• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Hey everyone I've set an appointment with my doctor on the 14th to discuss my anxiety issues. I've always been anxious but it ramped up to unbearable and bedridden recently. I came out to my family and told them I had a problem and that I wanted to talk to someone. They were supportive and understood. Everyone besides my dad at least. I've looked into the possibility of SSRI's possibly assisting me and reducing my panic attacks to the point I can live life again. This is my last shot at getting better and I just wanted to know if anyone here has successfully reduced anxiety or an anxiety disorder with medication + therapy?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i seem to have. im currently on buspirone. you can do research on it and ill tell you what its helping me with.

to start with, i havent been on it that long. ~2 weeks. i have found that it keeps my thoughts quieter and i think....it seems to be helping with anxiety.

oh and it doesnt have much in the way of side effects but make sure to check for interaction with other meds and booze

issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
i seem to have. im currently on buspirone. you can do research on it and ill tell you what its helping me with.

to start with, i havent been on it that long. ~2 weeks. i have found that it keeps my thoughts quieter and i think....it seems to be helping with anxiety.
I was thinking of starting prozac or lexapro! I'm so happy for you that the meds seem to have helped at least somewhat. I've read 2-4 weeks has a partial effect with most meds and 6-12 for the full effect so I'm hoping you get even better! This gives me hope that I will get at least some relief from my brain who decides to run a mile a second and maybe tell it to take it easy. Hoping and praying for the best for both of us. On a side note how were the first 2 weeks? any side effects? I've read they can make you worse the first couple days then make you better as you stick it out.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I was thinking of starting prozac or lexapro! I'm so happy for you that the meds seem to have helped at least somewhat. I've read 2-4 weeks has a partial effect with most meds and 6-12 for the full effect so I'm hoping you get even better! This gives me hope that I will get at least some relief from my brain who decides to run a mile a second and maybe tell it to take it easy. Hoping and praying for the best for both of us. On a side note how were the first 2 weeks? any side effects? I've read they can make you worse the first couple days then make you better as you stick it out.
im sensitive to meds so i havent had much luck as far as side effects go and have had to quit them before they had a chance to work. this med however i havent had any problems with.
I will get at least some relief from my brain who decides to run a mile a second and maybe tell it to take it easy.
this is exactly what my brain was doing. it would just go and go and go. the peace and quiet this medication has provided me is a heaven sent.

may i ask why you were considering an antidepressant and a strong one at that?

issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
may i ask why you were considering an antidepressant and a strong one at that?
I've heard ssri's tend to be first line treatment for anxiety disorders and I've read people have success with them and other various meds also with increased effectiveness for therapy. Therapy did not work for me before but I was not medicated. I am considering asking for meds coupled with possible therapy to get a hold on my anxiety and finally get some sweet relief. My brain is just too stubborn :ahhha:

Reactions: Miss_Takes
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I take xanax for my anxiety. I find it very helpful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri
C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
Hey everyone I've set an appointment with my doctor on the 14th to discuss my anxiety issues. I've always been anxious but it ramped up to unbearable and bedridden recently. I came out to my family and told them I had a problem and that I wanted to talk to someone. They were supportive and understood. Everyone besides my dad at least. I've looked into the possibility of SSRI's possibly assisting me and reducing my panic attacks to the point I can live life again. This is my last shot at getting better and I just wanted to know if anyone here has successfully reduced anxiety or an anxiety disorder with medication + therapy?
please go and get yourself some CBD oil if you haven't already tried it.. Its a miracle for anxiety! SSRIs will change you forever.. Sexually and emotionally.. SSRIs are the reason I'm on this site and will ctb. Hopefully this information will save you from permanent damage.
DO NOT take SSRIs. lexapro and prozac those drugs are the devil. Lexapro gave me permanent brain damage and sexual disfunction.. 2 years since I stopped the meds and no change. Quite simply ruined my whole life.

Last edited:
issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
ssri + snri + alpha agonist. your anxiety will disappear
Yeah I'm hoping to get on prozac if I do end up with a diagnosis of OCD my suicidality is from an obsessive streak I have and most people with OCD have said prozac does indeed stop the ruminations since its more specific for OCD. I'm not against ssri's and I believe people have a negative misconception of them since I do think they are over prescribed. I think they help people in more extreme conditions. (: Better days ahead

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Buspirone could help, as mentioned. For a while I was looking into a medication called clomipramine. I don't think it would be first line as it's a tricyclic antidepressant (more side effects than a standard SSRI/SNRI). But it's been shown to help with OCD. I'm not dx with OCD and don't think I have it, but have wondered if it would help curb my general obsessions and ruminations.

Perhaps you could talk to your doctor about that? It may be a bit of a long shot.

Reactions: issyishere
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I take propranolol and antihistamines (currently promethazine) for my anxiety as and when I need them.

I've found I am unable to take a regular medication (tried fluoxetine/Prozac and citalopram) as I am too anxious about their effects, side effects, withdrawal, etc.

I'm also trying out some herbal remedies, but not sure about their effectiveness yet.

issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
I take propranolol and antihistamines (currently promethazine) for my anxiety as and when I need them.

I've found I am unable to take a regular medication (tried fluoxetine/Prozac and citalopram) as I am too anxious about their effects, side effects, withdrawal, etc.

I'm also trying out some herbal remedies, but not sure about their effectiveness yet.
Im trying some herbal too mostly magnesium citrate and valerian im not sure if its placebo but i do feel a 30% reduction in my anxiety ever since i started taking it for about a week i think it might be because im deficient in it since im not big on salads :ahhha: oh yeah also vitamin d3 in the morning since i was confirmed to be low in it from bloodwork.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Im trying some herbal too mostly magnesium citrate and valerian im not sure if its placebo but i do feel a 30% reduction in my anxiety ever since i started taking it for about a week i think it might be because im deficient in it since im not big on salads :ahhha: oh yeah also vitamin d3 in the morning since i was confirmed to be low in it from bloodwork.
Ha, salad, yeah I'm not a fan either. I would be really interested in getting some bloodwork done, just to see what's out of whack. Something for me to look into maybe, nice idea thanks.

issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
Ha, salad, yeah I'm not a fan either. I would be really interested in getting some bloodwork done, just to see what's out of whack. Something for me to look into maybe, nice idea thanks.
Just added another supplement to my regimen. I found a study that showed vitamin c supplementation provided greater relief than a placebo from oxidative stress and also anxiety. It worked no matter the concentration of vitamin c in the participants blood so maybe you guys should consider it. Vitamin C is water soluble so your body will get rid of any excess (:

If you can't tell I am trying a scorched earth type method in battling stress and attacking it from any possible angle :pfff:

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I'm on lexapro, buspirone, and hydroxyzine and they help some. But not enough for me. I'm looking to change meds up in the near future hopefully.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Benzos work but destroy you in many ways but if like me you feel you will break without something then they seem a necessary evil. BUT I think I took them too often and abused them looking back I used to take them at the first sight of even a chance of anxiety which led to a very severe (100-150mg) daily diazepam (or equivalent) addiction.

issyishere

issyishere

Nov 5, 2019
I'm on lexapro, buspirone, and hydroxyzine and they help some. But not enough for me. I'm looking to change meds up in the near future hopefully.
Which one do you think makes the most dfference? I've been seeing pretty good reductions in my anxiety since I finally go to sleep without meds albeit not for long. (4+ hours) But at night I still find myself worried. I was considering lexapro or prozac potentially at a small dose and continuing my multi pronged approach.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Which one do you think makes the most dfference? I've been seeing pretty good reductions in my anxiety since I finally go to sleep without meds albeit not for long. (4+ hours) But at night I still find myself worried. I was considering lexapro or prozac potentially at a small dose and continuing my multi pronged approach.
Id say hydroxyzine but that's more as needed but can be taken around the clock.

But idk none help me that much so far as I'm still crippled with anxiety.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I take Xanax, in the beginning is very helpful, but your body gets addicted to it quite fast. Not sure I would recommend that, probably in sos only.

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Medications either help, dont help or make things worse! Unfortunately you won't really know any outcome until you try them