• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Globally, there are 24 million people with schizophrenia or 1 out of 300 individuals in every country. This amounts to 0.32% of the worldwide population.

What is the evidence on worldwide prevalence of bipolar disorder? Moderate to high quality evidence suggests the lifetime worldwide prevalence of bipolar disorder is around 1% thats 80 million people, and the one-year prevalence is around 0.5%.

How many people have autism? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1% of the world's population has autism spectrum disorder – over 75,000,000 people. That may be a large number, but autism spectrum disorder (ASD) features a wide range of symptoms and levels of severity.

ADHD is estimated to affect around 5% of children thats 400 million and 2.5% of adults worldwide 200 million, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

What percentage of people have depression? Depression is common. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 280 million people worldwide have depression, including 5% of the world's adults and 5.7% of adults above age 60.

Worldwide: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the world. Roughly 301 million people, an estimated 4% of the global population, have an anxiety disorder . Age group: One survey found that young people are more likely to experience symptoms of anxiety than older adults
I'm so incredibly happy for the people who were blessed to have a lifetime without mental illness.

I'll take the bullet so they don't have to #notallheroswearcapes

Seriously though these numbers are astonishing and reflect poorly on our culture's mental health & emotional literacy. Something that ought to be taught religiously in early childhood classrooms
16% of the world's population has a mental disorder? I think that percentage is greatly underestimated.
That's current mental illness. Certain manifestations of mental illness, especially less severe cases and those identified from an early age + given proper supports, do go away. Other people experience it for life. It varies from illness to illness and person to person.

I think it's around 25% of people who experience a mental illness in their lifetime.

Source: degree in psychology

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez
RosesFlourish

RosesFlourish

There’s a chance I could make it
Feb 16, 2024
I still find it hard to believe that it had any effect on people. It obviously did, but I just don't understand how. Especially in my country. We never had a big lockdown or anything. You could still meet with people, go to work, etc. and yet they say it "ruined their lives" or they "suffered".
Honestly, if Corona had such a big effect on them, I don't even want to imagine what something like war would do to those people.
Oh man. It was pretty bad in the US. We had a complete lockdown that lasted 3-4 weeks, lots of people out of a job or cut hours… it really hurt the first time I had to put rent on my credit card when I completely lost my full time catering job and my second cut my hours in half. Took me two years to pay off debt due to COVID.