• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I believe people have been found dead in appartments etc , with charcoal briquettes in a pan on a gas stove (whether a kitchen gas stove or portable gas stove). I think I recall there was a K-Pop star who did this. but Is this effective ?

EDIT: I've heard on this forum that charcoal needs to combust, not just 'get heated up', in order to release CO adequately.. but the people who've died this way, seem to contradict that idea.

Now, to me, this seems a LOT easier than the usual charcoal methods. These involve lighting it ( bbq etc ), keeping it burning for a long time until it goes white / ashy, transferring to a bucket , putting this bucket on heat protective material / container / etc , leaving it in the location for a while .. etcetera etcetera .

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, starcrossedfate, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
with charcoal briquettes in a pan on a gas stove
Do you have links to more info on this method? Where did you read about this?

Anything involving a kitchen gas stove sounds reckless and dangerous, the risk of explosion or fire might be high and could harm others if it continues to run after the person is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, starcrossedfate and Lifeisatrap
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
Do you have links to more info on this method? Where did you read about this?

Anything involving a kitchen gas stove sounds reckless and dangerous, the risk of explosion or fire might be high and could harm others if it continues to run after the person is dead.

K-pop group SHINee member Kim Jong Hyun, 27 did this apparently. The authorities say he was found to have burned coal briquettes on a frying pan in a rented apartment.

(There's many news articles on this on the web if you just do a quick google)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, starcrossedfate and Lifeisatrap
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
The authorities say he was found to have burned coal briquettes on a frying pan in a rented apartment.
It's too bad that the media - or authorities - withholds so much information from cases like this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
Anyone know how to do this without setting off the fire alarms? I'm looking to do this in hotel

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
N

Nik

Oct 4, 2018
Personally, I'd be bagging and taping the alarms.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I believe people have been found dead in appartments etc , with charcoal briquettes in a pan on a gas stove (whether a kitchen gas stove or portable gas stove). I think I recall there was a K-Pop star who did this. but Is this effective ?

EDIT: I've heard on this forum that charcoal needs to combust, not just 'get heated up', in order to release CO adequately.. but the people who've died this way, seem to contradict that idea.

Now, to me, this seems a LOT easier than the usual charcoal methods. These involve lighting it ( bbq etc ), keeping it burning for a long time until it goes white / ashy, transferring to a bucket , putting this bucket on heat protective material / container / etc , leaving it in the location for a while .. etcetera etcetera .
He likely set the coal smouldering with flame. Cooking it in a pan alone will not cause any kind of combustion and not produce CO.

Reactions: Jen Erik, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
He likely set the coal smouldering with flame. Cooking it in a pan alone will not cause any kind of combustion and not produce CO.

Wouldn't lighting charcoal in a small rented apartment produce at least a fair, if not large, amount of smoke ? It's intriguing now he pulled it off

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Wouldn't lighting charcoal in a small rented apartment produce at least a fair, if not large, amount of smoke ? It's intriguing now he pulled it off
Yes it would, I might be totally wrong but I was under the impression he lit them somewhere outside inconspicuous like and then brought it indoors hidden and placed it on the frying pan because it was the closest thing.

Reactions: Jen Erik, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
Yes it would, I might be totally wrong but I was under the impression he lit them somewhere outside inconspicuous like and then brought it indoors hidden and placed it on the frying pan because it was the closest thing.

What about a portable propane gas stove , if used inside ? Obviously each cartridge of gas only holds so much but , if done in a car, would it work ? As the incomplete combustion must produce CO.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals