Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm in Indiana and need it today. Any help appreciated. Don't have time to delay.

We're trying to help but you need to check with the actual shops in your vicinity, right? Medical supplies. Equipment rental for handicapped people. Pharmacies. One of those should have them or be able to tell you where to go.

I hope you find what you need. x

Reactions: Ἡγησίας and GoodPersonEffed
D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
I have called every Kroger, Walmart, cvs and Walgreens.

• Aww..
Reactions: Overnoutofhere and Soul
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
30 minutes. The granules in one canister began Turing Violet.
Can anyone help me find a pulse ox ASAP...
Are you saying that you used the Rebreather for thirty mintues and you are here? Didn't you even get unconsciouss? Are you sure that the device was connected to the mask?

And again, why a pulsometer?

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
How many times / how long can it be trialed without changing the soda lime ?
I understand the expiry is 3-5 days unused after opened, but doesn't it accelerate the turnover when there's practice with air flow through the filter ?

D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
If only I Gould combine it with f or n. Anybody looking for a partnership with those methods?

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
If this thing doesn't F'ng work after all the delays and anticipation, it will be a nightmare. I was really hoping to hear of someone having a peaceful and successful end to their suffering before I purchased. As horrible as that comes across.. i hate even typing that. But what about people who were holding on to theirs for a while... how do you return it and get a refund if this device proves to not work as promised? I'm getting ahead of myself I'm sorry.
@DownToGo have you thought about trying to email or call Richard?

Reactions: Overnoutofhere
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If only I Gould combine it with f or n. Anybody looking for a partnership with those methods?

Combining it won't work if it doesn't work.

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
And again, why a pulsometer?

Oxymeter to clip on a finger, not to measure the heart pulse but monitor the blood oxygen levels to verify they drop and the device works since he didn't feel no other signs

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
TheRaul95

TheRaul95

Student
Apr 25, 2020
Aha, just a thought, what about unconscious convulsions/spasms while wearing. Possible that parts get moved/removed accidently?

D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
I was still alert and didn't come close to unconsciousness. The pulse ox would really help.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Aha, just a thought, what about unconscious convulsions/spasm while wearing. Possible that parts get moved/removed accidently?
Not to sound rude in anyway but this post is 22 pages long and that question has been debated extensively, it would be worthwhile for you to read this thread from page 1. It will help you Gain a little knowledge

Reactions: Overnoutofhere
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
If this thing doesn't F'ng work after all the delays and anticipation, it will be a nightmare. I was really hoping to hear of someone having a peaceful and successful end to their suffering before I purchased. As horrible as that comes across.. i hate even typing that. But what about people who were holding on to theirs for a while... how do you return it and get a refund if this device proves to not work as promised? I'm getting ahead of myself I'm sorry.
@DownToGo have you thought about trying to email or call Richard?

Why not ask him if there's a return policy planned for 7-14 days after arrival, for items unused (seal not opened), despite the distribution separating ownership/shipping...
He got plenty of demand, so he may not mind as long as the initial separated shipping costs are not taken away, and the return costs assumed by the client (may not be inexpensive to China)

Last edited:
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I was still alert and didn't come close to unconsciousness. The pulse ox would really help.

do you mind taking a pic of the device? maybe it wasn't assembled properly

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't think the pulse ox is of any help. If the Rebreahter works, you get unconsciouss first and then death. If not, you don't get unconsciouss, a pulse ox is not needed to verify that.
do you mind taking a pic of the device? maybe it wasn't assembled properly
+ 1

Last edited:
Reactions: liverpoolfan
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
well the one thing they didnt manage to screw up is the naming of their product...the rebreather...keeps you breathing forever.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Wrennie, TrailerTrash, enjolras and 4 others
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Regardless of the pulse ox. You should have been dizzy lightheaded sleepy.. something after only 7-8 mins! Something is wrong with it... there's either a) a major leak somewhere b) it doesn't work at all or c) some sort of operator error (maybe something you aren't even aware of)?

Reactions: TrailerTrash, mediocre, LMLN and 2 others
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Well, guessing that was a disappointment. While no one here wants anyone to CTB, it appears the device is either an untested "guess" design or you had a defeating leak somewhere. If there was no leak and the soda lime wasn't working then you should have felt the CO2 build like you had put your head in a bag. If you never felt different then you most certainly must have experienced a leak. IMHO their mask just isn't up to the task, but it could be a leak somewhere else in the device. I would pull the mask, breath in to inflate the artificial lung (bladder) then put your hand or something over the hose. If the bladder deflates you have a leak .....

Reactions: Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc and Ἡγησίας
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Well, guessing that was a disappointment. While no one here wants anyone to CTB, it appears the device is either an untested "guess" design or you had a defeating leak somewhere. If there was no leak and the soda lime wasn't working then you should have felt the CO2 build like you had put your head in a bag. If you never felt different then you most certainly must have experienced a leak. IMHO their mask just isn't up to the task, but it could be a leak somewhere else in the device.

@DownToGo

This makes me think to submerge the mask in water, and if the hoses can be removed, to submerge them in water as well. Bubbles would indicate a leak.

Reactions: mediocre and TrailerTrash
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
@DownToGo

This makes me think to submerge the mask in water, and if the hoses can be removed, to submerge them in water as well. Bubbles would indicate a leak.
Since the soda lime is easy to get and cheap, as crazy as it sounds (because we're all so sane here) I'd almost consider putting the whole thing in the bathtub and blowing into the hose .... betting bubbles are going to come out somewhere. If it's leaking, once the leak is found it can be set out to dry, new soda lime inserted, resealed, then used.

Reactions: Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc, enjolras and 1 other person
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
@DownToGo - what a shitshow. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm sure you didn't ask to be a pioneer for this venture.

• Love
Reactions: Soul and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
@DownToGo I am sorry it didn't work for you. I'm very disappointed but not that shocked that the device didn't work. I had doubts to begin with. I will still try it at some point and post here on the thread. If I don't come back you'll know mine worked.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul and LMLN
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I wish someone could "test" it and report a little first. Like just test for 5 mins and wear pulse ox and see if they have the affect their suppose to. Like @r2d2020 did with his

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I wish someone could "test" it and report a little first. Like just test for 5 mins and wear pulse ox and see if they have the affect their suppose to. Like @r2d2020 did with his
Who was @r2d2020? did they ctb with it?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Who was @r2d2020? did they ctb with it?
No he built his own and tested it.
My hypoxia device is fully tested. I would say this is exciting news, but that would be weird. I am satisfied with the device and a bit shocked at how well this method works.

Here are the details. I wore the mask for approximately 3 minutes, in that time my SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation) dropped from 99% to 70%. My O2 level remained at 98-96% until minute 1:30, after that it dropped rapidly. The pulse oximeter I am using was kind enough to alert me (beeps) when the level dropped below 80% I began to feel light headed around at 75% and took the mask off at 70%.

My breathing was shallow and relaxed, the air was starting to get a bit warm and humidity increased to a noticeable, yet not uncomfortable level. This is expected since it's a closed system. The air passing through the soda lime had a slight odor, although it wasn't unpleasant or irritating. I was careful to remove fine particles before loading the device and added a fine mesh filter to remove any stray particles.

Took this photo at minute 2:30, oxygen level at 76% and dropped to 70% 30 seconds later! The right number (82)is my pulse which was around 62 when I started, elevated but not a concern.

View attachment 29580

* are we really sure the new Debreather is suitable solo, without assistance ?

> I just tested my hypoxia device (aka debreather) and I am personally confident that I can use it solo, although it's impossible to know for sure since there's no way to test past the point of unconsciousness.

* is there a favored body position / setting to undergo, to avoid interference of eventual body convulsions plus object colision so the mask stays still, not hit then displaced after unconsciousness transitioning (that could make death ineffective or worse, brain injury)

> I believe that body position is important, mostly due to movement, not necessarily from convulsions after becoming unconscious. It's probably impossible to predict if a person will have convulsions or how violent they will be.

* for it to be peaceful and reliable, should you prior drug yourself, to experience early sleep in order to avoid distresful symptoms from slow not abrupt O2 drop, or just time stress / second thoughts versus fighting back reflexes ?

> I will probably take Ambien and have a drink or two before. I hit 70% today and was feeling dizzy at the point. It doesn't feel bad. I've been hypoxic before, probably under 70% and started to blackout and saw stars. I would probably lose consciousness at 50-55%.

>> It's hard to imagine a person being able to remove the mask at 6% O2, but who knows as our SI is always at hard work! EDIT: They are referring to 6% available O2 by volume, not not oxygen saturation. A person is typically unconscious under 50-55% SpO2 (oxygen saturation).

Some interesting comments on this subject here: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-l...ve-without-becoming-brain-dead-or-die?share=1

Reactions: mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

If I recall correctly from the video, I think one is supposed to pass out in 2-3 minutes, right? So five minutes may be a bit much. I don't know anything about pulse ox and how long it takes to get the kind of results we would need.

Solution: new partners megathread for ReBreather testing only.

Reactions: enjolras
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
If I recall correctly from the video, I think one is supposed to pass out in 2-3 minutes, right? So five minutes may be a bit much. I don't know anything about pulse ox and how long it takes to get the kind of results we would need.

Solution: new partners megathread for ReBreather testing only.
It said 6-8 mins if I'm correct
It said 6-8 mins if I'm correct
Or i think I'm remembering Richard said if by 6-8 mins you're not feeling something you should reassess

Reactions: LMLN and GoodPersonEffed
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I think the video says to check the unit beforehand to make sure nothing has come loose during shipping. And then shows how to test the mask fit before hooking up the tubing to the mask. I agree with @TrailerTrash that there likely was a leak.
I'm so sorry @DownToGo this must be very frustrating. I guess the set up and mask fit must be more difficult to get right than what many of us thought. :heart:

Reactions: mediocre and TrailerTrash