406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I'd say sticking one's hand into a small gap in the tent for a few seconds isn't going to significantly diminish the co. I don't know how long a 10000ppm meter takes to make the reading though.

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
So I went and bought a generator, filled it up and was just about to turn it on when I discovered the on/off switch had broken. FML

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
So I went and bought a generator, filled it up and was just about to turn it on when I discovered the on/off switch had broken. FML
How much research have you done about the generator method?

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
How much research have you done about the generator method?
A little bit. I was going to turn it on in my car and monitor how much CO was produced using a CO alarm. From what I've heard it's quite an effective method, just a bit more costly than charcoal

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
People have ctbd using a petrol generator, there are several reports on the internet. But nothing like as much discussion with this method as there is with charcoal, which i find a bit strange. You can buy a genny for a couple of hundred euros and there's not all the hassle with getting the set up right, quantity/quality of charcoal etc. My main issue with it is that it's noisy and not a very peaceful way to go. Still, you can't have everything.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I just mean the noise of the thing at 90 decibels, charcoal you can sleep quietly and listen to some music. I guess turn up the music loud then. ha! pump up the music in the adjoining room and set up your gen in the sealed room, take half a dozen seresta and a few glasses of pastis ( normal for someone with mental health issues), scatter a few tools around to make it look like you're working, enter the space and start up the gen, by which time the alc/seresta will be beginning to kick in and crash out on the floor as if you were working, with the music to drown out the gen. I'm going with bach violin suites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiko
Lost1234

Lost1234

Xentos
Jun 20, 2018
I wonder How this would turn out?

100mg of amitriptyline + a bottle of wine for the unconsciousness/deep sleep and a perfectly warmed-up load of charcoal(mostly white) in a taped room.

S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
I wonder How this would turn out?

100mg of amitriptyline + a bottle of wine for the unconsciousness/deep sleep and a perfectly warmed-up load of charcoal(mostly white) in a taped room.

Alcohol is not good for this CO method. (this has chemical reasons)

P

ProlongedSentence

Mar 14, 2019
"Powdered zinc can be mixed with calcium carbonate and heated to produce carbon monoxide." (PPeH)
This could be interesting for some of us, because some of us will find it alot easier to get those ingredients then sulfuric acid and this should be significantly more predictable then charcoal. This can simply be done with a hotplate on a timer in your bathroom.
For real?

S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
For what chemical reasons, can you give details please.

Alcohol should only be used moderately with this method because it dilates the finest blood vessels and could possibly counteract hemoglobin blockade of carbon monoxide.

There should be also medical studies about that topic. My english is not so good, so maybe you can google that topic, if you want more details about that.

Reactions: thundersnail and 406metallicblue

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Alcohol should only be used moderately with this method because it dilates the finest blood vessels and could possibly counteract hemoglobin blockade of carbon monoxide.

There should be also medical studies about that topic. My english is not so good, so maybe you can google that topic, if you want more details about that.
Your english is fine. I think moderate alcohol consumption is best anyway, if you get blasted you're more likely to make mistakes. Half a bottle of wine and a few benzos would be my preference. You can go into outrageous detail about all this, like if it's more effective on an empty stomach or not. But you make a good point.

Reactions: Lost1234 and Spiko
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
Your english is fine. I think moderate alcohol consumption is best anyway, if you get blasted you're more likely to make mistakes. Half a bottle of wine and a few benzos would be my preference. You can go into outrageous detail about all this, like if it's more effective on an empty stomach or not. But you make a good point.

I know cases of successful suicides via CO, and they drank alcohol before. But i personally want to make it so safe as possible, so i will not drink any alcohol before. But i will take a few benzos before too, like you said.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
@Spiko ,

Reading about that detector that can go up to 10,000 PPM turned my attention to this thread. Being able to get a very high PPM for long enough is critical for a humane, quick and reliable death.

As for the method of obtaining CO and filling a room with a high enough concentration: I recall two methods, one being the sulphuric acid plus formic acid and the other one charcoal brics or a version of that.
I'm in Europe and what's available here may be different compared to the USA.

Is anything in particular recommended to obtain a very high PPM reading safely and effectively ? ... I wasn't planning on buying a small car, or putting up a tent in my house ...
A third method is using a petrol generator to create CO.

Lost1234

Lost1234

Xentos
Jun 20, 2018

Is it more effective on an empty stomach though?

Reactions: 406metallicblue
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
A third method is using a petrol generator to create CO.

Yes. This is (in my opinion), the best method for creating CO. But i live with my mother in an apartment , so i can't do this petrol generator method in the apartment.

I have bought a tent. But i don't know, if the petrol generator would work in a tent. And the other problem is, that i have no car, so i would must transport this petrol generator via bus, and maybe the people would become suspicious about that.

So, it's probably better, with the charcoal method, because this is not so suspicious.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Is it more effective on an empty stomach though?
I have no idea, perhaps like all things in moderation. A sandwich, a few glasses of wine and a handful of benzos after letting the coals get ready. I'll see if i can find something about whether chocolate inhibits the uptake of CO into the system..... (i'm kidding).
Yes. This is (in my opinion), the best method for creating CO. But i live with my mother in an apartment , so i can't do this petrol generator method in the apartment.

I have bought a tent. But i don't know, if the petrol generator would work in a tent. And the other problem is, that i have no car, so i would must transport this petrol generator via bus, and maybe the people would become suspicious about that.

So, it's probably better, with the charcoal method, because this is not so suspicious.
They can be pretty heavy things. In a small space like a tent a 1000w genny i think would be enough and would weigh about 20 kilos. A generator in a shared appartment is a non starter as you say. A generator would i think be feasable in a tent. My objective in using a generator is to make it look like an accident, in a house i am renovating. If i didn't need to make it look like an accident i would probably go with charcoal in a vehicle or a tent, just because generators are very noisy, about 90 decibels and charcoal is silent, so would be more peaceful.

The advantage with a generator is that there is no complicated set up, you just fire it up. I'd rather not ctb with 90 decibels in my ears and would prefer some music but then you can't have it all.

Are you seriously thinking of ctb in the same appartment as your mother? You have bought a tent? I really think you ought to not be in a place where your mother will find you first, if at all possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost1234
P

ProlongedSentence

Mar 14, 2019
I have no idea, perhaps like all things in moderation. A sandwich, a few glasses of wine and a handful of benzos after letting the coals get ready. I'll see if i can find something about whether chocolate inhibits the uptake of CO into the system..... (i'm kidding).

They can be pretty heavy things. In a small space like a tent a 1000w genny i think would be enough and would weigh about 20 kilos. A generator in a shared appartment is a non starter as you say. A generator would i think be feasable in a tent. My objective in using a generator is to make it look like an accident, in a house i am renovating. If i didn't need to make it look like an accident i would probably go with charcoal in a vehicle or a tent, just because generators are very noisy, about 90 decibels and charcoal is silent, so would be more peaceful.

The advantage with a generator is that there is no complicated set up, you just fire it up. I'd rather not ctb with 90 decibels in my ears and would prefer some music but then you can't have it all.
This is so frustrating. First off I have no Health Insurance so if I get caught before the bus leaves and taken to a hospital I am scr*wed with bills after a LONG mandatory mental. Second off I have a garage but everyone keeps saying that a car's exhaust won't work any more.(Which I find hard to believe because I just read a news article about a wife and her lover that died having sex in a car running in a garage.)

And 406 I LOVE your last meal menu. I just do not have access to benos or stong acting sleeping pills. The sandwich, wine and chocolate - perfecto. Gotta be the best ever sandwich though.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lost1234

Lost1234

Xentos
Jun 20, 2018

Well, all I have is 100mg of amitriptyline ..... It probably won't be as strong as a benzo class drug, but as small as 25mg had put me in a deep sleep, and I've waited long to get the 100 mg itself... I just hope it works.

Reactions: thundersnail and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Manfromtheocean

Manfromtheocean

Feb 26, 2019
So apparently the grip of chimney starters can melt and the entire thing gets pretty dangerous. :pfff: Jeez, would be ridiculous to forget your gloves.

Lump charcoals or briquettes???
I tend to the latter as they burn longer and don't emit any smoke. But they do contain lots of additives.

Dracovern

Dracovern

Mar 14, 2019
I was looking into formic/sulfuric acid, it seems like a nice way to go as long if it tests properly. Though from what I hear, N is the best although a bit expensive. I've seen some people saying there were issues with this method, but it seems as long as the reaction is continuing there should be no issues with a proper flask, right? I've thought about buying 2 and using them together just in case one messes up somehow.

There really shouldn't be any issues with this method as long as I purify everything with water to avoid burning since the whole point is to avoid pain if possible.

Reactions: Can'tStandAnymore and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
So apparently the grip of chimney starters can melt and the entire thing gets pretty dangerous. :pfff: Jeez, would be ridiculous to forget your gloves.

I tend to the latter as they burn longer and don't emit any smoke. But they do contain lots of additives.

From what i have read, the "normal" charchoals are better, because like you said, these briquettes are including additive substances.

Reactions: Manfromtheocean and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I was looking into formic/sulfuric acid, it seems like a nice way to go as long if it tests properly. Though from what I hear, N is the best although a bit expensive. I've seen some people saying there were issues with this method, but it seems as long as the reaction is continuing there should be no issues with a proper flask, right? I've thought about buying 2 and using them together just in case one messes up somehow.

There really shouldn't be any issues with this method as long as I purify everything with water to avoid burning since the whole point is to avoid pain if possible.

This method is a terrible idea. Ever wondered why most people don't use it, when it's supposedly better than charcoal ? The answer is, because it is not better than charcoal . Sulphuric acid is highly corrosive and poisonous (along with its fumes!). Breathing its fumes in, in a small enclosed space, will be so uncomfortable / painful , that you will quickly cancel the attempt . They use sulphuric acid to melt people's faces in attacks . Now you get the idea?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Spiko
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
A question, to the following picture:

If i burn charcoals and then put the charcoals it in a steel bucket, does the gases from the BOTTOM of the steel bucket come also UP to in the air? (because the other charcoals are OVER them? )

Attachments

• CO.png
    CO.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Dracovern

Dracovern

Mar 14, 2019
This method is a terrible idea. Ever wondered why most people don't use it, when it's supposedly better than charcoal ? The answer is, because it is not better than charcoal . Sulphuric acid is highly corrosive and poisonous (along with its fumes!). Breathing its fumes in, in a small enclosed space, will be so uncomfortable / painful , that you will quickly cancel the attempt . They use sulphuric acid to melt people's faces in attacks . Now you get the idea?

Yeah, I was just looking into it as CO was a method I was interested in since its supposed to be a peaceful method in comparison to most like hanging/shooting/falling to death. I doubt I'll use this method after researching further, though hopefully N will work assuming I can acquire it. If I can't maybe I'll look into some of the other methods of Co. Though from what I saw the formic/sulfuric acid isn't too bad as long as you purify it with water? Correct me if I'm wrong there.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
A question, to the following picture:

If i burn charcoals and then put the charcoals it in a steel bucket, does the gases from the BOTTOM of the steel bucket come also UP to in the air? (because the other charcoals are OVER them? )
The charcoal doesn't form a solid lump and so i would say that yes, the gas comes from the bottom although inevitably they will gas more slowly than the top ones.

Reactions: Spiko

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I think i mentioned in another post, i have tried and failed this method. The most realistic explanation i can come up with is that i allowed the co to build up in the car before getting in, which knocked me out before i could close the door behind me. I had taken some benzos and alcohol but not enough to explain the sudden black out. I remember very clearly the moments leading up to opening the door to get in and then nothing until coming to 6 hours later in the car with a bang on the head.

From this experience i imagine the co level in the car from a bucket of charcoal in there for 30 minutes produced a very high level of CO, which ko'd me as i got in and then diminished as the door was open. I had taped up the boot and doors during this 30 minute period and so the car was very well sealed.

I had taken a few valium 5mg and a bottle of wine in the couple of hours leading up to the attempt and have wondered if it was too much. But i felt pretty lucid up to the point where i opened the car door to get in.

I made tests beforehand to examine the effects of heat, placing the bucket on bricks in a tray of water, partly covering the bucket with foil to reduce upward heat etc, but didn't use a co meter.

I have read another post here about someone passing out immediately after walking into a room where a generator had been operating.

The chimney starter i used had a metal shield to protect the handle, it got pretty hot but i was careful and it didn't pose a problem. The binders used in briquettes vary according to the manufacturer, they ought to be written on the bag as to whether they are 'natural' or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail and SMarie1204
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
The purpose of waiting for buildup is usually to avoid that nausea and fall asleep quick. The only thing that should cause panic or wake you up is Carbon Dioxide. It triggers a reflex in your body that tells you you're being suffocated.

This is a common misconception. Letting CO build up is like entering a cold pool slowly, step by step. The CO slowly creeps up on you, and takes you by surprise, and as soon as your brain realises what's happening, you are unconscious. Having a massive dose of CO all at once has not allowed any time for you body to slowly get accustomed to a rise in CO. The result is, yes, you'll probably fall unconscious very quick, but before then, your body will panic and feel nausea/headaches/shock.