yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Since over the past few days a few people have tried to reach me in regards to my use and knowledge of Kratom, I felt as though it could be beneficial for some for me to "go public".

Below is a brief overview of the substance as well as some benefits, negatives, and methods of consumption of kratom, if you are interested, I recommend doing further research, as I am not a doctor. It is important to note that this substance is fairly new to the west, so there is not a lot of studies regarding its efficacy or long term affects.

According to the DEA, Kratom is a plant from Southeast Asia, which produces a stimulant effect in low doses, as well as a sedative(similar to codeine) in high doses. Given that this drug is legal in most states of the US, it is fairly easy to find, and can be useful for a number of different things it has been my drug of choice for four years at this point, with it replacing a lot of medications. However, kratom can be very addictive, and while it does have benefits, like most nice things it has downsides as well.

There are many different strains of Kratom you will find, however I am fairly sure all of them are just a marketing gimmick, here are the important distinctions:
White: For energy, mostly a stimulant with some minor sedative effects
Red: A strong sedative.
Green: straight euphoria, a middle ground of red and white.
Yellow: Fermented Green, the fermentation usually strengthens the effects by a lot.

USES
Kratom is most notoriously used for those recovering from Opiate addiction, as a way to help mitigate withdrawal symptoms. It is also used as a way to treat depression and anxiety, suppress cough, as well as pain relief.
Me personally, I use it as a way to help treat my anxiety around food, which as an anorexic has been a godsend, however, one of the major withdrawal effects can be anorexia, so there is a push and a pull. I also used it as a way to replace drinking, as I will usually use it at parties and gatherings as a way to stay relatively sober.

Downsides:
Addictive as hell, withdrawals can be a nightmare, I recommend taking scheduled breaks to prevent this.
Constipation is a major problem I have with kratom, however it can be solved by taking stool softeners or magnesium.
Nausea is also a very common issue, however starting small and working your way up to higher doses can usually help this. It is also very important to not mix things (ESPECIALLY ALCHOHOL) with kratom, as while the LD50 is outrageously high, it is significantly lowered when other substances are taken along side it, which is usually responsible for most of the deaths surrounding it.

METHODS OF CONSUMPTION
Kratom is often supposed to be taken orally through a few ways:
Brewing into teas(my recipe below) or mixing with orange juice
Gel Capsules
Extracts(Not for beginners, I'm a frequent user and these still make me throw up)
Toss and wash(scooping dry powder into your mouth and washing it down with liquid, also not recommended for beginners, as it can get powder in your lungs)

In my experience, a standard dose of kratom is ~3 to 6 grams, and I recommend starting at the 3gs and working your way up gram by gram, a lot of people I have talked to about kratom usually report either not feeling anything, or getting violently sick, I promise you that you will know when you have taken enough, and overdoing it can and will make you miserable, so please tread carefully.

MY TEA RECIPE(No measurements, eye ball it lol)
Ingredients
Kratom strain of your choice(See effects charts above)
Tea bags
Water
Lemon juice(fresh, or pre-packaged)
Sweetener(flavored syrup, honey, agave, etc.)

Start out by measuring how much kratom you intend to take, a scale is recommended
Open up your tea bag and pour out the contents until there is about 1/4 of the tea left in the bag, this will help with the flavor
put your premeasured kratom in the bag with the tea
Place the bag in hot(NOT BOILING) water, boiled water destroys the active ingredient, thus hurting the efficacy
Let your tea steep for 5-30 minutes, it will take a while for all of the kratom to brew into the water, remove tea bag
And Lemon juice, citrus breaks down the active ingredient, therefore making it stronger
Add your sweetener
You are ready to go from here, however, I prefer my teas cold, and served over Ice, as I feel as though the flavor is better.

Other than that, this is a very brief overview of kratom, please feel to reach out if you have questions, there are also a lot of resources online as to where it is legal and where it isnt, as well as use cases, effects, etc. I highly recommend doing your own research,.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Gangrel, VampQueen, Fleki and 9 others
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I use it but I don't know what type it is, the seller says it's gold but in my opinion between gold, bronze and silver only the concentration of mitragynine changes since gold costs more but I'm not sure.

However, at low doses it is activating and at high doses it becomes sedative, it does not replace an antidepressant in terms of strength but it can be a useful ally, the problem is that it costs a lot but it is also true that it takes me a long time to finish it.

If I overdo it I feel nauseous.

Last edited:
yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Since over the past few days a few people have tried to reach me in regards to my use and knowledge of Kratom, I felt as though it could be beneficial for some for me to "go public".

Below is a brief overview of the substance as well as some benefits, negatives, and methods of consumption of kratom, if you are interested, I recommend doing further research, as I am not a doctor. It is important to note that this substance is fairly new to the west, so there is not a lot of studies regarding its efficacy or long term affects.

According to the DEA, Kratom is a plant from Southeast Asia, which produces a stimulant effect in low doses, as well as a sedative(similar to codeine) in high doses. Given that this drug is legal in most states of the US, it is fairly easy to find, and can be useful for a number of different things it has been my drug of choice for four years at this point, with it replacing a lot of medications. However, kratom can be very addictive, and while it does have benefits, like most nice things it has downsides as well.

There are many different strains of Kratom you will find, however I am fairly sure all of them are just a marketing gimmick, here are the important distinctions:
Yellow: Fermented Green, the fermentation usually strengthens the effects by a lot.

USES
Kratom is most notoriously used for those recovering from Opiate addiction, as a way to help mitigate withdrawal symptoms. It is also used as a way to treat depression and anxiety, suppress cough, as well as pain relief.
Me personally, I use it as a way to help treat my anxiety around food, which as an anorexic has been a godsend, however, one of the major withdrawal effects can be anorexia, so there is a push and a pull. I also used it as a way to replace drinking, as I will usually use it at parties and gatherings as a way to stay relatively sober.

Downsides:
Addictive as hell, withdrawals can be a nightmare, I recommend taking scheduled breaks to prevent this.
Constipation is a major problem I have with kratom, however it can be solved by taking stool softeners or magnesium.
Nausea is also a very common issue, however starting small and working your way up to higher doses can usually help this. It is also very important to not mix things (ESPECIALLY ALCHOHOL) with kratom, as while the LD50 is outrageously high, it is significantly lowered when other substances are taken along side it, which is usually responsible for most of the deaths surrounding it.

METHODS OF CONSUMPTION
Gel Capsules
Extracts(Not for beginners, I'm a frequent user and these still make me throw up)
Toss and wash(scooping dry powder into your mouth and washing it down with liquid, also not recommended for beginners, as it can get powder in your lungs)

In my experience, a standard dose of kratom is ~3 to 6 grams, and I recommend starting at the 3gs and working your way up gram by gram, a lot of people I have talked to about kratom usually report either not feeling anything, or getting violently sick, I promise you that you will know when you have taken enough, and overdoing it can and will make you miserable, so please tread carefully.

Ingredients
Tea bags
Water

Start out by measuring how much kratom you intend to take, a scale is recommended
Open up your tea bag and pour out the contents until there is about 1/4 of the tea left in the bag, this will help with the flavor
Place the bag in hot(NOT BOILING) water, boiled water destroys the active ingredient, thus hurting the efficacy
Let your tea steep for 5-30 minutes, it will take a while for all of the kratom to brew into the water, remove tea bag
And Lemon juice, citrus breaks down the active ingredient, therefore making it stronger
Add your sweetener
You are ready to go from here, however, I prefer my teas cold, and served over Ice, as I feel as though the flavor is better.

Other than that, this is a very brief overview of kratom, please feel to reach out if you have questions, there are also a lot of resources online as to where it is legal and where it isnt, as well as use cases, effects, etc. I highly recommend doing your own research,.

USES

Downsides:

METHODS OF CONSUMPTION
Gel Capsules

Ingredients
Tea bags
Water

Add your sweetener

This post is dedicated to Contraband, who recently left us. This post was made for him initially, RIP miss you friend.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: achb and stuck_here
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
I'll pass on getting that money on my back. Hard pass.

Fleki

Fleki

Machine Elf
Jul 7, 2024
Thanks for posting this. Been looking into kratom myself but I've been having a hard time finding concise information from users or even former users. Especially now that Google is a cesspool of ads and SEO poisoned sludge, I much prefer hearing accounts straight from other people lol.

yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Thanks for posting this. Been looking into kratom myself but I've been having a hard time finding concise information from users or even former users. Especially now that Google is a cesspool of ads and SEO poisoned sludge, I much prefer hearing accounts straight from other people lol.
glad it helped! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Reactions: Fleki
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Thanks for the info. Since it's addictive, how often do you take it? Do u take higher or lower doses?

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Is it really possible to od on kratom? I've read some people have ended up in the hospital or died due to taking too much. If so maybe I could ctb with kratom?

yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Is it really possible to od on kratom? I've read some people have ended up in the hospital or died due to taking too much. If so maybe I could ctb with kratom?
its an obscene amount(~100g of dry powder), most of it is because of under lying health conditions or what not. I have "OD'd" before which usually means throwing up for a few hours, a lot of that is preformative media circus stuff. HOWEVER please do some research yourself as I am not a doctor. I would not use this as a method though

• Informative
Reactions: heavyeyes
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
i once ordered two bags of kratom in 2017, but before trying it i stumbled over r/quittingkratom and then got so scared of addiction that i never touched it and i still have it. hope you enjoyed my crazy kratom story. def a good idea to look through the quittingkratom subreddit if you want to start with kratom just so you know where it could lead, but there are plenty of users who dont get addicted so you just have to know yourself

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: heavyeyes
yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
i once ordered two bags of kratom in 2017, but before trying it i stumbled over r/quittingkratom and then got so scared of addiction that i never touched it and i still have it. hope you enjoyed my crazy kratom story. def a good idea to look through the quittingkratom subreddit if you want to start with kratom just so you know where it could lead, but there are plenty of users who dont get addicted so you just have to know yourself
thats about where I am, Im a daily user and take T-breaks pretty frequently, my withdrawals are pretty minimal aside from a runny nose, HOWEVER i have friends who get full on dope sick if they dont use it every 12 hours, its different for everybody, I will say, as mentioned earlier, due to the LD-50 being so high, it is a relatively safe alternative opiates.

K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
Kratom felt like a godsend when I discovered it. It lifted me out of depression, made me productive at work and helped me with fitness and being social. Unfortunately side effects built up over a number of years and I was not able to cycle off of it to take breaks. In addition to it's opioid characteristics, some research shows it effects serotonin. If you are on it long enough, stopping entails opiate type of withdrawal followed with a long post-acute withdrawal that can last months similar to stopping SSRI antidepressants. It took me numerous quit attempts and months of tapering to finally quit.

Seizures seem to happen with very high dose users or mixing it with other substances. I didn't mess with extracts but in the r/quittingkratom and r/quittingfeelfree subs I've read numerous testimonies of people being absolutely ruined and spending 10's of thousands maintaining their extract addiction. After the honeymoon phase, kratom made me irritable and impatient with people and eventually caused me to become angry way out of character which was embarassing and regrettable.

Some people swear by it. I believe it has therapeutic use but can be highly addictive. There's also a pro-kratom lobby that makes it out to be as mild as coffee which is very misleading. Because it's unregulated there are claims of heavy metal toxicity, I've seen a few cases of salmonella and I would assume mold in the storing and shipping of a tropical plant. This is just my speculation but with all the novel opioid research chemicals it wouldn't surprise me if some unscrupulous sellers experiment with spraying the product like with K2 and spice. There are boutique sellers that claim to test their product to prevent salmonella. If experimenting, avoid cheap gas station/head shop kratom and steer clear of extracts.

yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Kratom felt like a godsend when I discovered it. It lifted me out of depression, made me productive at work and helped me with fitness and being social. Unfortunately side effects built up over a number of years and I was not able to cycle off of it to take breaks. In addition to it's opioid characteristics, some research shows it effects serotonin. If you are on it long enough, stopping entails opiate type of withdrawal followed with a long post-acute withdrawal that can last months similar to stopping SSRI antidepressants. It took me numerous quit attempts and months of tapering to finally quit.

Seizures seem to happen with very high dose users or mixing it with other substances. I didn't mess with extracts but in the r/quittingkratom and r/quittingfeelfree subs I've read numerous testimonies of people being absolutely ruined and spending 10's of thousands maintaining their extract addiction. After the honeymoon phase, kratom made me irritable and impatient with people and eventually caused me to become angry way out of character which was embarassing and regrettable.

Some people swear by it. I believe it has therapeutic use but can be highly addictive. There's also a pro-kratom lobby that makes it out to be as mild as coffee which is very misleading. Because it's unregulated there are claims of heavy metal toxicity, I've seen a few cases of salmonella and I would assume mold in the storing and shipping of a tropical plant. This is just my speculation but with all the novel opioid research chemicals it wouldn't surprise me if some unscrupulous sellers experiment with spraying the product like with K2 and spice. There are boutique sellers that claim to test their product to prevent salmonella. If experimenting, avoid cheap gas station/head shop kratom and steer clear of extracts.
This is SO important to realize, i really appreciate you saying this, extracts are the devil fr(if anyone reading this is using extracts, i have recipes on how to make them yourself to off a bit of the financial burden, however PLEASE QUIT). Kratom, is a drug, like anything else, I have a bag right now that is ABNORMALLY strong and it is terrifying, I'm proud of you for quitting homie, I've seen really bad kratom addiction in some of my friends and it looks like hell.

Reactions: Kali_Yuga13
Gangrel

Gangrel

Specialist
Jul 25, 2024
Thank you for posting this, i've found it very informative.

yarv

yarv

if i dont see you...
Aug 25, 2023
Thank you for posting this, i've found it very informative.
Of course! Hope it helped!!
God I've been I bought a bigger bag than I normally do, and it is WICKED strong, almost making me anxious