S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Arak and whatever1111
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Can I use a tin foil (like ones used for baking) pan to hold my steel bucket? As long as I fill it up with water, it shouldn't burn through

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Spiko ,

Reading about that detector that can go up to 10,000 PPM turned my attention to this thread. Being able to get a very high PPM for long enough is critical for a humane, quick and reliable death.

As for the method of obtaining CO and filling a room with a high enough concentration: I recall two methods, one being the sulphuric acid plus formic acid and the other one charcoal brics or a version of that.
I'm in Europe and what's available here may be different compared to the USA.

Is anything in particular recommended to obtain a very high PPM reading safely and effectively ? ... I wasn't planning on buying a small car, or putting up a tent in my house ...

Reactions: Spiko
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
Do you think they will ask me any questions regarding the purpose I'm buying the detector for, for example - will I use it for my (non-existent) company, etc?
I pressume this kind of a detector is usually bought only by professionals, via their companies.

On a side note, if this fails, I dont have a lot of alternative options....

No, you don't need to answer any questions. I wanted to buy this sensor, but the only problem was the money. I don't have enough money for that CO sensor.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and whatever1111
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
I will be using 2 large chimney-starter-fulls of charcoal briquettes , which is around 1.5kg I believe , in a small 2m by 2m bathroom (or an even smaller room, but has no lock) .

How long will this take to kill me, approximately? Any ideas?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Spiko
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
how quickly does CO dissolve? If I fill up a tent with CO in a garage with one normal (small) door
and another bigger one (the sliding garage door), would it dissolve quickly after the experiment?

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
My plan: Get the coals (1.5-3kg) ready in a starter, wait til they're grey and no longer producing smoke, pour them into disposable baking pans, put the pans in my sealed room and wait for my CO detector to read 5,000+ppm. Enter room, seal it even more, lay down and sleep.
Sounds good?

I hear that carbon dioxide forms before carbon monoxide with the charcoal method. Oxygen is eaten up by the flames and replaced with carbon dioxide. If I'm correct, to form CO the coals need to smoulder with low air, but not low enough to put them out completely. However, I've never heard of anyone testing this method and start choking when they into the sealed area with the coals because of carbon dioxide, so is it a problem I shouldn't worry about?
If I should worry about this, how should I create the perfect environment for carbon monoxide to form in the room?
I also plan to buy a TPI 707, reads up to 10,000ppm. I plan to seal the room with the coals and run a test, checking the CO levels over the course of an hour or two. Assuming it manages to reach adequate levels, when I finally perform the method would it be wise to set the alarm on the device to go off when it is nearing adequate levels of CO before I go in?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: overkill
Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
I will be using 2 large chimney-starter-fulls of charcoal briquettes , which is around 1.5kg I believe , in a small 2m by 2m bathroom (or an even smaller room, but has no lock) .

How long will this take to kill me, approximately? Any ideas?

Depends on the CO levels. You have no way of telling the levels until you walk in there, (Assuming you're going to wait outside and let it build up) unless you get a CO analyzer, and even then you're only going to be able to read up to 1,000ppm unless you get a $400 analyzer. But even a 1,000ppm analyzer/detector will help.
If it's above 5,000ppm, you should fall unconscious relatively quickly. Should the CO levels stay around 5,000ppm, you'll be dead in around 30 minutes. If you have levels around 10,000ppm or higher, you'll be unconscious in seconds and dead in 10 minutes or less.

People do this all the time without any help from the internet. Don't over think it. If you want to be safe, get a normal detector and wait for it to max out at 1,000ppm. When it does that, wait another 15min and go in. If you have some drugs to help you fall asleep very quickly, take them 45min before you plan to enter. If you add alcohol into the mix, drink it 25min before. Assuming you do all that, you'll fall asleep and succeed as long as no one comes to get you.

Reactions: InTheAirTonight
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
People do this all the time without any help from the internet. Don't over think it. If you want to be safe, get a normal detector and wait for it to max out at 1,000ppm. When it does that, wait another 15min and go in. If you have some drugs to help you fall asleep very quickly, take them 45min before you plan to enter. If you add alcohol into the mix, drink it 25min before. Assuming you do all that, you'll fall asleep and succeed as long as no one comes to get you.

Thanks ! I don't think I'll use a detector though.. many are inaccurate, and I do not plan to wait until it builds up, I will just enter at the beginning and fall asleep as it gradually builds up. But now I'm using 6kg of coals just to be certain (should be overkill for my tiny room).

I've heard of people who have waited for it to build up, and then get in, but have failed because the shock of really high CO triggers panic, nausea, even vomiting .. even waking them up. Also, you need to open the door which lets CO out.

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
I've heard of people who have waited for it to build up, and then get in, but have failed because the shock of really high CO triggers panic, nausea, even vomiting .. even waking them up. Also, you need to open the door which lets CO out.
The purpose of waiting for buildup is usually to avoid that nausea and fall asleep quick. The only thing that should cause panic or wake you up is Carbon Dioxide. It triggers a reflex in your body that tells you you're being suffocated. Goddamn I wish this method didn't have so many tiny little things to consider. I was going to say going in there as it builds up actually sounds like a good idea if you can fall asleep before the nausea. But CO2 is created before the CO. So... Could it suffocate you and wake you up in a panic after the room's oxygen is consumed?

This is pissing me off.

But let's go back to actual experiences... Like I mentioned before, people do this all the time with success and it seems peaceful. So I guess just go for it and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: InTheAirTonight and 406metallicblue
Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
Does anyone know about getting compressed CO for doing the job with zero complications? Asking for 99% CO is going to cause total alarm unless you are actually apart of a business that uses it. However, mixtures of gases are available, containing the needed CO levels. For example, Nitrogen/CO (91%-9%). These seem way more inconspicuous. The PPH mentions "6% CO in the gas used in the Rofin CO2 Slab Laser". I guess that's supposed to be some sort of example of a false story to give.
If I can get my hands on the Nitrogen/CO gas, I can simply attach a regulator and tubing with nasal prongs and fall asleep.

Seems simple enough. Now the question is, should I go with a small store or a massive company? I have access to both. I figure either could go wrong. Maybe the big company won't care and will just sell it to me. Since they sell to so many people, maybe seeing some 18 year old coming through won't be so much of a surprise.

If anyone has information on how a typical person can go about acquiring these tanks and equipment without someone refusing the sale or calling police, please let me know!

Manfromtheocean

Manfromtheocean

Feb 26, 2019
I was originally planning on hitchhiking to far away place to escape my personal prison, but reading how many things I'll need has changed my mind. Not that it's bad, I live in the middle of a forest, and if the weather's great I might even see the mountain range from here.
Still, carrying all the things is gonna be terrible. Kinda like Jesus with his cross. The result is worth it, though.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I was originally planning on hitchhiking to far away place to escape my personal prison, but reading how many things I'll need has changed my mind. Not that it's bad, I live in the middle of a forest, and if the weather's great I might even see the mountain range from here.
Still, carrying all the things is gonna be terrible. Kinda like Jesus with his cross. The result is worth it, though.
haha just today remembered the eli eli lama sabachthani line, that's how I felt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manfromtheocean
Manfromtheocean

Manfromtheocean

Feb 26, 2019
I want to kill myself in my tent. I just found a cheap single wall, which is way better than my current double wall.
I might go with that. The problem, it only has 2000mmhh. However, since I will wrap it up in plastic sheet anyways like a special Christmas present I've been wondering if the hydrostatic head would even matter?
Also, I don't understand why 3000mmhh is recommended. Seems like everybody keeps saying that without giving a reason as to why ...

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Personal preference, having taken on board the above comments. It's my intention to at least try to make it look like an accident, or to least leave the question of doubt, for the benefit of family. It seem that any petrol driven generator will emit significant levels of CO rapidly, hence the warnings on the product. I'm going for a mid range 3000w. As i am renovating a house i'm hoping people will think i just drank a few too many beers before firing it up to work in an enclosed space. It's an isolated spot and there's no danger of being discovered for several days. I'm certainly not going to bother with an expensive CO meter, not because i can't afford it but because it seems futile. If someone can die from a few kilos of charcoal in a car, i'm pretty sure a 3kw genny in small bathroom will do the business, having taken a whisky benzo cocktail. Ideas about lack of oxygen impeding CO production.. is this equally applicable to charcoal and petrol generators. hm.

One advantage of testing this out with a meter in a vehicle, is that you can physically see the the reading through the window, whereas in a sealed room you need a glass door to register the reading.

My experience with this was that i let the CO build up in the car to the point that i finally got in, the CO was so high that it knocked me out immediately and i didn't have chance to close the door behind me. 3 months in the psych ward later and it's time to try again.

My experience indicates that it's better to let the co build up slowly and take enough sleep aids/xanax/whisky to knock me out for at least 6 hours. ie fire up the gen, swig the happy pills and whisky and possibly a token cigarette and get into the designated space with the generator and close the door. The bathroom is being renovated and i will plug some tools into the gen to make it look realistic.

Amber1974

Amber1974

Student
Dec 9, 2018
I dont have a charcoal or chimney starter, why cant i just dump some coals in a grill and use lighter fluid to get them going, then once they are grey bring them into sealed bathroom?

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
Personal preference, having taken on board the above comments. It's my intention to at least try to make it look like an accident, or to least leave the question of doubt, for the benefit of family. It seem that any petrol driven generator will emit significant levels of CO rapidly, hence the warnings on the product. I'm going for a mid range 3000w. As i am renovating a house i'm hoping people will think i just drank a few too many beers before firing it up to work in an enclosed space. It's an isolated spot and there's no danger of being discovered for several days. I'm certainly not going to bother with an expensive CO meter, not because i can't afford it but because it seems futile. If someone can die from a few kilos of charcoal in a car, i'm pretty sure a 3kw genny in small bathroom will do the business, having taken a whisky benzo cocktail. Ideas about lack of oxygen impeding CO production.. is this equally applicable to charcoal and petrol generators. hm.

One advantage of testing this out with a meter in a vehicle, is that you can physically see the the reading through the window, whereas in a sealed room you need a glass door to register the reading.

My experience with this was that i let the CO build up in the car to the point that i finally got in, the CO was so high that it knocked me out immediately and i didn't have chance to close the door behind me. 3 months in the psych ward later and it's time to try again.

My experience indicates that it's better to let the co build up slowly and take enough sleep aids/xanax/whisky to knock me out for at least 6 hours. ie fire up the gen, swig the happy pills and whisky and possibly a token cigarette and get into the designated space with the generator and close the door. The bathroom is being renovated and i will plug some tools into the gen to make it look realistic.

do you think its possible to stick a hand with a detector through a slightely open door of the tent, just for a brief moment, so you register the reading?

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I was reading the whole thread now, I wish I had the brain of the 'Joannf' user :/
what an intellectual battering ram.
I've done some testing over the weekend, just a bit with the starter, I agree making sure the coal burns evenly might be very important - with a Weber starter that sure isn't the case. most of the coal is ready while the top ones are still mostly black. if you wait for the top ones, a lot of the ones in the base start crumbling, and the end weight is not the same as the starting one

Reactions: thundersnail

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
No, i don't have a timeframe for that. The foolproof method would be to use a 10000ppm tester and be able to see into the enclosed space, be it a car, tent or a small room from the outside, through a window. I can't really see a problem with unzipping a tent a little just enough to get the tester in for a reading. In a small room you need a window to make this test. A car is the easiest from this point of view.

The idea of using a tester is great but they cost 500 euros where i live. What bothers me is not really the expense, it's that the purchase can be traced on your bank account, and so you negate the possibility of it looking like an accident if that's your intention ie a generator in a small room that you're working in.

The guy above did a test with a generator in his car, 2000watt genny in 6.2m3 of space. It took 40 minutes to reach 9000ppm which is highly lethal for just a few minutes. The question is, do you wait for it to hit 9000 before getting in.

An issue that comes up here often is whether to get in when the ppm are low and allow it to build up, or get in when the concentration is high. I had an experience where i allowed bbq coals to build up for 30 minutes in a car, but when i got in i was knocked out so quickly i didn't even get to shut the car door behind me. I have no idea what the concentration was, perhaps at least 5000ppm. Waiting for the thing to reach 9000ppm before getting in might mean you get knocked out immediately. My inclination is to take a few benzos and half a bottle of whisky and just be there from the start and basically hope the low concentrations early on don't provoke nausea or some unexpected reaction leading me to abort while semi conscious.

Messing this up can no doubt lead to brain damage. With 'easier painless' methods one is in the lap of the gods to a certain extent, that's why there is so much deliberation in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatever1111
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
I have a question. I have a large family sized disposable bbq that I was intending to use. Without weighing it is hard to know how it compares to stuff mentioned on here

I know lots of people do ctb with disposable bbqs so it is clearly possible. But be good to know peoples thoughts on quantity, timing etc as they tend to be ready to cook on quicker

Am intending on having it in car boot (I have a hatchback)

Thanks in advance

R

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
There are lots of posts on the co megathread, work your way through them from the beginning of the thread and see what applies to you. I seem to remember a poster who did a test with 2kg in a small car and his 1000ppm meter maxed out rapidly, you'll have to find his post in the megathread for the exact details.

Last edited:
T

time2go

Student
Mar 5, 2019
I haven't tested anything, I'm going too go like the asians and just go for it. Surely this will work.

Using my work van with a 2x2 meter rear, I will cover the side door from the inside with a thick plastic sheet (just too be sure), another sheet will be used across the rear doors like a curtain, where I will be entering. Vents will be covered with thick tape and then a layer of heat proof tape.

I have a chimney starter and 2 different brands of charcoal briquttes. The first load will be dumped into a metal bucket, and placed in a tray off water supported by bricks at the left rear corner. The second load of charcoal will be prepared and dumped in a large metal tray. I will drink my cocktail of vodka a sleeping pills while this reduces too embers. Once ready I will place the metal tray on top of bricks at the left front corner, secure my "curtain" over the rear door, and lay on my make shift bed at the other side. Hopefully too never wake up again. Warning signs will also be put in place just before I enter.

Have I missed anything?

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
Would a 1200w generator in a car create enough CO to be lethal?

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
My plan: Get the coals (1.5-3kg) ready in a starter, wait til they're grey and no longer producing smoke, pour them into disposable baking pans, put the pans in my sealed room and wait for my CO detector to read 5,000+ppm. Enter room, seal it even more, lay down and sleep.
Sounds good?

I hear that carbon dioxide forms before carbon monoxide with the charcoal method. Oxygen is eaten up by the flames and replaced with carbon dioxide. If I'm correct, to form CO the coals need to smoulder with low air, but not low enough to put them out completely. However, I've never heard of anyone testing this method and start choking when they into the sealed area with the coals because of carbon dioxide, so is it a problem I shouldn't worry about?
If I should worry about this, how should I create the perfect environment for carbon monoxide to form in the room?
I also plan to buy a TPI 707, reads up to 10,000ppm. I plan to seal the room with the coals and run a test, checking the CO levels over the course of an hour or two. Assuming it manages to reach adequate levels, when I finally perform the method would it be wise to set the alarm on the device to go off when it is nearing adequate levels of CO before I go in?

Thanks in advance.
Two things. How do you go about reading the co from outside the room.. open the door a crack and put your meter in briefly? This is what i was considering. Obviously the ideal scenario is to have a window. Secondly from what i can gather, if you go into a room measuring 5000ppm and close the door immediately you're unlikely to have time to go around sealing up cracks before losing consciousness or suffering some other debilitating reaction.

The rest of the plan sounds reasonable, although you didn't mention taking any alcohol or benzos.

I'm thinking more along the lines of entering the room while the co is low, having taken a few substances to make me fall asleep rapidly and very deeply, which would hopefully counteract the dizziness and nausea that are to be expected at lower ppm. And it's a petrol generator, not charcoals.

There seem to be two camps with this co method. One that says just get on with it and don't overthink and another that agonises over minute details. So it depends on your personality and state of mind but it seems reasonable to try to cover as many random variables as possible.

N

nopoint

Jul 5, 2018
I read about Binchotan. It's a Japanese charcoal that apparently is smokeless. It contains more carbon than regular charcoal.
I think that means they can produce more CO.
Has anyone heard of this? Is this a better charcoal to buy?

Reactions: thundersnail
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
do you think its possible to stick a hand with a detector through a slightely open door of the tent, just for a brief moment, so you register the reading?

Why not. There are meters with extension part that is sticked in to make readings too but they are little more costly.