Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I think the video says to check the unit beforehand to make sure nothing has come loose during shipping. And then shows how to test the mask fit before hooking up the tubing to the mask. I agree with @TrailerTrash that there likely was a leak.
I'm so sorry @DownToGo this must be very frustrating. I guess the set up and mask fit must be more difficult to get right than what many of us thought. :heart:
I also think that the most likely problems is a leak in the fitting of the mask. That's dangerous, who, like me, wanto to use this method must be very cautious about the fitting.

Reactions: LMLN
B

BaronVon

Feb 24, 2019
I think the video says to check the unit beforehand to make sure nothing has come loose during shipping. And then shows how to test the mask fit before hooking up the tubing to the mask. I agree with @TrailerTrash that there likely was a leak.
I'm so sorry @DownToGo this must be very frustrating. I guess the set up and mask fit must be more difficult to get right than what many of us thought. :heart:
Lets hope there was a slight mistake either in the set up or a small leak etc

The basis of operation and equipment is there to be successful , i would not be so confident in quality standards of anything made in China before the virus , even more so in current conditions

But if there is an issue i feel it can be easily rectified , soda lime granules of good grade are easily purchased over the internet , in editions PTFE tape etc can easily be added to the fittings and canister ends etc to try and give additional leakage protection, but the fundamentals of equipment are there in the purchase and i assume going forward with aid of pulse oxygen monitor test runs could be carried out until decrease in levels could be seen

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
PPH C466EDEF 9E90 4FAA B254 BFA0FD283277

I wonder what the testing protocols were exactly, especially the first one with volunteers. How was the oxygen in the air, not blood, measured ? It seems there are devices called 'oxygen analyzer' performing this task, selling between $75-$200, but I'm wondering how they sticked the sensor in. Did they drill a hole, insert and reseal for leakage ?
There would be a need to imagine a protocol which leads to assessment without self-participation, like the second one, and without damaging the unit

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
A reminder to folks that there is going to be a lot of bullshit around this device and to use critical thinking skills. On the one hand, RA's communications and the PPH and Nitschke have raised red flags. On the other hand, pro-lifers are going to incite fear and try to discourage any ctb method. One can question without being inflammatory and instead focusing on and intelligently questioning the information provided. One can critically analyze for direct and reasonable responses to direct and reasonable questions, or for evasion, ignoring, counterattacks, etc.

@DownToGo was the first person to report testing the device and it didn't work. But I notice that s/he did not respond to any direct questions or requests for clarification, for example, sharing a photo of the device. I find this concerning. Could it be that s/he was just freaked out and focused on other things? Perhaps. I'll keep that in mind, but I will keep other things in mind as well and maintain healthy skepticism.

As I've mentioned before, please be aware of anything that heightens fear. It affects critical thinking and makes one more susceptible to manipulation and control for others' benefit. Don't be afraid to say something smells off, it is of benefit to all. Blind acceptance is not of benefit. If someone is offended by your questioning and self-protection, it is a reflection of their movtives or motivating personal beliefs, not of you.

The daily beast the best defense against bullshit is vigilance 76735132

Last edited:
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Deleted member 1768, Matthias_k and 2 others
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
@Notabadguy You are very welcome. I worry a little, but none is info owned by anyone, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't want a problem. And besides that :devil:

I know nothing hahaha

Last edited:
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
@Notabadguy You are very welcome. I worry a little, but none is info owned by anyone, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't want trouble. And besides that :devil: So, what is the next step? Who is next :happy:

since @DownToGo already tried to use it. im hoping he can find out what when wrong? was their a leak if so where? was it not assemble properly? i recalled him saying that the granite turned purple so co2 was being absorb during the process. perhaps he can communicate this with richard.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
@DownToGo was still around today around noon. But I haven't heard since. Anyone else talking with him? If you're still there let us know. I hope you've read some of today's comments here. I can't imagine how you're feeling .
He was around this afternoon around 5 EST. I feel very bad for him.

P

peacedignity12

Apr 11, 2020
Anyone in AZ order the rebreather?
@Living sucks: I see you here. By any chance?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Not yet.,i wanted to see how other people faired first with receipt etc. a member tried using theirs yesterday and it didn't work. Plus it will take a few weeks to get one... but i don't want one if it doesn't work as promised. It's also $300+ with shipping

Nohopeinhell

Nohopeinhell

Mar 1, 2020
Hmmm :heh:

@DownToGo do you have a picture of your set up?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Did anyone else from the first batch receive it? Apart from DownToGo, did anyone else tried anything or opened it?

D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
I'm going to scrap this method because it was a downright fail. I followed the steps as indicated.

lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
I'm going to scrap this method because it was a downright fail. I followed the steps as indicated.

Hello @DownToGo I'm a bit confused, and concerned.. A day or two before you said you would not use it, and throw it away. I know you were talking to at least 2 others about it by PM. You seemed to act with extreme spontaneity, which is never recommended here on SS.

Did you test any fittings? What exactly did you do? Will you provide photos? A time table of your experience?

I for one, was very concerned. We have all, for the most part, have been working together. For us to solve the problem, it would be fair to get all the information available so we can connect the dots. It would be beneficial to the community to troubleshoot this together.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, liverpoolfan, BaronVon and 3 others
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
Hello @DownToGo I'm a bit confused, and concerned.. A day or two before you said you would not use it, and throw it away. I know you were talking to at least 2 others about it by PM. You seemed to act with extreme spontaneity, which is never recommended here on SS.

Did you test any fittings? What exactly did you do? Will you provide photos? A time table of your experience?

I for one, was very concerned. We have all, for the most part, have been working together. For us to solve the problem, it would be fair to get all the information available so we can connect the dots. It would be beneficial to the community to troubleshoot this together.
I didn't really talk to @DownToGo about the rebreather. I just checked on him and got a brief response. Seems like he doesn't want to talk about much. I can respect his situation, he isn't in a good head space. Probably not in the mood to talk much

Reactions: Donk
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
my package is at post office. going to pick it up today.

Reactions: AcornUnderground and LMLN
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
my package is at post office. going to pick it up today.
I'm very glad the product is being delivered. I'm still waiting (second batch, I suppose). Where are you from, if may I ask?

J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
Would using this device in a tent with CO/Carbon Monoxide increase its efficiency, or act as something else to kick in and get e job done?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Would using this device in a tent with CO/Carbon Monoxide increase its efficiency, or act as something else to kick in and get e job done?
This device is supposed to seal to your face not allowing any outside air in. So not sure how the CO method would add to this? If there's a leak maybe ? Or it falls off, but the CO might not work either?

So far we have one debreather that failed. Does anyone know if Richard has been made aware of this? I've asked downtogo but no reply. I'd like to hear what he had to say about it ?

Reactions: Soul and GoodPersonEffed
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
I did confirm with DownToGo that he had it on, duct tape sealed to his face to make it tight, for 30 minutes. Nothing but the granules turned purple. I don't think he is going to talk about it anymore.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I did confirm with DownToGo that he had it on, duct tape sealed to his face to make it tight, for 30 minutes. Nothing but the granules turned purple. I don't think he is going to talk about it anymore.
And i know he sealed the hoses with tape also.

@lmroch i think it should be posted on EI, leave out his username, someone needs to poke the sleeping bear

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
Q

qwerty32

I tried.
Apr 13, 2020
I'm still waiting for mines. Box Logistics hasn't updated yet.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
@lmroch has anyone from EI attempted to use the device?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
@Living sucks I will, what do I say? Do I start new alarming thread? There are at least 20 threads there.
I wouldn't make it alarming. I would just say I've heard a report that one recipient attempted to use their device over the weekend, they duct taped any hose connections and duct taped the mask to their face and did not feel a thing and wore it for 30 minutes. They noted the granules turned purplish but has no other remarks.