• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
I tried it and nothing happened. I used a burner in the bathroom, burning about nine briquettes. Once the burning heat was done and started to go into the white phase, I shut myself in the bathroom and lay down on a sleeping bag. It was smokey and my eyes stung a bit but that's about it.

I don't know if it's because I need to add more briquettes or need to let it burn even longer. Meanwhile I'm on my phone, still on the sleeping bag, wondering what it's gonna take.

I know of some notable people in Asia who died by this method but they used Korean style briquettes. I don't know if there's a big difference in that type and ours in the US but they are charcoal.

One guy burned a couple of briquettes in a pan in a regular closed room and managed to khs. So, idk. This is one where trial and error seems to be key.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
How are you now? Still around?
It seems you may have severely underestimated the amount of charcoal needed. Also, you're supposed to let the flames die down but put the coals in place while still glowing red! Not when they're turning white. Also, leave in the chosen place for about an hour before you go in.

This is not for you specifically, but I'll never get how playing with life and death is so easy to so many people. There are now 64 pages explaining exactly what to do, but time and time and time and time again it's like they don't exist and we get the same questions ad nauseam.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AdamOndiAhman
randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
How are you now? Still around?
It seems you may have severely underestimated the amount of charcoal needed. Also, you're supposed to let the flames die down but put the coals in place while still glowing red! Not when they're turning white. Also, leave in the chosen place for about an hour before you go in.

This is not for you specifically, but I'll never get how playing with life and death is so easy to so many people. There are now 64 pages explaining exactly what to do, but time and time and time and time again it's like they don't exist and we get the same questions ad nauseam.
I'm still around. I'm okay. My room is completely smoked. But the only thing I get is stung eyes and a bit of burning of the nose. I did put the charcoal in place glowing red. The first time, I stepped into the bathroom after the coals had burned through a lot on the gas burner. In another attempt, I stayed in the room as they burned from the start. But you are probably right. I might need way more charcoal.

In my case, I don't think I can do a big grill in the room because of neighbor next door. I live in a duplex and she might be able to sniff out that much intensity. She also never stays out for more than work hours (I work too). Anyway, I do see that that's why there are so many accounts of people using 1 or 2 full length grills--to get it done quickly and effectively. So, I might have to consider a change of location.

Again, it makes me wonder how the Koreans do it, because that is apparently the most popular method in S. Korea, and they often use burners if not a traditional Korean grill, and in many cases they were accidentally offing themseves during the winter months lighting up.

Anyway, I appreciate you chiming in. I'm still reading through the entirety of this thread and I've only been here a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artemisia
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I'm still around. I'm okay. My room is completely smoked. But the only thing I get is stung eyes and a bit of burning of the nose. I did put the charcoal in place glowing red. The first time, I stepped into the bathroom after the coals had burned through a lot on the gas burner. In another attempt, I stayed in the room as they burned from the start. But you are probably right. I might need way more charcoal.

In my case, I don't think I can do a big grill in the room because of neighbor next door. I live in a duplex and she might be able to sniff out that much intensity. She also never stays out for more than work hours (I work too). Anyway, I do see that that's why there are so many accounts of people using 1 or 2 full length grills--to get it done quickly and effectively. So, I might have to consider a change of location.

Again, it makes me wonder how the Koreans do it, because that is apparently the most popular method in S. Korea, and they often use burners if not a traditional Korean grill, and in many cases they were accidentally offing themseves during the winter months lighting up.

Anyway, I appreciate you chiming in. I'm still reading through the entirety of this thread and I've only been here a few days.

If you're really serious about ctb with CO, reading the thread, at least the first 10 or so pages, is a good start. Although technically CO is quite lethal, it takes quantity and time and they're proportionally inverse. With low concentrations it takes a long time, with high concentrations it's quick. To estimate concentration, you need to calculate the volume of the room and have a fair idea of the percentage of carbon in your briquettes (Korean briquettes are possibly almost all carbon, I don't know).
If all you got is burning eyes and itchy nose, your CO level is nowhere even remotely enough! In a high concentration you should start feeling nauseous and get headaches, that's why staying while it builds up is not advisable. To do things right, with the highest possibility of succeeding and the least discomfort, you need an amount so high that it'll knock you out before you even experience the headaches and nausea. That's why you should let it build first.

Living in a building always sucks! Is there a way you can train your neighbour? Find some legit explanation to why you're burning stuff if she asks? You could then do it occasionally until she stops wondering if the building is on fire and just relaxes knowing it's you doing your thing.

Well, hope you find here what you're looking for and, if it comes to it, that you have a good journey to the other side.

B

bwerner

Nov 23, 2023

The charcoal in South Korea is different than Western charcoal. It is more potent and gives off more CO when burning.

Reactions: randomeyes11
randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
If you're really serious about ctb with CO, reading the thread, at least the first 10 or so pages, is a good start. Although technically CO is quite lethal, it takes quantity and time and they're proportionally inverse. With low concentrations it takes a long time, with high concentrations it's quick. To estimate concentration, you need to calculate the volume of the room and have a fair idea of the percentage of carbon in your briquettes (Korean briquettes are possibly almost all carbon, I don't know).
If all you got is burning eyes and itchy nose, your CO level is nowhere even remotely enough! In a high concentration you should start feeling nauseous and get headaches, that's why staying while it builds up is not advisable. To do things right, with the highest possibility of succeeding and the least discomfort, you need an amount so high that it'll knock you out before you even experience the headaches and nausea. That's why you should let it build first.

Living in a building always sucks! Is there a way you can train your neighbour? Find some legit explanation to why you're burning stuff if she asks? You could then do it occasionally until she stops wondering if the building is on fire and just relaxes knowing it's you doing your thing.

Well, hope you find here what you're looking for and, if it comes to it, that you have a good journey to the other side.
I was just reading around those parts of the thread, yes. Makes me wish I lived in a house. But it's also interesting because the process isn't difficult but clearly if you don't do it in the right order with the right amount, you don't get the results you want. After everything, I just wound up with bit of a raspy throat in the aftermath.

My neighbor is a nice lady who is concerned about me, so I don't know if that's possible tbh. She knows I'm going through a lot. And she's alone in that apartment when she isn't working or doing groceries, no kids or grandkids and such either. So I think the setting might be against me too. So if I want to try again, I might have to consider the car or another alternative. Whatever happens, thanks.

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I was just reading around those parts of the thread, yes. Makes me wish I lived in a house. But it's also interesting because the process isn't difficult but clearly if you don't do it in the right order with the right amount, you don't get the results you want. After everything, I just wound up with bit of a raspy throat in the aftermath.

My neighbor is a nice lady who is concerned about me, so I don't know if that's possible tbh. She knows I'm going through a lot. And she's alone in that apartment when she isn't working or doing groceries, no kids or grandkids and such either. So I think the setting might be against me too. So if I want to try again, I might have to consider the car or another alternative. Whatever happens, thanks.
I do hope your life can take a turn for the better, but if it comes to that, car or tent may be indeed the best options. Take care and, if I can answer, do t hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

Reactions: randomeyes11
E

ephemeralme

Jun 16, 2024
I don't know how to measure cubic volume of the inside of my car (small SUV). How many pounds of coal should I burn to be safe?

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I don't know how to measure cubic volume of the inside of my car (small SUV). How many pounds of coal should I burn to be s
It's not easy measuring the volume of such an irregular object, but if it's a small city car, 3 m3 is a safe bet. So, maybe 4 or 5 for a SUV, just to err on the upper side.

randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
I have actually been reading about the charcoal method. And there are so many variations on this. That drives me crazy. I saw about the suicide of a guy, who at 2:30 pm, had 2 barbecues in the bathroom with high heat, went in and out of the bathroom several times to ask for help on the forum, because he couldn't stand the heat. At 2:50 pm he definitely entered the bathroom, and at 3:30 pm he was found dead, they tried to resuscitate him, but were unable to do so. That was a quick time of death. Look at his grills in the photo. He didn't wait for the fire to go out. based on the chronology of time, I believe he must have died within 30 minutes. I believe that if you seal the place, with the coal burning over high heat, the death time is faster. What do you think?
Well, that sounds a little on the agonizing side, which is what ideally you don't want?

Most of the theory here seems to be right. But what I've been told is that you wanna let it get to the ember phase first so the CO builds and passing out happens quickly after you enter. If you have to sit there for minutes on end in the heat, then you will struggle for a bit until you pass out.

What I was explained is that if you do it right, it can happen quickly. The longest part should be the burning of the charcoal beforehand. And, yeah, if the bathroom is sealed, especially with no vents, it'll contain the CO better.

It's stunning to me how some people really have incredible force of will and endure that incredible heat. I could barely do it. But I also don't have the best living circumstances to allow for this method at home.

Reactions: persef
persef

persef

Jun 16, 2024
I saw videos that put sugar on charcoal so that there is no smoke. So the coal burns without smoke. What do you think of this? Would sugar interfere with the production of carbon monoxide?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I saw videos that put sugar on charcoal so that there is no smoke. So the coal burns without smoke. What do you think of this? Would sugar interfere with the production of carbon monoxide?
When sugar is burnt it becomes carbon some of that carbon will react with the oxygen in the air to CO2 and CO (in an incomplete combustion). But burning sugar doesn't smell very nice, imo. Why not just burn the charcoal, wait until it's glowing and then get it inside?

Reactions: persef and Artemisia
P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
First time posting but hoping to achieve my goal quickly.... anyone think anything wrong with this setup gonna seal my small bathroom I'm my 1br. Burn the coals outside till white in starter and fill grill with them. Any help appreciated I'm 34 tomorrow, and everyone I've devoted my life to has lied and cheated on me. Planning on doing this soon almost dove into it but don't wanna screw it up.

1000016013 1000016014

Attachments

• 1000016016.jpg
    1000016016.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000016015.jpg
    1000016015.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Only thing I can help with is that the coal should be red hot, not white. You don't want to let it go so far. Let the flames die down, but that's it.

• Love
Reactions: PsychoBallistic
P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
Only thing I can help with is that the coal should be red hot, not white. You don't want to let it go so far. Let the flames die down, but that's it.
will probably be doing midweek i have some things i need to finish up ill post beforehand, and if nothing after we will know it was successful

• Hugs
P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
will probably be doing midweek i have some things i need to finish up ill post beforehand, and if nothing after we will know it was successful
should i get an sensor to make sure numbers get to where they should be and test first? i really don't wanna mess this up and be a burden to my mother, she doesn't deserve to deal with me being a brain damaged vegetable.

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024

should i get an sensor to make sure numbers get to where they should be and test first? i really don't wanna mess this up and be a burden to my mother, she doesn't deserve to deal with me being a brain damaged vegetable.
It depends on how easy/difficult it is for you to get one. For me it's extremely difficult, so it's not something I'm considering. The kind you can easily get for your home don't even come close to being able to measure the concentration we need, so forget about them. If you can get a professional one that can measure up to about 10000 ppm, then it'd be great. The alternative is making sure about the volume of the bathroom and using a "safe" amount of charcoal. It should be about a pound per m3, but some go as high as a kg to make sure. Even then, there's unfortunately always something that can go wrong.

P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
It depends on how easy/difficult it is for you to get one. For me it's extremely difficult, so it's not something I'm considering. The kind you can easily get for your home don't even come close to being able to measure the concentration we need, so forget about them. If you can get a professional one that can measure up to about 10000 ppm, then it'd be great. The alternative is making sure about the volume of the bathroom and using a "safe" amount of charcoal. It should be about a pound per m3, but some go as high as a kg to make sure. Even then, there's unfortunately always something that can go wrong.
It's not a large bathroom I just don't wanna leave myseld brain dead I've attempted 3 times previously in my life but with cutting and trying to OD. I don't wanna fuck it up and had been researching it. Just wanna make sure i dont miss anything I will tape rh door cracks and fan hole.

Attachments

• 20240623_213900.jpg
    20240623_213900.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240623_213846.jpg
    20240623_213846.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
What's the actual size? Width, length and height? It's a decent sized bathroom, usually the smaller the better. Some people use individual tents or cars, to have the smallest space possible. Don't forget to tape the air vents!

P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
What's the actual size? Width, length and height? It's a decent sized bathroom, usually the smaller the better. Some people use individual tents or cars, to have the smallest space possible. Don't forget to tape the air vents!
Sorry for feet and inches everything on here's metric and I'm stupid lol. Just wanna not fuck it up, if i have to i could get a second grill, whatever not like I will need the money.

Attachments

• 20240623_220038.jpg
    20240623_220038.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Sorry for feet and inches everything on here's metric and I'm stupid lol. Just wanna not fuck it up, if i have to i could get a second grill, whatever not like I will need the money.
Oh no!! Feet and inches!!!!! :smiling: Is it 6' 1'' for the longer wall? I'm assuming it is. If I didn't mess things up, your bathroom is about 8 m3, which is normal for a small bathroom. So, at least 8 pounds of charcoal! 8 kgs to be absolutely sure, if you can endure the literal heat!

• Love
P

PsychoBallistic

Jun 23, 2024
Oh no!! Feet and inches!!!!! :smiling: Is it 6' 1'' for the longer wall? I'm assuming it is. If I didn't mess things up, your bathroom is about 8 m3, which is normal for a small bathroom. So, at least 8 pounds of charcoal! 8 kgs to be absolutely sure, if you can endure the literal heat!
fairly certain ill be able to endure the heat, pain is not much of a factor to me, 2 to 3 mins of hanging out in the tub filled with cool water while i wait either heat knocks me out or carbon monoxide either way once closed off... don;t think ill be coming back

• Hugs
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Soaking in the tub seems like a good idea! I hope it all goes well and you find the peace you're looking for. 🤗

• Love
C

calculusmaster

Jun 13, 2024
guys I already asked this here and no one answered it yet, so, would burning coconut charcoals made for hookah be detrimental in any way?
my bathroom is about 3,5m3 and i'll be using 3kg of coconut charcoals + 1kg of lump charcoal.
in my head coconut charcoals would be better since it burns for longer and one time I got CO poisoning just from smoking hookah in my closed room (about 6m3)

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
guys I already asked this here and no one answered it yet, so, would burning coconut charcoals made for hookah be detrimental in any way?
my bathroom is about 3,5m3 and i'll be using 3kg of coconut charcoals + 1kg of lump charcoal.
in my head coconut charcoals would be better since it burns for longer and one time I got CO poisoning just from smoking hookah in my closed room (about 6m3)
Since I don't know a thing about coconut charcoal, I had to look it up. I was trying to find how much carbon content it has but ended up coming across this site that claims it does not generate CO! Which makes little sense... If it burns it's at least partially made of carbon and if it's made of carbon and burns it can release CO under certain circuntances (lack of oxygen is what causes CO to be released instead of CO2). Maybe coconut charcoal is a lot of filler and there's little carbon in it? I find the site's statement to be scientifically doubtful.

Is coconut charcoal harmful? Does it have carbon monoxide?

No, this charcoal is not harmful as it is an all-natural product that does not contain any harmful chemicals or additives. Also, coconut coals do not produce carbon monoxide when they are burned, making them a safe and healthy option for hookah sessions.

C

calculusmaster

Jun 13, 2024
it co
Since I don't know a thing about coconut charcoal, I had to look it up. I was trying to find how much carbon content it has but ended up coming across this site that claims it does not generate CO! Which makes little sense... If it burns it's at least partially made of carbon and if it's made of carbon and burns it can release CO under certain circuntances (lack of oxygen is what causes CO to be released instead of CO2). Maybe coconut charcoal is a lot of filler and there's little carbon in it? I find the site's statement to be scientifically doubtful.
it could be propaganda for hookah coals since when I get CO poisoning with hookah charcoals I only use 3 charcoals and get nause and a painful headache which I reckon is around 600-800ppm so idk

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
it co

it could be propaganda for hookah coals since when I get CO poisoning with hookah charcoals I only use 3 charcoals and get nause and a painful headache which I reckon is around 600-800ppm so idk
It almost certainly is. I've googled the composition of coconut charcoal and it seems to be very high in carbon, so under the right conditions it will generate CO. And a fair amount of it too! (but don't take my word for it, do your own research and make sure what you have is high enough)

Reactions: calculusmaster