N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
I'm so afraid of the smell and fumes from the 2 acids. There are pictures of one victim with a horror green skin and painfull looking injuries. So I was looking of chem.-reactions without acid or fire-heating. It was a long searching day...
I was thinking of mixing boric acid with sulphuric acid in a glass bowl and use a car

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
I´m afraid that "activ coal filter" or (water filter?) can react with the CO and change it to harmles CO2, is this possible or not?

bg2.png

real case: https://dokumen.tips/documents/kohl...cht-durch-ein-gemisch-aus-schwefelsaeure.html
The young man was found outside the car (because of the acid fumes?) the rescue wasn´t successful he ctb later in the hospital.
Wish I could read German

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Read through the thread from the beginning, there are some posts to links from 8ch in the first three pages that have great information. You need study up a little on it. CO basically does the same thing to you as the inert gases ( Nitrogen, Helium, Argon ) but through a different mechanism. Hypoxia, starving your cells of oxygen. CO attaches to your hemoglobin in your bloodstream actually replacing the oxygen. If the levels are high enough, 10000 ppm, you'll be out in less than 15 - 20 seconds with not a lot of warning, and dead in 5 minutes at this level. You need to be very aware of airflow, you want just a little air coming in, you need to make sure you seal areas as much as possible. Take your time, read through the thread and read the links.

I've read through the first 4 pages and read the links. So basically just make sure the tent is insulated well. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on what kind of generator to use specifically.

Reactions: ReadyasEver, therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Best advice for those who are sick and old etc. who are 100% sure want to go is to get a meter. Test out with meter first and take time. Also testing after an hour to know air don't go out if levels aren't above 10000ppm.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and ReadyasEver
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Best advice for those who are sick and old etc. who are 100% sure want to go is to get a meter. Test out with meter first and take time. Also testing after an hour to know air don't go out if levels aren't above 10000ppm.

TIP 707 monitor available from WW Grainger, a little pricey, but goes to 10,000 ppm.

J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Anyone know how much CO a small portable generator would give out? If it was inside a 2 person tent? How long it take to be lethal? Thanks

Where I live they only sell one size portable generators. I have never seen smaller ones. Do you have any info of the generator or the model? What level you are going to get 3000, 6000, 10 000..? The last ones take seconds to knock one out.

With normal size generator 3 cubic meter space would fill up fast. Being close to the generators ventilation air holes in tent would work for sure. There is 70 000ppm in the air that comes from it. Some have died when plugging the generator for that reason though outside the air mixes fast.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Where I live they only sell one size portable generators. I have never seen smaller ones. Do you have any info of the generator or the model? What level you are going to get 3000, 6000, 10 000..? The last ones take seconds to knock one out.

With normal size generator 3 cubic meter space would fill up fast. Being close to the generators ventilation air holes in tent would work for sure. There is 70 000ppm in the air that comes from it. Some have died when plugging the generator for that reason though outside the air mixes fast.

700 running watts is the least expensive, but I am thinking about getting a 1000 R watt instead.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gasoline...MIsbTixPqL4AIVVR6tBh2H-gZxEAQYASABEgILGfD_BwE

Last edited:
Reactions: ReadyasEver, therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
With 1000-1200 W I think it takes about 7-9 min to get 3 cubic meters to higher than 10000ppm. But if the point is to get it above 10000ppm and let the generator run inside then it just can't go wrong. Just having generator inside and breathing the air that comes from it's exhaust airholes close to it (which has 70 000ppm CO) would do the trick instantly.

Is there cold, snowy winter where you live? If the generator is used to get the tent really high (above 20 000ppm) the generator could be pulled fast out from the tent and then go in.

It has above 20 000ppm for sure when the generator starts to properly slow down and cough. So if one don't have a CO meter then that's a sure sign. They are supposed to do that when there is lack of oxygen and they stop quite fast in that small place too.

J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Smaller means just longer time. But maybe bigger and more expensive can be better otherwise working in oxygen deprived environment. That you can't know since there is advice to use it only outside.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
With 1000-1200 W I think it takes about 7-9 min to get 3 cubic meters to higher than 10000ppm. But if the point is to get it above 10000ppm and let the generator run inside then it just can't go wrong. Just having generator inside and breathing the air that comes from it's exhaust airholes close to it (which has 70 000ppm CO) would do the trick instantly.

Is there cold, snowy winter where you live? If the generator is used to get the tent really high (above 20 000ppm) the generator could be pulled fast out from the tent and then go in.

It has above 20 000ppm for sure when the generator starts to properly slow down and cough. So if one don't have a CO meter then that's a sure sign. They are supposed to do that when there is lack of oxygen and they stop quite fast in that small place too.

It's about 40 degrees at night now . How long til generator shuts off? It might work to fast. I was thinking of taking anesthesia and falling asleep first.

J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
TIP 707 monitor available from WW Grainger, a little pricey, but goes to 10,000 ppm.

No need for te
It's about 40 degrees at night now . How long til generator shuts off? It might work to fast. I was thinking of taking anesthesia and falling a

Can you PM me?

R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
So two questions :

Is generator more reliable as a method than bbq coals?

Are are generators the same (ie do they all produce co2)?

J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
What is te? Who are you asking to pm with?

I was sending to you pm me. But above I was trying to write that it doesn't need second testing when levels are 10000ppm because it knocks out right away and does the job in 1-2 minutes.

It totally depends on the space (there are really small 2 people tents and big ones) and how much air gets out. I would guess that it really starts to slow down in about 15min. When loud generator is quiet compared and coughs and makes slow noice I think it's same to put it off. You can hear when it's barely working.
But it doesn't get broken from it. You can put the generator inside the tent and take time. Leave the tent outside open for a while after the test to get the smell of it.
When man died in car with portable generator on he had 3/4 full generator that was off meaning it had shutted down when it had used 25% of the benzine.

If you haven't had generator before then just remember to move the clutch to left(or right depending on the model) after you start it. Then there is oil and benzine which you can buy from the same store and often if asked they fill it up ready to go. I would check that in the store if there are workers who can teach the use since I had wrong models instructions inside the package when I bought one which made the most easiest thing to do so confusing.;)

Reactions: thundersnail, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
I was sending to you pm me. But above I was trying to write that it doesn't need second testing when levels are 10000ppm because it knocks out right away and does the job in 1-2 minutes.

It totally depends on the space (there are really small 2 people tents and big ones) and how much air gets out. I would guess that it really starts to slow down in about 15min. When loud generator is quiet compared and coughs and makes slow noice I think it's same to put it off. You can hear when it's barely working.
But it doesn't get broken from it. You can put the generator inside the tent and take time. Leave the tent outside open for a while after the test to get the smell of it.
When man died in car with portable generator on he had 3/4 full generator that was off meaning it had shutted down when it had used 25% of the benzine.

If you haven't had generator before then just remember to move the clutch to left(or right depending on the model) after you start it. Then there is oil and benzine which you can buy from the same store and often if asked they fill it up ready to go. I would check that in the store if there are workers who can teach the use since I had wrong models instructions inside the package when I bought one which made the most easiest thing to do so confusing.;)

84 in W 84 in D. 42 in H are the dimensions of the tent I have. Will a portable generator never shut off completely until gas runs out? I will try to ask seller. I will try to test it also maybe. As long as it continues to make high levels of CO for a few hours that should be good.

ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
I tried suicide by combining formic acid and sulfuric acid, to create carbon monoxide in a car and i want to share my experience. I hope my report will someone save from a horrible fate.

First of all, after what i have experienced, i would nobody advise to kill themself with that method. The risk is to high to survive and being brain-damaged. I dont know how i have survived, and even almost unharmed. After all what i have read, i should be dead. I still cannot entire believe that i have survived. And it makes me very sad that i am still alive. I wish it had gone as I had hoped.

I will report as detailed as possible.

I buyed one litre 85% of technical purity formic acid and two litre 95% of technical purity sulfuric acid on the internet.
I also buyed five 2 litre jars with a cap, two 10 litre plastic water cans, tubes and a oxygen mask. My aim was to build two carbon monoxid generators like the gulps machine. You can look a video about it on vimeo.

I made at home a hole in every jar cap and pulled a 6mm tube in it. The jars had the purpose to store the acids. The other side of the tube endet in one of the water cans. The water cans were filled to the half with water to absorb the fumes from the acids. To one water canister were two jars attached, to the other three jars. To the water canister with the two jars i had attached a oxygen mask and closed the cap. So that all carbon monoxide had to flow through the oxygen mask directly to my mouth. The water canister where the three jars were attached i let the cap open. So the carbon monoxid can exit the water canister there. After it was deep night, i drove to the forest with my stuff.

I parked my small car. With a duct tape, i closed all the vent holes, except the vent holes near the floor. After that i took the seats in the horizontal position. I put the two water canisters in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and put the jars on the ground, in front of the seat-passanger door. Than i opened the formic acid. I was glad that i had safety glasses and silicone protective gloves. In every of the jars i put about 200ml of formic acid. I smelled the fumes. It smells like vinegar. After that i opened one of the sulfuric acid bottles and put about 400ml in two jars and 200ml in one jar. The reaction begun instantly. I opened the second sulfuric acid bottle and filled the remaining jars. After that i pulled 3 jars in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and two jars on the seat of the passanger. I went to the driver seat. Put the oxygen mask on my mouth and noticed that air came from the mask. But i smelled nothing. I layed back on the seat and waited to die. After about 5 seconds i fell a little bit unwell. After 8 seconds my eyes begun to close. After 10 seconds i was sleeping.
I dreamed nothing. My life did not flashed before my eyes.

After two hours i woked up. I were not able to think normal. I thought i will be brain-damaged now. I know now how brain-damaged people feel. I was very angry that i were not dead. And i was very afraid that i would be brain-damaged now. I just wanted to die. I tried to set my car in fire to die. I tried to burn the passanger seat with a lighter. But now i know they are fireproof. I begun to realize that i will not die now. So i opened the windows and layed on the seat. I had no power, the easiest things, like searching for my smartphone, made me exhausted. I had headaches and was sick. I had not vomited but in the sleep i pissed myself. After about an hour, i were able to put the acids out of the car. The car smelled after formic acid. It was unbearable. I were not able to move for the next 6 hours. I feel now dumber. Something had happened with my brain. I dont know how i were able to survive this. After what happened to me, i will never do suicide with carbon monoxide again and i cannot recommend it to anyone.

• Informative
Reactions: murun_b, Ἡγησίας, GeorgeJL and 6 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@ThisIsTheLastNight ,

It may not be as easy as it seems. I don't know about the numbers. It's a matter of properly managing the process I guess, and that's easier said than done.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
To help some people, I did a test with a portable generator, Generac 2000 watt. I have a crew cab pick up, approx 6.2 m cubed in volume on the interior. I did not tape my doors or air vents. Started the generator and put in the truck with a TPI 707 CO meter. Within 15 minutes the CO went up to 3000, at 30 minutes it hit 7500, and made it to 9600 at 40 minutes. The generators started to slow down as the oxygen was being depleted.

Reactions: Stryxmain, letmeseethedeath, killing me softly and 5 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
To help some people, I did a test with a portable generator, Generac 2000 watt. I have a crew cab pick up, approx 6.2 m cubed in volume on the interior. I did not tape my doors or air vents. Started the generator and put in the truck with a TPI 707 CO meter. Within 15 minutes the CO went up to 3000, at 30 minutes it hit 7500, and made it to 9600 at 40 minutes. The generators started to slow down as the oxygen was being depleted.

Thanks for running those tests, the information has been useful.

Reactions: therhydler, GerMann and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
@ThisIsTheLastNight: That sounds really bad, I don't know what gone wrong with your attemp. Is your brain still affected?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29785586 (a co2 case)
Unfortunately yes. My body is shaking the whole time. Other people dont see it, because it is almost not noticeable. They would only see it if i would hold my hand horizontally in the air. Than they would see that my hand is shaking. My handwriting became very worse. My memory became worse too. I have sometimes problems to find the right words. I feel very weak. My thinking became overall worse. But its nothing in comparison how i felt when i woked up in the car. It was not like beeing drunk. I did know clearly what happend, how i am and so on. I had no problems to use my hands. But if i tried to do something, it was like my brain was a colander and my thoughts would disappear before i had finished my thinking. Very hard to explain. After i woked up, i had also very strong ear noises in my had. But that was nothing in comparison to the brain damage.

I used one litre of 85% formic acid. 10ml of 85% formic acid would give about 5,1 litre of carbon monoxide. My small car has a volume of 3m³. Thats 3000 litre. To reach 1% of carbon monoxide amount in the air i would just needed 30 litre of carbon monoxide. So i would just needed 60ml of formic acid. And i had one litre = 1000ml. More than ten times more what i would needed to die. I realy dont know what went wrong and how i cold survive this. In the peaceful pill handbook they used for a test just 150ml of 85% formic acid and 250ml of 98% sulphuric acid. They reached 10000ppm after about 6 minutes. I was unconscious after seconds. And woked up after 2 hours. The chemical reaction in the jars were over. I feel like i have to tell what happend to me so that other people know how it can end. That it is not such a secure death like they may think, and like i had thought.

Reactions: persef, Lennox and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Everyone with terminal disease who want to go without pain have to get CO meter and do as advised in euthanasia sites. There is nowhere said that do it without proper testing but just the opposite. I haven't heard anyone getting enough CO from acids except Peacefull Pill writer but he made testings on CO levels and he is a professional. People with terminal disease have talked about their tests with acids and none of them got the CO level enough. Someone said that it needed to be heated to get the CO level rise. If it takes time to save money for the meter it's better to do it that way. You will just get long term headache and can't function well if you spend time in low level CO.

Euthanasia sites and books are made to give people painless and quick, "good death". Unnamed people who work with sick and elderly and have helped many to die without pain have said that the ways in the books are with 100% certainty painless and work when done by the instructions.
Acids are not recommended and none had used that method (from the info of people who advice and help dieing people to die humanely).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Nobody will survive 2min in 10 000ppm. After few seconds one is knocked out so he will stay in that space longer than 2min. No way to change mind with that method.

Reactions: myusername and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018

Is co your method of choice? If you don't mind me asking.

R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
Right I am thinking of hiring a generator and running it in my car. From reading here that should get to high level quick and will slow down once oxygen is depleted (to give me a clue).

Two questions for the more scientific of you :
1.do I stay in car from start
2.if not how long before getting in

It is a normal family saloon. Would run the genny in the boot and remove the parcel shelf

Relies and advice appreciated x

N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
Right I am thinking of hiring a generator and running it in my car. From reading here that should get to high level quick and will slow down once oxygen is depleted (to give me a clue).

Two questions for the more scientific of you :
1.do I stay in car from start
2.if not how long before getting in

It is a normal family saloon. Would run the genny in the boot and remove the parcel shelf

Relies and advice appreciated x
Not heard of anyone using a generator in a car so hard to say people usually use charcoal,
in that case its usually recommended to wait 20 mins unless you have some drugs to make you relaxed although i doubt the thousands in asia who use this method every year bother with meters or waiting they just go for it.

Reactions: Robanon
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Anyone know how long it would take for a portable propane stove or grill to produce lethal levels of CO inside a tent? I need something that will take 1 to 2 hours before reaching lethal levels as I am trying to put myself to sleep first.

O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
I saw a small charcoal/briquette grill at a store and wondered how long it'd take to start a fire in the bathroom and fill the air with carbon dioxide.

I've read posts here but they're rather complicated...

How long should it take till I die from lighting up the grill by using briquettes (1 or 2kg? It's about the size of a common rice cooker) in the bathroom?
And does it make much smoke and odour?
Can it possibly somehow set the place on fire after I die and it runs unwatched till it burns out?

Thanks

mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
So I have a Husky 3750 watt generator and a small 7 by 4 foot room to use it in. Does anyone have a rough timeframe on how long it would take to produce a lethal concentration of PPM?

Attachments

• A8E3D1D4-599B-4CB2-9338-B1D2E41E3A40.jpeg
    A8E3D1D4-599B-4CB2-9338-B1D2E41E3A40.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
how do people take hold of a CO detector that goes up to 10 000 ppm? I'm in eastern europe and it seems almost impossible - in my country they go up to 1000ppm :/
do they just do it without the detector, and hope for the best, cause that seems like an awful solution

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Spiko