• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Depends on how you feel and above all your will power. I need meds mainly For my anxiety so I couldn't live without those but had the willpower to reduce When I was going way above. Hope you can find the answers you are looking for.

A

alice-in-wonderland

Nov 20, 2020
I think so too - it is possible to get better on your own if one doesn't have access to helpful therapists. Establishing boundaries helped me to start my recovery for example - not attending the CBT sessions.

M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
Sometimes. You should probably have a support network in place as part of the process. This doesn't have to be people who are explicitly brought in for the purpose of recovery, because that can be asking a lot of others, but people external to yourself who can note and track changes in your behavior and are willing to say so. They can also serve as a point of reference in case your efforts don't seem to be bearing fruit.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, SS has helped me lots to kinda recover. I really enjoy reading people's different experiences, providing advice and also the advice you give me!
Last week was one of the worst I've had in my life but this week is being kinda great!
Still, I take some meds but I don't see them so relevant. They only help me to sleep.

T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
It is possible. It also depends on the reasons. Some do need medical help. I would also warn you that time is of the essence.
Don't so naive. We only can said I felt your pain and suffering. Share stories maybe helpful, so you will think your life is not so miserable. If he said he didn't have money to get medical help. What you going to do? If he said I am homeless can't get help from my government. What are you going to said? Most people joined SS are unlucky and misfortune because we don't know our future. Hopefully everyone can find a luck one day.

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
For some potentially but you need to share and reach out beyond yourself to some degree for perspective, other views, guidance and support. But in any healing and recovery the true hard work has to come from the person. Anyone here who has even just considered CTB but it still here is incredibly strong, it's finding eachs own way to channel that strength best we can. That may be recovery or finding our peace in death.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
maybe, but it depends on many factors (ie how severe your depression is, financial issues, social support etc)

• Love
Reactions: The end !
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I don't agree with the premises of CBT much, but yes most of my own survival and understanding how I need to adapt and what I'm up against, come from my own research and reading the accounts of fellow-travelers... mental health professionals, if they listened to me at all, were mostly people I had to do unpaid education for, and got little in return.

• Love
Reactions: The end !
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Are therapy and psychiatry even particularly helpful overall? That's not the impression I get from reading this forum. I see it being more exception than rule that some mental health institution has helped anyone. It should actually be easier to find motivation to live in something personal, rather than some suspicious chems or a stranger spewing psychobabble at you.