N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
Does anyone know whether smokeless fuel will work to produce carbon monoxide. Something like https://www.wickes.co.uk/Brazier-Smokeless-Fuel-Coal-Bag-10kg/p/143359.
I can't find any normal charcoal in my area, but the smokeless coal worries me as it says it produces less carbon dioxide. Does that also mean it would produce less carbon monoxide?
Not sure to be honest not seen anyone mention using it so personally i wouldnt risk it as the purer the better , Surprised you cant find any charcoal near you, dont you have a homebase close by?

Reactions: thundersnail, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
Not sure to be honest not seen anyone mention using it so personally i wouldnt risk it as the purer the better , Surprised you cant find any charcoal near you, dont you have a homebase close by?

Just a b&q and that's all they had. They didn't have any regular charcoal in stock. I was considering ordering some online but Amazon wouldn't let me schedule a particular day for delivery and don't want to risk anyone else receiving it :/

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Does anyone know whether smokeless fuel will work to produce carbon monoxide. Something like https://www.wickes.co.uk/Brazier-Smokeless-Fuel-Coal-Bag-10kg/p/143359.
I can't find any normal charcoal in my area, but the smokeless coal worries me as it says it produces less carbon dioxide. Does that also mean it would produce less carbon monoxide?

Not 100% sure either but if it produces less carbon dioxide it wont displace as much oxygen in the air plus less carbon dioxide available to be converted into carbon monoxide. Plus it says it burns longer which means longer for the Carbon monoxide to actually be produced as that done in the presence of low oxygen.

Id hold out for the proper stuff to be sure.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and sif
N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
Just a b&q and that's all they had. They didn't have any regular charcoal in stock. I was considering ordering some online but Amazon wouldn't let me schedule a particular day for delivery and don't want to risk anyone else receiving it :/
I see your problem, Argos sell it but most stores are out of stock i presume because its more of a summer item.

G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
I see your problem, Argos sell it but most stores are out of stock i presume because its more of a summer item.
Yeah that's what I'm guessing. Do you know why its charcoal that's used? Is there any reason wood pellets wouldn't work? Something like this: https://www.diy.com/departments/homefire-heatlog-9-5kg-pack/5017974010152_BQ.prd

It's frustrating because I really need to have a method ready for Tuesday. I was expecting more time to prepare but personal events have meant that's no longer possible

N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
Yeah that's what I'm guessing. Do you know why its charcoal that's used? Is there any reason wood pellets wouldn't work? Something like this: https://www.diy.com/departments/homefire-heatlog-9-5kg-pack/5017974010152_BQ.prd

It's frustrating because I really need to have a method ready for Tuesday. I was expecting more time to prepare but personal events have meant that's no longer possible
As thats just wood and contains no carbon it wont work sorry , charcoal is used because under the right circumstances it produced CO

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
As thats just wood and contains no carbon it wont work sorry , charcoal is used because under the right circumstances it produced CO

Nohoper, hardwood for firewood does produce a fair amount of CO. The problem is the smoke and flame issues.

Reactions: thundersnail, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 2 others
N

Nik

Oct 4, 2018
Reactions: thundersnail, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 2 others
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018

Reactions: thundersnail, Lennox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
I recently brought disposable barbecues from Home Bargains. They are still stocking them.

Yes can be found in quite a few places.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@GerMann ,,

You need a chemistry setup ... ?

Reactions: Efem, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
I'm so afraid of the smell and fumes from the 2 acids. There are pictures of one victim with a horror green skin and painfull looking injuries. So I was looking of chem.-reactions without acid or fire-heating. It was a long searching day...

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Anyone know how much CO a small portable generator would give out? If it was inside a 2 person tent? How long it take to be lethal? Thanks

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and therhydler
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone know how much CO a small portable generator would give out? If it was inside a 2 person tent? How long it take to be lethal? Thanks

I have no idea, how permeable is the tent to air flow? The only way to know is a trial or two with a CO meter that goes to 10,000 ppm.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Zzzzz, therhydler and 1 other person
B

BlackpillAsshat

Dec 12, 2018
I have done a couple trial runs on CO in a vehicle and produced close to 10,000ppm for sustained period of time. ( 9500 and 9800 ). The method works but the devil is in the details. At those levels, you will not get a chance to get a headache or nausea. You will be out in 10-15 seconds, and gone in 5-10 minutes.

What details, exactly?
And those levels are perfect, I want to avoid the headaches and just be out ASAP.

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I have CO meter that goes to 10,000 ppm. Using a quad cab pick up truck. Approx. volume is 6 m^3. Taped all internal airducts. Taped 3 of the four exterior doors. Use two pails with approx 2 1/2 kilos of charcoal in each. Pails set in pans with two inches of water each. All set on top of bricks. Waited for charcoal to turn all gray and not smoking before putting into vehicle.

B

BlackpillAsshat

Dec 12, 2018
Have you tried a test without taping ducts and doors to see what happens?

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
No, wanted to control airflow as much as possible.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
I have no idea, how permeable is the tent to air flow? The only way to know is a trial or two with a CO meter that goes to 10,000 ppm.

I haven't been able to find out exact air permeability , but It is a basic $25 2 person tent, weather resistant but not strictly waterproof. Rain Fly cover included . I am thinking about putting a tarp or blankets over the top and the inside to prevent air flow out. I don't have a CO meter currently. The generator would be a 2 cylinder, $100 one. 700 watts. I was hoping for a ballpark estimate of how long it might take. By the way. How long did it take in your car experiment for levels to reach 9800 after the burner was taken inside the car?

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
40 minutes roughly

G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
Right have 10kg of bar-be-quick charcoal briquettes, a chimney starter and bucket to dump it into. Going to try and practise getting the charcoals to the right stage now

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and nohoper
G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
How much charcoal should I use for a room that's about 7m^3?

Reactions: therhydler, ReadyasEver and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Feline

Feline

I am Purity, they call me Perverted.
Jan 24, 2019
I love the idea of it, but SI would be a huge factor unless you were locked in the car from the outside? I would love to try it.

Hi, this will be the megathread for the carbon monoxide method.

I have some questions about the charcoal method, is it a simple method to do? Like buying charcoal and setting it or there is some steps and setup to follow

The ppeh gives low rating for preparation but good rating for reliability, peacefulness and quickness

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
I have the resources to do this method, but I'm concerned about a family member catching me and ending up a vegetable. They are suspicious of everything and know I want to die.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I have the resources to do this method, but I'm concerned about a family member catching me and ending up a vegetable. They are suspicious of everything and know I want to die.
Oof! You need a private place that is small or a vehicle you can seal up.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Also guys, we had a couple construction workers die from this last winter in our area. They ran a generator in an enclosed garage for awhile before walking in. Here's the interesting thing, they did not make it out. The coroner said the levels were extremely high, basically they dropped in their tracks. So getting a high PPM value, close to or over 10,000, makes this method damn near painless.

Reactions: greenpictureframe, Feline, therhydler and 2 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Oof! You need a private place that is small or a vehicle you can seal up.

There is a potential place, but family would have to drop me off to get there. No car.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Read through the thread from the beginning, there are some posts to links from 8ch in the first three pages that have great information. You need study up a little on it. CO basically does the same thing to you as the inert gases ( Nitrogen, Helium, Argon ) but through a different mechanism. Hypoxia, starving your cells of oxygen. CO attaches to your hemoglobin in your bloodstream actually replacing the oxygen. If the levels are high enough, 10000 ppm, you'll be out in less than 15 - 20 seconds with not a lot of warning, and dead in 5 minutes at this level. You need to be very aware of airflow, you want just a little air coming in, you need to make sure you seal areas as much as possible. Take your time, read through the thread and read the links.

Reactions: greenpictureframe, letmeseethedeath, Spiko and 4 others
N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
Has anyone thought about using sulfuric acid and formic acid instead of charcoal? Seems to me it could be simpler and take less time than waiting for charcoal to burn and possibly attracting attention. I don't know much about it yet but would be curious about everyone else's opinions
Do you know how to do the CO with sufuric acid and boric acid?

N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
I have done a couple trial runs on CO in a vehicle and produced close to 10,000ppm for sustained period of time. ( 9500 and 9800 ). The method works but the devil is in the details. At those levels, you will not get a chance to get a headache or nausea. You will be out in 10-15 seconds, and gone in 5-10 minutes.
I have the formic acid and am getting the sulphuric acid. I saw posts on combining them 1:2 ratio and putting them in a glass? Bowl and somewhere where u cant knock it over. Would I need to cover vents in car? Its a small SUv