• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
As i was suicidal, and my parents called the cops on me, well not directly the cops, but the cops came too, they treated me like i was a potential murderer. They treated me like i was a criminal, and not just a thief, but a real dangerous criminal. I did not want to go to the psychiatric hospital, so they wrestled me to the ground as i resisted. Only after maybe half a hour or a hour they managed to handcuff me, and they needed 4 man to handcuff me. Because i just didnt want to go to the psychiatric hospital. Was anyone else treated like a criminal by the police? Was anyone else handcuffed, and wrestled to the ground? And generelly treated like a dangerous criminal? Why are suicidal people treated like murderers? Switzerland, is where i life, and here the hospitalization rate into psychiatric hospitals is generally high. Suicidal people arent treated very well here.

Last edited:
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I wasn't taken care of that badly, they only brought me home from the railway track and one officer said that he thought I was egocentric for trying it there. I replied saying something like yes I am but I don't care. The other young dude in his 20s was very nice and polite. He asked me why I wanted to do that. I just said something among the lines of my life is worth nothing. I cannot complain really.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I wasn't taken care of that badly, they only brought me home from the railway track and one officer said that he thought I was egocentric for trying it there. I replied saying something like yes I am but I don't care. The other young dude in his 20s was very nice and polite. He asked me why I wanted to do that. I just said something among the lines of my life is worth nothing. I cannot complain really.

Maybe they tought i could be a danger for others? Probably. Thats why they treated me so bad. They didnt want to risk anything.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I am sorry to hear that..that is terrible.

The thing is my dad threatened several times to call the police, because i wanted to die. Of course i begged him not to do it. It escalated only because he threatened to call the police. I tried to stop him, but of course, it didnt work. Then when the police threatened me either i go with them, or i will be handcuffed. I refused, hoping they shoot me. Yes i wanted to die very badly in that sitution, and if the police kills me, well atleast it wasnt suicide. I will never forgive my dad for calling the police because i was suicidal. And i will never make the mistake again saying that i want to die. Never.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: KiraComplex
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
The thing is my dad threatened several times to call the police, because i wanted to die. Of course i begged him not to do it. It escalated only because he threatened to call the police. I tried to stop him, but of course, it didnt work. Then when the police threatened me either i go with them, or i will be handcuffed. I refused, hoping they shoot me. Yes i wanted to die very badly in that sitution, and if the police kills me, well atleast it wasnt suicide. I will never forgive my dad for calling the police because i was suicidal. And i will never make the mistake again saying that i want to die. Never.
Thats really bad.. sorry you were treated like that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Thats abuse. Why should you tolerate it? Isn't moving out a option for you?

He doesnt do it anymore. Besides, beating is actually quite common. Doesnt matter if its illegal or not. I think in certain circumstances i would beat my child too if i had one.

• Wow
Reactions: Lara Francis
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
He doesnt do it anymore. Besides, beating is actually quite common. Doesnt matter if its illegal or not. I think in certain circumstances i would beat my child too if i had one.
How can 'beating' be a common thing? You mean .. in your country?
Its not ok to beat kids.
I was physically abused as a kid. I was beaten, used to get kicked literally by my dad when i was 11. It really messed me up in a nice way.. whatever the reason may be.. you can't do like that. Even being a shy kid, i used to cry like a toddler everyday unable to bear the pain.. explaining it to my friends. Some other people used to see it too.. some used to laugh behind my back. After a while..my friend told me to not cry..and that some crap is happening behind my back. Thats when i learnt to shut my mouth. Some teachers used to laugh too.. they thought laughing is more fun than helping a kid. I was struggling with many things at that time in my life.. it was terrible.
Its sad that.. beating kids is a acceptable thing in society ..it really messes them up.

A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
There was an article in the L.A. Times about police no longer responding to suicide calls.

Reactions: HGL91
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
How can 'beating' be a common thing? You mean .. in your country?
Its not ok to beat kids.
I was physically abused as a kid. I was beaten, used to get kicked literally by my dad when i was 11. It really messed me up in a nice way.. whatever the reason may be.. you can't do like that. Even being a shy kid, i used to cry like a toddler everyday unable to bear the pain.. explaining it to my friends. Some other people used to see it too.. some used to laugh behind my back. After a while..my friend told me to not cry..and that some crap is happening behind my back. Thats when i learnt to shut my mouth. Some teachers used to laugh too.. they thought laughing is more fun than helping a kid. I was struggling with many things at that time in my life.. it was terrible.
Its sad that.. beating kids is a acceptable thing in society ..it really messes them up.

Is this why i have become more cynical, and sadistic? To cope with so much violence in society?

D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Is this why i have become more cynical, and sadistic? To cope with so much violence in society?
You may not be sadistic. You may be just just thinking about yourself that way. I think.. since thats what you have faced, saw growing up.. you get the impression it is ok. But,as a adult you can know , change views.
I don't know..for me, i get triggered when i see violence. And i can't trust people easily.
But, it'll have some effect on you.. if exposed to it for along time.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
You may not be sadistic. You may be just just thinking about yourself that way. I think.. since thats what you have faced, saw growing up.. you get the impression it is ok. But,as a adult you can know , change views.
I don't know..for me, i get triggered when i see violence. And i can't trust people easily.
But, it'll have some effect on you.. if exposed to it for along time.

No im sadistic sometimes. Especially if im angry.

D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
I felt i was sadistic sometimes..
Beacuse of some of my thoughts.. but those thoughts were .. the result of someone emotionally abusing me severely.
Its better for me to not think about it again.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I felt i was sadistic sometimes..
Beacuse of some of my thoughts.. but those thoughts were .. the result of someone emotionally abusing me severely.
Its better for me to not think about it again.

I mean i have sometimes violent toughts.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
About 20 years ago I was at the stage of suicide, and had a knife doing self harm, cutting my arms and legs. Friend of mine had come in unaware of what was going on. Once he seen the blood, the knife, the tears, and the look of emptiness, he knew it was coming.

He called for help. As he was walking around the room on the phone, I sat there with knife bouncing on my leg, putting small cuts. He walked around room and at the last instant, he wrapped his hand around the blade of the knife and yanked it from my hand.

5 minutes later(give or take), they were there, police and ambulance. The ambulance treated my wounds and bandaged me up, then drove away. The police hung around a little longer.

I see more flashing lights coming and it's a fucking paddy wagon. Cop then tells me to put my hands behind my back, and that's when all hell broke loose. I fought like a bitch who was all pumped up on meth.

They finally subdued me and threw me in the wagon. While laying on the floor, the cop asked me what the fuck that was all about, that they were just taking me to the psychiatric unit at the hospital.

Needless to say, that was my 3rd time as a psychiatric hospital inmate, and have been in and out of them about 10 times since then.

So as far as being treated like a hardened criminal, yes. That was the only time I was cuffed and put in a police vehicle, instead of an ambulance.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
About 20 years ago I was at the stage of suicide, and had a knife doing self harm, cutting my arms and legs. Friend of mine had come in unaware of what was going on. Once he seen the blood, the knife, the tears, and the look of emptiness, he knew it was coming.

He called for help. As he was walking around the room on the phone, I sat there with knife bouncing on my leg, putting small cuts. He walked around room and at the last instant, he wrapped his hand around the blade of the knife and yanked it from my hand.

5 minutes later(give or take), they were there, police and ambulance. The ambulance treated my wounds and bandaged me up, then drove away. The police hung around a little longer.

I see more flashing lights coming and it's a fucking paddy wagon. Cop then tells me to put my hands behind my back, and that's when all hell broke loose. I fought like a bitch who was all pumped up on meth.

They finally subdued me and threw me in the wagon. While laying on the floor, the cop asked me what the fuck that was all about, that they were just taking me to the psychiatric unit at the hospital.

Needless to say, that was my 3rd time as a psychiatric hospital inmate, and have been in and out of them about 10 times since then.

So as far as being treated like a hardened criminal, yes. That was the only time I was cuffed and put in a police vehicle, instead of an ambulance.

The problem of fighting back is that its futile, no matter how strong you are, they have more than enough people. and if you are not in the us it is unlikely they will use deadly weapons, ever. but it could happen that youre deemed dangerous, and never ever be released. you dont want that. A lifetime in a psychiatric hospital is probably worse than jail.

Reactions: TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While I never had an encounter like that, I have read numerous stories in the news and on Reddit about the mistreatment of suicidal people, not necessarily people have committed any crimes to begin with. :angry: It is one of the most fucked up things in society, someone who has initially committed zero crimes done nothing wrong and yet their freedom, civil liberties are violated just because they don't want to live in this (fucked up) world anymore. Hell, I would even say that a petty criminal is treated better by law enforcement than someone who is suicidal. They at least have more legal rights and aren't treated like an animal nor dangerous criminal.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
There was an article in the L.A. Times about police no longer responding to suicide calls.

Yeah. They're afraid of people wanting to do suicide by cop. It's a very tricky subject...

On one hand, I know family members of the suicidal must be traumatized asking for help from the police and not receiving it, but on the other hand, cops are humans too and I can imagine it's super traumatizing to shoot someone who wants to die.

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Yeah. They're afraid of people wanting to do suicide by cop. It's a very tricky subject...

On one hand, I know family members of the suicidal must be traumatized asking for help from the police and not receiving it, but on the other hand, cops are humans too and I can imagine it's super traumatizing to shoot someone who wants to die.

Of course they are human too, but cops arent necessarily your friend.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Not the police but I vividly remember the look on the nurses face in the hospital while she was dealing with me. I asked something along the lines of "why is this happening" and the way she turned around and spat out "you don't care about your life, so why should I?" Still makes me angry/ashamed.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Not the police but I vividly remember the look on the nurses face in the hospital while she was dealing with me. I asked something along the lines of "why is this happening" and the way she turned around and spat out "you don't care about your life, so why should I?" Still makes me angry/ashamed.

The nurses were actually very nice to me in the psychiatric hospital, but still, it felt like a prison, with nice people atleast. This is important, psychiatric nurses should have atleast a little empathy. They were so nice there that i didnt want to die anymore, for a short time atleast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lara Francis
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Both times the police were nice to my face, but my bf told me after the second time. Whilst I was missing that one of the policemen and my bf were discussing how I should get a job to distract me then il be better.

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91 and Baskol1
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Ex-therapist called cops on me. Came into my house with guns drawn. Handcuffed me and dragged me to the emergency room. I got a bill yesterday for $400.