• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

artax

artax

Dec 8, 2023
I'm so glad I found this thread. Thank you all for contributing to it. The charcoal grill method may not be as easy or peaceful as SN, nowhere near N, but it doesn't sound too bad and it's one that won't be so easily taken away from us. I feel pretty safe that it won't be hard to source charcoal in the foreseeable future, and that's reassuring.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Are there any reports on here of people attempting with CO and then having negative long-term consequences?
also does the reaction between formic acid and sulphuric acid have to be heated, thinking of doing this in my car
He had a very simple setup in his car and the mixture wasn't heated. I have the same question as you however about heating it. It's confusing. That on the left is what this person recorded as he sat in his car with that setup.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-11 154203.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-11 154203.png
    490.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CARBON MONOXIDE MIXED IN CAR SHOWS CO METER 7000 PPM REACHED IN A FEW MINUTES.jpg
    CARBON MONOXIDE MIXED IN CAR SHOWS CO METER 7000 PPM REACHED IN A FEW MINUTES.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • carbon monoxide mixed in car.jpg
    carbon monoxide mixed in car.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
You can have a noticeably different reaction rate at winter cold temperatures and hot summer temperatures, so this factor should also be taken into account.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
CO using charcoal and grill in a sealed room seems almost foolproof. Brad Delp made it work.
It's foolproof probably unless you change your mind or feel uncomfortable and leave the room. This is the biggest reason for failures, when you have time to change your mind after you begin.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
I was reading an article about a man and a girl that had committed double suicide in a Japanese hotel bathroom.
They'd taped up the door etc, and if anyone has seen a Japanese hotel bathroom before, they are ideal as they're a small, solid self contained box.

Forgetting about the extractor fan (guess you can just switch the light off and it'll turn itself off after a few mins!), how on earth did they get past the initial smoke / fumes part of the charcoal burning? Wouldn't that be a bit tricky? Using the extractor fan to extract the smoke would be a no go I'd have thought, as would presumably set the fire alarm off or someone would smell it.

This all seemed like a superb way of doing things as all the materials are freely available, but really struggling to see how one gets past the initial smoke / fume bit and on to the nice peaceful CO part.

Any ideas / thoughts? I'll be in Japan in about 3 weeks and most of the bits I can simply buy off amazon japan!....

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
First off there's a post on 8chan that includes some important details https://8ch.net/suicide/res/36746.html

For those who's only possible location is in a tent I'll be writing up a post with my plan to avoid the tent melting etc etc and my reasoning for the details in my method because I know some people disagree with entering the tent at the same time as your charcoal. However I believe most ill-effects actually come from smoke and the toxic gases in smoke, if you wait until all smoking and flames have stopped, charcoal will still produce CO for hours until completely turned to ash. If there are no flames and little airflow then you know CO is being produced.

I'll be using a chimney starter like this post suggests just to be sure I have evenly burning charcoal, also be using a steel bucket and a tray of cold water to catch the downward heat. Upwards heat once the flames have stopped can be intense but it dissipates quickly. My tent is 100cm high in it's highest points so I'll probably place the bucket/tray in the centre of the tent and curl around it with some headphones in after taking some pills and drink.

I'll make another post with detailed explanation of my plan and a little diagram very soon before I go, watch out for it and if I don't respond again you'll know it was successful and the info can be archived.
Sorry I'm so clueless, I want to use this method but i never had a chimney, I've never had a bonfire and attended like only 2 barbecues in my life and wasn't paying attention at how the charcoal was burnt. Question 1 how do you light the charcoal? Do charcoals look like logs?
Once the charcoal is lighted do I place in a bathtub( if I'm doing it in bathroom).
Set it on fire in the bathtub? Once it's in flames I have to wait till the flames are out for it to start working? And if I light the charcoal outside in another room the how do I bring the charcoal into bathtub since it will be extremely hot? I'm sorry again I'm so clueless but I'm hoping you guys can give me a step by step detail on how to do this, like how to kill your self with charcoal for dummies. 🤔🙏🙏

bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

-
Oct 17, 2023
Hi, if you've made up your mind about doing this, be very careful with this method. I just got out of the hospital after attempting with the CO method in my car and may have lasting internal organ damage.

I used high quality lump charcoal with a $450 CO meter from TPI, followed @befree's (RIP) method to the T, effectively creating an airtight seal in my car with gorilla tape, using 2 charcoal grills with sufficient coal based on the interior of the car, etc. I reached 7000+ ppm (yes I know it's not 10,000+ but this should still kill within hours at the most and I was in there for 6+ hours undisturbed) which it maintained until I passed out and presumably after. Getting in the car, it was extremely hot (but not smoky, since it was only CO being produced), and I'm still having flashbacks about the few minutes I was hyperventilating in there and dousing myself with cold water to stave off the heat.

6 hours later, I woke up effectively paralyzed (I must have had convulsions in the car and paralyzed a lot of my muscles) and with intense brain fog and wasn't even able to reach the keys in my ignition, only my phone which was laying a few inches from my fingers to call my mom with a voice command.

In the hospital all my vitals were fucked and they pumped me full of oxygen with a high flow mask for a few days with a rotating CNA watching me 24/7 (yes, even as I shit). My ejection fraction was 20% at one point with severe chest pain and troponin in the thousands (like a heart attack). I may have lasting scarring on my heart that will increase my risk for heart attacks and may have to go on dialysis for my kidneys because I fucked them up so much with this (I'm in my mid 20s). Of course I was then transferred to the psych ward which is a whole nother can of worms but let's just say nothing has effectively changed since the 50s. Overall, this was an extremely traumatic experience. I'm not one who ever befor experienced PTSD flashbacks daily but now I picture getting into that car and hyperventilating with the heat daily. This experience has supremely fucked me up both mentally and physically. I may also have brain damage which can manifest in memory loss and cognition delays weeks or months down the line (stay tuned!)

Just sharing my honest experience for your guy's perusal and consideration. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

K

kambroov

Apr 7, 2023
Hi, if you've made up your mind about doing this, be very careful with this method. I just got out of the hospital after attempting with the CO method in my car and may have lasting internal organ damage.

I used high quality lump charcoal with a $450 CO meter from TPI, followed @befree's (RIP) method to the T, effectively creating an airtight seal in my car with gorilla tape, using 2 charcoal grills with sufficient coal based on the interior of the car, etc. I reached 7000+ ppm (yes I know it's not 10,000+ but this should still kill within hours at the most and I was in there for 6+ hours undisturbed) which it maintained until I passed out and presumably after. Getting in the car, it was extremely hot (but not smoky, since it was only CO being produced), and I'm still having flashbacks about the few minutes I was hyperventilating in there and dousing myself with cold water to stave off the heat.

6 hours later, I woke up effectively paralyzed (I must have had convulsions in the car and paralyzed a lot of my muscles) and with intense brain fog and wasn't even able to reach the keys in my ignition, only my phone which was laying a few inches from my fingers to call my mom with a voice command.

In the hospital all my vitals were fucked and they pumped me full of oxygen with a high flow mask for a few days with a rotating CNA watching me 24/7 (yes, even as I shit). My ejection fraction was 20% at one point with severe chest pain and troponin in the thousands (like a heart attack). I may have lasting scarring on my heart that will increase my risk for heart attacks and may have to go on dialysis for my kidneys because I fucked them up so much with this (I'm in my mid 20s). Of course I was then transferred to the psych ward which is a whole nother can of worms but let's just say nothing has effectively changed since the 50s. Overall, this was an extremely traumatic experience. I'm not one who ever befor experienced PTSD flashbacks daily but now I picture getting into that car and hyperventilating with the heat daily. This experience has supremely fucked me up both mentally and physically. I may also have brain damage which can manifest in memory loss and cognition delays weeks or months down the line (stay tuned!)

Just sharing my honest experience for your guy's perusal and consideration. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm going to be attempting this method myself soon so I wish I knew what went wrong. I have a question, did you take any sedatives, like alcohol or benzos? People who take them tend not to be successful with this method, as they slow down your breathing, and thus how much CO you're breathing in.
Also, when you say you passed out, do you mean you passed out from the effects of the CO? Or was it from heat exhaustion? Did you feel CO poisoning symptoms before you passed out?

I just don't understand how you could be unconscious from CO poisoning for 6 hours and then randomly wake up. 7000ppm for 6 hours is supposed to kill you for sure… Do you have any ideas on why you survived?

Thank you for sharing your story. I would appreciate if you could help me here as I'm going to try this method soon.

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
(but not smoky, since it was only CO being produced)
That method always produces CO2 in addition to CO as a result of complete combustion

C + O2 = CO2

and the Boudouard reaction

2 CO = C + CO2

It would be interesting to look at CO2 concentration, since CO2 can cause some symptoms too. Theoretically, carbon dioxide together with heat could even partially help you cope with the CO-induced lack of oxygen, because CO2 causes overbreathing and vasodilation, so the lungs can saturate hemoglobin with oxygen more efficiently and the cells can accept oxygen from hemoglobin more efficiently.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Up : we need to understand and learn from our friend @bridgeluvr626 who followed the megathread recommandations.

- was it because you took sedatives, alcohol beforehand ?
- could it be that it dropped from 7000ppm too fast (cold weather, uncontinuous burning of the charcoal) ?
- did you have any prior health condition related to respiratory, blood, oxygen... ?
- did you run some tests with your CO meter before ?

Thanks.

I hope you'll manage all those new issues and it won't prevent you from doing what you need/want.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you for sharing this.

How long were you in the car before it reached 7000 PPM? Once it reached that how long were you conscious?

Does this table look accurate according to what you experienced? Because according to this, the person reached death breathing 9 minutes after it reached 7000 ppm, and expired 18 minutes later.

Screenshot 2023 11 11 154203

Last edited:
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Is there an issue with this meter ? On the website to get it, a review said it wouldn't reach higher than 8 800PPM. And here, on your picture, 7000PPM exactly like our friend bridge luvr

Reactions: Going Out Soon
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Is there an issue with this meter ? On the website to get it, a review said it wouldn't reach higher than 8 800PPM. And here, on your picture, 7000PPM exactly like our friend bridge luvr
Anything at 7000 ppm or above would cause death within half an hour. At least according to what I've read.

Reactions: bridgeluvr626
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
The higher the better.

If I pay for 10000PPM, I want 10000PPM! :)

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Anything at 7000 ppm or above would cause death within half an hour. At least according to what I've read.
I'd be also very much interested in the exact circumstances that lead to a failure here.

@bridgeluvr626 I'm very sorry you failed. How r u now? Do you plan a new attempt (maybe with a different method) any time soon? Have you changed your mind in regards to CTB?

bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

-
Oct 17, 2023
That method always produces CO2 in addition to CO as a result of complete combustion

C + O2 = CO2

and the Boudouard reaction

2 CO = C + CO2

It would be interesting to look at CO2 concentration, since CO2 can cause some symptoms too. Theoretically, carbon dioxide together with heat could even partially help you cope with the CO-induced lack of oxygen, because CO2 causes overbreathing and vasodilation, so the lungs can saturate hemoglobin with oxygen more efficiently and the cells can accept oxygen from hemoglobin more efficiently.

I'd be also very much interested in the exact circumstances that lead to a failure here.

@bridgeluvr626 I'm very sorry you failed. How r u now? Do you plan a new attempt (maybe with a different method) any time soon? Have you changed your mind in regards to CTB?
Thanks all who replied with your support and kind words :) Me and the doctors both don't really know what "saved" me, the only things I can think of are a possible genetic resistance and maybe the concentration dropping extremely low when I opened the door for a second to get in the car and the display being slow to catch up or something?. Or maybe the meter (TPI 707) wasn't accurate for some reason, although I did follow their guide and calibrated and purged it in clean air beforehand and everything. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the display reading on the meter when I woke up about 6 hours after getting in since I'd knocked it away when I probably thrashed in my sleep.

No preexisting health conditions, and only other thing I can think of is it had rained a few days beforehand so the damp/cold weather may have been affecting the charcoal's burning time? I did take about 3 hits from a THC vape pen, a handful of 30mg weed gummies (perhaps a bit much :o ), and a bottle of pinot grigio about an hour beforehand to calm my nerves and help me ease into sleep, so maybe I went a little too crazy on that? One other poster asked about how long I was in the car before it reached 7000 ppm; sorry for not clarifying before but 7000 ppm was what I read immediately before I got in the car and opened the door; the numbers continued to hover around that afterwards though, sometimes dipping to the high 6000s but maintaining around that level at least while I was conscious to read them. I can recall being in the car for probably about ~2 minutes during this time and reading those numbers while dousing myself with water before I lost consciousness. The only physiological reactions I got during thos emoments were the hyperventilating and the feeling of the intense heat. But yeah like I said I guess the level could've dramatically fallen right after that somehow though? Really have no idea.

And yeah, based on the reaction I'm sure there was some lingering CO2 present but it wouldn't seem like there was a great amount by that time just based on observation. I waited a good 45mins-ish to an hour after lighting the coals and made sure they were only smouldering/no smoke was being visibly produced, and I would've expected to have a lot more effects like coughing or eye irritation when I got in the car if there was somehow a sizeable amount of CO2 still being released by the coals, right? I would be interested to see that concentration too though.

Ayways, I'm now in a 5 day a week Adult PHP program which is definitely...something lol, at least it's not the psych ward. I was kind of in a rut in terms of my schooling/career before this and am kind of taking this as a sign to drastically change my life path towards something else and just shoot and see what happens, I may as well I guess. Not religious or faithful at all, but all my CNAs during my hospital stay kept saying that I must have failed for a reason and I still have something left to do, so I guess we'll see about that haha. So not currently planning to imminently CTB, but the fleeting thoughts are definitely always there. Thanks for asking :)

I don't mean to alarm or scare anyone necessarily with my story, but I just wanted to put it out there as a data point for consideration, this very well may have just been a fluke or anomaly, it seemes to have worked as expected for very many others who went through similar steps with the method and may have reached similar concentrations, etc. As a part of my treatment plan, I think I'm going to deactivate my account for the time being at least; I hope the details I provided can somehow be of use. Thanks for taking the time to read my experience regardless :)

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
and I would've expected to have a lot more effects like coughing or eye irritation when I got in the car if there was somehow a sizeable amount of CO2 still being released by the coals, right?
CO2 doesn't cause coughing or eye irritation at concentrations you can achieve with burning charcoal. It can produce the feeling of stuffy air, respiratory stimulation, increased heart rate and blood pressure.

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Also, could you order a tank of CO online and release a few of them in a tent?

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
If done in a tent, how would you release it from the cylinders (provided the concentration is pure enough) and / or get the grill in, and then test for CO ppm without getting hurt while it's still too low?

Would it be crazy to invest in SCUBA gear and O2 tanks, and then take the masks off once you're sure the CO is dense enough in the tent?

Thinking it would be far easier to seal a tent than a car.

WheelSucker459

WheelSucker459

Will follow you wherever
Jan 13, 2024
Looks easier than getting SN and Nitrogen method

I am looking for any help or information or resources at this point

Tent is also much cheaper and less suspicious than sudden diving hobby

roku6

roku6

Student
Jan 23, 2024
If done in a tent, how would you release it from the cylinders (provided the concentration is pure enough) and / or get the grill in, and then test for CO ppm without getting hurt while it's still too low?

Would it be crazy to invest in SCUBA gear and O2 tanks, and then take the masks off once you're sure the CO is dense enough in the tent?

Thinking it would be far easier to seal a tent than a car.
I thought about this and has many pitfalls. In the rest run I would monitor the CO meter with a webcam, checking how fast it reaches >7k and how long it sustains that level, how much it would drop if you opened the tent while getting in (I think in that case it would drop to almost 0 therefore you are unable to skip the phase when level is rising). Sealing the tent is not trivial as well, most tents have an inner layer which is similar to a mosquito net. You would also have to consider what happens if you convulse knocking the grills over. Even if your test run is satisfying there is no guarantee that you can reproduce the same result. You would have to use benzos and sleeping meds to keep you in the tent while CO level is climbing, this increases complexity. The more you plan, the more unreliable this method seems to be. The only good thing is the SI you dont have to fight, theoretically you just go to sleep with your pills and never wake up.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
(I think in that case it would drop to almost 0 therefore you are unable to skip the phase when level is rising).
I think, removing nearly all CO from the tent that way is barely possible, unless the tent is left open for minutes or it's placed in the epicenter of a tornado.

Last edited:
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Why is CO using charcoal so much more popular than using a portable generator?

Although generators are increasingly equipped with CO shutoff mechanisms, they can be removed. This guy made a video about it for his model.

I'm not sure, but if you can afford it seems much better than using coal. The only disadvantages are the cost, and the difficulty of making your death seems accidental if you care about that. The preparation is obviously difficult, but not much more than buying a portable grill, chimney starter and a good quality tent. Another difficulty is working out how much gas you need to kill you without blowing up your car or house.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@Rumi you could do tests with a generator in the desired room especially how fast CO builds up. I'd be interesting to do do tests with a CO meter.

I guess, when fuel is burnt there much more unwanted emissions than from greyish glowing charcoal. Unwanted emissions can cause other unwanted symptoms.

Reactions: Rumi
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Hi guys. Two questions:

what is the ideal model generator to search for on Craigslist given that contemporary ones have safety features?

Also

Is there any risk of using *too high* a concentration of CO? ie putting 3 generators in one small bathroom?

Thanks

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Another question: inert gas death is painful in proportion to how much oxygen you're breathing at the same time; does a CO death follow the same principle? How can we get oxygen out of our chosen space?

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Another question: inert gas death is painful in proportion to how much oxygen you're breathing at the same time; does a CO death follow the same principle? How can we get oxygen out of our chosen space?
I don't know much about generators. As I said in the post above, one would need to make tests with a CO meter.

You can never have enough CO the more the better and the faster the pass out / death.

CO works different. CO is lethal by itself bc it binds to the blood cells when inhaled but is not exchanged for oxygen anymore - like CO2. inert gas method replaces all oxygen in the exit bag/SCUBA mask. Inert gases are not lethal. Both methods are considered peaceful methods. I hope that explains your Qs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamtired