• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Hey, I paid $7.10 for this split!
Jun 1, 2024
@VEROXEM afaik people consuming a lot of alc have failed (use the search). Usually no alc/sedatives are needed.

Welcome! Any kind of charcoal will do but it is recommended to use lump charcoal. When you have a few more posts you can access the search. This stuff has been discussed many times.
Ok then! My plan B was to force my self not sleep for a few nights and just fall down sleeping in the room.
Thanks for advice.

S

sickofthisht

Jul 2, 2024
@VEROXEM afaik people consuming a lot of alc have failed (use the search). Usually no alc/sedatives are needed.

Welcome! Any kind of charcoal will do but it is recommended to use lump charcoal. When you have a few more posts you can access the search. This stuff has been discussed many times.
Thank you for coming back

This is where I am so far

But gutted when people say about not doing it if your house is attached, my neighbours have a kid and id hate to cause them any issues.

But I do have two cars at the moment, one of them is rubbish so I might use that so my brother have my beamer.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-02-16-25-23-584_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-02-16-25-23-584_com.android.chrome.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Thank you for coming back

This is where I am so far

But gutted when people say about not doing it if your house is attached, my neighbours have a kid and id hate to cause them any issues.

But I do have two cars at the moment, one of them is rubbish so I might use that so my brother have my beamer.

Thanks again
That actually depends what type of walls you have.
From what I read CO disperse evenly in a room after a while.
If you have none hollow walls (not american dry wall) CO should not pass through walls.

I still would not recommend you do it if you have neighbors in close vicinity.

Last edited:
S

sickofthisht

Jul 2, 2024
That actually depends what type of walls you have.
From what I read CO disperse evenly in a room after a while.
If you have none hollow walls (not american dry wall) CO should not pass through walls.

I still would not recommend you do it if you have neighbors in close vicinity.
Ye looks like that option has gone now, the wall is very hollow.

For now I'm just gonna get my shit ready and put it in the shed.

Do you think the stuff I have so far is of suitable quality?

VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Ye looks like that option has gone now, the wall is very hollow.

For now I'm just gonna get my shit ready and put it in the shed.

Do you think the stuff I have so far is of suitable quality?
Im no expert but I would look for something that brands it self as "carbonized" and "burns for a goodwill" all I know is that lump> briquettes.

VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
But I thought you said any lump charcoal is good

That any better?
No no sorry if you misunderstood me.
Lump is better then briquettes that's why I wrote lump> briquettes.
as for your brand I'm not familiar with it.
But you should look for brands that specifically advertise that they are carbonized.

S

sickofthisht

Jul 2, 2024
No no sorry if you misunderstood me.
Lump is better then briquettes that's why I wrote lump> briquettes.
as for your brand I'm not familiar with it.
But you should look for brands that specifically advertise that they are carbonized.
Not having much luck with that on Amazon, what difference does carbonised make

VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Not having much luck with that on Amazon, what difference does carbonised make
It's in the name CARBON monoxide. If its carbonized that would mean its made of of more carbon molecules then other charcoal brands. More carbon means more CO it produces. Its used for marketing to show that's the charcoal can stay solid and burn for longer periods of time which is ideal for what we are trying to achieve.
More time it gets to burn more time it can produce carbon monoxide.

S

sickofthisht

Jul 2, 2024
It's in the name CARBON monoxide. If its carbonized that would mean its made of of more carbon molecules then other charcoal brands. More carbon means more CO it produces. Its used for marketing to show that's the charcoal can stay solid and burn for longer periods of time which is ideal for what we are trying to achieve.
More time it gets to burn more time it can produce carbon monoxide.
I think I'll just go with the ones I have. I mean, 2 big buckets full in a small bathroom. Update on that btw, rhere is 2 walls between my bathroom and the neighbours,there is the stairs then the bathroom other side of stairs and I gonna put dust sheets all around the bathroom so I rekon I gonna be ok to do it in there

M

munny1981

Jun 30, 2024
Okay my plan is the CO method in my car even if I have to buy a campsite for the night. I have a Chevy HHR, plan on taping all the seals and everything but I do not have time to do a test run or the money to put out. With all the people that I've seen do this in Hong Kong and a woman who had her kids in the car and I'll pass with this method, I just want to know if anybody can tell me if I put two small tabletop grills in the back and use pans to put underneath for the heat so nothing catches on fire, how guaranteed am I? I don't want to think I don't want to plan I don't have time. I'm 43, I'm making sure that my son is set with his other mom with therapy and school and making sure he's fine. I just feel like I don't want to keep going I can't I got the stuff sitting in the back of my car right now. I got one grill and two bags of charcoal. I've done enough grilling in my life to know where the coals need to be but I do not want to worry about waking up at all. Is there any advice that can be given or suggestions so I can make this a one and done

AdamOndiAhman

AdamOndiAhman

dreaming on kolob
Feb 8, 2024
my mind is too fried for me to do this for myself.
the tent i was going with had space between the floor and the sides of the tent if that makes sense. so i looked for a tent that was fully attached and ive went with a blue regetta malawi 2.
i just need help with the calculation for the volume and then matching that with how much charcoal is necessary.
the tent stats are: 77x77x4 cm.

i guess ill just do it myself and have someone here correct me:
0.77x0.77x.0.04= 0.023716 and im guessing this is the volume so its 0.02m³?
and its .135kg per m3?
this is the point im stuck at

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
the tent stats are: 77x77x4 cm.
I doubt you would fit into this tent. it's only 4cm high?

Otherwise, your calculation is correct with min. 0.135kg / m³ but you should increase that amount 3 or 4 times or more, that's what I would do to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Not A Fan
AdamOndiAhman

AdamOndiAhman

dreaming on kolob
Feb 8, 2024
I doubt you would fit into this tent. it's only 4cm high?

Otherwise, your calculation is correct with min. 0.135kg / m³ but you should increase that amount 3 or 4 times or more, that's what I would do to be on the safe side.
attached is a pic of the tent and its specifications from regettas website. its the same tent zannex used, only a different colour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-08-56-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-08-56-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-08-47-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-08-47-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Is there any advice that can be given or suggestions so I can make this a one and done
Welcome to the forum. Don't rush it, read the Megathread and do proper planning if you're serious about this method.

attached is a pic of the tent and its specifications from regettas website. its the same tent zannex used, only a different colour.
This is the pack size of the tent. You need to know the size when the tent is standing like on the photo.

Reactions: AdamOndiAhman
AdamOndiAhman

AdamOndiAhman

dreaming on kolob
Feb 8, 2024
This is the pack size of the tent. You need to know the size when the tent is standing like on the photo.
ohhhh....
i told u my brain is fried lmao.
guess ill just have to wait for it to arrive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
S

souleater

Jul 2, 2024
I don't want to do it in a car since I would like my family to be able to sell it and get some money.

Reactions: smaragdyne and Praestat_Mori
Sunttu1997

Sunttu1997

Jun 30, 2024
Do I put the coal buckets on the car seats? I dont think they fit on the floor. Will they burn the roof of my car then?

Sunttu1997

Sunttu1997

Jun 30, 2024
Tried burning disposable grill and those brickets didnt even glow. I guess I need to get chimney starter

J

just cant

Jul 11, 2024
Okay my plan is the CO method in my car even if I have to buy a campsite for the night. I have a Chevy HHR, plan on taping all the seals and everything but I do not have time to do a test run or the money to put out. With all the people that I've seen do this in Hong Kong and a woman who had her kids in the car and I'll pass with this method, I just want to know if anybody can tell me if I put two small tabletop grills in the back and use pans to put underneath for the heat so nothing catches on fire, how guaranteed am I? I don't want to think I don't want to plan I don't have time. I'm 43, I'm making sure that my son is set with his other mom with therapy and school and making sure he's fine. I just feel like I don't want to keep going I can't I got the stuff sitting in the back of my car right now. I got one grill and two bags of charcoal. I've done enough grilling in my life to know where the coals need to be but I do not want to worry about waking up at all. Is there any advice that can be given or suggestions so I can make this a one and done
Just following up, have you tried your method?

M

munny1981

Jun 30, 2024
Not yet, like I said I want to get things settled with my son first and God knows I can't make things go any faster and me and the ex-wife live in two different counties over an hour away. So I haven't gone there yet but it just gives me more time to think and make sure

Welcome to the forum. Don't rush it, read the Megathread and do proper planning if you're serious about this method.

Well considering the economy and I'm a single mom and what I've been through and just the last two years there's no way I can afford to see O2 meter that's hundreds of dollars. I have a 12-year-old that I have to think about while I'm breathing. I've read quite a few things on this method about the amount, about whether you should put it in the car and then put yourself in the car or to let it build up and then get in the car. There's just so much back and forth but in my brain I would think put one in there and let it build up and then fire up a second one while that one's building and when the second one is done put that in there and get your ass into the car. I mean that's the only option I would think of. Because like I said this is going to be a one and done I will not be a burden on anyone. Which I guess I have to make sure that I have a do not resuscitate order in place as well

Last edited:
M

munny1981

Jun 30, 2024
I am really in need of some desperate help right now for this method. Not only am I under workers comp. And because of a scheduling miscommunication, that I'm gonna lose my job now. I'm also injured from this job and i'm done. I know this method has to be planned just for the right levels. And everything I know all that, but I'm hoping somebody can message me. Think of me some type of detail to make sure I do everything correct. Because I can't risk not doing it correctly. I am so intricate right now that I'm in a small bathroom in my ex-wife's house. Just wanting to leave right now, but my son is in the other room. It will be in my Chevy hhr I know and understand that I need to seal things off like vents and everything and I know. It's probably gonna be warm in that car, but need to make sure I have enough of everything I need and if I need to sit in there while it rises, or if I need to let it rise for a while. And have?
A second source like a second grill or whatever I'm desperate, so please anybody. Please ask you and beg to reach out. I do not have time to do a test run. And I have no funds to get a meter. I know this is the quickest way andthe most peaceful waySo my son doesn't have to see anything gruesome.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I am really in need of some desperate help right now for this method. Not only am I under workers comp. And because of a scheduling miscommunication, that I'm gonna lose my job now. I'm also injured from this job and i'm done. I know this method has to be planned just for the right levels. And everything I know all that, but I'm hoping somebody can message me. Think of me some type of detail to make sure I do everything correct. Because I can't risk not doing it correctly. I am so intricate right now that I'm in a small bathroom in my ex-wife's house. Just wanting to leave right now, but my son is in the other room. It will be in my Chevy hhr I know and understand that I need to seal things off like vents and everything and I know. It's probably gonna be warm in that car, but need to make sure I have enough of everything I need and if I need to sit in there while it rises, or if I need to let it rise for a while. And have?
A second source like a second grill or whatever I'm desperate, so please anybody. Please ask you and beg to reach out. I do not have time to do a test run. And I have no funds to get a meter. I know this is the quickest way andthe most peaceful waySo my son doesn't have to see anything gruesome.
I'm sorry you're so desperate but without proper planning you might fail. Here's a guide:

... and you also find lots of info in this thread.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
M

munny1981

Jun 30, 2024
I'm sorry you're so desperate but without proper planning you might fail. Here's a guide:

... and you also find lots of info in this thread.
I have looked at every single thread and every single. One of them talks about a meter. I'm literally wanting to do this immediately. I have supplies in the back of my car. I have $300 to my name and I am not useful to any fucking Bunny. I am literally alone and I would rather be a goddamn vegetable than fill the way. I'm feeling right now. I'm so done? 43 years and I'm done, so if somebody can not help me. And tell me if I need to use 2 or just one or if I just need to sit in there while it rises or if I need to let it sit in there while I'm outside of it, then I don't know what to do because I have looked at everything on this page and beyond. And I don't have time to get a meter I bet the people in china didn't do it, or the mom that had her two kids in the car and succeeded except the children didn't deserve it

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I have looked at every single thread and every single. One of them talks about a meter. I'm literally wanting to do this immediately. I have supplies in the back of my car. I have $300 to my name and I am not useful to any fucking Bunny. I am literally alone and I would rather be a goddamn vegetable than fill the way. I'm feeling right now. I'm so done? 43 years and I'm done, so if somebody can not help me. And tell me if I need to use 2 or just one or if I just need to sit in there while it rises or if I need to let it sit in there while I'm outside of it, then I don't know what to do because I have looked at everything on this page and beyond. And I don't have time to get a meter I bet the people in china didn't do it, or the mom that had her two kids in the car and succeeded except the children didn't deserve it
You don't necessarily need a meter. Don't burn the coals inside the car and sit with the smoke, burn them outside until they stopped smoking and they are glowing red. You have to seal all vents and windows as best as you can. Whether 1 grill or 2 grill depends on the volume inside the car, if in doubt, I would use 2 grills full of charcoal.

Reactions: Artemisia
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I wouldn't buy those all-in-one, "ready to burn"-type grills that has the charcoal and grill together. It is adviseable to use good quality lump charcoal, 100% carbon. Chimney starters to get the coals lit. Maybe some small steel buckets to put the coals in after they're glowing red and emitting no smoke. Then the buckets are placed inside and given time to fill the car with CO. Cars are more dangerous because you're limited where you can place the buckets of coals which will be extremely hot. It's harder to seal all the leakage points in a car, too. With no meter, it's about impossible to know if the necessary amount of CO would be in the space. There's a formula to use .135 kg of charcoal per each cubic meter (m³) of volume of the space being used. That's a minimum though.

You doing this in the mental condition you seem to be in, just trying to do this "shooting from the hip", so to speak, with no real planning, researching, studying, understanding, is probably going to result in a failed attempt, probably messing you up big time, maybe rendering you a vegetable. I wouldn't advise doing this in the haphazard way you are contemplating doing it right now. It's probably going to go bad for you.

Reactions: Artemisia and Praestat_Mori
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
You don't necessarily need a meter. Don't burn the coals inside the car and sit with the smoke, burn them outside until they stopped smoking and they are glowing red. You have to seal all vents and windows as best as you can. Whether 1 grill or 2 grill depends on the volume inside the car, if in doubt, I would use 2 grills full of charcoal.
Meter 👎 analyzer 👍

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and Praestat_Mori
M

munny1981

Jun 30, 2024
I wouldn't buy those all-in-one, "ready to burn"-type grills that has the charcoal and grill together. It is adviseable to use good quality lump charcoal, 100% carbon. Chimney starters to get the coals lit. Maybe some small steel buckets to put the coals in after they're glowing red and emitting no smoke. Then the buckets are placed inside and given time to fill the car with CO. Cars are more dangerous because you're limited where you can place the buckets of coals which will be extremely hot. It's harder to seal all the leakage points in a car, too. With no meter, it's about impossible to know if the necessary amount of CO would be in the space. There's a formula to use .135 kg of charcoal per each cubic meter (m³) of volume of the space being used. That's a minimum though.

You doing this in the mental condition you seem to be in, just trying to do this "shooting from the hip", so to speak, with no real planning, researching, studying, understanding, is probably going to result in a failed attempt, probably messing you up big time, maybe rendering you a vegetable. I wouldn't advise doing this in the haphazard way you are contemplating doing it right now. It's probably going to go bad for you.
If I'm a vegetable, I will never know. I already have pans to put under coals for water. I have a table top small grill and will purchase another so I can have 2. I bout 2 bags of Kingsford charcoal, and my car is an hhr. I've already read about how to's in a car and buying the correct tape to seal. My back seats lay down completely and put pans under with ice water for any heat. Like I said, I've read all these threads plus the hp handbook.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If I'm a vegetable, I will never know. I already have pans to put under coals for water. I have a table top small grill and will purchase another so I can have 2. I bout 2 bags of Kingsford charcoal, and my car is an hhr. I've already read about how to's in a car and buying the correct tape to seal. My back seats lay down completely and put pans under with ice water for any heat. Like I said, I've read all these threads plus the hp handbook.
You don't know that you won't know if you are a vegetable. You could very well be aware of everything going on, but not be able to do anything about it depending on what parts of the brain become damaged. You could become trapped within your own mind, just unable to move, unable to speak. That would be a nightmare, probably a worse life than you have now.

Reactions: 54378