Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Ukraine is waiving visa restrictions and allowing anyone from any country who wants to join the fight in. Would be such a badass way to go. They only want people with military training though, which makes sense. They don't want to babysit a loser like me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RABITIA, Arvinneedstodie, lobster salad and 16 others
RetroChaos

RetroChaos

Still heartbroken.
Dec 21, 2021
I keep thinking the exact same thing

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RABITIA, I should go, Depressed Cat and 4 others
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Ukraine is waiving visa restrictions and allowing anyone from any country who wants to join the fight in. Would be such a badass way to go. They only want people with military training though, which makes sense. They don't want to babysit a loser like me.
Thats an interesting idea. However, I think there will be consequences for foreigners participating in the war. If, God forbid, a foreigner gets captured or worse, they might be able to recover visas or identify the nationality, then the volunteer's nation could be grounds for participation in the war then it might turn into a multi-national war then into a global scale. As much as I want to end my suffering quickly and make myself useful at the same time, I dont think I can fathom dragging my country into my troubles or worse be part of such dangerous consequences.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: lobster salad, DontplayGod, shrek34 and 7 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
If I had Military experience and I was strong enough I would go over there in a heart beat. It would be a good feeling to die in a blaze of glory. Or maybe I have been watching too many war movies. šŸ¤”

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, I should go, RN12 and 7 others
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Thats an interesting idea. However, I think there will be consequences for foreigners participating in the war. If, God forbid, a foreigner gets captured or worse, they might be able to recover visas or identify the nationality, then the volunteer's nation could be grounds for participation in the war then it might turn into a multi-national war then into a global scale. As much as I want to end my suffering quickly and make myself useful at the same time, I dont think I can fathom dragging my country into my troubles or worse be part of such dangerous consequences.
Eh Russia already know some uk citizens are there joining in the fight, they haven't treated that as the uk declaring war
You could also be severely injured and live or unharmed with worse phycological torture then you have now and your suicidal mind set could also end up getting other people killed... I would not recommend this as a suicide method.

• Hugs
Reactions: shrek34, cyanol, birbenjoyer and 5 others
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
I have been considering this too, but realistically it seems difficult if not impossibe to pull off. Given that my health means my expiration date is coming up in any case, this would be a better way to go out than the alternative. But poor health also makes long distance travel difficult.

A battalion of terminally ill suicide bombers might slow down an armored column or two, though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KimKevorkian, Depressed Cat, alexit and 1 other person
GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
Reminds me of a book I had to read at school during my GCSE's. It was called Heroes written by Robert Cormier.

It's about a young French man who goes through a traumatic event that makes him suicidal.
He conscripts for the army when WWII breaks out so he can purposely get himself killed in battle without bringing shame on his religious family by committing suicide.

It a really good read, I recommend it!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: shrek34, Depressed Cat, g0921 and 3 others
R

raghu1977

Nerd
Jan 29, 2022
I am actually seriously considering going to Ukraine and volunteering.

My military experience is pretty dated and wasn't really all that great. I was just a shitty infantryman. No exposure to all those hi-tech gadgets and gizmos šŸ˜³

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: shrek34, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
Blacklight

Blacklight

Jan 3, 2022
I saw something earlier about them offering $2k a day

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, alexit and Huntfish34
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
Nah N is better. War isn't instant death guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination. It is horribly uncomfortable, sweaty, awkward and hellish.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Life interrupted, OldDrummer and 8 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
SANCTIONED SUICIDE DOT ORG USERS: I've heard n tastes bad, like is there any way l can mitigate it, should l use a straw, should l glaze my tongue in honey, what if l get bellyache, what happens if l take my antiemetics half an hour too early, will this mean l have to abort, will l also have bad dreams, also has anyone pissed the bed, that'd be embarrassing imo

ALSO SANCTIONED SUICIDE DOT ORG USERS: I'm going to enlist to fight the Russian army, sure they'll possibly maim me and l may end up losing a limb surviving with my face shot off or l return home a vegetable or even with very complex ptsd but worth the risk imo for the possibility of being taken out by a sniper headshot as I'm tying my shoelaces

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: HadItAll, I should go, VoidDesirer22 and 23 others
R

raghu1977

Nerd
Jan 29, 2022
They haven't... yet.
What are they going to do about it? Invade Britain?

They can't supply their troops right on their doorstep. It will be hilarious trying to first land troops in Britain and then supply them.

• Hugs
Reactions: shrek34 and Depressed Cat
Danny942

Danny942

Feb 27, 2022

They can't supply their troops right on their doorstep. It will be hilarious trying to first land troops in Britain and then supply them.
Not so hilarious. Have you heard of the airplane? Or the missle?

Reactions: RetroChaos
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021

Think of the bigger picture. It doesnt have to be or its not only invasion you know.

• Yay!
Reactions: Tackingintothewind
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I mean, it's got a certain romantic panache to itā€”right until you're waist-deep in mud and the shelling starts. Not only would you have to have military experience, you'd probably want to know something about the language. Like what "duck" is in Ukrainianā€¦

Reactions: shrek34
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
If, God forbid, a foreigner gets captured or worse, they might be able to recover visas or identify the nationality, then the volunteer's nation could be grounds for participation in the war then it might turn into a multi-national war then into a global scale. As much as I want to end my suffering quickly and make myself useful at the same time, I dont think I can fathom dragging my country into my troubles or worse be part of such dangerous consequences.

:pfff:

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I am actually seriously considering going to Ukraine and volunteering.

My military experience is pretty dated and wasn't really all that great. I was just a shitty infantryman. No exposure to all those hi-tech gadgets and gizmos šŸ˜³
Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become your own villain.
I mean, it's got a certain romantic panache to itā€”right until you're waist-deep in mud and the shelling starts. Not only would you have to have military experience, you'd probably want to know something about the language. Like what "duck" is in Ukrainianā€¦
I actually speak some Russian. Can definitely read Cyrillic but really English is very popular. I guarantee you English speakers can be led.
the possibility of being taken out by a sniper headshot as I'm tying my shoelaces
Living the dream
uk citizens are there joining in the fight
I didn't know that. Wow
You could also be severely injured and live or unharmed with worse phycological torture
You could off yourself with the gun. Or commit suicide by Russian troop. That's more what I had in mind. I have no pretenses of actually being effective soldier other than throwing my body as an armed projectile.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Depressed Cat and Al Cappella
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I didn't know that. Wow
People from the USA have been over there fighting since 2014.

A lot of them are far right, white nationalists, who are over there fighting because they believe they are gaining combat experience to come back here and fight what they believe is going to be a civil war or a race war, I watched a nat geo documentary about it. They interviewed a man who is a wanted criminal in California, who lives is Ukraine and he goes around promoting white nationalism and toxic masculinity. Good riddance, I hope these people die in the mud.

Reactions: AnnyMyr
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
SANCTIONED SUICIDE DOT ORG USERS: I've heard n tastes bad, like is there any way l can mitigate it, should l use a straw, should l glaze my tongue in honey, what if l get bellyache, what happens if l take my antiemetics half an hour too early, will this mean l have to abort, will l also have bad dreams, also has anyone pissed the bed, that'd be embarrassing imo

ALSO SANCTIONED SUICIDE DOT ORG USERS: I'm going to enlist to fight the Russian army, sure they'll possibly maim me and l may end up losing a limb surviving with my face shot off or l return home a vegetable or even with very complex ptsd but worth the risk imo for the possibility of being taken out by a sniper headshot as I'm tying my shoelaces
With as many users as there are on here, I suspect there is more than one who may be qualified to fight. Though the Ukrainian army is unlikely to be recruiting suicidal volunteers for a number of obvious reasons.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, cyanol and Depressed Cat
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
With as many users as there are on here, I suspect there is more than one who may be qualified to fight. Though the Ukrainian army is unlikely to be recruiting suicidal volunteers for a number of obvious reasons.
They will surely weed out weaklings but you act like there aren't soldiers in a war without a death wish. If you have battle competency then that's enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Though the Ukrainian army is unlikely to be recruiting suicidal volunteers for a number of obvious reasons.
Not to be gross, but individualsā€”civiliansā€”willing to blow themselves up can be a rather effective weaponā€¦

Reactions: ihatemylife and YourNeighbor
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
They will surely weed out weaklings but you act like there aren't soldiers in a war without a death wish. If you have battle competency then that's enough.
I know precisely nothing about military service, but would imagine someone with a death wish would be more of a liability risk to a fighting unit than an asset, if only because of a lack of reliability.

My pipe-dream-never-gonna-happen scenario entailed more of a lone actor situation. Dollars go a long way in Ukraine, it's probably not impossible to travel there now and purchase a Kalashnikov, perhaps a Lada full of explosives...the rest could write itself. That would also take the kind of guts I don't have. Hence the pipe dream status.
Not to be gross, but individualsā€”civiliansā€”willing to blow themselves up can be a rather effective weaponā€¦
It's all about context. This is a suicide forum, after all, and taking out Russians who are terrorizing innocents would be a much better death than most discussed here. Feasibility, on the other hand, and the required courage...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Depressed Cat and Al Cappella
L

lonleycrowdedwest

im so dumb i misspelled lonely
Aug 16, 2021
my biggest issue with this is being forced to shoot at/kill other people. This war is obviously bullshit and for the betterment of no one. If i were to kill a chechnian mercenary or god forbid a conscripted Russian soldier I don't know if i could kill myself after that. Feels like a cop out from the guilt. Sanctioned murder is murder nonetheless.

Reactions: GentleJerk
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
my biggest issue with this is being forced to shoot at/kill other people. This war is obviously bullshit and for the betterment of no one. If i were to kill a chechnian mercenary or god forbid a conscripted Russian soldier I don't know if i could kill myself after that. Feels like a cop out from the guilt. Sanctioned murder is murder nonetheless.
True. Simple answer is that kind of work is not suited for you. Best you find another form of volunteer work if you want to help.

L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
True. Simple answer is that kind of work is not suited for you. Best you find another form of volunteer work if you want to help.
Good point, but i think war in itself is terrible, unless you are drafted or are impoverished and see the military as a way out, going to war is a moral wrong regardless or whos side you are on. However, some brave people are willing to accept the pain of both physical risk and shooting at other kids. Its a very morally grey area and i feel very bad for the soldiers on all sides, even though i pray Ukraine keeps its independence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: noaccount, Depressed Cat and Chiisai
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
that's ok

L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
that's ok
I agree that Ukraine should defend its independence, but i think you would agree that war is so gross. I feel so bad for every soldier risking their lives and possibly killing another human for some bullshit. If i were drafted in a way i would immediately either shoot myself or face the jail time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I agree that Ukraine should defend its independence, but i think you would agree that war is so gross. I feel so bad for every soldier risking their lives and possibly killing another human for some bullshit. If i were drafted in a way i would immediately either shoot myself or face the jail time.
my whole point is, not to be taken too seriously at least for me since I'm not a good for, this as a method. Would I do it if I could, i'd seriously consider it.

L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
my whole point is, not to be taken too seriously at least for me since I'm not a good for, this as a method. Would I do it if I could, i'd seriously consider it.
Ah fair enough. I dont like firearms as a method of ctb unless for sure its aimed at the center of my skull. Too afraid of permanent disablilty/disfigurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.