• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Globally, there are 24 million people with schizophrenia or 1 out of 300 individuals in every country. This amounts to 0.32% of the worldwide population.

What is the evidence on worldwide prevalence of bipolar disorder? Moderate to high quality evidence suggests the lifetime worldwide prevalence of bipolar disorder is around 1% thats 80 million people, and the one-year prevalence is around 0.5%.

How many people have autism? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1% of the world's population has autism spectrum disorder – over 75,000,000 people. That may be a large number, but autism spectrum disorder (ASD) features a wide range of symptoms and levels of severity.

ADHD is estimated to affect around 5% of children thats 400 million and 2.5% of adults worldwide 200 million, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

What percentage of people have depression? Depression is common. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 280 million people worldwide have depression, including 5% of the world's adults and 5.7% of adults above age 60.

Worldwide: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the world. Roughly 301 million people, an estimated 4% of the global population, have an anxiety disorder . Age group: One survey found that young people are more likely to experience symptoms of anxiety than older adults

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I'm sure the percentage would be much higher if we took into account people with undiagnosed mental disorders.

In the third world, it's sometimes difficult to access mental health services, especially in small towns where people don't believe in psychology.

Take me as an example. I had to wait more than 20 years to realize I had a mental disorder (ADHD). My parents never believed I had ADHD, despite it significantly affecting my life.

Just as I went 20 years without knowing I had a mental disorder, there are people who may be over 50 and don't know they have a mental disorder. But of course, in the third world, it's easier to label someone as "useless" than to diagnose them with a mental disorder.

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I'm sure the percentage would be much higher if we took into account people with undiagnosed mental disorders.

In the third world, it's sometimes difficult to access mental health services, especially in small towns where people don't believe in psychology.

Take me as an example. I had to wait more than 20 years to realize I had a mental disorder (ADHD). My parents never believed I had ADHD, despite it significantly affecting my life.

Just as I went 20 years without knowing I had a mental disorder, there are people who may be over 50 and don't know they have a mental disorder. But of course, in the third world, it's easier to label someone as "useless" than to diagnose them with a mental disorder.
I agree so many people go undiagnosed especially in third world countries where mental health issues are taboo.
Unfortunately people who have mental disorders are looked down upon so no one wants to got to a psychiatrist much less talk to someone about what they're feeling.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Like physical disabilities, I think its not important to say all who suffer with mental ill health suffer.

Many people accept the fact and make the most of life. Only disorders like depression and stress really directly trigger the desire to CTB.

Reactions: davidtorez
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Everyone is fooling themselves in some small way, so I'm willing to argue that 100% of all life experiences some form of mental disorder.

The term disorder can be simplified to "a list or collection that is out of order". That doesn't mean it doesn't function or is broken.

Take software for example, because the code is sloppy and out of order the program glitches sometimes but is otherwise capable.

Same is true for all of us, I'm sure everyone here has had a brief moment where they felt "alright". Problem is, a lot of people don't have those moments very often so it feels like they're never "alright".

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The situation deteriorates when we account for dark triad disorders disproportionately afflicting people in leadership positions that affect the entire world (e.g. Sackler). It was worse last century; what percentage of people under Joseph Stalin were mentally unhealthy, and how many of them were diagnosed? A lot of conditions weren't even recognised mere decades ago.

Even today, there's also the effect of modern social media and the wider political climate which is all trending towards escalating conflict over unsurmountable ecological and economic hardships. And at best, people function as working drones whose 'inner child' was snuffed out long ago by the taxpayer factory that is school.

I think it trends towards 100% also, and the few who are sane appear crazy themselves.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Chemicals, the food, the environment, etc, it all effects the body, all effects the mind.

Then social media, politics, changing relationship dynamics, etc.

It's likely much higher accounting for communities that don't believe/shame psychological evaluations. Also the people who don't get evaluated or aren't bad enough to warrant that. It's clear mental health has been on a decline, with physical health in some cases, despite "everything gets better" with us living in "modern times".

So many people suffering, so many people literally going insane, quickly, slowly, it's painful. Not to mention It'll only gonna get worse in our lifetimes ) : .

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you regard religious belief as a mental illness - and I do - then probably 80% or more of the world's population is mentally ill. (I so regard it because it seems to me that having an unshakeable belief in utterly improbable claims on the basis of no evidence whatever is pretty much the definition of a delusion.) You don't have to agree with me on that particular point, but it should be obvious that what counts as "mental illness" depends very much on the person who is labelling others as mentally ill. I don't know any good, objective definition of "mental illness", and that fact makes me rather wary of the whole concept.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
The situation deteriorates when we account for dark triad disorders disproportionately afflicting people in leadership positions that affect the entire world (e.g. Sackler). It was worse last century; what percentage of people under Joseph Stalin were mentally unhealthy, and how many of them were diagnosed? A lot of conditions weren't even recognised mere decades ago.

Even today, there's also the effect of modern social media and the wider political climate which is all trending towards escalating conflict over unsurmountable ecological and economic hardships. And at best, people function as working drones whose 'inner child' was snuffed out long ago by the taxpayer factory that is school.

I think it trends towards 100% also, and the few who are sane appear crazy themselves.
Why do you think a lot of us just opt of of working, seeing people, interacting, etc. Even conversations with normies is draining.

Problem with dark triad I have no idea how to spot it or deal with it. I've probably encountered a few in 30+ years but the autism is a blind spot.

I've had to completely withdraw. My only interactions are at the animal sanctuary, my dog and feeding the birds who are getting pretty close now as they know it's me refilling the bird feeders.

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
If you regard religious belief as a mental illness - and I do - then probably 80% or more of the world's population is mentally ill. (I so regard it because it seems to me that having an unshakeable belief in utterly improbable claims on the basis of no evidence whatever is pretty much the definition of a delusion.) You don't have to agree with me on that particular point, but it should be obvious that what counts as "mental illness" depends very much on the person who is labelling others as mentally ill. I don't know any good, objective definition of "mental illness", and that fact makes me rather wary of the whole concept.
definitely agree 100 percent

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
You deserve a place in the SaSu hall of fame for this comment alone. I haven't laughed out loud like I am now in months!

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Why do you think a lot of us just opt of of working, seeing people, interacting, etc. Even conversations with normies is draining.

Problem with dark triad I have no idea how to spot it or deal with it. I've probably encountered a few in 30+ years but the autism is a blind spot.

I've had to completely withdraw. My only interactions are at the animal sanctuary, my dog and feeding the birds who are getting pretty close now as they know it's me refilling the bird feeders.
I think it's actually easier for me to spot dark triad people due to my Asperger's/autism. It's like I can see through them and realize how fake they are

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Chemicals, the food, the environment, etc, it all effects the body, all effects the mind.

Then social media, politics, changing relationship dynamics, etc.

It's likely much higher accounting for communities that don't believe/shame psychological evaluations. Also the people who don't get evaluated or aren't bad enough to warrant that. It's clear mental health has been on a decline, with physical health in some cases, despite "everything gets better" with us living in "modern times".

So many people suffering, so many people literally going insane, quickly, slowly, it's painful. Not to mention It'll only gonna get worse in our lifetimes ) : .
This is true. I mentioned this in another thread about the introduction of pesticides and sprays being used on crops and the strange correlation between autism rates. I mean I think spraying harmful chemicals into food sources is going to fuck up the human population, right?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Covid made a LOT of people fucking insane. It made politics and mental health incredibly worse. I think "humanity" has peaked. Some things will get better, some things will get worse.
Why and how do you think that covid made a lot of people insane? How did it make mental health incredibly worse? The only thing it did to me was deteriorate my social skills

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I think it's actually easier for me to spot dark triad people due to my autism. It's like I can see through them and realize how fake they are
I think maybe it's because I've been masking for 3 decades and only recently was getting really bad mentally wise that I've missed things. I can see aspects like wanting attention for social media clout and all that but in public it's hard. Even with people in property - I've met types that I wouldn't want to be near again but there are some that I have a question mark. It's the people who are offline (dealing with property) from my experience who are really hard to analyse.
You deserve a place in the SaSu hall of fame for this comment alone. I haven't laughed out loud like I am now in months!
You know what's a mind-fuck? There are more than 1000 gods. All these religions are going to have to battle royal to see which one is correct lmao.
Why and how do you think that covid made a lot of people insane? How did it make mental health incredibly worse? The only thing it did to me was deteriorate my social skills
I mean it made me get really low. I was treated like a Jew in Nazi Germany when I went to Spain as I wasn't vaccinated but had to do the stupid QR code nonsense. So many questions. Oh and I had an EU passport - didn't make any difference. Dehumanise to the extreme. I had my small pox and measles vaccine - does that count?

Last edited:
RosesFlourish

RosesFlourish

There’s a chance I could make it
Feb 16, 2024
The isolation mostly. Which led to vaccine misinformation, exposure to conspiracy theories, generally exposure to bad media. A lot of people grieved over loved ones who died from Covid. There's been an increase in violence and mental illness as a result. Some people only had social media to interact with in the absence of people. Vsauce on YouTube did an interesting video by staying in a white room all by himself for 72 hours. Granted, he didn't have a phone or any connections to the outside world at all for a while.

Also just realized I can say;
"Jokes on you, I was always in isolation at home!"

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The isolation mostly. Which led to vaccine misinformation, exposure to conspiracy theories, generally exposure to bad media. A lot of people grieved over loved ones who died from Covid. There's been an increase in violence and mental illness as a result. Some people only had social media to interact with in the absence of people. Vsauce on YouTube did an interesting video by staying in a white room all by himself for 72 hours. Granted, he didn't have a phone or any connections to the outside world at all for a while.

Also just realized I can say;
"Jokes on you, I was always in isolation at home!"
Hmm, interesting. I enjoyed the isolation. I don't like talking to or interacting with people irl

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
This is true. I mentioned this in another thread about the introduction of pesticides and sprays being used on crops and the strange correlation between autism rates. I mean I think spraying harmful chemicals into food sources is going to fuck up the human population, right?
Could you share some links/sources to that?

Honestly it's so careless how chemicals/plastics/everything ends up embedded in the environment. You have microplastics doing god-knows-what, and back in the day you had leaded-gas leading to people breathing in aerosolized lead.

Honestly pesticides and other chemicals being used on crops don't get anywhere near the scrutiny they deserve. The focus is all on GMOs while people ingest fucking chemical weapons (Monsanto's Roundup was originally developed as an anti-foliage chemical weapon, now used as a pesticide for crops). You also can't simply "wash it off" in some cases, Fuji-Apples can absorbed the sprayed chemicals, and this even lead to "Grapples" that had a hind of grape due to being sprayed with bird-away.

Hmm, interesting. I enjoyed the isolation. I don't like talking to or interacting with people irl
It was the start of my NEET lifestyle. But otherwise so-so, I was alone but I've just moved from distracting myself by being the class clown and trying too hard, to being on computers and online 24/7 .

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

Honestly it's so careless how chemicals/plastics/everything ends up embedded in the environment. You have microplastics doing god-knows-what, and back in the day you had leaded-gas leading to people breathing in aerosolized lead.

Honestly pesticides and other chemicals being used on crops don't get anywhere near the scrutiny they deserve. The focus is all on GMOs while people ingest fucking chemical weapons (Monsanto's Roundup was originally developed as an anti-foliage chemical weapon, now used as a pesticide for crops). You also can't simply "wash it off" in some cases, Fuji-Apples can absorbed the sprayed chemicals, and this even lead to "Grapples" that had a hind of grape due to being sprayed with bird-away.

It was the start of my NEET lifestyle. But otherwise so-so, I was alone but I've just moved from distracting myself by being the class clown and trying too hard, to being on computers and online 24/7 .
You'll have to look into (the US anyway) when the government started to allow pesticides and chemicals to be used on crops. When you place it side by side with those stats - it's pretty telling. It's just one factor - processed food is a massive one as well (I'd say it's worse than spraying the crops) but more linked to cancers and such.

Attachments

• IMG_7506.png
    IMG_7506.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7505.jpeg
    IMG_7505.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 0
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

Same; covid was also the start of my NEET lifestyle. I realized that I enjoy being alone and not having to mask all the time. I've been a NEET ever since graduating college

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Same; covid was also the start of my NEET lifestyle. I realized that I enjoy being alone and not having to mask all the time. I've been a NEET ever since graduating college
Not only that, but afterwards, I saw how shit I really was at masking, RIP. Now socializing /w normies seems rather pointless due to my autism.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Interesting viewpoint. I agree with you but to be fair what evidence is to them isn't evidence to us? Who says what evidence is good evidence etc? How do we differentiate a schizophrenic person hearing jesus speak to them from a pentecostal church goer hearing and feeling jesus voice and presence? Is there a difference between the two ? Are they both equally mentally ill? I can't believe I actually used to be one of those church goers paying 10% of my money to those con artists

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Interesting viewpoint. I agree with you but to be fair what evidence is to them isn't evidence to us? Who says what evidence is good evidence etc? How do we differentiate a schizophrenic person hearing jesus speak to them from a pentecostal church goer hearing and feeling jesus voice and presence? Is there a difference between the two ? Are they both equally mentally ill? I can't believe I actually used to be one of those church goers paying 10% of my money to those con artists
Mormon?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It seems like a big cult to me

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Covid made a LOT of people fucking insane. It made politics and mental health incredibly worse. I think "humanity" has peaked. Some things will get better, some things will get worse.
I still find it hard to believe that it had any effect on people. It obviously did, but I just don't understand how. Especially in my country. We never had a big lockdown or anything. You could still meet with people, go to work, etc. and yet they say it "ruined their lives" or they "suffered".
Honestly, if Corona had such a big effect on them, I don't even want to imagine what something like war would do to those people.

Reactions: RosesFlourish
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
16% of the world's population has a mental disorder? I think that percentage is greatly underestimated.