• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aladdin

aladdin

Nov 5, 2022
If I'm going to be reincarnated no matter what, then I'm going to go ahead and get it over with now lol. No need to wait until I die of natural causes. Is it perpetual reincarnation? If so, I will keep CTBing until I get a somewhat decent life. Or at least a decent body šŸ¤­

(I know this isn't exactly what you mean. I'm just being cheeky)
Lol I can't muster the courage to ctb once, how am I going to ctb more in my next lives. This sounds horrible. I do not wish to be reincarnated.

• Aww..
Reactions: azad
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
Lol I can't muster the courage to ctb once, how am I going to ctb more in my next lives. This sounds horrible. I do not wish to be reincarnated.
yeah true. i didn't mean reincarnation. just randomly being born somewhere and suffering more than now. no soul or rebirth. just new beings born and suffering. example : i ctb but another person will be born and will suffer.

EndlessDespair

EndlessDespair

Lonely
Nov 6, 2022
man I'm glad you understood my point. As for the determining factor that gives one a good or bad life, I didn't mean reincarnation as said in buddhism. a soul moving onto another body based or good and bad done with previous life. What i mean is...right now we find ourselves in suffering. There are people who have ctb in the past and lost their consciousness but now we exist. animals exist. and we think we have to ctb too. even if we ctb, there will be endless suffering of living beings. that is what i mean.
Yea unfortunately, there will always be pain and suffering in this world. That's just the world we live in. But the point of ctb is to end your suffering not to end all the suffering in the world. That's simply impossible.

• Aww..
Reactions: Regret and azad
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
yeah true. i didn't mean reincarnation. just randomly being born somewhere and suffering more than now. no soul or rebirth. just new beings born and suffering. example : i ctb but another person will be born and will suffer.
Well, but that's his problem.

• Aww..
nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
What i'm trying to say is there will always be a conscious being that suffers extreme pain that is you but not you. you don't have to be reborn for this. I don't know if I'm making sense. This makes me suffer even more and This truth/Idea makes me feel like there is no relief from CTB.
You are so eloquent and empathetic, I am very impressed by this conclusion you have made.

There is no end to suffering, only an end to witnessing it (depending on what you think of the afterlife). Sometimes continuing with life, being forced to witness or conceptualize active suffering, further pushes a person to their breaking point. I believe that people who suffer themselves are more perceptive to the suffering of others, and it begins to compound.

I never even thought about how reincarnation could be interpreted as the persistence of suffering. These days, people focus more on the individual experience, as opposed to collective consciousness.

• Love
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
You are so eloquent and empathetic, I am very impressed by this conclusion you have made.

There is no end to suffering, only an end to witnessing it (depending on what you think of the afterlife). Sometimes continuing with life, being forced to witness or conceptualize active suffering, further pushes a person to their breaking point. I believe that people who suffer themselves are more perceptive to the suffering of others, and it begins to compound.

I never even thought about how reincarnation could be interpreted as the persistence of suffering. These days, people focus more on the individual experience, as opposed to collective consciousness.
glad you got what i'm trying to mean. i think i'm just being really selfish not compassionate. i'm an athiest and i used to have this interpretation long before i tried to read buddhism recently for depression and anxiety(lol how stupid i am to think i could meditate my way out of anxiety). and i got reminded of 'reincarnation' of my own intepretation. now i feel ctb wont make any sense. but i might have a chance. as said by some other commentor, " ctb is like rolling a dice. it is worth trying for me just for the chance". but imagine waking up and realizing you are an animal (ofc without this cognition or memory. not rebirth but a new consciousness being formed. ) you cant ctb too. hunger, pain, abuse and shit. dang i told this a lot of times repeatedly like an idiot. sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: nopride86
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
Well, but that's his problem.
people like you and me will be coming up endlessly and suffer. you wont be having eternal peace. you simply wont exist. so it's not really 'his' problem. a conscious being's pain, just like us. so "there's no end to conscious beings continuing to suffer". ctb will make sense only if we have consciousness or somewhere to go. (yet i decide to ctb because its not simply not possible for me to exist with this intense pain)

Last edited:
Ashu

Ashu

Nov 13, 2021
people like you and me will be coming up endlessly and suffer. you wont be having eternal peace. you simply wont exist. so it's not really 'his' problem. a conscious being's pain, just like us. so "there's no end to conscious beings continuing to suffer". ctb will make sense only if we have consciousness or somewhere to go. (yet i decide to ctb because its not simply not possible for me to exist with this intense pain)
Exactly, that's why it makes sense. And as you say, death is not even peace or rest, common metaphors used even by unbelievers which reflect the general human inability to conceive of our own inexistence.

I'm aware that you started a private conversation with me, Azad, but I can't find it anymore, sorry.

• Hugs
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
Exactly, that's why it makes sense. And as you say, death is not even peace or rest, common metaphors used even by unbelievers which reflect the general human inability to conceive of our own inexistence.

I'm aware that you started a private conversation with me, Azad, but I can't find it anymore, sorry.
hmmm yeah. we cannot percieve our conscious less state tho. Started conversation to not talk about this. You're from India too so wanna talk about that that's why

Ashu

Ashu

Nov 13, 2021
hmmm yeah. we cannot percieve our conscious less state tho. Started conversation to not talk about this. You're from India too so wanna talk about that that's why
Actually I'm _in_ India, since sixteen years, but _from_ Canada.

L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
Doesn't matter if I CTB or someone else who suffers CTB. Suffering as a living thing is Eternal. I guess this is what buddha meant by reincarnation ? Even if we erase our consciousness by CTB, there is another being that experiences severe pain which is you but not you. Do you get it? for example, Even if we CTB, there is another conscious being, say a stray dog that got hit by a car is out there lying on the road that cannot CTB. I recently had kidney stones and the pain is unbearable. I googled and I came to know that dogs and cats get kidney stones too. Imagine having kidney stones, unable to talk to anyone and unable to get treated and unable to CTB too. What i'm trying to say is there will always be a conscious being that suffers extreme pain that is you but not you. you don't have to be reborn for this. I don't know if I'm making sense. This makes me suffer even more and This truth/Idea makes me feel like there is no relief from CTB.
I share the same sentiment. I am an efilist/antinatalist for this reason.

• Wow
R

Regret

Itā€™s over
Nov 9, 2022
I love this site because I see people who have similar thoughts ā€”

Ketamine made me think of afterlife when I took itā€” it's a treatment resistant depression off label medication use for suicidal thinking.

It kinda made me feel like I lived many lives and this one was my best cycle yet so I shouldn't ctb because then I may have to do it all over again after living as a ghost or animal for a few livesā€¦

Just sharing what feels maybe irrational fearsā€” but again we don't know what's after death
how stupid i am to think i could meditate my way out of anxiety
You're not stupid ā€” research suggest meditation is more effective than medication. So there's some logic behind your thoughtā€” https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...tive-medication-anxiety-study-finds-rcna56164

Just takes effortā€”
but imagine waking up and realizing you are an animal
Haha you can even meditate yourself into an animal by mistake (or on purpose whatever ppl got their own life goals lol being a puppy would be great)
By meditating a certain kind of way. Like hyperfocusing on the sensesā€” eyes to wideā€” smell too roughā€” etcā€¦ can't be too alert like animal look at prey but gentle insteadā€¦

Last edited:
  • Wow
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
I love this site because I see people who have similar thoughts ā€”

Ketamine made me think of afterlife when I took itā€” it's a treatment resistant depression off label medication use for suicidal thinking.

It kinda made me feel like I lived many lives and this one was my best cycle yet so I shouldn't ctb because then I may have to do it all over again after living as a ghost or animal for a few livesā€¦

Just sharing what feels maybe irrational fearsā€” but again we don't know what's after death

You're not stupid ā€” research suggest meditation is more effective than medication. So there's some logic behind your thoughtā€” https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...tive-medication-anxiety-study-finds-rcna56164

Just takes effortā€”

Haha you can even meditate yourself into an animal by mistake (or on purpose whatever ppl got their own life goals lol being a puppy would be great)
By meditating a certain kind of way. Like hyperfocusing on the sensesā€” eyes to wideā€” smell too roughā€” etcā€¦ can't be too alert like animal look at prey but gentle insteadā€¦

i failed at meditation. i cannot meditate because of my neuro divergent retarded brain. i think being a hurt animal is better than being me cuz at least it wont have intense fear of survival 24/7

R

Regret

Itā€™s over
Nov 9, 2022
i failed at meditation. i cannot meditate because of my neuro divergent retarded brain. i think being a hurt animal is better than being me cuz at least it wont have intense fear of survival 24/7
No such thing of failing at meditation. It's either you did it or you didn't. It's hard to develop a practice. It's soooo hard especially because I'm depressed. Meditation helps anxiety but idk about depressionā€¦

• Wow
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
No such thing of failing at meditation. It's either you did it or you didn't. It's hard to develop a practice. It's soooo hard especially because I'm depressed. Meditation helps anxiety but idk about depressionā€¦
yeah that's right. i still have to ctb due to life circumstances

Pentobarbital_Plz

Pentobarbital_Plz

STOP HAVING KIDS!!!
Oct 28, 2022
Honestly, being a ghost rather than having a physical body which is so needy and feels pain and needs to earn money sounds kind of preferable.
Surely anything is better than being stuck as a physical organism, taking damage and requiring constant care and attention.

Offtopic but I might do some H later.
Yoo count me in! Never done yet but idc anymore!

Of course, all the suffering in the world will end only with the end of the world.
If only EVERYONE everywhere became sterile and stopped having kidsā€¦

• Yay!
Reactions: Lonerzepam, Forever Sleep and azad
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Doesn't matter if I CTB or someone else who suffers CTB. Suffering as a living thing is Eternal. I guess this is what buddha meant by reincarnation ? Even if we erase our consciousness by CTB, there is another being that experiences severe pain which is you but not you. Do you get it? for example, Even if we CTB, there is another conscious being, say a stray dog that got hit by a car is out there lying on the road that cannot CTB. I recently had kidney stones and the pain is unbearable. I googled and I came to know that dogs and cats get kidney stones too. Imagine having kidney stones, unable to talk to anyone and unable to get treated and unable to CTB too. What i'm trying to say is there will always be a conscious being that suffers extreme pain that is you but not you. you don't have to be reborn for this. I don't know if I'm making sense. This makes me suffer even more and This truth/Idea makes me feel like there is no relief from CTB.
I understand your point. I believe that all living creatures are my reincarnations. Though we cannot eliminate the suffering altogether, we can diminish the percentage of suffering, and that's important and that's what CTB can achieve.

• Love
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
I understand your point. I believe that all living creatures are my reincarnations. Though we cannot eliminate the suffering altogether, we can diminish the percentage of suffering, and that's important and that's what CTB can achieve.
thanks. but i guess nothing's in our control.