Yaalya

Yaalya

May 7, 2019
yeah, but I would need to stay inside, and wait for the build up, and it would be a long time - I'd maybe die in an hour or so, thats lot time if you ask me. if I came in after the build up, I think it would be impossible. if I remember correctly, because I was in a hurry, as soon as I opened the door to take a look at the meter, the concentration fell rapidly - its really easy to disperse the CO, it seems. so 1. would do it in a smaller room, or in a car 2. make sure it reaches 10 000 ppm in one hour, so at least I know I'll be dead in that time. either way, I wouldnt be thrilled waiting inside, frying my brain slowly, eh. I was hoping stepping in after the build up would be easier

I guess its around 4m3 or sth like that. maybe 3x4x3 or some combination. I can look it up tommorow, and post it with the results from the new experiment
3x4x3 is like 36 m3 if i not wrong so u used 111g per cubic meter. i would use 200g+ per m3

Reactions: whatever1111
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
it needs practicing, for sure... I reached 5860 ppm in one hour today, 2 kilos (before lighting it) of briquettes and 2 kilos of lumpwood. the bathroom was medium size, though, not very small. I'm kinda dissapointed, but I'll try tommorow in a different room. I guess a car should be better, and maybe 6 kilos damn it.

That sounds very reasonable, another test supporting our accumulated statistics.
There's no need to be disappointed, this is what I would expect (I was disappointed as well at exactly that stage, hadn't I been going for 10k ppm ?).
But that is fetishism.
Everybody should really look at the ppm table and, what with about 6k ppm achieved and All favoring a few downers plus a glass of fine Port...
Sit back and enjoy the perfect view on eternity ;)
Here's the table again

Reactions: Soul and whatever1111
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
That sounds very reasonable, another test supporting our accumulated statistics.
There's no need to be disappointed, this is what I would expect (I was disappointed as well at exactly that stage, hadn't I been going for 10k ppm ?).
But that is fetishism.
Everybody should really look at the ppm table and, what with about 6k ppm achieved and All favoring a few downers plus a glass of fine Port...
Sit back and enjoy the perfect view on eternity ;)
Here's the table again
5800 is fine, but I want it in less than a hour.
I'm really dissapointed in myself already, so I really want to make this as best as possible ;) the view on eternity kind of sucks, it's black and opaque as hell - I like life better, but unfortunately, I suck at life also lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, AtomicNewt, Soul and 1 other person
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
5800 is fine, but I want it in less than a hour.
I'm really dissapointed in myself already, so I really want to make this as best as possible ;) the view on eternity kind of sucks, it's black and opaque as hell - I like life better, but unfortunately, I suck at life also lol.
;))

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Why not using acids instead? You will get nearly "pure" CO from the reaction of formic acid and sulphuric acid. And I think this is not that hard to build a diy COgen.

Two chambers, for the acids.
One chamber, for the reaction
One chamber, for the purifying the vapour.
Several acid resistant tubes

One pipe will goes through the purifying chamber which will be fulled with either water or sulphuric acid. If I do that in the future, I will use two different chamber for the purification process.
God I wish you could just buy them. Or had very explicit instructions. Anyone made one? Thanks

Reactions: Soul
Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
God I wish you could just buy them. Or had very explicit instructions. Anyone made one? Thanks

Btw, I'm not planning to build one anymore.
SN method is much much easier to do and has much less risk. I already bought the SN.

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
View attachment 337

The washing chamber is to eliminate formic (much less sulfuric) fumes. I doubled up on reaction chambers for reliability and quantity assurance. This all will be housed in a giant Rubbermaid in the event the chamber(s) broke for some reason; mixing still occurs.
View attachment 337

The washing chamber is to eliminate formic (much less sulfuric) fumes. I doubled up on reaction chambers for reliability and quantity assurance. This all will be housed in a giant Rubbermaid in the event the chamber(s) broke for some reason; mixing still occurs.
Wow this pic on post 20 of how to mix formic and sulphuric acid looks good. Does anyone know step by step how you can do this? Can you just pour them together. ? Thanks

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Wow this pic on post 20 of how to mix formic and sulphuric acid looks good. Does anyone know step by step how you can do this? Can you just pour them together. ? Thanks

That setup is sort of micro, not enough for a room full - this will suffice for a plastic sack full of CO that you stick your head into, aminotrite ?
A bit hard to tell from the shot.
I shall use 8 liters of formic and as much of sulfuric, so my setup is a bit more rustic but in principle very similar.
Yes you just pour them together, basically.
They will heat up and foam some, but within limits, and the CO plus acid fumes will emerge through the tubes, so filter out the fumes or you will suffer - it's only the CO you want.

You can just buy them, try mail order for the formic - the sulfuric is basically car supply/battery acid. Google 'buy formic acid' or better duckduckgo it, you never know what Google will do with your information these days, maybe send a SWAT team ;)

Last edited:
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
can I do this carbon monoxide method in my house without smoke production? the smoke would alert neighbors/be annoying
is there always smoke with this method?

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
can I do this carbon monoxide method in my house without smoke production? the smoke would alert neighbors/be annoying
is there always smoke with this method?

With charcoal there's always smoke and smell and fire, it's barbecue.
With acid, everything is silent and invisible.

Reactions: spanishguy22
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I'd always prefer the acids since that way is easier and more effective, but I'd have to go to a drug store to buy specifically those two, the person selling them might know they can be used for suicide, and I don't know the price but they for sure are more expensive, on the other side charcoal can be bought pretty much everywhere, it's cheap and the process is just to make it burn for 40min to an hour, it's not that big of a deal

A liter of formic acid should cost around $ 6-7 and be available on mail order sites. If someone inquires tell them you're connected to a person who has a few bee hives where formic is being used against Varroa mites, by simply being diffused in plastic containers... one hive will use up about a liter a year, and the concentration needs to be changed depending on weather, so it's best to have an ample amount of high-concentration acid that can be easily, arithmetically diluted with water. Also, formic is not stable and will self-dilute over time, so there you have a reason to throw last year's stuff away and get it anew in case you decide to postpone or fail ;)

Reactions: Soul
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
No. The Australian charcoal maths explanation showed 629 grams of charcoal was lethal in a 100m3 room.
A tent is less than 5m3 and 2lbs of charcoal is 907g so your already using about 60x that ratio.

Must be factor 10 error, this would be a 10m3 room - at least from my experience, and even that's stretching it.
In practice, I would advise 4 kgs for a 10m3 room, or 500 grams per cubic meter. There's a bit of overkill already worked into that ;)

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
What do you think, does the acid´s produce a stinging smell? What do you use as your washing methode?

The acid fumes are unbearable. That's why they need washing out... water and if possible some potassium hydroxide solution (lye), maybe a charcoal (active coal) filter on top of that. You can use either of the three or all together.

I´m afraid that "activ coal filter" or (water filter?) can react with the CO and change it to harmles CO2, is this possible or not?

bg2.png

real case: https://dokumen.tips/documents/kohl...cht-durch-ein-gemisch-aus-schwefelsaeure.html
The young man was found outside the car (because of the acid fumes?) the rescue wasn´t successful he ctb later in the hospital.

Active Coal = Charcoal. It filters lots... and it will hardly touch the CO, so you can in doubt use it to clean the acid fumes. You can also buy an industrial active coal filter for one of those masks, and just mix the acids together, and breathe the CO in freely - but the fumes may still attack your skin.
So dress accordingly ;)
Hi, I woul
I´m afraid that "activ coal filter" or (water filter?) can react with the CO and change it to harmles CO2, is this possible or not?

bg2.png

real case: https://dokumen.tips/documents/kohl...cht-durch-ein-gemisch-aus-schwefelsaeure.html

The young man was found outside the car (because of the acid fumes?) the rescue wasn´t successful he ctb later in the hospital.

Active Coal = Charcoal. It filters lots... and it will hardly touch the CO if at all, so you can in doubt use it to clean the acid fumes. You can also buy an industrial active coal filter for one of those gas masks, and just mix the acids together, while breathing the CO in freely - but the fumes may still attack your skin (hands, neck).

So dress accordingly ;)
dn't suggest that "small generator and be done with it" because we don't actually know if this is likely to work or be irritating or how fast CO would build. Thats the kind of experiment I wanna see here.

Get a gas mask (Amazon) with an average active coal filter, it will filter the stink for maybe half an hour - that will be enough.

That's rich coming from you...

Why is that 'rich' coming from me ? I had been on the forum since October, 2 1/2 months, testing things out... I'm far from being a 'veteran' here even now, and in late December I decided to, well, hell - give it another year. I had researched and everything was quite clear - as it is now. I am now going through the entire thread, having been absent for a half year, to try and answer open questions. It seems most of the serious ones here have made up their minds by now, about what substances are best and what measures are needed. Some are new, some are banned - I hope (without any levity) nobody is dead. Sorry if I was a bit rash - I've always been an impatient one with people. No reason to take that personal, either - it's about the species ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail, Lennox and Soul
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I tried suicide by combining formic acid and sulfuric acid, to create carbon monoxide in a car and i want to share my experience. I hope my report will someone save from a horrible fate.

First of all, after what i have experienced, i would nobody advise to kill themself with that method. The risk is to high to survive and being brain-damaged. I dont know how i have survived, and even almost unharmed. After all what i have read, i should be dead. I still cannot entire believe that i have survived. And it makes me very sad that i am still alive. I wish it had gone as I had hoped.

I will report as detailed as possible.

I buyed one litre 85% of technical purity formic acid and two litre 95% of technical purity sulfuric acid on the internet.
I also buyed five 2 litre jars with a cap, two 10 litre plastic water cans, tubes and a oxygen mask. My aim was to build two carbon monoxid generators like the gulps machine. You can look a video about it on vimeo.

I made at home a hole in every jar cap and pulled a 6mm tube in it. The jars had the purpose to store the acids. The other side of the tube endet in one of the water cans. The water cans were filled to the half with water to absorb the fumes from the acids. To one water canister were two jars attached, to the other three jars. To the water canister with the two jars i had attached a oxygen mask and closed the cap. So that all carbon monoxide had to flow through the oxygen mask directly to my mouth. The water canister where the three jars were attached i let the cap open. So the carbon monoxid can exit the water canister there. After it was deep night, i drove to the forest with my stuff.

I parked my small car. With a duct tape, i closed all the vent holes, except the vent holes near the floor. After that i took the seats in the horizontal position. I put the two water canisters in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and put the jars on the ground, in front of the seat-passanger door. Than i opened the formic acid. I was glad that i had safety glasses and silicone protective gloves. In every of the jars i put about 200ml of formic acid. I smelled the fumes. It smells like vinegar. After that i opened one of the sulfuric acid bottles and put about 400ml in two jars and 200ml in one jar. The reaction begun instantly. I opened the second sulfuric acid bottle and filled the remaining jars. After that i pulled 3 jars in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and two jars on the seat of the passanger. I went to the driver seat. Put the oxygen mask on my mouth and noticed that air came from the mask. But i smelled nothing. I layed back on the seat and waited to die. After about 5 seconds i fell a little bit unwell. After 8 seconds my eyes begun to close. After 10 seconds i was sleeping.
I dreamed nothing. My life did not flashed before my eyes.

After two hours i woked up. I were not able to think normal. I thought i will be brain-damaged now. I know now how brain-damaged people feel. I was very angry that i were not dead. And i was very afraid that i would be brain-damaged now. I just wanted to die. I tried to set my car in fire to die. I tried to burn the passanger seat with a lighter. But now i know they are fireproof. I begun to realize that i will not die now. So i opened the windows and layed on the seat. I had no power, the easiest things, like searching for my smartphone, made me exhausted. I had headaches and was sick. I had not vomited but in the sleep i pissed myself. After about an hour, i were able to put the acids out of the car. The car smelled after formic acid. It was unbearable. I were not able to move for the next 6 hours. I feel now dumber. Something had happened with my brain. I dont know how i were able to survive this. After what happened to me, i will never do suicide with carbon monoxide again and i cannot recommend it to anyone.

You cannot use half measures with this. Just tubes stuck inside canisters won't do, this has to be gas-tight and that takes some effort. As implausible as your tale sounds, you're still alive and that the car smelt of acid shows that you definitely messed up somehow - but as you can see, with CO that is very survivable, so that everybody can have a second chance, dead or alive ;)

I want to kill myself in my tent. I just found a cheap single wall, which is way better than my current double wall.
I might go with that. The problem, it only has 2000mmhh. However, since I will wrap it up in plastic sheet anyways like a special Christmas present I've been wondering if the hydrostatic head would even matter?
Also, I don't understand why 3000mmhh is recommended. Seems like everybody keeps saying that without giving a reason as to why ...

Why would water resistance towards the outside matter ? Tents are highly gas-permeable because obviously, people sleeping in tents shouldn't suffocate all the time - or at least no more than three, four times a season - as that would be embarrassing for the producers.
The trick in making good tents is having them highly gas permeable while being somewhat rain-resistant on the outside. You would have to use something that impregnates the textile of the (inner) tent, so that gas/air can no longer pass through the gaps between its fibres.
The simplest method would be immersing the entire thing in a giant plastic waste bag, but I doubt they even exist.
So what about using an ample supply of clear color spray (for cars), and patiently spraying that inner tent of yours from the outside, then letting it dry ? That should seal it. In doubt go for a second coat. Just an idea.
I was looking into formic/sulfuric acid, it seems like a nice way to go as long if it tests properly. Though from what I hear, N is the best although a bit expensive. I've seen some people saying there were issues with this method, but it seems as long as the reaction is continuing there should be no issues with a proper flask, right? I've thought about buying 2 and using them together just in case one messes up somehow.

There really shouldn't be any issues with this method as long as I purify everything with water to avoid burning since the whole point is to avoid pain if possible.

[Inert gases]...the human subject detects little abnormal sensation as the oxygen level falls. This leads to asphyxiation (death from lack of oxygen) without the painful and traumatic feeling of suffocation (the hypercapnic alarm response, which in humans arises mostly from carbon dioxide levels rising), or the side effects of poisoning. In scuba diving rebreather accidents, there is often little sensation, however, a slow decrease in oxygen breathing gas content has effects which are quite variable.[8] By contrast, suddenly breathing pure inert gas causes oxygen levels in the blood to fall precipitously, and may lead to unconsciousness in only a few breaths, with no symptoms at all.[3] {Mind the "may"}
Some animal species are better equipped than humans to detect hypoxia, and these species are more uncomfortable in low-oxygen environments that result from inert gas exposure; however, the experience is still less aversive than CO2 exposure.[9]

So you have to get a big dose fast or suffer symptoms, maybe even panic - can't happen with CO, with CO you can happily die from a low concentration as long as you keep inside it for an hour or so. If you have a full container of N, use it well and decisively - Much luck ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lennox and Soul
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi Thanks. Blimey 8 litres sounds a lot.. watched gulps machine video a few times and I think I might be able to try making that. Be happier with bit more info on it. They say only 50 ml formic 150 sulphuric. Don't know if it's only enough to use through the mask and not just in room generally. Not sure of effects, time it takes etc. Anyone know of anyone trying it? Thanks again

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
In this case CO tank is better. The most common one contains 6 cubic meters which is more than enough to reach concentration way above required ~1.5% in any car. I've checked multiple companies that are selling this stuff, price on this particular one with flow regulator would be around 350$. You can also save up to 100$ if you buy empty used tank with regulator(just make sure that both are intended to use with CO) and pay only for refill.

So far finding proper place to do it is the hardest part. Tents are hard to seal properly, renting a countryside house(even small one) starts at 100$ per day in my area and transporting stuff there is problematic without car. Kinda regret not having drivers license rn, could've just rented one and do it there.
Hi can't imagine they're easy to get at all. Where did you find them? Thanks

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
I don't think I would be successful at hanging so I choose this method. I will buy a tent and cover it with plastic sheeting to keep CO in. Do you think one tray of disposable bbq will be sufficient?

K

Kevin

May 15, 2019
Guys, I live in the US. I have a car and I can rent a cabin in the woods for a weekend. I am thinking of buying a CO canister and open it up in my car and spend the night in it. I imagine I will have to use some scotch tape to seal off any gas permeable holes (AC vents, etc.). Do you guys have any suggestions? What type of canister will do the trick? Anything I should be mindful of? I really cannot afford botching my attempt. I really appreciate any recommendation/instructions you guys can throw at me.

Last edited:
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Guys, I live in the US. I have a car and I can rent a cabin in the woods for a weekend. I am thinking of buying a CO canister and open it up in my car and spend the night in it. I imagine I will have to use some scotch tape to seal off any gas permeable holes (AC vents, etc.). Do you guys have any suggestions? What type of canister will do the trick? Anything I should be mindful of? I really cannot afford botching my attempt. I really appreciate any recommendation/instructions you guys can throw at me.

Please go through the entire thread, it isn't as long as it looks... there are some posts about using CO in canisters, but I forgot where.
You should use more than scotch tape to seal off, you need to use a lot of foil and seal off all the doors, make it stick to the door insides with some tape, then shut the doors from inside, and also cover as much of the entire dashboard area as you can - you never know where all the openings are, there are many.
Tape the obvious openings extra, before. Do the same behind the back seat if it's a sedan. Think about the gear shift/transmission tunnel area, too.
Why should it matter what canister type if it's containing ready-made CO ? Get a big one.
Hi can't imagine they're easy to get at all. Where did you find them? Thanks

This is the Internet, there are search engines. So I googled, "buy monoxide in canisters" and found this https://gasinnovations.com/products/carbon-monoxide/
as there will be more... I think CO pure will be easy to get in Russia, where they may tell you "but go die somewhere far from our factory," but that may be entirely different in the US or multicolor Europe, so caution is advised and the problem would be that you should find a plausible reason you need it, in case they ask questions of a non-industrial first-time customer.
I know, suicide is a plausible reason, but they may not like the responsibility - it's not politically correct and you may be banned from CO use or even voting, as if you were some Hate Speech Criminal or whatever. You never know these days... so do some research to find a harmless use for the stuff, I'm personally disinterested because I create CO on my own. Hint : food industry, see this link https://www.meatinstitute.org/index.php?ht=a/GetDocumentAction/i/60863

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox
K

Kevin

May 15, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it is legal to purchase a CO canister here in the US?

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it is legal to purchase a CO canister here in the US?

I'm not in the US, I'm in Europe - but whyever should it be illegal ? They'll rent you a car though you can drive it into a highway bridge at 100 mph...
I can see no reason. I could see precautions, age limits etc., but nothing else.
So there would be two scenarios - one is that they simply deliver, and the other that they think you're somehow weird about it, and tell you they'd rather not have you as a customer - no idea about the legality of THAT, it might depend on your state of residence.
Best is always (if you do something that could be seen as fishy) to come over as a bored person who does something that's entirely routine and uninteresting to them, and in case of inquiries to be entirely plausible.
Lest I forget : CO is explosive, no open flames... that would be the prime reason for precaution.
But so are Propane etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Yeah, I was just looking into it as CO was a method I was interested in since its supposed to be a peaceful method in comparison to most like hanging/shooting/falling to death. I doubt I'll use this method after researching further, though hopefully N will work assuming I can acquire it. If I can't maybe I'll look into some of the other methods of Co. Though from what I saw the formic/sulfuric acid isn't too bad as long as you purify it with water? Correct me if I'm wrong there.
Hi just wondered if you got any further on this? From what I understand acids much higher level quicker. Everyone seems to say a fume wash like that in gulps machine. That doesn't say you need to drip it either just mix slowly. The confusion I find is other than double sulfuric to formic lot of variation on amounts which makes me nervous. Gulps says only 50 ml formic 100 sulphuric through mask. For me acids would be lot more convenient if can be certain of it. Needs tests I guess. Thanks for your help. Tanks not available in UK last I looked.

Dracovern

Dracovern

Mar 14, 2019
Hi just wondered if you got any further on this? From what I understand acids much higher level quicker. Everyone seems to say a fume wash like that in gulps machine. That doesn't say you need to drip it either just mix slowly. The confusion I find is other than double sulfuric to formic lot of variation on amounts which makes me nervous. Gulps says only 50 ml formic 100 sulphuric through mask. For me acids would be lot more convenient if can be certain of it. Needs tests I guess. Thanks for your help. Tanks not available in UK last I looked.

No idea, I never looked further into this and I discovered N and am using that instead.

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
No idea, I never looked further into this and I discovered N and am using that instead.
OK thanks. Did you get it from supplier listed in p pill? How much was it? Heard a lot of scams. Thanks

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019

bg2.png

Hey, i need to correct something. I read the text about the young guy mixing acids to get killed by CO in his car. He didn't leave the car. He stayed inside the car while CO was rising and fell unconsciouss. What they mean with "finding him outside" is the situation, the emergency service encountered. It was because people dragged him outside of his car, thinking he needs help. So the fumes didn't force him to leave. He stayed inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: cappuccinogirl
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I have not read all the messages, but could someone give me links to buy carbon monoxide meter that goes up to 10,000 ppm (on amazon for example) ? thank you.

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I found this one on amazon :
TPI 707A740 Carbon Monoxide Analyzer
But the price...

Reactions: Yaalya and NextSummer
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
574 dollard for me if i want import this in germany :(

Me too in France... A benevolent society like ours must make suicide difficult (irony of course ^^).

Reactions: Yaalya