• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Whisperinyourear

Whisperinyourear

Jun 27, 2020
Just wondering if anyone has any advice of either a good scar healing cream or full coverage foundation?

I have about 15+ cutting scars on both my arms that are very noticeable. Im about to start a nursing placement as part of uni, where due to health and safety policy I am not able to wear long sleeves and I don't want to worry the patients when they see my arms.

Any advice is appreciated.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've never had to cover up a scar but I've covered up tattoos with a foundation called dermacol. It's pretty cheap on eBay. Before you apply foundation, you apply some colour correcting concealer on. My tattoos are kinda dark so I used red/orange. If your scars are more red, use green. It's supposed to neutralise the colours.

I've never used scar healing cream but the one I always hear about is bio oil.

I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
I used mederma cream. I got it from a CVS. Good luck with your nursing program!! I hope you'll like it :)

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
All this is USA product advice but:

Mederma, bio oil and vitamin E oil with moisturizer helped both self harm scars and terrible scars I got from a severe case of bed bug bites I got from a hotel.

Clinique and Estee lauder both have full coverage foundations I have used throughout the years. There is also lots of drug store brands that worked just as good one like L'oreal True Match

Last edited:
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
this isn't an instant cover up- use some coconut oil at night. It's supposed to help with scars. You might be able to over time get it not as visible so in the future you wont have to use a cover up. Congratulations on your nursing placement! That must be so exciting for you. My right arm wrist to bend in elbow is really scarred. I'm a lefty, my left arm isn't as noticeable. I've always been conscience of the scars. I have mastered holding my right arm in ways it isn't able to be seen. If you get to walk around with a patients chart hold it over your arm thats the worst, hold your arms facing your body etc... I've seen advertisements of some really good cover ups but have not tried any.

dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
Results vary but typically silicone products is the best. Specifically mederema and biocorneum work really well for most, you may want to makeup (products meant to cover tattoos would probably work) over top for a while tho

Whenever you're home make sure they're moist w something, silicone strips or aquaphor seems to work well

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Can't help in the short term sorry. But i used BioOil while i harmed and for many years after stopping. My scars have significantly faded. i highly recommend BioOil, or similar, rubbing in to wet skin every shower long term.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Isn't cocoa butter meant to help with scars?

ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
I've used mederma for scar fading with some luck.

If you are able, there might be a few tutorials for scar (or tattoo) cover ups on youtube! I think a colour correcting concealer is definitely a must if your scars are dark. I would also experiment with setting spray and/or finishing powder to make it longer lasting. You may be able to play around with samples at the drug store/wherever you buy make up (pandemic rules may impact sample availability) or shop around online for cheaper products.

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Just wondering if anyone has any advice of either a good scar healing cream or full coverage foundation?

I have about 15+ cutting scars on both my arms that are very noticeable. Im about to start a nursing placement as part of uni, where due to health and safety policy I am not able to wear long sleeves and I don't want to worry the patients when they see my arms.

Any advice is appreciated.
Very admirable, I don't cover with makeup i do not know. Goodluck with your placement.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
I am using bio oil (recommended by GP) and kelo-cote on my visible scars. They have faded a lot better than ones which I have just left alone. I am also looking at full coverage makeup but without trying the shades it is so hard to know what to go for.
Good luck with the placement!

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
tumblr_inline_p7gzo6GneG1r2e6ja_500.jpg