J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
So, I came across this method while browsing the internet. Diphenhydramine, in it's pure form is not available in my country, it is usually mixed with paracetamol, but Dimenhydrinate is. Dimenhydrinate is basically the combination of two salts namely diphenhydramine and 8-chlorotheophylline. Diphenhydramine being the main toxic ingredient.

Some of the pros of Dimenhydrinate:
- It's over-the-counter
- It's lethal
- It's available in syrup form, tastes good (no need to ingest bitter tasting crushed tablets suspension)
- It produces euphoria when taken in large quantities, for this reason it is used for recreation purposes, so I guess the side effects wouldn't be bad.

Minimum Lethal Dosages according to some sources
- 2.5 g
- 1.65 g
- 5 g
- 4 g
- 25 mg/kg

If I use this method, I would take the highest possible dose, which is 5 g, just to be sure.

My question is,

Why isn't this more popular? It's OTC, It's Lethal, Is there something wrong with this? Isn't it reliable?

Reactions: Jewels, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
It's not peaceful.. lot of side effects.

Here a list of some possible symptoms of an overdose:

• Blurred vision
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Enlarged pupils and dry eyes
  • Low blood pressure
  • Rapid heartbeat
  • Agitation
  • Seizures
  • Confusion
  • Nervousness
  • Tremors
  • Delirium
  • Hallucinations
  • Dry, itchy, red skin,Nausea,Vomiting,Inability to urine
  • Source: internet,quora

Reactions: Jewels, Deafsn0w, Bluedew and 2 others
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Are you possible thinking of DXM? Dextromethorphan? That's typically found in syrup and is used recreationally.

J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
Are you possible thinking of DXM? Dextromethorphan? That's typically found in syrup and is used recreationally.

No, DXM(slang=robo) is a cough suppressant, it's found in Cough Syrups...I am talking about Dimenhydrinate(slang=drama), a motion sickness syrup...

J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
It's not peaceful.. lot of side effects.

Here a list of some possible symptoms of an overdose:

• Blurred vision
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Enlarged pupils and dry eyes
  • Low blood pressure
  • Rapid heartbeat
  • Agitation
  • Seizures
  • Confusion
  • Nervousness
  • Tremors
  • Delirium
  • Hallucinations
  • Dry, itchy, red skin,Nausea,Vomiting,Inability to urine
  • Source: internet,quora

Isn't Diphenhydramine a strong sedative? Wouldn't I be knocked out cold, to feel any of these symptoms? Also, If I mix it with benzo, to induce a deep sleep...midazolam is pretty quick...it knocks you out in 5-10 mins...i wouldn't feel anything that way...wouldn't it make it peaceful?

Reactions: Jewels, Deafsn0w, Bluedew and 3 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Isn't Diphenhydramine a strong sedative? Wouldn't I be knocked out cold, to feel any of these symptoms? Also, If I mix it with benzo, to induce a deep sleep...midazolam is pretty quick...it knocks you out in 5-10 mins...i wouldn't feel anything that way...wouldn't it make it peaceful?

I don't know if diphenhydramine sedates you enough for that. Adding benzos seems like a good idea.. but I don't know how reliable.. don't take my word for it. Hope someone clears this up

R

Rsuicidal

Student
Dec 12, 2018
For me personally taking up to three unsure of mg per tablet, is a recipe for anxiety and near jitters. Where as one will have me drowsy as is normal.

Reactions: Jewels, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
To those who are confused: Diphenhydramine is Benadryl.

And yes it can kill you, my best friend took a costco sized bottle of the stuff and died. I don't know how peaceful her death was though.

Reactions: Donewith_, Jewels, Deafsn0w and 3 others
R

RogueJuliet

Oct 23, 2018
DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD.

I attempted suicide sometime between 2005-2010 with duphenhydramine, and it was awful.

After looking up the lethal dosage for the drug, I consumed roughly an entire bottle (100, I think) of 25 mg caplets. I was severely underweight at the time (about 85 lbs) due to some not-so-mild anorexia, so well exceeded the alleged minimum lethal dose of 25 mg per kg.

I had a nasty bout of insomnia at the time, so I started with a couple of gelcaps that were marketed as a sleep aid. I was originally just trying to get some rest, after all. Some time later... Maybe 20 minutes? I started taking more, because the first ones didn't work. Waited a little longer and took (a handfu more. At some point, wanting to get to sleep turned into wanting to sleep forever. I finished off the bottle and went to bed, expending to be dragged down peacefully into unconsciousness and (eventually) death.

The thing about dyphenhydramine overdose is that you don't pass out. Ever. You hallucinate. Your heart rate changes. Your entire body itches down to the bone. That feeling you get when your foot slips and you realize you're about to hit the ground? The hollow, weightless body-panic will be your companion for the whole thing. You'll start to feel like you're passing out, only for your body to spasm and jerk you awake again.

The entire room was rocking back and forth like a ship at sea. I couldn't keep my balance without clinging to the walls, and even *that* felt precarious. It was uncomfortable enough that I tried to make myself vomit but nothing came up. I remember feeling like I had consumed too much caffeine. I stayed awake, in delirium and agony, until well after sunrise.

I have since been informed that the hallucinogenic dose of diphenhydramine is very close to a lethal one. Most likely, I almost died that night. I wish I had. Still, I do not recommend this.

Reactions: PrincessInWhite, sif, Donewith_ and 5 others
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
I regularily use diphenhydramine to help me fall asleep & also used it recreationally a few times. Any dose above 600mg would give me strong (often uncomfortable) hallucinations. Most people hallucinate bugs crawling on the walls or on your skin. A lethal overdose would be incredibly uncomfortable I imagine.

Reactions: sif, Jewels and Deafsn0w
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I wished this worked. I have a bottle of 300 and another med with pain killers in it, about 80 of them. But I know it won't work because they wouldn't be legal if it did and I've read too much about it being horrible. I think the ones who have succeeded off this method probably went through a lot of anguish.

Reactions: sif and Jewels