• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I got diagnosed with persistent depressive disorder also known as dysthymia. I was also diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder, she said I was a one and a half. In between 1 and 2.

I still have generalized anxiety disorder. But apparently my social anxiety isn't necessarily a disorder but is tied to my ASD and depression.

so pretty much what I learned now is that part of my anxiety is caused by something I can't cure or control.

But on the bright side I can at least control the other part and work on the depression to lessen it. Although my depression seems to be tied to my ASD as well.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hi @AutoTap are you relieved to have a diagnosis or how is it feeling to have one?

I just wanted to say I read what you wrote.

I have a friend with autism who gets anxiety linked to his autism.

I just wanted to say hello and send you good wishes.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Hi @AutoTap are you relieved to have a diagnosis or how is it feeling to have one?

I just wanted to say I read what you wrote.

I have a friend with autism who gets anxiety linked to his autism.

I just wanted to say hello and send you good wishes.
I do feel relieved as many things make sense now. Thanks for the good wishes :-)

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
It's good that you got a diagnosis, and it sounds like you agree with it since you recognise symptoms are caused by it.
I hope that your life can become a bit easier now you have an explanation

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
It's good that you got a diagnosis, and it sounds like you agree with it since you recognise symptoms are caused by it.
I hope that your life can become a bit easier now you have an explanation
Yep, me too. It gives me a little bit more hope to keep trying with recovery. Hopefully my parents will be more accepting and stuff that I'm not just not trying/lazy etc

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
Hopefully my parents will be more accepting and stuff that I'm not just not trying/lazy
It is so hard when people think this of you, it's like they think you enjoy feeling that way. I hope that they are easier on you and can learn more about ASD themselves so they can support you.

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Im happy for you! My older brother is autistic and functioning like you and he also had a depressive disorder. Eventually after getting diagnosed and working on recovery he is pretty happy now i'd say. Instead of being embarassed about his interests he is open about it, he has 4 close friends, potential partners now that that his self esteem is up. Only issue is he is nervous to say yes to their advances. Right now you have opened the gate to your recovery and now you begin the trek. What are your next steps if I may ask?

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Im happy for you! My older brother is autistic and functioning like you and he also had a depressive disorder. Eventually after getting diagnosed and working on recovery he is pretty happy now i'd say. Instead of being embarassed about his interests he is open about it, he has 4 close friends, potential partners now that that his self esteem is up. Only issue is he is nervous to say yes to their advances. Right now you have opened the gate to your recovery and now you begin the trek. What are your next steps if I may ask?
I'm starting therapy with a new therapist as my last one was not good. I'm also going to be doing gene sight testing to see if it will help me find meds that will work better for me.

Reactions: issyishere