• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Me only partly. I love David Foster Wallace. He is probably my favorite artist in general. His literature comforted me a lot. I think I will never find another artist that touches me that deeply. But an a personal level we had different issues. There are some similarities and some differences. I think due to his personal struggle with depression and suicide I can relate better. I probably would have never found him without his suicide. Artists seem to get hyped after such events.
I read his biography and sadly there is no clear picture how often he thought about suicide. The biographer said he had many happy years. At the same time he struggled with suicidal thoughts since decades. There are some stories from which I got the impression he knew what was coming. And I relate to them so much.

So in this instance yes DFW has something unique. But I am not that much into literature.

I listen to more music though. The artist that comforts me the most is Lil Peep. He sometimes also talked about wanting to die. But he died by an OD and not suicide. This does not make his music less relatable. He died pretty young and this invokes some melancholia. I sometimes think I might kill myself young but well I lived a couple years longer than Peep.

I also like listening to Kurt Cobain or Linkin Park (Chester Bennington) but I don't get much more comforted by them than by Peep. There is no real big difference. Lil Peep's music is more my style/taste. Despite the fact I am pretty hardcore against drugs which is quite ironic.

I think Peep and Juice WRLD were also aware what was ahead of them. Peep almost died a couple of times from OD and he laughed about that in interviews. This sort of comforts me. But there is so much more. It makes my situation a little bit less tormenting. This vibe well yeah I might die, and I might die young but whatever. I cannot change it. Fuck it and enjoy the ride. (in my case rather I suffer every single day lol)

the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
I get what you mean. They do. Most of my favorite artists ctb. It's impossible not to notice the darkness in their music, the hidden lines that point out something inevitable. It's alluring and addicting. The lyrics tend to speak to me in a way that is hard to explain. At times when blasting these dark songs you can almost see the shadow of death just around the corner. You can sense it approaching.

Even remembering that my favorite singer wrote songs about the exact way he's going to ctb and the way his death scene is going to look like ~15 years before ending it all, is chilling. How did you make it out alive for so goddamn long? I wanna ask. I wanna know.

Last edited: