enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Finishing on the good research based on Dignitas videos, then I'm done. Great content for someone who is interested in the Exit Bag method. The deaths are described in details (no equivalent ?) - tiny bit gross but everything seems to happen unfelt, exactly at (eyes/breath/head) and after unconsciousness (arm/torso movements, terminal gasps)

I'm less afraid of the movements post unconsciousness, mostly they were contained, except a sort of Nazi salute and a back arching for the worse extraordinary ones. Head tilting, I guess from seating, problematic ? would be addressed by laying flat.

Strangely, I'm still bothered, about having a device to deal with (less rudimental), plus the fact that brain damage will happen right in front of death. I'll let the reluctance aside from now.

My main conclusion : it must not be fair to compare the Exit Bag and the ReBreather, 2 distinct processes which are going to unfold differently. The ReBreather is a new implementation and should be treated accordingly, not anticipated but put to the test.

31B1CBE9 D838 44F4 8458 0C638197F9E3
==============================================================================================
CA1332C1 1737 4D37 A658 191AE30F0DA1
==============================================================================================
CFC16C38 9F6B 493F B50C 147F87083148
FBB5F637 9131 425D 9A86 401F7AD48A6A
4AC8E854 DCDC 46AB BE8F 36777B53F4A3
B59B2E5D FA72 4414 A085 81E7E56B9C29
99D77594 EF59 44F8 99E4 EE3E959F1199
4AC4A7EF 485B 4194 B2D4 91831EE5F194

I suspect the Exit Bag could be superior, having the advantage to pack a reduced list of manifestations (minus subjective ones) after a fast unconsciousness, plus the lack of incertitude about the mask seal/fit. The method's reliability is established (found a great report of 30 success detailed - only read 1 multi-feedback of tearing the bag while semi-conscious, left with headache, but sub-quality story).
In terms of peacefulness, the Exit Bag seems a winner, while it is not yet completely certain for the ReBreather.
The distinction of a progressive hypoxia seems confirmed (matching the schedule exposed messages before). Apparently, it could lead to a wider list of symptoms developing prior, not after unconsciousness. It may not be sensation free 'cause there's time. Guessing, either some discomfort would be felt, or attenuated, even replaced by painless euphoria / mental impairment, but the difference is the moderate onset hypoxia's exposure which creates a twist. The sequencing organized around unconsciousness just does not appear to be properly comparable between both methods : the R2D will not only include the after part of the Exit bag but integrate it's own part before, which has to be discovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Busdriver
B

BaronVon

Feb 24, 2019
Yes, this is because of the soda lime granules. It sounds like there is a way to replace them in the canisters.
As far as i know they have induced a type of dye into the granules which will signify that they are expired and require to be changed before use, so i assume the unit has the functionality for the soda lime to be replaced easily

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Unfortunately I can't open it until I'm about to use it which I don't plan on right away. It states so on the bag. Hopefully someone else that gets it can open and show pictures of the inside.
Did you order from the R2D site or from Respiro?

Was it delivered in an outer box that doesn't reveal the company name on the box or the label with the sender name?
I ordered from the R2D site. It came just like in the picture with the "Respiro" name on the box. No outer sleeve or anything to disguise it. It also says "R2D disposable Rebreather primary cartridge" and expiry date use before June 2023.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • respiro.jpg
    respiro.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Thanks, @mediocre.

That's a really dumbass move on the part of R2D and Respiro that they're not hiding who the delivery is from. They're potentially outing a lot of customers, which will also make less people likely to buy, and if they don't care a about the customers, they're outing themselves as well and setting themselves up for more negative attention than they're already going to get. An outer box would not cost much more, and they could pass that cost to the customers.

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, mediocre and enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Don't forget is a Rebreather, not necessarily a Debreather, we want to use it as a Debrether, but with the proper cartridge could be used as a Rebreather. Buy, yes, disguise would have been appreciated.

Reactions: mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Don't forget is a Rebreather, not necessarily a Debreather, we want to use it as a Debrether, but with the proper cartridge could be used as a Rebreather. Buy, yes, disguise would have been appreciated.

Yes, it seems they may have marketed it that way to cover their asses. However, the R2D website has a video for how to ctb with the device. All it takes is someone in the same house doing some research and, even if the person doesn't get sectioned, they've still been outed. I still call dumbassery.

Reactions: Wrennie, Overnoutofhere and mediocre
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Unfortunately I can't open it until I'm about to use it which I don't plan on right away. It states so on the bag. Hopefully someone else that gets it can open and show pictures of the inside.

I ordered from the R2D site. It came just like in the picture with the "Respiro" name on the box. No outer sleeve or anything to disguise it. It also says "R2D disposable Rebreather primary cartridge" and expiry date use before June 2023.
I like the font color on the package.
Beautiful

Reactions: Busdriver and mediocre
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Artstation Artwork has deleted the page of illustrations for this product. The Wayback Machine has them.

Here they are: (there are a few more that are not worth uploading)

Attachments

• miguel-garcia-s-preview-0029.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0029.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 77
  • miguel-garcia-s-rd2-thumb.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-rd2-thumb.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 53
  • miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4287.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4287.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 49
  • miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4553.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4553.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 49
  • miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4934.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-4934.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 51
  • miguel-garcia-s-capture1 (2).jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-capture1 (2).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 50
  • miguel-garcia-s-capture1.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-capture1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 41
  • miguel-garcia-s-capture2.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-capture2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 41
  • miguel-garcia-s-capture3.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-capture3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 43
  • miguel-garcia-s-preview-0010.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0010.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 40
  • miguel-garcia-s-preview-0014.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0014.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 43
  • miguel-garcia-s-preview-0015.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0015.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 44
  • miguel-garcia-s-preview-0030.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0030.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 45
  • miguel-garcia-s-preview-0031.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-preview-0031.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 47
  • miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-1142.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-respiro-rd2-1142.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 59
  • miguel-garcia-s-scene.jpg
    miguel-garcia-s-scene.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras and mediocre
D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
How man mg of Clonazepam would someone suggest using with this method? I really don't want to experience pain. I can verify that my parcel has been received.

Reactions: Notabadguy
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
How man mg of Clonazepam would someone suggest using with this method? I really don't want to experience pain. I can verify that my parcel has been received.
There is no need of using benzos, there is no pain, your worry is the fitting of the mask.

Reactions: Busdriver
B

bpdandme

Experienced
Feb 3, 2020

If the packaging was discrete I would have purchased, I'm glad I know now thank you for sharing.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
So, DownToGo and Mediocre have received the ReBreather. Anyone else? If you decide to use it, are you doing any reassurement in the fitting of the mask, or just are you going to use it like that (in thery, that shouldn't be a problem)?

J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
Maybe they can send in an unmarked box by request?

Reactions: Busdriver and GoodPersonEffed
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Maybe they can send in an unmarked box by request?
I don't think so, they underwent enough trouble regarding the shippment arrangements. I ordered the deviced two or three days after the launchment, and I'm still waiting, my ReBreather is still in some warehouse. And, like me, there are 25 more people.

I envy DownToGo and Mediocre, they have a method in the hands, they decide what they want.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
There is no need of using benzos, there is no pain, your worry is the fitting of the mask.
I REALLY want to believe that. Based on all the posts by @enjolras which i understand are from exit bag and nitrogen method, how do we know what these people felt? They were still gasping at 10 mins? Moving arms? Were they trying to reach the mask but were so disoriented they couldn't lift their arms to the right location? Permanent brain damage prior to death has to have some repercussion? No one knows if this is felt in anyway ... i hope unconscious means absolutely no feeling.

Reactions: Wrennie, AcornUnderground, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
I just saw this post elsewhere - It sounds like this way, or any way someone chooses it would set off the defibrillator. Thus it if someone has one it must be dealt with first.

"I hope someone who has looked into this would have some advice for me. I have a Medtronic ICD, and if my heart were to stop, it would begin to shock me. I could temporarily turn off the defibrillator function by placing a magnet over it; however, (I found out accidentally), if that happens, the device will shriek quite loudly (not peacefully). At normal end of life, my understanding is the patient and healthcare team can decide to have the defibrillator turned off. In a hospice situation, this can happen as well. But -- what about a situation when for any number of reasons, a person decides "it's time" - has anyone thought about how they would handle the ICD?"

We all know, Once a package is opened, it must be resealed with an iron, if you are not using it now. An iron at walmart is only $9.95.

Attachments

• rocket express.png
    rocket express.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 60
  • walmart iron $9.97.jpeg
    walmart iron $9.97.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Love
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Artstation Artwork has deleted the page of illustrations for this product. The Wayback Machine has them.

Here they are: (there are a few more that are not worth uploading)
Thanks for the pics.. is anyone concerned with the connection of the tubes to the mask? It looks like you just slip it in to the hole when you're ready and start breathing.. but what if that gets dislodged after unconscious by any movement?
I'm also worried for me anyway that the device looks big and heavy, as described by another recipient, i am very skinny and frail and this might feel uncomfortable or distressing if i lay down with it. I would not want to sit up, afraid to slump over and disconnect anything.
Sorry if my questions are stupid. I think out loud too often

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and enjolras
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Like the proposal of using cpap or bipap mask technology?? That was mentioned a few days ago here

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for the pics.. is anyone concerned with the connection of the tubes to the mask? It looks like you just slip it in to the hole when you're ready and start breathing.. but what if that gets dislodged after unconscious by any movement?
I'm also worried for me anyway that the device looks big and heavy, as described by another recipient, i am very skinny and frail and this might feel uncomfortable or distressing if i lay down with it. I would not want to sit up, afraid to slump over and disconnect anything.
Sorry if my questions are stupid. I think out loud too often

Not stupid at all. I'm quite concerned about these questions, given how much space and pieces the whole thing is overall.
If the assembly of the parts is very solid and can't dislodge, then try to move the body and hit the bag or tubes to put the velcro straps to the test and check it's not a good boomerang reason for the mask to displace. And improve attachments from there
Indeed, the morphology of the person could matter, the tubes flexibility/rigidity/length as well, the body position...
A few persons need to open the bag, check, rehearse and report their findings.

Last edited:
D

DownToGo

Mar 18, 2020
So I got the rebreather in the mail yesterday but have decided I would much prefer to obtain n if possible. Not sure what to do with now. Considering throwing it away which is a shame considering the amount of time required to obtain it.

• Wow
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
So I got the rebreather in the mail yesterday but have decided I would much prefer to obtain n if possible. Not sure what to do with now. Considering throwing it away which is a shame considering the amount of time required to obtain it.
Why on the hell are you willing to throw it away? It's not ilegal.

Please, if you try to obtain N, it would be very interesting to know the steps that you undergo, if you want to share.

Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
What has put you off? I have mine and I would prefer it because N is very risky to obtain.

G

Ghettofunk

Jan 27, 2020
Why on the hell are you willing to throw it away? It's not ilegal.

Please, if you try to obtain N, it would be very interesting to know the steps that you undergo, if you want to share.

Hi man. If you really want to get rid of it I'll take it off your hands no problem.

Just PM me.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
About benzos, noting that in the 2010 report (only real observations, 2001), most all candidates used a strong dose : deep breathing & gasping were occasionally mentioned, never unmotivated movements. Impossible to know if coincidental : the notes transmitted (sometimes handwritten) and reviewed years later could have been incomplete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notabadguy
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
These steps have already been clearly documented by another member and posted. I will try to find them again and add them again here.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
These steps have already been clearly documented by another member and posted. I will try to find them again and add them again here.
No, don't do that please, this is a thread about the REBREATHER, if you want send me a PM.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Did anybody else receive the Rebreather? Only Mediocre and DownToGo?

Reactions: _Minsk
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Well this device certainly received lots of good dialogue and information sharing. One of the common themes, which has led to a change in my setup (along with already-planned use of well-fitted full face CPAP mask), is the benefit of fast oxygen reduction for the user, which has led to the addition of a small 12 volt fan inside the PVC housing that holds the soda lime and a loop versus back-n-forth air flow design. By loop I mean the entire device is essentially a PVC circle with connection at one end for the expandable "lung-bladder" and other end for the mask hose ..... generally same as pictured in the product some have purchased. With the circular loop configuration and fan the rate of oxygen deprivation will not rely on many breaths in/out back and forth across the soda lime but instead the fan (slow/gentle speed) will actively circulate what has been breathed into the device through the soda lime. May sound complicated, but it's not really that hard to complete. I'll post pictures when done. No one in the household knows so although I've bought the soda lime and some other parts I have to buy parts slowly while I make "other" projects or questions will be asked about what's up .......

P.S. Circulation also allows for use of less soda lime - the marketed device uses fairly large double quantities to provide more soda lime exposure to what is being breathed in/out. If you look at pictures of respirators you'll note the soda lime quantity is large, but not that large considering CO2 is being absorbed by a patient who is using the device for hours and hours ..... a much smaller quantity of soda lime with constant passing of air through it is more than sufficient to absorb the CO2 from a single user's limited number of breaths into the device.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Soul, Busdriver and 2 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Well this device certainly received lots of good dialogue and information sharing. One of the common themes, which has led to a change in my setup (along with already-planned use of well-fitted full face CPAP mask), is the benefit of fast oxygen reduction for the user, which has led to the addition of a small 12 volt fan inside the PVC housing that holds the soda lime and a loop versus back-n-forth air flow design. By loop I mean the entire device is essentially a PVC circle with connection at one end for the expandable "lung-bladder" and other end for the mask hose ..... generally same as pictured in the product some have purchased. With the circular loop configuration and fan the rate of oxygen deprivation will not rely on many breaths in/out back and forth across the soda lime but instead the fan (slow/gentle speed) will actively circulate what has been breathed into the device through the soda lime. May sound complicated, but it's not really that hard to complete. I'll post pictures when done. No one in the household knows so although I've bought the soda lime and some other parts I have to buy parts slowly while I make "other" projects or questions will be asked about what's up .......

P.S. Circulation also allows for use of less soda lime - the marketed device uses fairly large double quantities to provide more soda lime exposure to what is being breathed in/out. If you look at pictures of respirators you'll note the soda lime quantity is large, but not that large considering CO2 is being absorbed by a patient who is using the device for hours and hours ..... a much smaller quantity of soda lime with constant passing of air through it is more than sufficient to absorb the CO2 from a single user's limited number of breaths into the device.
I don't know if a CPAP mask is full face is better fitted that if it is smaller. I wear swimglases when I go to the swimming-pool, the size of them doesn't improve the fitting, but the quality of them does. I don't know about this issue, just saying. My plan is reassure with dutch tape, although Richard Avocet emailed (it's in another post from another member) that it's not necessary, I don't see what harm can do.