors, one day one of the nice quiet harmless neighbors will either die or move away and in their place will come noisy neighbors. Because there are so many apartments in one, the chances that all the other 8 would be quiet is low. Compare it to rowhouses which are usually five "apartments" wide and thus you only have to care about four family's lives instead of eight's.

Reactions: looseye
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
It certainly doesn't help because it adds hugely to the general stress and anxiety a vulnerable person is already feeling. That's dangerous .I've been there...Hope it gets better.

S

Starz

Jan 24, 2020
The reason I want to ctb is because of my neighbor. I have lost everything because of her. She parties 24/7 has scumbags in her house constantly, doesn't work. I'm a pretty light sleeper and I have to get drunk pretty much everynignt just so I can sleep. I have lost my job lost my friends and lost myself

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes I have horrible neighbours too. They don't make life any easier. Please invest in noise cancelling headphones because they will help a great deal with problematic noise makers.

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Our neighbours are very noisy. They jump around, run up and down the stairs etc. But we dont complaint.

G

Gosuipo

Nov 18, 2021
I was surrounded by neighbors. There are even times that they turned on there loud music at the same time and my house always vibrated even early in the morning like 5am and I always sleep like 2-3am. There's also this someone shouting early in the morning almost everyday. I just want peace. There will never be a peaceful day in my community. It pisses me off and yes, I always thought of exiting earlier because of them.

E

Existingnotliving

Feb 13, 2020
These past few days I've actually been feeling like living, but today my neighbour has been blaring music all day and I'm back in my suicidal zone.
Also two weeks ago they kept me up all night because they had a party with their drunk friends.

Do noisy neighbors make you feel suicidal?

I've had noisy and all my life, I'm tired of them I just want peace.
I live with some of the worst house mates and they affect my mental health daily to the point of worsening my suicidal thoughts, it's actually horrendous how much stress and anxiety they cause me. People underesitmate how detrimental bad neighbours can be. I know how damaging mine have been to my mental health yet no one takes it seriously.

Reactions: looseye, Starz and ascetic_
T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
I took care of the noisy neighbor next to me by banging on the wall until he stopped completely. He's been a stubborn jackass for over a year because other people asked him many times to turn it down but it seemed like only my banging worked.. It has been calm for a while and now another neighbor is starting with the loud music. So tonight I hear it again (it's been every day this week) and I was sure that it was my next door neighbor this time. So I banged on the wall with a hammer and he knocks on my door. I don't open but yell at him to lower the volume and he tells me it's not him, it's someone else. He practically begged me to stop banging on his wall so I ended up apologizing to the guy that made my life a living hell last year!:pfff::haha: At least I got my confirmation that my wall banging works. He said he hears it from his place too but doesn't know which apartment. Noisy neighbors are like cockroaches, you kill one but there are more after. Fuck my life!

E

Elegy

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Old thread but still relevant topic. Do noisy neighbors make me feel suicidal. I'll say, I feel much more homicidal than suicidal.
Eg; My usptairs neighbors were stomping around like elephants. First I punched holes through the ceiling with a broom stick. But they were not getting the message. Next, I tossed empty beer bottles out my back door, and shot them, for 4 hours straight. Until I ran outta ammo. Pop Pop Pop Pop!! Can you Hear me NOW?? Lol my neighbors were very quiet after that. Although of their kids did bash my car windshield a couple days later

Last edited:
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I'm pretty sure my neighbor is a prostitute it's not possible for someone who can have sex 14 hours a day, it doesn't make me suicidal but hearing moans and bed is extremely irritating, if she would just invite me lol

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
yeah we are all crammed in like sardines in the uk, everyone noisy gets on top of each other

Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
The last time I had noisy neighbors l spent 3 days Carpet bombing their garden with Dog shit! Sorted that out!!!

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Consider the alternative of total silence and being completely alone with your thoughts…that is torturous as well.

Although I guess you would have the freedom of choosing your distractions at least.

Annabella

Annabella

Jan 13, 2021
Some mfs are suicidal because of noisy neighbors while my brain is literally decomposed+complete anhedonia and entire white nights... What a life

M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
Yeah, noisy neighbors have made me feel suicidal many times. They renovate, scream and play music. There are people who renovate a small apartment for a year. Sometimes it is impossible to concentrate and sleep. There are also quarrels in the laundry room. There are desperate people who kill themselves or their neighbors. Neighborhood feuds are common. There are too many people in big cities - overpopulation causes problems everywhere.

Reactions: Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
If you call the police?
If you're living in a country where the police aren't useless sacks of shit.
Yeah, noisy neighbors have made me feel suicidal many times. They renovate, scream and play music. There are people who renovate a small apartment for a year. Sometimes it is impossible to concentrate and sleep. There are also quarrels in the laundry room. There are desperate people who kill themselves or their neighbors. Neighborhood feuds are common. There are too many people in big cities - overpopulation causes problems everywhere.
Which country are you in? Sounds as bad as mine, India, notoriously the most overpopulated country on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunset Limited
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I live in an apartment in an overpopulated and densely populated area and have had problems with neighbors and traffic noise for many years. I have wanted to die several times because the noise of neighbors. The worst noise is when they drill into the wall - it sounds so loud that one startle in fear. They do not consider neighbors. The cars drive by all the time. There are too many houses in this area. I live in hell. I wish I could live in a villa close to nature. But I lived in a villa in the parental home.

Last edited:
Reactions: wanttodie, loopdaloop, Ashu and 1 other person
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
They're not THE reason for my suicidality but they sure don't fucking help it, either. I suffer from severe chronic illness and pain so any loud or sudden noises exacerbate the pain and overstimulate/exhaust me, and it makes my condition worse and makes me want to rip my skin off. I always have a pair of earplugs in to muffle the sounds of the world, but sometimes it's just not enough – earlier this year our upstairs neighbours were doing renovations and the sound of them drilling was so painful that it felt like someone was literally drilling into my bones. We've since gotten better headphones to wear on top of earplugs in case that happens again, but that was absolute, complete and utter hell.

I also have a tic that I "have to" engage whenever I hear someone open the front door of our apartment building before they inevitably let it slam behind them, and it's just an extra source of strain. Our upstairs neighbours also went through a period of having screaming loud sex, which, I mean, I'm glad that they were enjoying each other, but also, if you live in an apartment and are gonna scream, then do it into a pillow or your partner's mouth or something? They also drag a chair across the floor at least a few times a day, and my husband has heard them use a blender in the middle of the night as well. And oh god, a few years ago there was a woman in the apartment next door who sang THE SAME FUCKING SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN, for hours on end EVERY DAY and she sounded like a dying whale – I'm not even kidding or trying to be funny, that's honestly what it sounded like. This went on for MONTHS before she moved out (thank god, but also, her poor new neighbours).

The world is just so loud. At least in death I'll finally get some actual peace and fucking quiet.

Reactions: http-410, ropearoundatree and Ashu
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
More like homicidal, but yeah it is extremely annoying. I'd have a lot more will to live if people were more quieter where I live.

Reactions: Ashu
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I hate all of these dipshits with illegally-modded exhausts and maliciously loud subwoofers. There are so many now that it's pretty much constant 24/7 where I live now. I wish someone would assassinate them all.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Just irritated sometimes. I find people who make unnecessary noises rude af.

Like ones who let their dogs bark 24/7, blast music out of their cars or homes thinking someone is watching them. They are idiots to me.