406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I used charcoal Outhor! I did this twice, two separate occasions. The room wasn't very big at all, I sealed around the door and the windows, every part of the room that gave some air but still I failed. The plan now is to do this inside a tent. In terms of damage, I had a bit of a headache for awhile, that's it!
Yes, can you please give details of your preparation telling how you went about things.
Meter goes up to 1000. And I'll try another test soon. It honestly scared me when I turned on the generator. Didn't expect it to be so loud. Might have to buy some earmuffs for my actual attempt. And find a very isolated place to do it.
Yes, it doesn't seem a very peaceful way to go in that respect. It was probably about 90 decibels, something like a vacuum cleaner, which in a small space like a car is pretty deafening.Can you let us know details of any further tests please. Best wishes

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail
H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, can you please give details of your preparation telling how you went about things.

Yes, it doesn't seem a very peaceful way to go in that respect. It was probably about 90 decibels, something like a vacuum cleaner, which in a small space like a car is pretty deafening.Can you let us know details of any further tests please. Best wishes

Yeah it's not peaceful but will probably get the job done relatively painlessly. I'd rather do it than hang myself, cut my wrists or jump in front of a train. My body will be intact as well which lessens the trauma for the person who finds me and my family.

Reactions: justexisting14 and 406metallicblue

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah it's not peaceful but will probably get the job done relatively painlessly. I'd rather do it than hang myself, cut my wrists or jump in front of a train. My body will be intact as well which lessens the trauma for the person who finds me and my family.
That's one of the main reasons i'm going down the co route as well.

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I just failed my attempt.

I put the generator in the bathroom, put some towels around the vents and alongside the door. I started the generator and started the timer on my phone. The CO meter recorded a steady increase to 200 ppm, which took about 6-7 minutes to achieve, after which the ppm starting slowly dropping. I doubt this will work in a car given these results, so I guess I give up on this method. It is also very loud, thankfully didnt attract neighbours.

Very dissapointed to type this out. I think I might just risk it and order nembutal from A. Don't know what else to do at this point.

Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
I've just spent 500 euros on a meter. not sure how I feel.

Holy moly. And I'm too, still unsure about paying 40 TL to sodium nitrite.

I just found a relatively small room at the basement of my school. I know that CO dissipates from walls so not well sure about to mixing acids here.

Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
looks pretty big to me
It's about 21m3. I think I will also add a box to put my head in and pump the CO directly in it.

I wish I had enough time to be able to build a fully automated COgen.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I just failed my attempt.

I put the generator in the bathroom, put some towels around the vents and alongside the door. I started the generator and started the timer on my phone. The CO meter recorded a steady increase to 200 ppm, which took about 6-7 minutes to achieve, after which the ppm starting slowly dropping. I doubt this will work in a car given these results, so I guess I give up on this method. It is also very loud, thankfully didnt attract neighbours.

Very dissapointed to type this out. I think I might just risk it and order nembutal from A. Don't know what else to do at this point.
That is very disappointing and strange. Can you tell me what kind and make of generator it was please.

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
That is very disappointing and strange. Can you tell me what kind and make of generator it was please.

It was a Honda eu2000i.

I have no idea what went wrong. But as soon as I saw how slowly the CO was accumulating and how loud it was, I knew this wasn't going to work.

Reactions: 406metallicblue

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I was going to let the buckets cool down outside for 20 / 25 minutes maximum. It is your opinion that this isn't enough time?

(btw, I am going to be using multiple chimney starters simultaneously)
I put the bucket of hot coals inside as soon as the heat wasn't going to be a problem, for example so i could put my hand over it about 12 inches and leave it there without burning, though it was hot. i think in my attempt the time from emptying the second starter and when they went in the car was more like 30 minutes, maybe even 40 It seemed a reasonable compromise for me, not too hot not too cool. From what i gathered even warm coals give off co, in amounts to cause deadly accidents in tents.
It was a Honda eu2000i.

I have no idea what went wrong. But as soon as I saw how slowly the CO was accumulating and how loud it was, I knew this wasn't going to work.
As far as i know you're the first person here to do a test with a genny and a meter, thanks for the details. Perhaps different generator have different newer controls for the co the emit, like cars. Catalytic converters might be standard on modern generators, i will have to look into it. If there is no difference betweeen a generator and a car motor in terms of co, why do people never ctb with the pipe through the window anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail, vfghjkjhilkj and jules18
justexisting14

justexisting14

isitoveryet?
Mar 17, 2019
Hi everyone, new here. Really ready to go so is it just basically putting the charcoal briquettes in a chimney starter. Letting it burn until coals are grey. Placing them in bucket. Putting bucket on 2 inch water pan in the backseat of my car. Okay question, how long exactly should I let it build up in my car bc once I get in, won't I let some oxygen in? Also just in case the pan of water doesn't work somehow, is it more safe to do in a Infiniti with leather seats? Or a older car with those knit seats? Sorry I've read like all the pages and want to keep it simple.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I put the bucket of hot coals inside as soon as the heat wasn't going to be a problem, for example so i could put my hand over it about 12 inches and leave it there without burning, though it was hot. i think in my attempt the time from emptying the second starter and when they went in the car was more like 30 minutes, maybe even 40 It seemed a reasonable compromise for me, not too hot not too cool. From what i gathered even warm coals give off co, in amounts to cause deadly accidents in tents.

As far as i know you're the first person here to do a test with a genny and a meter, thanks for the details. Perhaps different generator have different newer controls for the co the emit, like cars. Catalytic converters might be standard on modern generators, i will have to look into it. If there is no difference betweeen a generator and a car motor in terms of co, why do people never ctb with the pipe through the window anymore.
They do it sometimes with a pipe, still. recently in Croatia two lads ctb this way

Reactions: 406metallicblue

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Hi everyone, new here. Really ready to go so is it just basically putting the charcoal briquettes in a chimney starter. Letting it burn until coals are grey. Placing them in bucket. Putting bucket on 2 inch water pan in the backseat of my car. Okay question, how long exactly should I let it build up in my car bc once I get in, won't I let some oxygen in? Also just in case the pan of water doesn't work somehow, is it more safe to do in a Infiniti with leather seats? Or a older car with those knit seats? Sorry I've read like all the pages and want to keep it simple.
[/QU

The bucket need to just be stable in the pan of water, i used 3 bricks. The things about getting in right away or waiting is something that is a constant source of discussion. Most of the reports i have read about accidental death suggest they were in there from the beginning.
They do it sometimes with a pipe, still. recently in Croatia two lads ctb this way
Maybe it was with an old car with no cat.

Last edited:
Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
Who was the person who first suggested the using generator?

It just too unreliable imo. I would choose the charcoal method or sulfuric-formic acid method. In the future, I may try to make a simple acid reaction and purifying chamber. A few plastic container, silicon tube, valve... It shouldn't be that hard to make. I can shoot video if anybody wants.

Reactions: SMarie1204
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019

It just too unreliable imo. I would choose the charcoal method or sulfuric-formic acid method. In the future, I may try to make a simple acid reaction and purifying chamber. A few plastic container, silicon tube, valve... It shouldn't be that hard to make. I can shoot video if anybody wants.
It will help other people, if you can do the video. I already have the amytriptiline.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018

It might have been me, going on press reports. I read about the generator method and the charcoal method, but never the formic acid methed you mention.. A video of your method would be interesting , yes.

O

OneCFS

Mar 24, 2019
Can you describe your attempts in detail please? Did you stay in the room from the beginning or left it for the CO to build up? How much coal did you use, one or two grills? Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong? Also why are you now planning to do it in a tent?
I read reports of successful attempts as well as failed attempts. It would be very helpful to hear your experience, thank you!
Sure.on the two occasions that I tried this, this I what happened. I sealed myself in the bathroom using gorilla tape and other thick masking tape, I took several sleeping pills (bearing in mind I intentionally stayed awake the previous night to be so tired that sleep would definitely occur) and lit 3 disposable bbqs staying the room as they burned. Sure, my lungs filled up but after a while, I couldn't hack it. Second time, very much the same only I lit the bbqs and let the room build. I then entered, sealed the door only because everything else was done and ended up with just a headache....I'm now contemplating a tent because it's smaller, the co will build quicker I assume and it's just another thing to try. Plus, nobody bats an eyelid when camping.

Reactions: Manfromtheocean, thisnight and 406metallicblue
justexisting14

justexisting14

isitoveryet?
Mar 17, 2019
So is the generator a good idea? Just finding a really inclosed location because of the loud noise? Or it is known to have the CO decrease as time goes by?

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
So is the generator a good idea? Just finding a really inclosed location because of the loud noise? Or it is known to have the CO decrease as time goes by?

I tried a generator in my car the other day but shut it off within 10 seconds because of the noise. However it did register 100ppm on my CO meter just from that short burst

T

thisnight

Mar 18, 2019
Sure.on the two occasions that I tried this, this I what happened. I sealed myself in the bathroom using gorilla tape and other thick masking tape, I took several sleeping pills (bearing in mind I intentionally stayed awake the previous night to be so tired that sleep would definitely occur) and lit 3 disposable bbqs staying the room as they burned. Sure, my lungs filled up but after a while, I couldn't hack it. Second time, very much the same only I lit the bbqs and let the room build. I then entered, sealed the door only because everything else was done and ended up with just a headache....I'm now contemplating a tent because it's smaller, the co will build quicker I assume and it's just another thing to try. Plus, nobody bats an eyelid when camping.
Ok, thanks! So you lit the bbqs inside the room, I think that was the problem. There was probably a lot of smoke in the room and I wonder that you managed to stay in that room for long. I've read about ppl who had to break off within minutes because they couldn't stand the smoke.

What I read about is that you should light the bbq outside and wait for about 30-45 minutes so there's hardly any smoke anymore. Only then bring the bqq inside your room. The remaining coal will ideally still produce (odorless) CO for hours.

I thought about doing this at home. I would light the bbq while having a window open and waiting for said 30-45 mins. I have an electric bbq lighter and hope this will reduce smoke otherwise it would certainly draw attention because I live in an appartment complex.

That's why I consider a tent, too. But then it's more difficult to seal up properly and there's a danger of burning a hole into the tent.

Not sure yet what is the best option in my case.

Last edited:

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for the data. I think the trick is to let them burn down outside to the point where they are no longer smoking, and then put them in the room and either enter immediately or let it build.

If you light them in the room or space you intend to use, the smoke will be very unpleasant. All the accidental cases i have read about of co poisoning while camping have involved bringing them into the tent after they had burned off ie after the people had cooked on them.

You're right about camping, nobody will pay any attention to someone having a bbq at dusk, although three might seem a little strange.
I was going to let the buckets cool down outside for 20 / 25 minutes maximum. It is your opinion that this isn't enough time?

(btw, I am going to be using multiple chimney starters simultaneously)
I would do a test, where you fill the bucket up with coals after letting them get a bit grey in the chimney starter and see after 30 minutes if it's viable to put them in the space. They will have stopped smoking by then but the bucket will still be very hot.

I used a plastic bin lid, upside down and lined with aluminium foil and filled with water, with three bricks to support the bucket, the bricks were half submerged in water. The bucket was hot but not like nuclear hot and i could place my hand 12 inches over the top without being burned. I also half covered the bucket with foil to reduce the upward heat. I estimate the timescale from putting the coals in bucket to putting them in the space to be more like 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusuk63 and thisnight

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
having read the posts about generators, i'm more inclined to go with charcoal and to hell with making it look like an accident. this is the routine...

burn a single chimney starter until the top coals are grey and put them in a bucket. burn a second starter and do likewise. waiting for the heat to dissipate a little i wait 30 to 40 minutes, while taking a few benzos and some wine. That's 4kg of charcoal, it won't be briquettes, just natural charcoall in the bucket in the back of the car on a tray filled with water, with bricks in the tray to support the bucket. the bricks absorb the water a little. half cover the top of the bucket with tin foil to help prevent upward heat. take another few benzos and a final bit of wine, close the door behind me and lie down on the back seats with some music on my earphones and see what happens. hopefully death is what happens. from what i have gathered from here and my own experience, this seems the most likely way to go. I have enough drugs.. seresta, quetapine, tercian, nitrazepam to knock me out for 12 hours easily, while the co does its work. I'm not going to tape up the door seams and the vents as before, i don't feel it's a big deal.

Basically a repeat of my last attempt except that i get in with the charcoal and take some cocktail of drugs, perhaps 300mg tercian, 200mg seresta and a few nitrazepam just before getting in and closing the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: justexisting14, jules18 and whatever1111
R

Red Rose Exile

Mar 24, 2019
For those interested in the Chemistry for Sulfuric acid and formic acid method 49g (1mol ) of pure (ie 100%) formic acid will create around 22 litres of carbon monoxide when used with 100g 100% sulfuric acid. As you'll very rarely find that sort of level of concentrations, you'd have to consider using 85% Formic and 91% sulphuric which are the normal concentrations for commercial usage.

The reagant, sulfuric acid gets progressively diluted as the reaction continues as one of the by products of the reaction is water.

You only need 1.5% CO in the air for it to end life within 6 minutes, but you'd be unconscious within a minute or so So in the average small car, which has an cabin air capacity of around 3.4m² or 3400l of air, you'd require 51 l of CO

Bearing in mind that your Formic and Sulfuric are unlikely to be the purest, 150ml Formic acis and 300ml of Sulphuric should be sufficient.

For those, who are worries about buying formic acid, tell them you keep bees and use it as a pesticide, or you are a tanner and use it in the tanning process, ( 500Ml About £8, $12) and the sulfuric 91 - 95% is available as drain cleaner £10 - $15 for a 1 litre bottle

I am personally going to be adding a further 33% for good measure to ensure that the job is done properly,

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Lennox, SMarie1204 and 2 others
Manfromtheocean

Manfromtheocean

Feb 26, 2019
That's why I consider a tent, too. But then it's more difficult to seal up properly and there's a danger of burning a hole into the tent.

Not sure yet what is the best option in my case.

Cover your tent with plastic bags or sheets, and seal everything with duct tape. Put your charcoal containers on bricks, they will do as insulation so you won't burn a hole in your tent.

Reactions: thisnight
justexisting14

justexisting14

isitoveryet?
Mar 17, 2019
I tried a generator in my car the other day but shut it off within 10 seconds because of the noise. However it did register 100ppm on my CO meter just from that short burst
How did the noise make it shut off just wondering
Thanks for the data. I think the trick is to let them burn down outside to the point where they are no longer smoking, and then put them in the room and either enter immediately or let it build.

If you light them in the room or space you intend to use, the smoke will be very unpleasant. All the accidental cases i have read about of co poisoning while camping have involved bringing them into the tent after they had burned off ie after the people had cooked on them.

You're right about camping, nobody will pay any attention to someone having a bbq at dusk, although three might seem a little strange.

I would do a test, where you fill the bucket up with coals after letting them get a bit grey in the chimney starter and see after 30 minutes if it's viable to put them in the space. They will have stopped smoking by then but the bucket will still be very hot.

I used a plastic bin lid, upside down and lined with aluminium foil and filled with water, with three bricks to support the bucket, the bricks were half submerged in water. The bucket was hot but not like nuclear hot and i could place my hand 12 inches over the top without being burned. I also half covered the bucket with foil to reduce the upward heat. I estimate the timescale from putting the coals in bucket to putting them in the space to be more like 40 minutes.
Maybe get in with the coals? But more coals more heat right

R

Red Rose Exile

Mar 24, 2019

Just a reminder, not all plastic containers are created equal, if you put either acid formic or sulfuric in polypropylene bottles (Recycle 5) they will degrade quite quickly and you'll have a leak. You are better using HDPE or LDPE containers. They usually have a recycling 2 or 4 on the bottom

Glass is better, and will be using a pickling jar with a plastic lid as the mixer

Reactions: SMarie1204, Can'tStandAnymore and outhor
O

outhor

bus catcher
Mar 13, 2019
i just asked about this, but i found 2 cases about that, turns out generators produces a lot o CO.

"(c) non-vehicle CO sources, especially generators, can produce lethal levels if operated in an enclosed space. Those caring for potentially suicidal individuals should take these findings into consideration in their management. "
source:

"In the garage, near the victim there was a motorbike, with a running two stroke motor, and with the exhaust pipe con- nected with a hose. In the other side of the hose there was a plastic device connected with adhesive cellophane to a tent and inside the tent lied the victim. "
source:
requires token. search the text

i hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail and 406metallicblue
justexisting14

justexisting14

isitoveryet?
Mar 17, 2019
Sorry, I didn't write it correctly. I shut off the generator once I realised how noisy it was.
Ohhh okay but wow it increased pretty quickly so that's a start. So for the noise, would you suggest a field? My concern is others hearing as I'm sure yours is.