• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
What do you guys think of this method? It has a poor rating in PPeH...But, when the prices of N skyrocketed..Doctors started using this instead...they stopped, however, because 1-2 patients got burns to their throats...it could have been something else entirely...there is still a 3 drug-cocktail mentioned in PPeH...that has chloral hydrate in it...

I have the lethal dose...

Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
What do you guys think of this method? It has a poor rating in PPeH...But, when the prices of N skyrocketed..Doctors started using this instead...they stopped, however, because 1-2 patients got burns to their throats...it could have been something else entirely...there is still a 3 drug-cocktail mentioned in PPeH...that has chloral hydrate in it...

- wth lots of alcohol ?

GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
You can try it with a smal amount, it makes you sleepy. I also heard of the BURNING-pain effect, someone said it is important to drink enough wather.

J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
You can try it with a smal amount, it makes you sleepy. I also heard of the BURNING-pain effect, someone said it is important to drink enough wather.

Yeah..I have heard diluting it water...but, I am not sure, if it will take away it's strength too...

Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
No, you don't need alcohol...it's made from alcohol and chlorine...some, even make it at home...

Hi, if you can ask my question, do you know how to make chloral hydrate (I can't buy it where I live) at home? The most simple synthesis possible.
Should I say that ethanol + chlorine gives you chloroform? (if sodium hypochlorite is a chlorine, right? correct me if I'm wrong)
I need chloral hydrate so bad... Thank's!

Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
Anyone who knows chemistry can help me with this question please?

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018

...a colorless solid. It has limited use as a sedative and hypnotic pharmaceutical drug. It is also a useful laboratory chemical reagent and precursor. It is derived from chloral (trichloroacetaldehyde) by the addition of one equivalent of water. It was discovered in 1832 by Justus von Liebig in Gießen when a chlorination (halogenation) reaction was performed on ethanol.[3][4] Its sedative properties were first published in 1869 and subsequently, because of its easy synthesis, its use was widespread.[5] It was widely used recreationally and prescribed[further explanation needed] in the late 19th century. Chloral hydrate is soluble in both water and ethanol, readily forming concentrated solutions. A solution of chloral hydrate in ethanol called "knockout drops" was used to prepare a Mickey Finn.[6] More reputable uses of chloral hydrate include its use as a clearing agent for chitin and fibers and as a key ingredient in Hoyer's mounting medium, which is used to prepare permanent or semipermanent microscope slides of small organisms, histological sections, and chromosome squashes. Because of its status as a regulated substance, chloral hydrate can be difficult to obtain. This has led to chloral hydrate being replaced by alternative reagents[7][8] in microscopy procedures.
It is, together with chloroform, a minor side-product of the chlorination of water when organic residues such as humic acids are present.

That's all I found, you will have to check chemistry sources to find out more detail.
Why not just use CO - are you aiming for 'recreational' ?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Donewith_
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
...a colorless solid. It has limited use as a sedative and hypnotic pharmaceutical drug. It is also a useful laboratory chemical reagent and precursor. It is derived from chloral (trichloroacetaldehyde) by the addition of one equivalent of water. It was discovered in 1832 by Justus von Liebig in Gießen when a chlorination (halogenation) reaction was performed on ethanol.[3][4] Its sedative properties were first published in 1869 and subsequently, because of its easy synthesis, its use was widespread.[5] It was widely used recreationally and prescribed[further explanation needed] in the late 19th century. Chloral hydrate is soluble in both water and ethanol, readily forming concentrated solutions. A solution of chloral hydrate in ethanol called "knockout drops" was used to prepare a Mickey Finn.[6] More reputable uses of chloral hydrate include its use as a clearing agent for chitin and fibers and as a key ingredient in Hoyer's mounting medium, which is used to prepare permanent or semipermanent microscope slides of small organisms, histological sections, and chromosome squashes. Because of its status as a regulated substance, chloral hydrate can be difficult to obtain. This has led to chloral hydrate being replaced by alternative reagents[7][8] in microscopy procedures.
It is, together with chloroform, a minor side-product of the chlorination of water when organic residues such as humic acids are present.

That's all I found, you will have to check chemistry sources to find out more detail.
Why not just use CO - are you aiming for 'recreational' ?

No, I'm looking for decent interactions. Alcohol, chloroform and chloral would be nice.

Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019

I think all the ways of synthesizing Chloral hydrate are kind of involved.
Did you check Youtube? I found a video of the synthesis that uses TCCA (Trichloroisocyanuric acid), HCL(hydrochloric acid) and ethanol. The trouble is you need to have a bunch of lab equipment to perform this.

As seen in the video, chlorine gas is produced from the reaction between TCCA and HCL. Then the chlorine gas in reacted with the ethanol to produce the Chloral hydrate.

HCL, TCCA and ethanol, can be easily purchased.

But I believe you can still buy it from chemicals suppliers.

There's one thing I don't understand from this video though. Wikipedia says the boiling point of Chloral hydrate is 98°C. Given this information it's weird that in the last part the product is being boiled to leave a solid.

All in all, not worth it, imho.

Ps: In the comment section of the video the uploader answers that the chlorination process took 14 hours.

Joeydoe

Joeydoe

Aug 17, 2022

..."1-2 people"?...In scientific observation, there's no such thing as 1 or 2 people...There is a specific number which can be verified..."Doctors stated using this instead."... Could you cite us a source or two...?