• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Do any of you fear an afterlife?

• Hugs
Reactions: shy
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think there is an afterlife and I don't want there to be one either. Growing up I've been fed the whole Christian heaven and hell narrative, but never really believed in it. Still, the fact that so many people of various religions believe in some form of an afterlife, makes me doubt my own believes. The possibility of there being one freaks me out, I just want to be done once I'm dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
This. 100%.

And I'd take whatever "horrible" afterlife there would be over this painful hell here.

What if the afterlife is even worse?

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
the first time i considered to ctb many years ago i noticed something interesting.
despite being an atheist and don't buyin any of the heaven and hell fairytale stuff, it still became a fearful thought to be punished forever at that time.

since then i see it as an obscenity to feed children's minds with such horrible concepts of life and death.

Last edited:
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
the first time i considered to ctb many years ago i noticed something interesting.
despite being an atheist and don't buyin any of the heaven and hell fairytale stuff, it still became a fearful thought to be punished forever at that time.

since then i see it as an obscenity to feed children's minds with such horrible concepts of life and death.

You don't think there's an afterlife? Why do you think we're all here?

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
What if the afterlife is even worse?
But think about it: how would one even sense it without a body? The body is the only vessel one has that helps one to think/feel/see/smell/taste. If it's gone/not functioning anymore one can't really experience anything. So one is essentially just energy. Energy doesn't feel pain or thinks anything.

G

grimfukis

Jul 13, 2020
I don't fear an afterlife itself because if it exists it's inevitable but recently I have become worried that if I ctb it would 'stunt' my growth in the afterlife. Since my desire to ctb stems from regrets it would be really ironic and sad to arrive in the afterlife regretting my final act and facing more suffering. Ctb is easier to have as an option without this notion.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I fear the long painful death called life, I fear not an eternal sleep no matter where it takes me, as I won't have a physical body to feel pain any more.

Reactions: Cakes and sadworld
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I'm not afraid. At this point I don't really care anymore.

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
But think about it: how would one even sense it without a body? The body is the only vessel one has that helps one to think/feel/see/smell/taste. If it's gone/not functioning anymore one can't really experience anything. So one is essentially just energy. Energy doesn't feel pain or thinks anything.

I guess... I just worry about the whole soul thing because people talk about that and how souls can suffer.
My parents were watching some ghost show and they were talking about demons and the ghosts of those who commit suicide ect

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I guess... I just worry about the whole soul thing because people talk about that and how souls can suffer.
My parents were watching some ghost show and they were talking about demons and the ghosts of those who commit suicide ect
But in that sense everybody would become a ghost some day, I mean, other people die too...you will die whether it's sooner or later. And only singling out people who ctb would be an unjust thing to do...since there is much greater evil in this world who would actually deserve to suffer (murderers, rapists...)

Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't think there is an afterlife. I think we'll sleep forever after death :heart:
Don't think about it too much, it's probably not true. Demons and all of that stuff were invented by humans and are just stories.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
You don't think there's an afterlife? Why do you think we're all here?

for me, there is no why.

lately i even think that our consciousness is far less real and maybe just the sum of a very complex stimulus–response model combined with long-term memory, which gives us some kind of illusion of awareness.

and for some time i have this thinking, that if u look at nature: nature is sometimes very wasteful, effective but wasteful.
a tree looses its leaves every year. in terms of efficiency this seems pretty bad, but cause the lost leaves don't harm the tree and maybe even are recycled to enrich the soil beyond the tree, its just a perfect circle.

so i see humans also just as some leaves which live and die, and then come new leaves. not in the sense of reincarnation - just new different leaves.

but its understandable that the brain has problems to justify this lack of a higher purpose, so we create reasons to give us meaning. its for many people just the easier way. so they can live better, believing in some defined purpose instead of finding their own purpose. makes also in other term like control of masses etc sense, but that would lead too far.

also historical seen it makes sense to me.
humans once thought, the earth is the center of the world. and anybody who spoke against this, was punished for it. since science developed more and more, it becomes more and more clear, that we are just an irrelevant piece of dust in the vastness of the universe.
but that might clearly not very comforting for many and is surely a bitter pill to swallow ^^

sorry if i might came offtopic at some point, but for me somehow its all connected.

D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
You should take some SN with you to your grave when you ctb, just in case there is afterlife, and it sucks too...

But in serious note, nah I dont believe, and dont really care

Last edited:
Reactions: DocNo
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
You should take some SN with you to your grave when you ctb, just in case there is afterlife, and they suck too...

lol. good one. hopefully the guys who make it into afterlife have a stomach :D

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
not really i just want out of this one

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
You should take some SN with you to your grave when you ctb, just in case there is afterlife, and it sucks too...

But in serious note, nah I dont believe, and dont really care

you don't think there's any afterlife?

D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
you don't think there's any afterlife?
No, I really dont think there is. But why are you worried? are you religious? or have been in the past? This is usually a religious thing.
I admit that I come from a religious family, and I myself left religion few years ago. It's not that I have something against religious, I just dont care anymore, I guess Im agnostic. So I dont really know if there is god or afterlife or whatever, I just think there arent. But honestly I dont give a sh*t. Seriously this is the last thing on my mind