W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
You're in serbia right? Where did you get it from, germany perhaps. Can you let me know please? Why don't you know how you feel, is it because it is becoming reality.

You're in serbia right? Where did you get it from, germany perhaps. Can you let me know please? Why don't you know how you feel, is it because it is becoming reality.
because I'm exploding in five directions at once, emotionally. I hate myself deeply, but reluctant about ctb (and incompetent),
also not motivated for therapy, and feeling guilty about it… just a ton of hate, compulsion, and disbelief, I've become an animal :(
I'm from Croatia, bought it from USA, on ebay, the famous model, TPI 707

Reactions: InTheAirTonight and thundersnail

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Because it's a totally unnecessary waste of money and time. A direct product of the ruminating human mind.
The ruminating human mind got us here in the first place, i'm guessing.

Reactions: whatever1111
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
The ruminating human mind got us here in the first place, i'm guessing.

@sif

"there's reasons why they're so hard to get, even trying to die its not necessary because the only difference between 3000ppm and 12000ppm is about 1 hour to death vs a few minutes. Even 1600ppm would have you dead within 3 hours"

Reactions: akai and 406metallicblue
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
The bathroom principle is that i want it to look like an accident, as i am renovating a house where the electricity is unreliable and a generator can be justified. I live alone in a secluded area and so there is no danger to others. My main concern is not being discovered for a while ie several weeks. If i didn't care about the accident i would use a car ie 6m3 as opposed to the bathroom 20m3. I simply can't have my mother thinking i suicided, whatever the other random variables might be.

Overthinking is a big problem with this co method but then, you have to be rational about it. My idea is to fire up the generator for an hour and quickly get into the bathroom and close the door. One of several things might happen. I get ko'd by 9000ppm and die rapidly, i feel extremely ill briefly and then pass out, or i feel extremely ill and am able to leave the room because it's too unpleasant and i don't want to be in there.

You're lucky you live alone. If I was in your situation perhaps I'd do the same. I wouldn't care about being found weeks after or what my parents think, but it's a personal thing at this point.

The reason I'm contemplating doing it in a car is because i'm being monitored. So if I don't answer the phone or reply to messages the apartment manager will likely open the door to see what's going on. So if I do it in the bathroom or my room I only have 3-4 hours before possibly being found out. It would take the bathroom or my room more than 1 hour to reach 10000 ppm, so it's slightly risky. With a car we already know that 1 hour is more than enough. The ambulance doesn't have the tools to break open car doors/windows, so it would take the fire department at least 10 minutes to get to you. Waiting outside the car for an hour, making sure no one is passing by, then getting in, gives you a practically guaranteed chance.

Think of it this way. If 6400 ppm gives you death in less than 20 minutes, and if in 40 minutes you get 9600 ppm, in 1 hour you will get 12-13000 ppm so even if someone finds you right after you are knocked out you will be dead by the time the fire department arrives.

Alternatively what I could do is just schedule an e-mail for when I'm expected to wake up. Could say I'm going to the shop or something. That would extend my time for another 2-3 hours. So I could in theory do it in the bathroom or my room. Not really sure which to choose at this point, but the car is enticing because we already have data for how long it takes. I think the key is to hold your breath so as to make sure you close the door, whether it's bathroom, room, or car.

I guess it's just personal preference at this point. The room or bathroom would take slightly longer, but if you can make sure no one will bother you then the end result will be the same. I suppose you could calculate how long it takes for 20m3 from the 6m3 data. Roughly speaking it would take 3 hours or less to get 10000+ ppm.

Yes, I've heard of many people doing this in lay-bys or woodland at night. But really, it only takes one unfortunately timed dog walker or a curious motorist to give you lifelong inescapable brain damage.

That is not worth the risk, for me. So I 'll do it in a private house where I will not be disturbed (at least until my family get worried and the police track me down, but that won't be for many hours)

You're right, but like I said above if you get in the car at 12000+ ppm, i.e. after 1 hour of waiting, you will die in 3 minutes. So even if someone finds you exactly after you're knocked out, it would be impossible for the fire department to get to you in 3 minutes. But again if you have enough time until discovery you might as well do it in your bedroom if you wish. So it depends on your personal situation.
How many of you have gas stoves in your kitchen?
Google - "incomplete combustion propane gas" and similar.
To burn without offgassing too much CO and soot, the nozzle is designed in a special way.
It had come to my mind that if you tweak the nozzle - actually, make a brand new one - and make it mix the propane gas with oxygen in different proportions, it could be really deadly.
Can be attached to any propane gas tank, can regulate the flame intensity etc.
All you need is some sort of filter at the end to capture the soot and a proper heat insulation...
If anyone here is into DIY stuff, you have to ponder over the right design. I definitely would.

When its ready, the blueprints should be in public domain.

I think Sylvia Plath is the famous gas stove suicide. I don't know if this is possible anymore since they changed the nature of the gas since the 60s. Depending on how your kitchen is laid out, you risk having to fill up your entire house with gas for it to be effective. I think buying or renting a generator seems like an easier solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: 406metallicblue

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
You're lucky you live alone. If I was in your situation perhaps I'd do the same. I wouldn't care about being found weeks after or what my parents think, but it's a personal thing at this point.

The reason I'm contemplating doing it in a car is because i'm being monitored. So if I don't answer the phone or reply to messages the apartment manager will likely open the door to see what's going on. So if I do it in the bathroom or my room I only have 3-4 hours before possibly being found out. It would take the bathroom or my room more than 1 hour to reach 10000 ppm, so it's slightly risky. With a car we already know that 1 hour is more than enough. The ambulance doesn't have the tools to break open car doors/windows, so it would take the fire department at least 10 minutes to get to you. Waiting outside the car for an hour, making sure no one is passing by, then getting in, gives you a practically guaranteed chance.

Think of it this way. If 6400 ppm gives you death in less than 20 minutes, and if in 40 minutes you get 9600 ppm, in 1 hour you will get 12-13000 ppm so even if someone finds you right after you are knocked out you will be dead by the time the fire department arrives.

Alternatively what I could do is just schedule an e-mail for when I'm expected to wake up. Could say I'm going to the shop or something. That would extend my time for another 2-3 hours. So I could in theory do it in the bathroom or my room. Not really sure which to choose at this point, but the car is enticing because we already have data for how long it takes. I think the key is to hold your breath so as to make sure you close the door, whether it's bathroom, room, or car.

I guess it's just personal preference at this point. The room or bathroom would take slightly longer, but if you can make sure no one will bother you then the end result will be the same. I suppose you could calculate how long it takes for 20m3 from the 6m3 data. Roughly speaking it would take 3 hours or less to get 10000+ ppm.

You're right, but like I said above if you get in the car at 12000+ ppm, i.e. after 1 hour of waiting, you will die in 3 minutes. So even if someone finds you exactly after you're knocked out, it would be impossible for the fire department to get to you in 3 minutes. But again if you have enough time until discovery you might as well do it in your bedroom if you wish. So it depends on your personal situation.

I think Sylvia Plath is the famous gas stove suicide. I don't know if this is possible anymore since they changed the nature of the gas since the 60s. Depending on how your kitchen is laid out, you risk having to fill up your entire house with gas for it to be effective. I think buying or renting a generator seems like an easier solution.
I think taking valium or xanax and/or some alcohol is critical to avoid side effects like nausea and headache if one plans on letting it build up while in the vehicle., but it's a fine line between taking so much that you lose your cognitive ability during preparation . People who have access to medication know their tolerances. Even getting into a car after build up i would needing something to calm me and fight SI during the build up.

I agree that a bathroom is less ideal than a car due to the increased space and length of time for build up and the data we have. Doing it in a room where there are other people around in the building is a really bad idea. If i were to repeat my experience i would do exactly as before but be more aware of the issue of being exposed to a very high concentration and as you say, take a deep breath and hold it for long enough to get in, close the door and get comfortable, say 20 seconds.

I remember reading a case about a guy who was found wearing headphones for music, he must have let it build up so we know that is an option also.

Last edited:
Reactions: jules18
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I think taking valium or xanax and/or some alcohol is critical to avoid side effects like nausea and headache

I agree that a bathroom is less ideal than a car due to the increased space and length of time for build up and the data we have. Doing it in a room where there are other people around in the building is a really bad idea.

I remember reading a case about a guy who was found wearing headphones for music, he must have let it build up so we know that is an option also.

I'll wear headphones but, as rapid CO buildup is imperceptible with minimal and likely no side effects, I don't think one will have survival instinct kick in. Just be like going for a nice nap.

Regardless of data, CO from charcoal will fill a small car and a small bathroom quickly with no significant or discernible time difference.

Yes, I'll do it in a private house so that other people aren't in the same house. And seal up the room. That's all you can do.

Letting it build up is actually a way to prevent nausea, headache etc as opposed to just entering with high CO, as I already explained fully.

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I think taking valium or xanax and/or some alcohol is critical to avoid side effects like nausea and headache if one plans on letting it build up while in the vehicle., but it's a fine line between taking so much that you lose your cognitive ability during preparation . People who have access to medication know their tolerances. Even getting into a car after build up i would needing something to calm me and fight SI during the build up.

I agree that a bathroom is less ideal than a car due to the increased space and length of time for build up and the data we have. Doing it in a room where there are other people around in the building is a really bad idea. If i were to repeat my experience i would do exactly as before but be more aware of the issue of being exposed to a very high concentration and as you say, take a deep breath and hold it for long enough to get in, close the door and get comfortable, say 20 seconds.

I've also been reading reports online, and none of them mention vomiting when people are consistently exposed to CO. The only vomiting mention I've seen was when the person entered the garage with CO then went back in the house. The guy and his family were saved by the ambulance, so I'm not sure what to think.

I don't have access to valium or xanax but I do have some vodka. Why do you think alcohol would help with nausea/headache? thinning the blood vessels? I suppose it could help with survival instinct. I've planned on just drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes before going in, but maybe having some alcohol instead of coffee might be a better idea.

I'll wear headphones but, as rapid CO buildup is imperceptible with minimal and likely no side effects, I don't think one will have survival instinct kick in. Just be like going for a nice nap.

Regardless of data, CO from charcoal will fill a small car and a small bathroom quickly with no significant or discernible time difference.

Yes, I'll do it in a private house so that other people aren't in the same house. And seal up the room. That's all you can do.

Letting it build up is actually a way to prevent nausea, headache etc as opposed to just entering with high CO, as I already explained fully.

None of the case reports that I've read about people staying in with the CO from the beginning mention vomiting or side effects. So I'm not sure what to think. It's really strange when people talk about vomiting when this doesn't seem to be case in most reports. Perhaps you shouldn't eat some time before and get some alcohol in your system. I've tried inhaling methylene chloride fumes and this gave me a really bad experience when it comes to gas exposure (obviously it failed), but of course it's a different beast than CO. Ideally and based on 406metallicblue's experience I want to be knocked out immediately like he has, so this is why I'm planning to do it this way.

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
based on 406metallicblue's experience I want to be knocked out immediately like he has, so this is why I'm planning to do it this way.

He was lucky and had just passed the threshold. Or, he has simply forgotten.

You most probably will experience negative effects before you pass out with a massive dose of CO all at once.

So, likely, it will be 'near-immediate', but not simply 'immediate'.

Also, you'll lose CO when you enter..

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiko and 406metallicblue
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
how quickly would the gas leave the house after an experiment? If I filled a little bathroom with gas, and opened all the other doors in an isolated house , would the gas circulate for hours, making it difficult to bring it back to harmless levels, or would it dissipate because of the invading air without problem? in other words, if I have the whole weekend for myself in an empty house, how dangerous is it to play around with the gas? does it linger in the air? how do I make sure I leave the house safe after the CO experiment? I would appreciate any input, I'm not good with this kind of things (physics)

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019

You most probably will experience negative effects before you pass out with a massive dose of CO all at once.

I've talked to him in private and I think he was lucid enough to remember. The shock of CO will quickly knock you out and re-fill what was lost when you opened the door. The end result is the same imo.

I'm willing to take a near-immediate scenario over the anxiety of waiting. I'm just too scared of vomiting and I don't really care about headaches or dizziness. Now that I think of it alcohol could indeed speed things up and be the reason why he didn't have bad side effects. There seems to be a link of alcohol consumption and not feeling the symptoms of CO poisoning. Cigarettes also seem to increase the blood level of CO.

"People who are sleeping or who have been drinking alcohol can die from CO poisoning before ever having symptoms."

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I'm willing to take a near-immediate scenario over the anxiety of waiting. I'm just too scared of vomiting and I don't really care about headaches or dizziness.

Fairs. You do what you gotta do. I think I'll be relaxed, I'll just snuggle in my makeshift bed, use my phone, put some music on.

If I remember to, I'll post my last moments here so I can report any headaches, dizziness, vomiting etc. I bet, at worst, it'll be mild dizziness/nausea/headache, but let's see, shall we?

Reactions: 406metallicblue and jules18
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
Fairs. You do what you gotta do. I think I'll be relaxed, I'll just snuggle in my makeshift bed, use my phone, put some music on.

If I remember to, I'll post my last moments here so I can report any headaches, dizziness, vomiting etc. I bet, at worst, it'll be mild dizziness/nausea/headache, but let's see, shall we?

I will also make a last post here before I do it. I think this is a solid method that more people should consider. Either way we will see what happens.

Reactions: Spiko, 406metallicblue and vfghjkjhilkj
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
how quickly would the gas leave the house after an experiment? If I filled a little bathroom with gas, and opened all the other doors in an isolated house , would the gas circulate for hours

If you unseal the funnel in your bathroom and open all windows, it should escape within minutes I think..

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018

The business of whether to let it build up or enter the space from the beginning is a tricky one. Very high levels of CO cause unconsciousness very rapidly. But then again, the accounts i have read of death by CO poisoning involve a gradual exposure be it accidental or suicide. The tent victims were certainly gradual exposure the ones i read about. And with a car, it's usually in a car park or layby and i can't see them hanging around outside for 40 minutes as it builds up.

I can't be sure what exactly happened in my failed attempt, just that i felt okay and remember opening the car door and then nothing until waking up hours later. It seems unlikely that the wine and pills i popped would have caused such a sudden ko that i couldn't close the door behind me.

At the moment i am inclined to let it build up first after my previous experience, just not breathe for 20 seconds or so until i'm settled.

Last edited:
Reactions: jules18 and vfghjkjhilkj
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I tested the little round stoves everybody is saying are ideal for lighting up charcoals briqs and found them wanting. Now, I own a large fireplace with a cast iron heat retainer which I can use for comparisons..

I won't include the whole post, as it is huge, but he claims chimney starters aren't suitable. This is untrue.

Simply by using a maximum of 2kg in each full-size chimney starter - which is what they are designed to hold, maximum - solves any issues with crumbling charcoal. If 2kg isn't enough, simply use 2 or 3 chimney starters at once. Don't try put all your charcoal in one chimney starter! It is common sense that if you use more charcoal in a chimney starter than they are designed to hold, or keep the charcoal in the starter too long, then the effects will be negative, with charcoal at the bottom crumbing.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I won't include the whole post, as it is huge, but he claims chimney starters aren't suitable. This is untrue.

Simply by using a maximum of 2kg in each full-size chimney starter - which is what they are designed to hold, maximum - solves any issues with crumbling charcoal. If 2kg isn't enough, simply use 2 or 3 chimney starters at once. Don't try put all your charcoal in one chimney starter! It is common sense that if you use more charcoal in a chimney starter than they are designed to hold, or keep the charcoal in the starter too long, then the effects will be negative, with charcoal at the bottom crumbing.
it is not untrue what Joannf said - I tried playing around with a chimney starter and while its ok, its not ideal. the bottom ones do become gray much faster than the ones on top. but then again, she made her own setup, so its a different story.

Reactions: Joannf
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
it is not untrue what Joannf said - I tried playing around with a chimney starter and while its ok, its not ideal. the bottom ones do become gray much faster than the ones on top. but then again, she made her own setup, so its a different story.

I did not say that they don't get greyer quicker at the bottom. This much is true. However, it is untrue that that means that the bottom coals must deteriorate and become useless.

This is not designed to happen. If you buy high quality chimney starters and charcoal, and perform the method correctly, then the bottom coals will be grey, and the top coals will be slightly grey, and will slowly change to fully grey only after they are taken out of the chimney starter, when they are resting in a grill or bucket.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I did not say that they don't get greyer quicker at the bottom. This much is true. However, it is untrue that that means that the bottom coals must deteriorate and become useless.

This is not designed to happen. If you buy high quality chimney starters and charcoal, and perform the method correctly, then the bottom coals will be grey, and the top coals will be slightly grey, and will slowly change to fully grey only after they are taken out of the chimney starter, when they are resting in a grill or bucket.
ok, its not really important, Joannf is/was a perfectionist, so she made a lot of modifications. in the end, i guess it depends on the size of the room. she was saying, as far as i recall, that with a 2 kilo starter, it ends up with a somewhat less amount of effective coal, less than 2. that much seems true, according to my primitive experiments. for small spaces, I guess that isnt a problem, for larger ones it might be good to take it into account. I think even in the 8chan post in the beginning of the thread, the starter on the pictures is really large, if I'm not mistaken. the coals are very evenly situated.
If you unseal the funnel in your bathroom and open all windows, it should escape within minutes I think..
the bathroom has no windows, so the gas would spread through the house. thats why I'm worried. I can open a lot of windows, but i dont know would some of the gas 'refuse' to leave lol, e. g. remain to linger in spite of the breeze, circulation of air, etc. its a stupid question without some pictures, I know

Last edited:

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018

Charcoal emits CO for a long period of time, long enough that by the time you've emptied one chimney starter load into a bucket, started up a second chimney starter and emptied THAT into a bucket on top of the first load, you don't have to worry about the first ones becoming extinct from a CO viewpoint.

I would say that the time from lighting the first chimney starter, emptying it into a bucket, burning a second one, emptying that and then the bucket being ready to place in the space... probably an hour and a half. What we are interested in is that a) they are not smoking and b) they are not too hot to cause issues in the space.. car/tent etc. Anyone who has tried this will tell you that a steel bucket full of charcoal is very HOT, even if it's been sitting there a while. My experience was not to wait for a certain 'greyness', but to wait until it became feasible to put them in the space from a heat output point of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: thisnight
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
Charcoal emits CO for a long period of time, long enough that by the time you've emptied one chimney starter load into a bucket, started up a second chimney starter and emptied THAT into a bucket on top of the first load, you don't have to worry about the first ones becoming extinct from a CO viewpoint.

I would say that the time from lighting the first chimney starter, emptying it into a bucket, burning a second one, emptying that and then the bucket being ready to place in the space... probably an hour and a half. What we are interested in is that a) they are not smoking and b) they are not too hot to cause issues in the space.. car/tent etc. Anyone who has tried this will tell you that a steel bucket full of charcoal is very HOT, even if it's been sitting there a while. My experience was not to wait for a certain 'greyness', but to wait until it became feasible to put them in the space from a heat output point of view.

I was going to let the buckets cool down outside for 20 / 25 minutes maximum. It is your opinion that this isn't enough time?

(btw, I am going to be using multiple chimney starters simultaneously)

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I'm reading about alcohol and CO poisoning and this is sort of discouraging:

However:

"Infusion or injection of ETOH before and during 90 min of CO exposure to blood levels 2-4 times those considered legally drunk in humans, increased survival at 2400 ppm, and extended the tolerance time at 2400 ppm and 3000 ppm. --- Although ETOH did not alter the average degree of hypoglycemia seen during the later stages of CO exposure, rats with the highest ETOH concentration tended to have the lowest blood glucose."

So being really drunk might be slightly neuroprotective, but ultimately won't affect the outcome at higher levels of ppm.

Maybe I'm just overreacting. Perhaps getting a bit of a buzz with some wine will help with headaches and dizziness. If @406metallicblue drank a whole bottle of wine and was knocked out immediately from charcoal, I can't see this failing with just a little buzz for courage.

Reactions: thundersnail
H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
Progress update: I bought a 1200w generator today. Filled it up with petrol/oil and started it up in my car for a quick test. It was a lot louder than I expected and I cut the engine after about 10 seconds. I then took a reading on my CO monitor and it registered levels of 100ppm. If the levels go up that quick then surely it shouldn't take long to get past 1000ppm towards deadly territory.

Also, my car now stinks of petrol and fumes but oh well, at least I know the generator works and produces CO

• Love
Reactions: justexisting14, jules18, 406metallicblue and 1 other person

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Progress update: I bought a 1200w generator today. Filled it up with petrol/oil and started it up in my car for a quick test. It was a lot louder than I expected and I cut the engine after about 10 seconds. I then took a reading on my CO monitor and it registered levels of 100ppm. If the levels go up that quick then surely it shouldn't take long to get past 1000ppm towards deadly territory.

Also, my car now stinks of petrol and fumes but oh well, at least I know the generator works and produces CO
Thanks for the information. Can you try a test for longer or is it difficult where you are? Does the meter go up to 1000 or 10,000ppm?

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I've had a change of heart and decided I will do it in the bathroom instead. I measured my bathroom and it is approximately 8.2m3.

I'm going to do this method tomorrow morning using a 2000 watt generator. I plan to stay in the closed bathroom with my meter to record how soon it reaches 1000 ppm. Then I will quickly exit the bathroom, start drinking some wine and wait 1 hour. I will leave a message here with how long it took. I will put some pillows and a blanket in the bathtub beforehand. Then I will quickly enter holding my breath and sit in the bathtub.

Decided to change from the car because I can have approximately 5-8+ hours before discovery with a scheduled e-mail.

If 6.2m3 takes 40 minutes to reach 9600 ppm, 8.2m3 would reach 7680 ppm at the same time, assuming linear regression. So it would take 67 minutes to reach 13000 ppm. If the initial test reaches 1000 ppm in 5.2 minutes, then I will go with these calculations. If not will adjust accordingly. If the CO buildup is indeed exponential and not linear, then this process should go slightly faster.

O

OneCFS

Mar 24, 2019
Best advice I can give anyone is make sure, whatever room or tent you try this in, is make sure everywhere is sealed and you're ready to sleep. I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I woke up, room filled with smoke after 6 hours of smoke inhalation. I made a mistake somewhere obviously. If anybody would like a partner to do this with, that's not a problem.

O

outhor

bus catcher
Mar 13, 2019
Best advice I can give anyone is make sure, whatever room or tent you try this in, is make sure everywhere is sealed and you're ready to sleep. I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I woke up, room filled with smoke after 6 hours of smoke inhalation. I made a mistake somewhere obviously. If anybody would like a partner to do this with, that's not a problem.

did you use charcoal or a generator? how big was your room? did you had any damage?

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks for the information. Can you try a test for longer or is it difficult where you are? Does the meter go up to 1000 or 10,000ppm?
Meter goes up to 1000. And I'll try another test soon. It honestly scared me when I turned on the generator. Didn't expect it to be so loud. Might have to buy some earmuffs for my actual attempt. And find a very isolated place to do it.

O

OneCFS

Mar 24, 2019
did you use charcoal or a generator? how big was your room? did you had any damage?
I used charcoal Outhor! I did this twice, two separate occasions. The room wasn't very big at all, I sealed around the door and the windows, every part of the room that gave some air but still I failed. The plan now is to do this inside a tent. In terms of damage, I had a bit of a headache for awhile, that's it!

Reactions: thisnight
T

thisnight

Mar 18, 2019
I used charcoal Outhor! I did this twice, two separate occasions. The room wasn't very big at all, I sealed around the door and the windows, every part of the room that gave some air but still I failed. The plan now is to do this inside a tent. In terms of damage, I had a bit of a headache for awhile, that's it!
Can you describe your attempts in detail please? Did you stay in the room from the beginning or left it for the CO to build up? How much coal did you use, one or two grills? Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong? Also why are you now planning to do it in a tent?
I read reports of successful attempts as well as failed attempts. It would be very helpful to hear your experience, thank you!