• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I think I've realized the CO through Charcoal is the method for me - specifically in a tent, from a remote campsite. It checks off all my boxes: fairly affordable, I don't have to buy anything weird from anyone I don't know and risk getting scammed, I can learn all the skills myself, it should be painless if I do it correctly, I can do it in nature in a tent, I don't have to risk my loved ones being the ones to find me, I don't need to be perfectly positioned so I can risk getting really high during the act - etc.

I'd like to start sourcing the supplies as soon as possible and I'm just trying to organize my thoughts and hopefully get a little confirmation from the community. I have used several threads here on SS, as well as this archived thread from 8chan (I think?) to figure out what I need:

Supplies and rough prices - these are not my recommendations, this is all just from stuff I've read online, for my own purposes:
  • Tent (50-250$)
    - Recommended that is is moderate in size (not so big that you can't navigate the place, but no so small that you won't have room in there with the charcoal and the heat)
    - flysheet built into the groundsheet to avoid air gaps (I have no idea what this means, but maybe someone can tell me lol)
    - HH rating of 3000mmhh or more. This is a measure of waterproofness

• Something to help seal up the tent at zippers and mesh ventilation (<10$)
    Duct tape? Aerosol waterproofing spray?
    This is something that concerns me, as it is not talked about a lot in specifics. I was thinking I would duct tape all the obvious mesh ventilation holes, and over all the large zippers. I was also thinking of using thick layers of aerosol waterproofing spray pretty much all over the place in addition to the duct tape, but this would be done in advance, as I can't really liberally spray those chemicals after I seal myself in without suffocating... in a bad way lol
    Is there any downside to fully sealing the place up? Since the coals will no longer technically be burning, I don't see any logistical issues with sealing the tent up as much as possible.

• "Premium" Charcoal Briquettes (the brand Royal Oak Ridge roughly 30$ for 15 lbs at walmart, and apparently roughly 2+lbs is all that is needed for small spaces such as a tent or car)

• Chimney Charcoal Starter (25-40$, although some are as cheap as 10$ and some as expensive as 200$ - not sure what exactly you're paying for there)

• Either a portable charcoal grill (like this) or you can use a metal bucket
    (I am worried that the charcoal grill might be difficult to move around, while the bucket may cause uneven burning... so I am not sure which option I will use)

• Newspapers

• Matches or lighter

• Bricks, or another form of insulation to place the grill or bucket onto so it doesn't burn through the tent
Other costs that I need to consider:
  • Sedatives and/or recreational drugs
  • Cost of transportation to campsite location
  • Cost of campsite location for one night

If you are knowledgeable and see anything wrong with this list or anything I should add, please let me know. I am also wondering about how to scout out a camping location to CTB. I don't have the money to be testing out campsites for that purpose, but I've never been camping (well not since I was a child) so I don't know if there are certain things I should look out for.

Also, I don't want some random person to be traumatized by my body or finding me. How are people typically found when they CTB in a tent in "public." Should I leave a note within the tent. This method poses no risk to the people around me - not that there should be any, but just incase?

I wish it wasn't so scary and dangerous to seek out a CTB partner. I feel like this method would be nice with another person. We could just essentially go camping and then go to sleep listening to some music.

I know this method seems to be unsuccessful for a lot of people, but all the other methods are too expensive, too complicated, or too scary for me and I really want to make a decision. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I think I've realized the CO through Charcoal is the method for me - specifically in a tent, from a remote campsite. It checks off all my boxes: fairly affordable, I don't have to buy anything weird from anyone I don't know and risk getting scammed, I can learn all the skills myself, it should be painless if I do it correctly, I can do it in nature in a tent, I don't have to risk my loved ones being the ones to find me, I don't need to be perfectly positioned so I can risk getting really high during the act - etc.

I'd like to start sourcing the supplies as soon as possible and I'm just trying to organize my thoughts and hopefully get a little confirmation from the community. I have used several threads here on SS, as well as this archived thread from 8chan (I think?) to figure out what I need:

Supplies and rough prices - these are not my recommendations, this is all just from stuff I've read online, for my own purposes:
  • Tent (50-250$)
    - Recommended that is is moderate in size (not so big that you can't navigate the place, but no so small that you won't have room in there with the charcoal and the heat)
    - flysheet built into the groundsheet to avoid air gaps (I have no idea what this means, but maybe someone can tell me lol)
    - HH rating of 3000mmhh or more. This is a measure of waterproofness

• Something to help seal up the tent at zippers and mesh ventilation (<10$)
    Duct tape? Aerosol waterproofing spray?
    This is something that concerns me, as it is not talked about a lot in specifics. I was thinking I would duct tape all the obvious mesh ventilation holes, and over all the large zippers. I was also thinking of using thick layers of aerosol waterproofing spray pretty much all over the place in addition to the duct tape, but this would be done in advance, as I can't really liberally spray those chemicals after I seal myself in without suffocating... in a bad way lol
    Is there any downside to fully sealing the place up? Since the coals will no longer technically be burning, I don't see any logistical issues with sealing the tent up as much as possible.

• "Premium" Charcoal Briquettes (the brand Royal Oak Ridge roughly 30$ for 15 lbs at walmart, and apparently roughly 2+lbs is all that is needed for small spaces such as a tent or car)

• Chimney Charcoal Starter (25-40$, although some are as cheap as 10$ and some as expensive as 200$ - not sure what exactly you're paying for there)

• Either a portable charcoal grill (like this) or you can use a metal bucket
    (I am worried that the charcoal grill might be difficult to move around, while the bucket may cause uneven burning... so I am not sure which option I will use)

• Newspapers

• Matches or lighter

• Bricks, or another form of insulation to place the grill or bucket onto so it doesn't burn through the tent
Other costs that I need to consider:
  • Sedatives and/or recreational drugs
  • Cost of transportation to campsite location
  • Cost of campsite location for one night

If you are knowledgeable and see anything wrong with this list or anything I should add, please let me know. I am also wondering about how to scout out a camping location to CTB. I don't have the money to be testing out campsites for that purpose, but I've never been camping (well not since I was a child) so I don't know if there are certain things I should look out for.

Also, I don't want some random person to be traumatized by my body or finding me. How are people typically found when they CTB in a tent in "public." Should I leave a note within the tent. This method poses no risk to the people around me - not that there should be any, but just incase?

I wish it wasn't so scary and dangerous to seek out a CTB partner. I feel like this method would be nice with another person. We could just essentially go camping and then go to sleep listening to some music.

I know this method seems to be unsuccessful for a lot of people, but all the other methods are too expensive, too complicated, or too scary for me and I really want to make a decision. Thanks for any help.
This is the way Im going also. What are the chimney
What are the chimney charcoal for? I'll be using Kingsford briquetes with lighter fluid in a tent. Anything you can tell me - I want to be sure this works. That's the only thing holdiing me back is the fear of failure

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Good plan but i would book for more than 1 night , i dont know what the check out hours are in a camping site but you don't want to be wake up by staff and not be dead yet.

I would book at least 3 nights and send a email to police after 48 hours so staff doesn't find you.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
This is the way Im going also. What are the chimney
What are the chimney charcoal for? I'll be using Kingsford briquetes with lighter fluid in a tent. Anything you can tell me - I want to be sure this works. That's the only thing holdiing me back is the fear of failure
Well I saw advice not to use lighter fluid, as it can lead to potentially uneven burning. Keep in mind, I am as lost as you, I am just relaying what I have heard on SS and that old 8chan thread I have linked in the original post. The chimney charcoal starter is apparently just the easiest, most reliable way to burn the charcoal evenly without the use of lighter fluid. If you can get it all to light and burn evenly without one, then I don't see a problem with it, but for me, as someone who doesn't know what I'm doing, I'd rather not be dealing with lighter fluid anyway.

• Hugs
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Well I saw advice not to use lighter fluid, as it can lead to potentially uneven burning. Keep in mind, I am as lost as you, I am just relaying what I have heard on SS and that old 8chan thread I have linked in the original post. The chimney charcoal starter is apparently just the easiest, most reliable way to burn the charcoal evenly without the use of lighter fluid. If you can get it all to light and burn evenly without one, then I don't see a problem with it, but for me, as someone who doesn't know what I'm doing, I'd rather not be dealing with lighter fluid anyway.
Where would I get a chimney charcoal starter? AMazon?

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
Good plan but i would book for more than 1 night , i dont know what the check out hours are in a camping site but you don't want to be wake up by staff and not be dead yet.

I would book at least 3 nights and send a email to police after 48 hours so staff doesn't find you.
That's actually a great idea. I was probably going to book at least 2 nights anyway - just incase it failed the first night, I would like to be able to try again the next night without much added stress or worrying about wifi and booking it again etc.
I guess I would need to schedule the email in advance from a new email address. I'll keep it simple and just tell them the method, my tent's general description (maybe I should put like, a specific colored ribbon or something on the outside of my tent so I can help the police identify it?), and my general location etc. that way if I fail, I can up and move somewhere else without worrying that the police now are looking for me specifically. Thank you for the advice.
Where would I get a chimney charcoal starter? AMazon?
Yes. I will probably get mine at a physical Walmart location or through Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonnerr
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
I figured, if it's allowed to build up in the tent before entering, best to have an extra buclets worth to take in to increase odds of PPM reaching/maintaining adequate levels.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I figured, if it's allowed to build up in the tent before entering, best to have an extra buclets worth to take in to increase odds of PPM reaching/maintaining adequate levels.
That is a very good idea, I'm surprised I haven't heard of that. That way, you have all the benefit of the extra CO, but not the risk of unmanageable heat. Thanks. Also, that way I'd have higher levels of CO upon entering the tent, which could really help the process along if I'm feeling anxious the day of.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
That's actually a great idea. I was probably going to book at least 2 nights anyway - just incase it failed the first night, I would like to be able to try again the next night without much added stress or worrying about wifi and booking it again etc.
I guess I would need to schedule the email in advance from a new email address. I'll keep it simple and just tell them the method, my tent's general description (maybe I should put like, a specific colored ribbon or something on the outside of my tent so I can help the police identify it?), and my general location etc. that way if I fail, I can up and move somewhere else without worrying that the police now are looking for me specifically. Thank you for the advice.

Yes. I will probably get mine at a physical Walmart location or through Amazon.
You can get your exact GPS location on google maps, it will lead them exactly where you are.

• Informative
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
A CO meter, for peace of mind.
I actually wanted to ask about this because, when I look online for a CO meter, I can't find any that detects above 1,000PPM, and I thought I was aiming for around 10,000PPM. I know it will be lethal at a much lower concentration, however, I still don't think a meter that can only show up to 1,000PPM will provide much peace of mind for me. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Opichi

Opichi

drive it like you stole it
Feb 18, 2021
Definitely doing this method as well. Making a move in 2 weeks to a place where I want to CTB too :)! It'll be a lot easier to find a more beautiful camping spot to finish up in. Super excited!

Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
I actually wanted to ask about this because, when I look online for a CO meter, I can't find any that detects above 1,000PPM, and I thought I was aiming for around 10,000PPM. I know it will be lethal at a much lower concentration, however, I still don't think a meter that can only show up to 1,000PPM will provide much peace of mind for me. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?
CozIR goes up to 10,000. And 6400ppm should do the job in less than 15 minutes. 13,000 for 3 minutes. If you use a meter, then you can take something for the headache, instead of using it to guage the toxicity. If that's what you were going to do.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
CozIR goes up to 10,000. And 6400ppm should do the job in less than 15 minutes. 13,000 for 3 minutes. If you use a meter, then you can take something for the headache, instead of using it to guage the toxicity. If that's what you were going to do.
Okay thank you. This is the one I am looking at. It is pretty expensive at 160$ (180$ with shipping), but it's probably worth it to ensure peace of mind and a successful attempt. I think without it, I probably would be anxious about not getting the levels high enough. I was hoping to find something that was easier to use (a handheld device with a simple LED screen), but for this, I will need to find a way to keep it plugged into something... specifically I think I may also need a computer with me to use the software needed to see the CO levels. Perhaps there is a way to do this with my phone instead, but I am not sure, as it needs a USB port I think? Either way, I'll look into it, thank you for the information again!

Edit: Oh wait, the one I linked is a CO2 meter, not a CO meter. The highest option they have for CO on their website is 5000PPM I think (here)? And looking at the photos, I am very lost how it works from the user's end. It looks like a little circuit board and I'm confused lol. I'll just have to do some research I guess. In reality, I may skip out on the meter though if I can't find something simple to use. I know I should plan and be patient, but I really don't want to learn anything else, I just want to go without anymore stress.

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I would use "gutter sealant" to seal up the zippers and seams. It comes in a tube for caulking guns.

This is the one I am looking at.
That's just for the sensor.

This is what you need:

Carbon Monoxide Analyzer

That is the one I bought. I think I got a little more off the price by use of a coupon or something.

Use more charcoal than you think necessary. RO lump charcoal, 100% carbon.

Use some tightly wadded newspapers to start the charcoals. Wait until all are glowing white hot. Transfer into buckets or other appropriate container. Move them into the tent. Place containers onto bricks in tent away from "walls". Utilize analyzer to monitor CO. When analyzer tops out (9999 PPM), time to get into the tent.

*For informational and educational purposes only.

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Following this as I'm interested in this method too.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I would use "gutter sealant" to seal up the zippers and seams. It comes in a tube for caulking guns.

That's just for the sensor.

This is what you need:

Carbon Monoxide Analyzer

That is the one I bought. I think I got a little more off the price by use of a coupon or something.

Use more charcoal than you think necessary. RO lump charcoal, 100% carbon.

Use some tightly wadded newspapers to start the charcoals. Wait until all are glowing white hot. Transfer into buckets or other appropriate container. Move them into the tent. Place containers onto bricks in tent away from "walls". Utilize analyzer to monitor CO. When analyzer tops out (9999 PPM), time to get into the tent.

*For informational and educational purposes only.
Thank you for the link and general information. That sensor is exactly what I need. It's expensive, but it's worth it. I wish there was a way to donate it to someone else after I am gone...

Regarding using lump vs briquettes, this is what I read online from this archived thread:
"First of all, you need to buy "premium" charcoal. The two most common type are lumpwood and briquettes. I would highly suggest to use quality briquettes over lumpwood. The consistency of briquettes make them a lot easier to light and they smoulder longer than lumpwood and burn cooler. They do have a bit less carbon content, but in the end it's not a big deal. Also, contrary to popular belief here, quality briquettes usually produce less smoke too."

Do you disagree with this guy? I personally have no fucking idea, but I'm thinking the most important thing, regardless of which option I choose, is using enough, getting it to burn properly and evenly, and putting it in the tent / entering the tent at the right time.

I think I will probably get into the tent a little early? I was planning to get really high and go to sleep listening to music, or potentially to OD on opioids while in the tent to sort of double up on methods. How will I test the CO level without being in the tent? I guess I will have to find a way to keep it in the tent while it is still visible to me from the outside? Am I being an idiot? Is there some easier way I'm missing?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Do you disagree with this guy? I personally have no fucking idea, but I'm thinking the most important thing, regardless of which option I choose, is using enough, getting it to burn properly and evenly, and putting it in the tent / entering the tent at the right time.
I don't know. All of the threads I've seen say lump is best.

I think I will probably get into the tent a little early?
Why? The earlier you get in (before a high level of CO is reached), the more likely you are to suffer the unwanted effects form the CO, like headache, nausea, burning eyes, vomiting, etc. For me, I want to go into the tent at such a high CO level that I become unconscious in just a few breaths. I don't want to suffer all the bad affects.

This is a difficult method to do as you describe by listening to music and falling asleep. CO can produce some horrendous symptoms which will render the entire method as not peaceful. That's not for me. I don't want to suffer through all that. When I enter the tent, I want to know that within a few breaths that I will become unconscious and death will occur a very short time later with me not even realizing it. It's really that quick at a high level of 10000 PPM or above.

172836 CO Levels Chart

• Hugs
dogtired

dogtired

Jul 3, 2023
potentially to OD on opioids while in the tent to sort of double up on methods
Hey, sorry kinda off topic but I remember you posting a few days ago about using an IV opioid overdose to ctb and just wondering why you've decided against that method, or solely that method (i.e. without combining it with the CO method)

Only asking bc I've pretty much decided on heroin OD as my method of choice but incidentally charcoal burning/CO was my second choice, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything if you don't see opioid OD as a good method (at least on its own) any more. And if there's a specific reason why CO is better bc I'm still open to it in theory. Thanks :)

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
Hey, sorry kinda off topic but I remember you posting a few days ago about using an IV opioid overdose to ctb and just wondering why you've decided against that method, or solely that method (i.e. without combining it with the CO method)

Only asking bc I've pretty much decided on heroin OD as my method of choice but incidentally charcoal burning/CO was my second choice, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything if you don't see opioid OD as a good method (at least on its own) any more. And if there's a specific reason why CO is better bc I'm still open to it in theory. Thanks :)
Dude I literally don't know. I was just writing about this in my journal because for some reason, I cannot get myself to commit to that method. I wrote essentially "logically, opioid OD is perfect in everyway for me, but I just cannot commit to it for some reason." To be clear, I still stand by everything I said in that post - but to sum it up: it fucking terrifies me for some reason and I really don't know why, but I think it's related to my associations with a really horrible time of my life.

My drug addiction was, not pleasant to say the least - I would definitely use the word "traumatizing." As an ex addict, I believe there is only one thing that can get someone clean, and that is believing on some level that sobriety > addiction. You can do that by cultivating a life you don't hate being sober in, or by cultivating a truly horrific life in active addiction which makes sobriety seem decent by comparison - I definitely did the latter. thinking about it, my addiction, makes me sick to my stomach even now - I think it says a lot that I would rather CTB than go back to active heroin addiction or even relapse once - I simply cannot live that life for a single moment holy fuck it is horrifying to me. it just took such a toll on me mentally, just waking up every single day sick and anxious and scared. I think I'm just having a weird visceral reaction to the idea of just using an opioid OD that I can't explain. I oddly enough, think it would trigger my SI more than some significantly more brutal methods. I don't think I have the balls to IV myself like that anymore - not with heroin, I think I'd just start crying and be too scared and just have a lot of random extreme emotions that I don't want to have.

I am also very very very afraid of experiencing a dope rush and surviving, because I really don't think I can ever have that feeling again, the feeling of actually being okay, without going literally insane when I went back to sobriety. It doesn't scare me as much to do it when I consider the CO my "main method" - I really like the idea of having a few minutes to "settle in" and pretend I'm going to sleep. It's very personal, and I genuinely can't explain it myself, but this method (the tent) just feels more "right" for me. I think, even if I did heroin in combination with the CO/tent method, I probably would just shoot for a regular OD that would make me dip out - not one that would render me unconscious within a second - I can't really give you or myself and answer but it just feels too scary to me to go all out with that method. I know I specifically talked shit about N, and I compared all of its good qualities to opioids, but I could definitely do that if it was more accessible, which makes me think it's all just about my negative association with heroin. Which is a shame, as heroin is my love.

Last edited:
Shattering

Shattering

Jul 16, 2023
This is honestly my most probable method. I have the space and privacy for this to work hopefully as intended. The information is a welcome blessing.

dogtired

dogtired

Jul 3, 2023
Dude I literally don't know. I was just writing about this in my journal because for some reason, I cannot get myself to commit to that method. I wrote essentially "logically, opioid OD is perfect in everyway for me, but I just cannot commit to it for some reason." To be clear, I still stand by everything I said in that post - but to sum it up: it fucking terrifies me for some reason and I really don't know why, but I think it's related to my associations with a really horrible time of my life.

My drug addiction was, not pleasant to say the least - I would definitely use the word "traumatizing." As an ex addict, I believe there is only one thing that can get someone clean, and that is believing on some level that sobriety > addiction. You can do that by cultivating a life you don't hate being sober in, or by cultivating a truly horrific life in active addiction which makes sobriety seem decent by comparison - I definitely did the latter. thinking about it, my addiction, makes me sick to my stomach even now - I think it says a lot that I would rather CTB than go back to active heroin addiction or even relapse once - I simply cannot live that life for a single moment holy fuck it is horrifying to me. it just took such a toll on me mentally, just waking up every single day sick and anxious and scared. I think I'm just having a weird visceral reaction to the idea of just using an opioid OD that I can't explain. I oddly enough, think it would trigger my SI more than some significantly more brutal methods. I don't think I have the balls to IV myself like that anymore - not with heroin, I think I'd just start crying and be too scared and just have a lot of random extreme emotions that I don't want to have.

I am also very very very afraid of experiencing a dope rush and surviving, because I really don't think I can ever have that feeling again, the feeling of actually being okay, without going literally insane when I went back to sobriety. It doesn't scare me as much to do it when I consider the CO my "main method" - I really like the idea of having a few minutes to "settle in" and pretend I'm going to sleep. It's very personal, and I genuinely can't explain it myself, but this method (the tent) just feels more "right" for me. I think, even if I did heroin in combination with the CO/tent method, I probably would just shoot for a regular OD that would make me dip out - not one that would render me unconscious within a second - I can't really give you or myself and answer but it just feels too scary to me to go all out with that method. I know I specifically talked shit about N, and I compared all of its good qualities to opioids, but I could definitely do that if it was more accessible, which makes me think it's all just about my negative association with heroin. Which is a shame, as heroin is my love.
That actually makes a lot of sense. If you want a peaceful death you don't want a method that's gonna bring up deep trauma. Sounds like (suicidal ideation aside ofc) your addiction recovery is in a v solid place if it's so unfathomable to ever go back to it. Personally I've been dabbling again this past month after throwing away 3 years of clean time but spacing out my using days to avoid getting physically dependent again. Using a couple times a week is ok for me atm but if I get to the point where I'm having withdrawals without it I'm killing myself immediately - I'd absolutely rather die than go through addiction/withdrawal again so I relate to that aspect at least. CO sounds like a better method for you for what it's worth, I understand the thought process.